• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best On-Screen Chemistry? - movieGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
27zdt9t.jpg

Homies over hoes.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Walter and The Dude (and Donnie), not only are the funny together but you get the impression that they've been friends for a long time.

Hootie said:
Bogart and Bacall in To Have and Have Not

Fixed it for you. The Big Sleep was a good movie, but the Bogart/Bacall relationship doesn't really fit with the plot.

Any way, Bruce Willis and Reginald VelJohnson in Die Hard. Even though they just talking by radio for most of the time, it still fleshed out both of their characters and provided a nice counterpoint to the action.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Blader5489 said:
All-time there's too many to list/think about, but the best film couple of this year:

[ig]http://tinyurl.com/yzg6vmq[/img]

I wanted to love this movie, but they just didn't work as well as I thought they would. JGL was awesome, I just don't love Zooey's style.

KGKK

Banned
msdstc said:
I wanted to love this movie, but they just didn't work as well as I thought they would. JGL was awesome, I just don't love Zooey's style.

Yeah I went into the movie with high expectations, they both were douches. JGL's acting was good, could not stand Zooey, would never go for a chick like her.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
KGKK said:
Yeah I went into the movie with high expectations, they both were douches. JGL's acting was good, could not stand Zooey, would never go for a chick like her.

They weren't douches. The problem with Zooey is that whole cute thing she does. It seemed uninvolved and monotone to me, and her character came off as obnoxious and super self indulgent. I've got a bias towards JGL though, his character may have been pretentious, but he was outstanding in the role. Hoping he can break out soon.

JGS

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Julia Ormond and everybody

]

Those were great picks.

Wesley Snipes & Woody Harrelson - White Men Can't Jump
Woody Harrelson & Rosie Perz - White Men Can't Jump

Wall-e & Eve

Emil & Linguine - Ratatoille

Also, I hate to admit it but

Chris Tucker & Jackie Chan - Rush Hour

Cipherr

vampire.jpg

interview-vampire.jpg

I liked the chemistry between the characters in interview with a vampire. They did really well with the little girl (well she was young at THAT time at least). Good flick.

UraMallas

Benicio del Toro and Johnny Depp in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

iqanu1.jpg

Raoul Duke: Well? What are your plans?
Dr. Gonzo: Plans?
Raoul Duke: The child in the bedroom.
Dr. Gonzo: Oh, Lucy. I met her on the plane. Yeah, she's a religious freak. I gave her a cap before I realized... Jesus, she's never even had a drink before.
Raoul Duke: Well... It'll probably work out. We can keep her loaded and peddle her ass at the drug convention. Yeah. She's perfect for this gig. These cops will go fifty bucks a head to beat her into submission and then gang fuck her. We can set her up in one of these back street motels, hang pictures of Jesus all over the room, then turn these fucking pigs loose on her. Hell, she's strong, man. She'll hold her own.
Dr. Gonzo: Jesus Christ. I knew you were sick but I never expected to hear you actually say that kind of stuff, you filthy bastard.
Raoul Duke: Straight economics man. This girl is a God-send. Shit, she can make us a grand a day.
Dr. Gonzo: That's ugly, man. Stop talking like that.
Raoul Duke: I figure she can do about four at a time. If we keep her full of acid that's more like two grand a day. Maybe three.
Dr. Gonzo: Hold on, man. What if I just jump you and beat the dog shit out of you? Would that make you feel better? You filthy bastard.
Raoul Duke: Alright listen to me. In a few hours, she'll probably be sane enough to work herself into some kind of towering Jesus-based rage at the hazy recollection of being seduced by some kind of cruel Samoan who fed her liquor and LSD, dragged her to a Vegas hotel room and then savagely penetrated every orifice in her little body with his throbbing, uncircumcised member.
Dr. Gonzo: That's so ugly, man!
Raoul Duke: Fuck. Truth hurts.
Dr. Gonzo: That's, argh! Argh! That's argh! Argh! That's argh!
Raoul Duke: Argh...
Dr. Gonzo: I wanted to help her, man.
Raoul Duke: Well, you'll go straight to the gas chamber for this one. And even if you manage to beat that, they'll still send you back to Nevada for rape and consensual sodomy. She's got to go.
Dr. Gonzo: Shit. It doesn't pay to try to help someone these days.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
300.fey.baldwin.30rock.071409.jpg

Also, Jim and Dwight prior to the show being ruined by Jim and Pam.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Blair said:
Ethan Hawke & Julie Deply (before sunset/rise)
Hell yes. These two played their roles amazingly well, and they clicked on-screen better than any other movie couple I've ever seen.

Also, Stephen Chow and Ng Man Tat. They have made countless films playing basically the same roles - Chow is always the poor bastard who gets into trouble somehow and Ng is always his father/uncle/mentor - yet the chemistry and banter between them just never gets old.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Blader5489 said:
All-time there's too many to list/think about, but the best film couple of this year:

yzg6vmq
See, I don't think they had particularly great chemistry, which is precisely why the movie works. It's kind of the entire point of the film, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom