• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother Canada Season 5 |OT| - Newbs vs. Vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I would be entirely on board with this if POV got to choose the replacement nominee, at least then those not in the 6 would have a chance

NYR

This season is hot garbage. I am really getting sick of the show, the immunity twist was a pure popularity contest that soured any chance of a game since there is no way Neda would have gone untouched.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of last season, but it was must see tv compared to this. It's pretty telling that my partner, who's a much bigger Big Brother fan than me, fell asleep during the halfway point of an episode last week, and when he woke up he just deleted it, saying in a deadpan voice "I've seen enough".

Tregard

Soothsayer
I'm still getting a lot of enjoyment from some of the newbies (Karen especially), but the Vets just immediately clumping together with no foreseeable fragmentation is super uninteresting.

The whole backwards week could have been handled better, but the way they did it was pretty much an automatic HoH win for everyone in the majority alliance. Real great twist.

The whole backwards week could have been handled better, but the way they did it was pretty much an automatic HoH win for everyone in the majority alliance. Real great twist.
The only way it could be saved is if it plays out the same way the HN comp did. The two nominees are safe, and the HoH chooses to evict anyone aside from the noms.

NYR

Its almost as if they think people don't talk about noms and who they are going to put up the following week. They act as if there is no plan until after someone wins hoh. So dumb.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Wouldn't be surprised if a " surprise " twist (especially if it's in Gary's favour cuz production loves him) is that the person who ends up getting "evicted" will actually be next weeks HOH.

Cuz ya know, if it's all backwards, they'll just have to go "forwards" from that point in time.

NYR

If Gary gets saved by a twist, I'm done. This season is garbage but it will only get worse if they mess up the game that way.

So apparently Dillon and Emily stuck candy down their pants and rubbed it on their privates, and then fed it to Demetres. And then laughed about it to Jackie. Who was called into the DR where she spilled the whole story. WTF, if someone did that in a restaurant they'd be arrested. Boot them outta there!

NYR

So apparently Dillon and Emily stuck candy down their pants and rubbed it on their privates, and then fed it to Demetres. And then laughed about it to Jackie. Who was called into the DR where she spilled the whole story. WTF, if someone did that in a restaurant they'd be arrested. Boot them outta there!
Worse things have happened in this house. Such as Neda getting a free pass, that makes me want to vomit more than this.

I'm glad Jon Pardy cheated on her.

But seriously, what an insufferably smug bitch she has become. Jon tweeted that what we're seeing is an emotionless GAMER in Neda, and I think that's bullshit. She's being catty and petty like someone half her age, and her facial expressions sure aren't emotionless, nor are her gossipy rants about why person x sucks because xyz.

Edit: and the ratings are tanking, the lowest they've ever been, under a million viewers now. Good, they deserve every failure coming to them.

UberTag

I'm glad Jon Pardy cheated on her.

But seriously, what an insufferably smug bitch she has become. Jon tweeted that what we're seeing is an emotionless GAMER in Neda, and I think that's bullshit. She's being catty and petty like someone half her age, and her facial expressions sure aren't emotionless, nor are her gossipy rants about why person x sucks because xyz.

Edit: and the ratings are tanking, the lowest they've ever been, under a million viewers now. Good, they deserve every failure coming to them.
Neda's been playing a personal and vindictive game that is setting herself up for failure in a house where everyone will want her head as soon as her immunity is up.
That's the precise opposite of playing an emotionless GAMER game.

Holmes

Neda sucks but I don't want to read shit like "she deserved to be cheated on". No one does. I know she's really hard on herself and blames herself 100% for it and it's probably affected her emotionally. That being said I'm happy she heard the cheering when she was eliminated from the HOH comp.

Neda sucks but I don't want to read shit like "she deserved to be cheated on". No one does. I know she's really hard on herself and blames herself 100% for it and it's probably affected her emotionally. That being said I'm happy she heard the cheering when she was eliminated from the HOH comp.

I didn't say she deserved it, I said I was glad. Then I said but seriously and continued my point. Because I wasn't serious. I've been cheated on too, doesn't give me the right to treat everyone around me like garbage.

NYR

Anyone else notice how this episode has had ZERO Neda content in the first 30 minutes so far? She is getting the stealth edit now, they know Canada hates her now, I bet they are not showing her to protect her.

UberTag

Anyone else notice how this episode has had ZERO Neda content in the first 30 minutes so far? She is getting the stealth edit now, they know Canada hates her now, I bet they are not showing her to protect her.
That's a reasonable assertion.

Not much has changed with the outcome this week. Emily is expected to be tossed to the wolves in a unanimous vote on Thursday and the focus has now shifted to split up this season's other prolific showmance. Both Ika and Demetres will be the principal targets for the majority alliance in this week's upcoming double eviction. This is more than deserved given Ika's unending "ride the middle / instigating" bullshit gameplay that she's persisted with over the past month which culminated with this week's push to backdoor Bruno only to throw everyone under the bus once they got on board with it.

Tregard

Soothsayer
That's a reasonable assertion.

Not much has changed with the outcome this week. Emily is expected to be tossed to the wolves in a unanimous vote on Thursday and the focus has now shifted to split up this season's other prolific showmance. Both Ika and Demetres will be the principal targets for the majority alliance in this week's upcoming double eviction. This is more than deserved given Ika's unending "ride the middle / instigating" bullshit gameplay that she's persisted with over the past month which culminated with this week's push to backdoor Bruno only to throw everyone under the bus once they got on board with it.

Ika has been really pissing me off in the fact she had the power and knew she had the power the last three weeks to flip the house, giving the game a much needed shot in the arm, and has gone back on it all three times to the detriment of her own game and the show itself. On top of that, she has played it up like she's been helpless on Gary's eviction specifically.

Parch

That was a good episode. No Neda, stallion Kevin, and crazy Karen.

Karen has no chance to win but I'm glad she's going to stick around for awhile. She's hilarious and doesn't seem like anybody's target right now. Bigger fish to fry from both sides.

The vets talk game all the time. Noobs only talk strategy when in power. Ika spends 99% of the time in front of a mirror. Sindy and Jackie are really starting to drive me nuts. Good thing the feeds have a choice.

NYR

Oh look, Neda getting another ghost edit. Protect her BBCAN! We'll forget about her being a mean girl!

UberTag

Who thought doing a half vets, half newbie season was a good idea. This is boring as fuck.
It has never been a good idea any time a show has attempted it. The closest thing to a successful reality TV season with partial vet/newbie mix was Big Brother 14.
That season at least had a substantial newbie numbers advantage supplemented with some great casting.

UberTag

C9U6ayiXUAAZCkS.jpg

DOUBLE EVICTION NIGHT SPOILERS

Emily was evicted by a vote of 8-1 (Dre cast her eviction vote against Dillon)
Sindy won HOH in a tiebreaker against Kevin
Sindy nominated Dillon and Jackie for eviction despite Neda's urging to put up fellow "The Six" alliance members Ika and Demetres
Jackie won the Power of Veto
Sindy put Neda up as a replacement nominee
Neda was evicted by a vote of 7-1 (Jackie cast her eviction vote against Dillon)

The festivities kick off at the top of the hour on Global.
And there's apparently going to be a streamed endurance HOH competition on the live feeds later tonight. Canada doesn't get treated to these that often.

UberTag

Neda getting evicted 30 minutes after her immunity is up? Iconic.
Her gameplay this entire season was atrocious. She should have been using the past 4 weeks of safety to work her social game to ensure she had a safety net once her immunity window lapsed. Instead she spent that time sleeping, acting condescending, barking marching orders to just about everyone in the house and obsessing over her feud with Cassandra.

I don't know if she deserved to get absolutely LASHED and DEMOLISHED the way she did, but that was one of the best episodes I've ever seen.

Didn't know there was a BBCAN thread on GAF

I don't feel sorry for Neda at all. She had an awful social game that should have been miles better considering she was able to coast through five evictions without being targeted. She made numerous blunders such as not building any relationships with Newbies (aside from Dillon who is apparently a friend to Jon from BBCAN2) and the whole Sindy insult couch thing from a few episodes ago.

She also never was able to get a solid number two even though she had nothing but time to do so considering her immunity. It's easy for her to blame Ika in that moment for her going home, but she'll probably be thinking about the Sindy insult couch thing and really wish that she hadn't done that.

She'll probably also wish she hadn't felt the need to alienate Ika by controlling every single eviction and whining when things didn't look like they were going her way. A good portion of this game is knowing when to let go even if an eviction doesn't go your way as long as your core alliance is safe, but she could not give up control.

Oh well, see ya never, Neds

UberTag

The French Connection just cut a deal to give Dillon this week's HOH.
It's suspected he'll finally take his shot at Ika and Demetres; they were 2 of the first 3 eliminated and have probably deluded themselves into thinking they can still play the middle.
My bet is that Ika will be joining Neda in jury on Thursday.

This season really proved all those people who have been anti-Neda these last few years right. They claimed that her game in BBCAN2 was overrated and that had it not been for 1) a twist (Canada HOH) and 2) a shield to win comps and pretty much play her social game for her (Jon) her game would have sucked and she wouldn't have gotten far.

Now here in BBCAN5, we got a twist that kept her safe for 4-5 evictions, and as soon as it was over Sindy and Ika, two of her closest allies (afaik, haven't been following closely the last few weeks), got rid of her ASAP. Her social game must have been complete SHIT if her own allies got rid of her as soon as they could - which shows how badly she needed someone like Jon to play her social game for her.

edit: It's also funny thinking back to Neda's videos before the season started where she was like, "I'm not falling in love this time! My eyes are on the prize now!" when it seems that ~falling in love~ with Jon is what helped get her so far.

NYR

Neda ruined her legacy and reputation. To address the post above, it really is as simple as she was arrongant and a mean girl. She had a shield that protected her and she got cocky and ran her mouth. Good riddance.

Unfortunately, the game likely won't be good until Dillon, Karen, Will, Dre, and Jackie are eliminated. Too late to salvage this season, easily the worst ever.

UberTag

For some mystifying reason, Dillon seems to be leaning towards nominating Demetres alongside Jackie instead of Ika. This makes absolutely zero sense to me because Dem could literally have three people playing in the veto competition to save him in both Ika and Dre (who won't have to worry about William getting backdoored due to his safety pass).

Why would you target someone and give them so many outs... in addition to keeping one of Demetres' sure votes in play?

Dude's taken one too many punches to the head.

EDIT: Ah, looks like he's planning a Kevin backdoor. Now giving Demetres a zillion opportunities to get himself off the block makes sense.

Holmes

Hopefully William and Kevin can have one last passive aggressive psycho-sexual hate make out before he's backdoored.

UberTag

Neda's eviction by Sindy seems to have derailed Bruno and Kevin's games completely. From voluntarily giving up HOH to Dillon and then allowing the rest of the house to run his HOH against them. They've been grooming and protecting Dillon for 5 weeks and yet he has all of this unbridled hostility towards them thanks to Kevin winning veto and then not using it to keep Dillon and Emily in the house together. He can't see it from Kevin's perspective that he was simply keeping Bruno safe.

Ika's social game is undeniably strong in a house full of predominantly weak social games; it's overpowering all of the weak areas of her BB game. And the blind spot Bruno has towards Karen (who is transitioning into full strategist mode) might be what ultimately sinks his entire ship. Nobody is gunning harder for the vets than Karen is... yet he dismisses her and her Kevin grudge as harmless and unable to influence anything.

the house is a fucking mess right now, literally the only solid alliance is bruno and kevin imo everything else is just betrayalton and no one knows the the fuck is happening

UberTag

the house is a fucking mess right now, literally the only solid alliance is bruno and kevin imo everything else is just betrayalton and no one knows the the fuck is happening
That about sums things up. Ridding the BBCAN Odyssey of that pesky Neda glue has worked wonders.

NYR

Normally this would make for great TV but with these hacks, it is more like they are running into each other and knocking each other out.

UberTag

Demetres won the power of veto so he'll be coming off the block. A vet is undoubtedly going up in his place opposite Jackie.

Parch

I'm liking this season. There's a fair amount of dummies, annoying people and bad gameplay, but I think it's an interesting mix of semi-clueless noobs and arrogant vets.

Bruno is a pretty smart player. He's always thinking game and working scenarios. His mistake was failing to put Neda on a leash instead of letting her act like a mob boss. She could have had the same alliance and just been a invisible in the house during her immunity, but no, she had to get all cocky and try to run the show.

Interesting how the house felt about hearing the crowd reactions from the audience. It became clear that Canada had turned on Neda and they knew it.

Another unfortunate thing for Bruno was during the Double Eviction they only had a couple of minutes to react. If it was a normal week, Bruno and Kevin probably would have talked some sense into Sindy and prevent the Neda eviction. Now they're in trouble. It's going to take some luck and some major house shifting for Bruno or Kevin to survive to the end. Sindy is just a dummy and they onto the rat Ika, so it's looking to me like a noob is going to win this. The vets are screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom