• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Big Boss wants you!" - Kojima Prod hiring at GDC 2012 for "The Next MGS" (cons/PC)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Interesting. But I fully expect this to be some bizarre troll on Kojima's part where MGS5 chronicles his trolling his fans and how the game really is Megaman Legends 3 and Edgeworth 2's translation is the script. Then he retires from the gaming business because "fans didn't provide enough support for the real MGS5!" or whatever.

Seriously though: It seems Kojima is outsourcing this to get some western help with the Fox engine. Maybe Kojima/Konami are planning to license it out or need the help to port it to next-gen consoles in addition to having it run on 360/PS3/PC.

NeoUltima

More Big Boss huh...Guess that makes sense, only thing he could do with Solid Snake is MG/MG2 remake...which I personally feel has potential to be the ultimate MGS if it ever gets made.
But judging by the art, that Big Boss is too young for 1990s. Then again, this is Kojima...could end up being a Raiden game (saving Sunny or something) lol.

Can't wait for this thing to be announced.

More Big Boss huh...Guess that makes sense, only thing he could do with Solid Snake is MG/MG2 remake...which I personally feel has potential to be the ultimate MGS if it ever gets made.
But judging by the art, that Big Boss is too young for 1990s. Then again, this is Kojima...could end up being a Raiden game (saving Sunny or something) lol.

Can't wait for this thing to be announced.

It's probably late 70s/early 80s with Big Boss in some African civil war.

TheSeks

It's probably late 70s/early 80s with Big Boss in some African civil war.

Well, Outer Haven was made in Peace Walker, but we never saw an "uprising," unless you count
stopping "the Boss" again
as an uprising. :/

I've been thinking about MGS a lot lately, listening to the soundtrack on youtube, talking about it with friends, and I've come to the conclusion that I need more MGS in my life. Lets go Koji, get this thing made.

TheSeks

The events of Metal Gear are referred to as "The Outer Heaven Uprising."

MGS5 may deal with the events that lead Big Boss into starting that uprising.

Was it MG? I thought they referred to the uprising but the events weren't in that game.

The events of Metal Gear are referred to as "The Outer Heaven Uprising."

MGS5 may deal with the events that lead Big Boss into starting that uprising.

Oh okay, I didn't put that together. Yeah that's a good idea, but I remember people predicting Peace Walker would do that too. I have a feeling it might not happen in this game so they can leave it open for more Big Boss games.

I have a feeling we could meet Gray Fox and young Naomi in this game.

Was it MG? I thought they referred to the uprising but the events weren't in that game.

In MGS1 (manual) it says "Outer Heaven Revolt," but I'm almost positive that in the Peace Walker credits-timeline it says

"1995
Outer Heaven Uprising"

Oh okay, I didn't put that together. Yeah that's a good idea, but I remember people predicting Peace Walker would do that too. I have a feeling it might not happen in this game so they can leave it open for more Big Boss games.

I have a feeling we could meet Gray Fox and young Naomi in this game.

We already met Fox in Portable Ops, but I wish we hadn't...

I don't think this game will lead right into the events that cause the uprising, I'm guessing it'll take place 5 (max 10) years after Peace Walker.

TheSeks

I have a feeling we could meet Gray Fox

Port Ops. But who knows if that's being considered since Kojima even acknowledges that was shit and semi-retconned it stealthily in Peace Walker.

Port Ops. But who knows if that's being considered since Kojima even acknowledges that was shit and semi-retconned it stealthily in Peace Walker.

I know about Null in Portable Ops, but it's known that Big Boss met Gray Fox again in the 80s in Africa. He also made it possible for Gray Fox and Naomi to enter the US.

Judging from that screenshot Kojima posted in December (which I'm certain is from this game) it could well be set in Africa during this period.

The MGS4 "engine" wasn't really an engine.

Like, this same thing happened in the PS2 era. They threw out all their code from MGS2 when they started MGS3 because they couldn't correctly change it, so they were essentially making project specific code.

Rising also went no where and was basically canned due to this combined with them having no idea for a gameplay direction, and then shipped out to Platinum in early 2011.

This is a large part of why we have Fox Engine now, since they realized they couldn't keep doing this.

It's still an engine, just a game specific one.

As for the PS2 games, you're right but they did actually experiment with the MGS2 engine when developing MGS3. Problem was that it wasn't designed for outdoor environments, so they scrapped it and started over. Here's one of their prototypes.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Reboot that shit with Big Boss as the main character. Story is already a clusterfuck.

I'm tired of everything being preplanned orchestrated bullshit by the Patriots while the story itself wasn't preplanned by Kojima.

Stoked.

As much as I was hoping for a Liquid-lead game, all signs point to Big Boss again. I don't have an gripes as long as there's a substantial piece of story worth telling.

I'm assuming this is Big Boss near Foxhound's creation. We may even see a young Snake somewhere.

Stoked.

As much as I was hoping for a Liquid-lead game, all signs point to Big Boss again. I don't have an gripes as long as there's a substantial piece of story worth telling.

I'm assuming this is Big Boss near Foxhound's creation. We may even see a young Snake somewhere.

Foxhound has already been created.

I'm guessing the game will be about this:

1980's:
Date unknown: Big Boss battles in various African civil wars and becomes a hero.

Snake would be a teenager, so he's probably still in the US; unless part of the game goes into the late 80's/very early 90's, but if that happens I don't know what Snake would be doing in/around Africa at the time.

Solidus would be much more likely to show up, and little Raiden.

Thoraxes

They're hiring a music composer and a sound designer!

I should apply for the hell of it. I meet all the requirements, and have used all the required software experience and have recording experience... Just, I can't make it all the way out to GDC ;_;

Damn, that would be the coolest job ever.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Oh yeah, a request for anyone going to GDC.

Tell them to use the real fucking MGS theme song. The one from 1-3, not the one from MGS4.
Yeah yeah I know why it was absent, because they found out TAPPY ripped off an old Russian song. Well we still want it back.

Oh yeah, a request for anyone going to GDC.

Tell them to use the real fucking MGS theme song. The one from 1-3, not the one from MGS4.
Yeah yeah I know why it was absent, because they found out TAPPY ripped off an old Russian song. Well we still want it back.

It's probably the biggest reason why I don't like MGS4.

Stupid russians...

a0pS8.jpg

just a single artwork and they already got me on the hype train. damn.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
All that picture does for me is make me want Fallout/Metal Gear crossover game. Snake and Dogmeat, t'would be glorious.

OmegaZero

You spend the whole game bonding with the dog, as it does useful things like sniff out clues and subdue soldiers.
Then it dies/gets shot, and Big Boss hates the world.

MGS5(6?).

Totally calling it.

SamuraiX-

MEAGFUCKINGTON

2015 can't come soon enough.

But damn, I'd be nervous as hell trying to apply for KP and handing a resume to them. Talk about intimidating.

Looks like "Sneaking Dogs"
or "Smoking Dogs"

If it does say Sneaking Dogs, it could be a play on the phrase "Let sleeping dogs lie". Instead of a sleeping dog that doesn't want to take action if it causes change, Big Boss is a sneaking dog that does the opposite.

Nibel

Dat artwork.

So we can assume that those screenshots from FOX engine are MGS5 screenshots in reality?

And PC version? Is this real life?

Liamario

Banned
I think it's a great universe. I just hope he continues down the road of MGS4 and modernise the gameplay mechanics.

Also, please take a leaf out of Uncharted's books with regards to telling your story during gameplay as well as cutscenes.

Top Bottom