• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother Canada Season 4 |OT| - Double Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

82dbc9_bffc97d7a50048d99a5756abea292127.png

The season finale airs live on Global TOMORROW NIGHT at 7:00pm Eastern / 6:00pm Central.

Date the houseguests entered the house = Friday, February 26th {Day 1}
Current Day in the BB Game = Day 76

Official Website
Big Brother Canada 4 on WikiPedia
RobHasaWebsite Big Brother Canada 4 Coverage w/ Jordan Parhar
Ongoing Big Brother Canada 4 Feed Summaries @ OnlineBigBrother.com
Big Brother Canada on Twitter
Big Brother Canada 4 Quotes & Spoilers on Twitter
Hamsterwatch on Twitter

BBCAN Discussion Forums to follow developments, discussion, speculation and spoilers away from the GAF OT...
- Reddit
- Survivor Sucks
- Joker's Updates

Pick your favorite houseguest to root for...

THE FINAL THREE (OR FOUR)
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0018_Brothers.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0011_KF.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0017_WC1_TD.png

Kelsey Faith - This free-spirited sweetheart is looking to make new friends, and wants to win without getting any blood on her hands.
Nicholas and Philippe Paquette - The outspoken brothers from Ottawa will play as one houseguest, and these charmers plan to do whatever it takes to win.
Tim Dormer - Unique and energetic, Tim's greatest challenge will be keeping himself out of mischief and off the chopping block.

THE JURY
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0013_CS.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0005_JK.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0004_JL.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0003_MP.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0010_MM.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0015_WC3_NG.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0000_RM.png

Cassandra Shahinfar - This sassy attention seeker is ready to make the other houseguests do her dirty work - both in the game and in the house.
Jared Kesler - This polite pipeline worker is a brawny sweetheart who will charm the pants off all of the houseguests.
Joel Lefevre - His likable disposition and nerdy attitude will let him fly under the radar until he needs to shift into gear to take the win.
Maddy Pavle - Strong and confidant is how she’ll play the game. She’s fun, she’s witty, and she is not afraid to get dirty.
Mitchell Moffitt - A self-proclaimed ringleader, this successful YouTube personality and scientist will use his social prowess to be a master social strategist.
Nikki Grahame - Adventurous, brave, and loyal, Nikki doesn’t play Big Brother with any sort of strategy in mind, and just enjoys the experience and people while she’s in the house.
Raul Manriquez - Funny and social, Raul is here for the experience. He plans to avoid strategizing and just wants to go with the flow.
PLUS The Final Evicted Houseguest AND Canada's Vote

Click here to vote for who you feel is deserving (or perhaps vote against whom you feel is least deserving) of the Big Brother Canada 4 winner's title!

UberTag

My initial take on this cast is that a guy is winning this season. Not only
is there more of them
but the girls are extremely spread out in ages from the extremely young and inexperienced to the far too old to integrate effectively. And I get the sense that the early-to-mid 20s girls won't be able to co-exist.

My initial pick to win Big Brother Canada 4 is the guy who looks like Kevin Owens.
My initial pick to be the first boot (likely going home tomorrow night) is the girl who looks like Vickie Guerrero (same age as Vickie, too).

Savitar

I expect good things, Big Brother Canada is usually better than the American one. But what was the wait for a new season?

CDX

What channel? Global?

From here in the US, my antenna can usually only pick up Global in the summer for some reason.

UberTag

Nikki Graham better get in. The trainwreck will be glorious.
They put her up against a throwaway player who couldn't even survive one eviction vote in her season. I'd say it's a foregone conclusion Nikki is entering the house tomorrow night.

The Jase vs. Tim competition is clearly more of a contest. I'd like to see Tim make the cut being a past winner and Jase being a poor player but I honestly can't predict how that vote will swing.

UberTag

Younger brother played that way better than the older one lol.

That's a shitty twist for them.
The one plus side they have going for them is that there's no inherent advantage for the rest of the house to target them over anyone else... because they're playing for a shared prize, will only have one eviction/jury vote and only one of them can participate in comps per week. They can't even strategize those to their skillsets as they're on a pre-determined rotation.

THAT said... I would still probably target them ASAP because it's Big Brother Canada. Just because those are the rules now DOESN'T mean that's how the rules will stay. Removing even the possibility of both of them entering the game as individuals and the fact that they can share information by literally being in two places at once in a house that has few spots to hide and chat to begin with is huge.

NYR

Twists

Twists Everywhere

logo.png

:( Already hate this season with two season long twists (brothers, import).

NYR

They put her up against a throwaway player who couldn't even survive one eviction vote in her season. I'd say it's a foregone conclusion Nikki is entering the house tomorrow night.

The Jase vs. Tim competition is clearly more of a contest. I'd like to see Tim make the cut being a past winner and Jase being a poor player but I honestly can't predict how that vote will swing.

Jace is a known entity for Canadian fans - all of us are fans of the US show, I don't even know who this other guy is. It will be Jace.

UberTag

Why did the op spoil episode one?

Jase looks like he's turning into Mickey Rourke
I'll be updating the OP as episodes air.
Spoiler rules will still apply as far as feeds are concerned so apply proper etiquette there.
We'll undoubtedly have a sea of spoiler bars in this thread as we have in past seasons.

MBison

I'll be updating the OP as episodes air.
Spoiler rules will still apply as far as feeds are concerned so apply proper etiquette there.
We'll undoubtedly have a sea of spoiler bars in this thread as we have in past seasons.

Ok I'll just avoid the top post then. I usually can't watch until, ahem, it's available.

UberTag

EPISODE 2 TAPING SPOILERS - 1st EVICTION / WILD CARD FAN VOTE RESULTS

Like a typical female HOH on BB Canada, Loveita nominated two girls... Paige and Kelsey. Nick played in the POV competition (possible backdoor attempt derailed by both the hat draw and Production favor for the brothers) and won veto electing not to use it.

The youngest Big Brother player in history, a diehard fan since she was 10, Paige was then evicted from the Big Brother house by a vote of 7-4.

Voted to Evict Paige - Cassandra, Christine, Jared, Joel, Mitchell, Nicholas, Raul
Voted to Evict Kelsey - Dallas, Maddy, Ramsey and Sharry

The popular vote winners for the first BB Canada Wild Card twist were Nikki (no surprise) and Tim. We'll catch the fallout of their first night in the house when the live feeds kick off later tonight. Like Allison when she entered the house in Season 2 before being voted in, they each have immunity from being evicted next week.

UberTag

Seems like a really bad idea to let people know you're targeting someone on week one but ok
Yeah, it's disastrously poor play on Loveita's part.
The complete opposite of how you should play a Week 1 HOH.
You want to go after house targets. Not OWN the target you're gunning for right out of the gates with very little basis to make that decision.

Yado

Yeah, it's disastrously poor play on Loveita's part.
The complete opposite of how you should play a Week 1 HOH.
You want to go after house targets. Not OWN the target you're gunning for right out of the gates with very little basis to make that decision.

Then she tells her to her face lmao

UberTag

WEEK 2 HOH SPOILER

Your new HOH for the first full week of live feeds is the runner-up from the last HOH competition.

None other than Emmett Jared.

Bad news for Maddy and Loveita. (And Sharry, by extension.)

Holmes

I'm so in for this season. BB Canada is always great. Loving Mitch (I watch his channel!) and Raul. Came in loving Loveita and Sharry but their horrible HOH run and first night on the feeds has soured me on them. Love Christine and I like Cassandra more than I thought I would. And most of all, I love Nikki!

CDX

Feeds saying they're not available in my location, anyone else tried watching them yet?
Are you using a VPN or DNS service? I got a "This event is not available in your location" message. I kept my VPN on, then cleared my cookies and cache, and just tried again and it worked.

When I was not using a VPN I got a different "geo blocked" message.

Holmes

Are you using a VPN or DNS service? I got a "This event is not available in your location" message. I kept my VPN on, then cleared my cookies and cache, and just tried again and it worked.

I think if you refresh a few times it should work. Or so I've heard. I'm getting a VPN tomorrow to join in the fun. I don't live in Canada anymore. :(

Parch

The Aussie and the Brit are good choices. They'll add some chaos. I doubt they're going to last long though.

HOH playing too hard too early by verbally targeting Kelsey. It'll cost her because Kelsey already has a good chunk of the house as it starts to divide. But it has to be pretty obvious that a power couple can't be allowed to run the house again, right?

I was trying to remember if a teenager has ever had a big impact in any BB and gone far. Most of the time they're pretty clueless so why even cast them? Paige gone is a good choice. One contestant over 40 is again ridiculous, but Big Brother being a 20-something show is now the norm.

UberTag

LIVE FEED OBSERVATIONS

- Expected nominations tomorrow...
Loveita and Sharry. No surprises there but I actually suspect that Sharry will emerge as the preferred house target to keep the polarizing confrontation between Kelsey and Loveita in play as a distraction. Depends on whether the showmance couple force the vote one direction or the other (they currently want Loveita gone) or are fine with either girl going. Likely replacement nominees post-POV win would be Ramsey or Maddy.

- Raul is entrenched as the pet of the power couple. May have side alliances we're not yet exposed to.
- The girls are going to continue to decimate one another over the next several weeks; the only guys in immediate risk are Jared (showmance), Ramsey (due to aligning with the losing side of the house against Paige) and Dallas (for lying about his vote and mortgaging his game capital for no reason).
- Cassandra is playing an Andy Herren game.
- Nick is clearly in the driver's seat of the undercover brothers; Phil is simply another set of eyes and ears for Nick.
- Not expecting smooth sailing for the Jared-Kelsey showmance long-term; they'll be prime targets for a Canada's HOH, Jared won't stop winning comps and Kelsey won't be able to win the comps he's unable to play for as Jillian did for Emmitt.
- Mitchell is in the best position in the house.
- Nikki is as hilarious as advertised. Don't see her sticking around long, though.

The Aussie and the Brit are good choices. They'll add some chaos. I doubt they're going to last long though.

I haven't watch BBCanada yet but as someone who has watched UK and AUS seasons I actually expect Tim to go REALLY far.

Nikki will just be entertaining with little gameplay.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Nope, even got the same message on my phone.

Tried different computers too, and I still get the same thing. Managed to get an advertisement once, but as soon as it was finished I got the same message.

UberTag

Haven't watched BB since Canada Season 1. I stopped cause everything felt too repetitive.

Should I jump back in?
Depends on what you found repetitive that turned you off in the first place. I mean, if you're not crazy about forced showmances and scripted DR sessions, this isn't going to flip your lid or anything.

Personally, I think the BB show is trash and always has been... but the live feeds are reality TV at its rawest form and almost always captivating. And this cast has been pretty damn entertaining after 16 hours or so of live feeds. Highly recommend scoping those out if you want to dip your toes back in the Big Brother pool... you'll find a handy link in the OP.

UberTag

NOMINATION SPOILERS -
___Loveita___ and ___Sharry___
(no surprises here)

HAVE NOTS FOR THE WEEK -
Loveita, Sharry, Joel and Cassandra

Live feeds have been pretty unwatchable today thanks to pervasive feed cuts... and I'm not just talking about during the Have-Have Not comp and nomination ceremonies. They simply keep going down for inexplicable reasons.

Thankfully this wasn't the case on Night 1 so I'm not too concerned... yet. But if this keeps up long-term there's going to be a fan outcry.
People watch Big Brother for the feeds. They don't watch Big Brother for the terrible TV show built around manufactured storylines generated from the footage we get on the feeds.

There is one gameplay-related note I will pass along, though...

The angle that Sharry is hoping to work is that is either she, Loveita or Ramsey win POV, they'll use it on Loveita to get a floater nominated in her place and they'll propose that they merge with The Third Wheel to form a 6-person house alliance. Whereas Jared would rather keep his core trio and pull in Cassandra and Mitchell. Mitchell was working the angle to boot Sharry over Loveita if they're both on the block post-POV hard last night... which makes sense because he rightly perceives her to be a bigger threat over Love.

06us44z9

POV PARTICIPANTS

HOH: Jared
Nominees: Loveita & Sharry
Drawn from the Bag: Christine, Mitch & Phil

UberTag

Ew wtf Joel

Loveita getting the Paul treatment this year.
To be fair she deserves it. Even Paul lasted an extra week beyond his terrible HOH reign so they could take out Kyle and his eviction was actually a fairly close vote.

That said, there's a chance she could stick around as well so long as neither of the girls win veto as quite a number of people in the house rightfully consider Love to be useless and Sharry the bigger threat. Especially seeing how it's likely that the girl who survives the week won't be targeted next. The threat that scares most of the house is having them in as a tandem. Sharry could do a lot of damage with an extra 2-3 weeks to work with.

Happy everyone in my BB Pool is doing alright. ^_^

Mitch throws it I bet, so I hope he doesn't make it obvious.
Mitch and Christine are throwing. Phil may throw... he really doesn't have the incentive to win and, unlike Nick who won last week, Phil is a little more BB savvy. Tonight's POV is likely going to be Jared against the girls. Although I wouldn't rule out Phil winning to then not use it as his brother did last week. But I'm sure he'd rather reduce their target instead of racking up multiple POV wins without cause.

Parch

I haven't watch BBCanada yet but as someone who has watched UK and AUS seasons I actually expect Tim to go REALLY far.
I'm just assuming the two foreign players are at a disadvantage. Early in a season the house is looking for excuses to nominate people and those two being outsiders would make them an obvious and safe target. It's not like these 2 are entering the house under the same circumstances as everybody else.

I hope they can add some fun and be popular. I've had some beers with Australians and made some good friendships, even though it's highly unlikely I'll ever see them again. I always thought Canadians and Australians have a lot in common.

Perhaps the feed watchers can give some insight on how the two are fitting in.

UberTag

Perhaps the feed watchers can give some insight on how the two are fitting in.
Tim had an exceptional first 24 hours getting intel from everyone and being very fun and approachable. He's got a fundamentally sound social game. There was some resentment from Dallas due to no longer being the life of the party and the center of attention with the WildCards in the house so he was a little cranky and actively isolating himself - but otherwise Tim has done a great job of fitting in and picking up the nuances of the Canadian game. His biggest liability is his over-enthusiasm... it's endearing but it also may hinder his ability to be tactful.

His primary ally is Cassandra. They've hit it off quick and seem to enjoy teasing one another. As she's the Andy Herren of the house and has an in with the Third Wheel, she's a good ally for him to have. I consider Cassandra-Christine-Tim to be their own trio in the game right now.

Nikki has been Nikki. She's been exceptionally melodramatic and had a meltdown last night where she was threatening to quit the game. She pulled the same shenanigans during Big Brother UK every so often. She's extremely bipolar, seemingly drunk all the time despite being sober and is hilarious in the way she finds Canada so fascinating. Her accent is extremely endearing but she's not in any way considered to be a gameplay asset and will likely only be kept around for entertainment purposes. Joel seems to have a crush on her which clearly creeps her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom