• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother Canada Season 4 |OT| - Double Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I've been pretty critical of Mitch in the first few weeks of this season. Felt he was gaming unnecessarily hard in vote outcomes he had no real stakes in and that exposed him.

Ironically, the one vote Mitch was able to influence was getting Nikki to vote out Dallas last week and, had Dallas still been around, he would have been a shield that Jared would have pushed Raul to target ahead of him THIS week. I think Mitch overestimated his ability to influence people and, while he did get a raw deal thanks to this twist, I've been leaning towards an early jury exit for him for some time now. The Parhar boot slot seems perfect for him.

Holmes

I can't with Kelsey. Bitch is so annoying. Cassandra tells them that Mitch said last week Jared and Raul wanted to go after the brothers or Cassandra, she's all "of course Mitch said that" while doing her stupid ballerina twirls. Bitch you weren't even there, you spent the week up Loveita's ass and then came back thinking you're running the place.

UberTag

EVICTION NIGHT 6 SPOILERS

Mitch was evicted by a vote of 5-3 (Nikki, Maddy and Ramsey voted to keep him).
Maddy won a Before/After HOH comp (quiz comps are her thing).

UberTag

Mitch is pretty amazing right now.
He's also pretty evicted. Shame that being amazing doesn't equate to effective Big Brother play.

NOMINATION SPOILERS

Because Maddy hates women and wants to be the last girl left standing, her nominees this week are Kelsey and Nikki. Suspect Cassandra will go up if either of them come down off the block.

He's also pretty evicted. Shame that being amazing doesn't equate to effective Big Brother play.

NOMINATION SPOILERS

Because Maddy hates women and wants to be the last girl left standing, her nominees this week are Kelsey and Nikki. Suspect Cassandra will go up if either of them come down off the block.

At this point I'll consider it a success if they put up
anyone in the Third Wheel.

NYR

NOMINATION SPOILERS

Maddy
is a fucking moron. One of the worst players in BB history, keeps making ridiculous mistakes. What a hater.

Yado

Honestly other than Jared and Raul none of the others had a logical reason for bringing back Kelsey, now they're regretting it because they thought she would bring "positive energy" to the house.

UberTag

CLARIFIED NOMINATION SPOILERS

Maddy's initial reflex decision to only put one of the Third Wheel on the block has changed and she elected to put up both Jared and Kelsey... although this is predominantly to ensure that Jared can't pull her down by winning POV and to keep a vote to keep Kelsey in the game out of the equation.

Kelsey is still the target and the likely boot this week unless either her or Raul win veto.

This is getting unbearable. Might quit watching the season and just read updates
I've pretty much only watched the live feeds once in the past two weeks or so when Emmett was in the house. And haven't watched any episodes since the fake double eviction... so I'm right there with you. It's been a pretty underwhelming season.

UberTag

POV PARTICIPANTS -
Maddy, Jared, Kelsey... Cassandra, Nikki and Raul. That's a really nice draw for Kelsey.
Except for the fact that she plans to use the veto on Jared if she wins. She's also telling Raul to use the veto on Jared if he wins.

Fun fact... Maddy believes the capital of British Columbia is Vancouver.
(She used to live in Victoria. Girl be dumb.)

POV WINNER -
___Jared___ (he's not going anywhere)

UberTag

Maddy will go down as one of the worst players ever. So emotional, so young, so dumb.
There are a LOT of "worst players ever" candidates from this season.
And that seems entirely by design and was intended from when this season was first cast.

UberTag

POV CEREMONY RESULTS

Jared used the veto on himself and Raul was put up by Maddy in his place.
I'm having a serious case of deja vu here.

The Third Wheel will be split from a trio down to a duo... again... this Thursday.
How exciting! (Different outcome without Mitch around, though. Seems likely that Raul is getting evicted as Kelsey is more of a distraction for Jared.)

Initial vibe for next week seems like the Brothers (I'll believe it when I see it) and Maddy are the most likely targets.

NYR

POV CEREMONY RESULTS

Jared used the veto on himself and Raul was put up by Maddy in his place.
I'm having a serious case of deja vu here.

The Third Wheel will be split from a trio down to a duo... again... this Thursday.
How exciting! (Different outcome without Mitch around, though. Seems likely that Raul is getting evicted as Kelsey is more of a distraction for Jared.)

Initial vibe for next week seems like the Brothers (I'll believe it when I see it) and Maddy are the most likely targets.
How boring.

UberTag

How boring.
cassandra-tim-cousins.gif

So Canada votes for who is HOH, and the top 2 vote getters compete in a game of chance to see which one is HOH. I'm not rooting for any of these people, so I voted for Nikki so she can melt down about it (though she's likely to nominate 2 girls lol)

UberTag

So Canada votes for who is HOH, and the top 2 vote getters compete in a game of chance to see which one is HOH. I'm not rooting for any of these people, so I voted for Nikki so she can melt down about it (though she's likely to nominate 2 girls lol)
I'm actually past the point of caring... so if they thought before the season began that this would be a compelling twist to roll out for Week 8, they were mistaken. Incidentally, I think Raul has made a worthy case for consideration as one of the worst Big Brother players of all-time. He certainly has to be in the discussion... and considering this season's poor crop of players that's really saying something.

Parch

I really had no idea who Canada would vote for. I don't see anybody there who would be considered popular.

Castings in previous seasons found a lot of super fans and smart players who applied a lot of strategy. Most of this season still there are just winging it and several haven't even watched the 3 previous seasons. Bunch of dummies without a plan.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I really had no idea who Canada would vote for. I don't see anybody there who would be considered popular.

Castings in previous seasons found a lot of super fans and smart players who applied a lot of strategy. Most of this season still there are just winging it and several haven't even watched the 3 previous seasons. Bunch of dummies without a plan.

It says something when the best player is a guy from another country who didn't even know how to play the North American game.

Remember that time he was hoh, and managed to get every one of these dummies to reveal their their allies and plans to him while never getting any blood on his hands?

Parch

Bye bye Raul. Terrible player. The people he's rallying to save him he insults by calling them floaters. Just the worst social game possible by bringing that bitch attitude.

Cassandra makes me roll eyes. I didn't like her day 1 when they said she never cleans or cooks and pays her little sister to clean her room. Entitled princess. Now in the house she gets Tim to cook for her.
Raul was the obvious replacement nom, but Cassandra acts like she masterminded the whole thing. She thinks she's the crafty queen of the house and not actually a delusional entitled.

UberTag

NOMINATION SPOILERS -
Seems like the Brothers plan to nominate Jared and Kelsey tomorrow.
REVISED NOMINATION SPOILERS -
The DR and the rest of the house got to the Brothers overnight deluding them into thinking they'll be safe and won't be targeted if they do their bidding and nominate Maddy and Ramsey. This, of course, is a bald-faced lie because we know it's likely that the Brothers would be getting nominated and get sent out the door (likely via back door) had they failed to win HOH this week.

So now Maddy and Ramsey are going up on the block and Maddy will be evicted unless one of them manage to win the power of veto comp.

Yado

I don't understand the obsession with carrying Jared to the end. He's not even an especially nice or charming person.

UberTag

Tim seemed to really push this silly "volunteer to go up on the block as a pawn" angle pretty hardcore before the feeds went out.

Nick and Phil are so dumb X__X
The real problem is that Phil is incredibly gullible... and yet insistent on making all of the game decisions on behalf of both him and his brother.

UberTag

For the first time in a long time, BBCAN 4 has gotten somewhat interesting. (Still not interesting enough to get me to turn on the live feeds again... but interesting.)

POV WINNER -
___Ramsey___

So, apparently, tragedy struck someone in Ramsey's family and he was informed about it before the competition on Saturday and he has been excused to leave the house as a result. Presumably, if he finds out that he is unable to return to the game because of this tragic incident, he may well use the veto on Maddy before he ejects himself from the game for personal reasons. This would either preemptively end the HOH reign of the brothers (as precedent would dictate as one of their nominees is no longer in the game) or Canada could change things up and force them to nominate two MORE people.

Tim, being one of the only semi-competent game players this season (albeit one plagued by boredom thanks to the ineptitude of this cast), may easily find himself in the crosshairs of the Brothers... and not as a pawn... either as one of these two replacement nominees or as the defacto replacement nom should Ramsey pull himself off the block. After all, he decided it would be a good idea to actively volunteer for the pawn role this week in response to not getting made one of the potential HOH candidates by Canada on Thursday night.

It's still probable that Ramsey is allowed to leave and come back, Tim goes up as a pawn and Maddy is evicted on Thursday by a vote of 5 to 1... and given how this season has progressed thus far that's still the most likely outcome. But there are enough variables in play to make things interesting.

UberTag

SUNDAY UPDATE - The live feeds have been blocked all day as a result of
___Ramsey's___
absence from the house.
Whether this means he is just gone for the day or that they've already jumped ahead and kicked off another week of Big Brother with Ramsey out of the equation remains to be seen. Tonight's episode edit may prove telling provided the feeds remain blocked until it airs.

UberTag

Yep, Ramsey is gone but Big Brother Canada has decides to forego adhering to established precedent and protocol for this "gifted HOH reign" for the Brothers and is proceeding ahead with the POV ceremony this afternoon despite the voluntary departure of the POV holder (who competed knowing full well that he was departing the house I might add - Ramsey wanted to be able to use the veto on Maddy if he was forced from the game - she finished 2nd in the competition).

The Brothers plan to put Tim on the block as a replacement nominee and their target (as well as Jared's) has shifted over to him as the larger threat over a solitary Maddy.

Jared and Kelsey only directly control two eviction votes so they'll need to win over a third between Joel (possible), Nikki (unlikely) and Cassandra (not a chance).

Frankly, I hope Tim gets evicted on Thursday. It's the outcome this farce of a season deserves. That said, Maddy leaving by unanimous vote is still the most likely outcome.

Parch

Frustrating show to watch. Dingus brothers are so easily manipulated. For a second there I thought they were going to logically think it out, but nope, their dummy factor is too overwhelming.

MBison

Wow fuck this episode.

Ramsey should have been able to use the veto on Maddy then self evict forcing them to put up two new people or just count it as him being voted out.

Instead Maddie is deader than a door nail. Maybe I'm the only one who likes her and I'm swayed a bit by dat ass but still irritating situation.

Bah. Super bah.

Rooting for Cassandra or Tim as only good gamers.

Or Nikki for the winner this season deserves.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't really been paying attention, catching episodes here and there and watched last night. Major laughs at the brothers talking about the big move they made going after a big player in this house...

...in fucking Maddy.

The question I have. Do you even see any potential returnees from this season? They're all stupid as hell and barely even entertaining. Tim and Nikki are the only funny ones, and they're not even Canadian.

Season 3 wasn't great strategically from what I remember but had some great characters.

UberTag

Potential Canadian returnees from this season?

I could see Ramsey because of how he left (family tragedy; not being evicted).
I could see Cassandra because of her gameplay.

They were rivals in this season, too. Which would help both of their cases.

Have a hard time seeing anyone else making a return in a future season.

Of course, that's the gamer in me thinking. BBCAN Production would probably consider it awesome to have Jared-Kelsey-Emmett-Jillian all in a house together.

Yado

I think Mitch could come back because of his social media presence. I found him to be boring af in the house but people seem to love him.

Parch

That was a weak episode. For drama's sake they tried to sell that Tim had a chance to be evicted, but as if. I doubt anybody bought that scenario.

UberTag

NOMINATION SPOILERS -
Not Jared... Never Jared... Jared Must Always Be Safe

Nikki and The Brothers

Actually, I think these were the best possible noms for Cass given the circumstances. I do think she needs to consider backdooring Jared regardless of whether Phil wins the veto comp or not.

UberTag

POV WINNER -
___Phillip___

This was a punishment veto comp. If Jared somehow survives this week, well...

Incidentally, the brothers forfeited their right to play in veto competitions the rest of the season to win this one. And there's a double eviction on Thursday.

UberTag

Cass better nominate Jared.
She did... and he's as good as gone on Thursday as of right now.
The story for this week is that Jared chose to not shave his head and gave the Power of Veto to the brothers and as a result he's going home for it.
Nikki has Joel, Tim and Cass (tiebreaker) on lock. Nothing will change that.
Jared has responded, as expected, in his petulant spoiled fashion telling Cass that their hometown in Manitoba will all be disappointed and ashamed of her for evicting him from the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom