• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother Canada Season 5 |OT| - Newbs vs. Vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parch

That was an interesting triple. Kevin was toast if he didn't win POV. At this point comp wins are critical. Interesting how quick he was willing to dump William and keep Dillon. Boy toy was used to save him and probably has his jury vote locked up, so mission accomplished for Kevin.

I lost respect for Dre this week. Her expecting Demetre to fall on the sword to save his queen was ridiculous. He should be a gentleman and do the right thing? Seriously, Dre? Do you really believe that? He did the right thing. Your nuts if you think there was any chance he wouldn't save himself.

Demetre is comp beast so they need to get rid of him at first opportunity. He's even winning the smart comps. Demetre is capable of winning it out but I doubt he'd get the votes to win unless he's up there with Karen.

Imagine how different this season would have been if Demetre was voted out in week one.

UberTag

Kevin won the power of veto.

Because he's concerned about Ika throwing herself on the sword to spare her comp beast knight, he plans to pull Ika off the block and replace her with Dillon.
He believes this will ensure Dem's eviction (via tiebreaker) because Karen will not vote to evict Dillon to keep the showmance intact.

This week will determine whether Karen is a Production plant willing to throw her entire game away for the house showmance solely to spite her hated Kevin Martin. Or whether she'll follow in the footsteps of Shelly Moore by convincing the house showmance she is playing for them to win only to evict the biggest threat to win the game and open things up heading into the final week.

NYR

Kevin is a guaranteed nom next week. He should be trying to work with Karen and Dillon, not make moves to spite them both, Ika is a horrible ally and will simply be the other nom. If Dillon wins HOH, Karen will vote out Kev 100%.

UberTag

Holy shit

Kevin used the Power of Veto on Ika. Kevin nominated Dillon as the replacement nominee
You didn't believe what I posted two days ago, did you?
Lots of conspiracy theorists crowing about how Production got to the rest of the houseguests so that they're gifting the game to Demika instead of actually trying to win it for themselves.
I suppose we'll have that belief reaffirmed on Thursday when Dillon gets voted out.

This season has been one non-stop barrage of players making questionable decisions and acting against their game interests. It hasn't been fun to watch in that respect.

NYR

Holy shit

Kevin used the Power of Veto on Ika. Kevin nominated Dillon as the replacement nominee
What an idiot. He gets the tying vote and will save
Demetres
. Unless he is playing the odds and thinks
Ika
can't win a comp whereas
Dillon
can making it him versus
Karen and Ika
. Huh. I just talked myself into thinking this is a good move....IF he votes out
Demetres

UberTag

What an idiot. He gets the tying vote and will save
Demetres
. Unless he is playing the odds and thinks
Ika
can't win a comp whereas
Dillon
can making it him versus
Karen and Ika
. Huh. I just talked myself into thinking this is a good move....IF he votes out
Demetres
He won't even get the opportunity to cast a tiebreaker vote.
He BELIEVES he will which is why he's making this move. But he won't.
It'll be a 2-0 vote to evict Dillon.

NYR

He won't even get the opportunity to cast a tiebreaker vote.
He BELIEVES he will which is why he's making this move. But he won't.
It'll be a 2-0 vote to evict Dillon.
Wow. Karen is dumb for voting out her only ally against the top competitor.

parasight

I guess he put up Dillon so no matter what, one of the guys is gone. But wouldn't it have made way more sense to put up Karen, because Dillon seems way more likely to save her for the tiebreak to happen. Putting the power in Karen's hands, the one person who has hated you all season, seems like such a bad move - regardless of whether he thinks it's logical for her to save Dillon.

NYR

Very true. Putting power in karen's hands when she has such a hate on for him, what a moron.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Karen knows she is beaten, she can't win against anyone in F2, so she's going to ensure Kevin Robert Martin doesn't win the game.

Parch

I stopped watching the feeds. I can't stomach Demika anymore. Even Karen's hate on for Kevin is old and tired. I do think she has a pretty good chance at 2nd place money. Even crazy floaters succeed at this game.

Wrap it up. This season is stale like day old slop.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
It did not matter who went home this week for Kevin. He knows they all want him out so he is on the block no matter what.

All that matters is the veto next week. You may argue that he should not have used the veto to save Ika but there was no guarantee Dillon and Karen would not save Demetres. Because of what he did he 100% guarantees a strong male competitor goes home, and the two weakest remain.

All that increases his odds in the next veto.

Plus, now he has better odds of getting Dillon's vote over Karen cause Karen just screwed Dilon

NYR

It did not matter who went home this week for Kevin. He knows they all want him out so he is on the block no matter what.

All that matters is the veto next week. You may argue that he should not have used the veto to save Ika but there was no guarantee Dillon and Karen would not save Demetres. Because of what he did he 100% guarantees a strong male competitor goes home, and the two weakest remain.

All that increases his odds in the next veto.

Plus, now he has better odds of getting Dillon's vote over Karen cause Karen just screwed Dilon
Ika and Demetres have played winning games. Dillon hasn't, he only beats Karen. This was a boneheaded move by him - he should have just taken out Ika and someone who could have won the game against him.

LOL at calling Dillon a strong competitor, his dumb beer belly ass wasn't going to win anything. And as far as Kevin winning Dillon's vote, dude just said he hopes ANYONE BUT KEVIN wins. Veto was always going to come down to Demetres vs Kevin, everyone else is a non factor competition wise. Though I would love some random bullshit comp that gives Karen a win, and concludes her Kevin hating storyline by booting him. :p

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Ika and Demetres have played winning games. Dillon hasn't, he only beats Karen. This was a boneheaded move by him - he should have just taken out Ika and someone who could have won the game against him.

Ika has played a well shielded game. If not for Demetres, she would have been gone forever ago. Although so would Kevin probably. Anyway my point was Kevin seems to only be concerned with getting to the end first. Not exactly a great strategy cause he still has to WIN...

I wonder if Karen would turn the entire jury against him with her massive hate levels.

Can anyone tell me where all the hate comes from btw?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
The final two that would be the most entertaining will never happen... guess we're stuck with someone and Karen ;P

UberTag

Incidentally, I believe Kevin needs to win out in the final HOH comp as Karen is only playing for second and there's not a chance in hell Demetres takes him to the jury vote with the vets holding the majority (Ika-William cancel each other out).

Demetres wins BBCAN5 unless Kevin pulls out that final HOH win.

I also don't believe it's necessarily a slam dunk Kevin beats Karen in a jury vote. I mean, it's the most likely outcome but Karen will come out guns ablazing with the jury questions if she's up against him. I'd put the odds at like 90:10 Kevin wins that showdown but I wouldn't rule out her swaying a number of votes to her side.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I also don't believe it's necessarily a slam dunk Kevin beats Karen in a jury vote. I mean, it's the most likely outcome but Karen will come out guns ablazing with the jury questions if she's up against him. I'd put the odds at like 90:10 Kevin wins that showdown but I wouldn't rule out her swaying a number of votes to her side.
Can you imagine if Ika swung the jury to vote Karen? God that would suck.

I will never try to predict jury votes on this show again after the Brothers last year. The jury HATED them and gave them zero respect, and yet they won by a landslide because their opponent was so distasteful(and showmancing someone distasteful). Karen is liked well enough, but I don't think Kevin is really disliked by anyone other than Karen. Maaaaaaybe Dre lol. But these people, who knows. I think Neda will be strongarming them to pick "the best winner to represent our season" and that ain't Karen to these people I think. But I'm not really invested enough to care.

Parch

I think Neda will be strongarming them to pick "the best winner to represent our season" and that ain't Karen
Yeah. No matter how much a player is disliked, they'll pick the best winner. Karen played for 2nd. No level of bitter jury is going to change that.

We criticized Kevin for bad play and making mistakes, and he did, but he's still in there and in a position to win. He's earned it. Winning comps is the best way to dodge bullets and Kevin can win comps.

There wasn't an audience for either. Someone just likes ruining everything for everyone...

Didn't ruin it for me. I wanted to know, so I looked. I don't want to know what happens on Survivor, so I didn't look. It's my choice to spoil myself, it's only "ruined" for you if you don't have the willpower not to seek out the info and/or look under spoiler bars.

Incidentally, the winner of HOH part 3 is
.....Kevin............
and that individual evicted
Demetres..

UberTag

Congratulations to Kevin on winning Big Brother Canada 5.
Shame I stopped watching about a month ago but hey, that's the way these shows work out sometimes.

NYR

BBCAN5: Meh

Worst season after last season, really tough to watch and stick in. Really shocked Reddit loved this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom