• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother Canada Season 5 |OT| - Newbs vs. Vets

Status
Not open for further replies.
A part of me finds it hilarious that
Demetres might be forced to nominate Dillon just because of Cassandra's insane plan.

Worried about Karen though.

Edit:
Half of the vets want Cass out. I didn't think the vets would turn on each other so fast lol

Tregard

Soothsayer
Demetres might be forced to nominate Dillon just because of Cassandra's insane plan.

Sounds like Demetres is going whole hog and nomming Dillon and Emily due to their potential showmance. Cassandra has backed Demetres into a corner haha

Karen lit the fuse and is casually walking away from the explosion <3

Yeah, his hand is pretty much played at this point. Some of the vets are planning on pushing that agenda on him even more later tonight. It sucks because I like Dillon, but it's also hilarious how him and Mark got hit with such bad luck, getting targeted before they even do anything.

I did not watch BBCan4 because I hated 3, but Cass is amazing.

Not only did she potentially seal Demetres' safety but now he's HoH and she can feel (relatively) safe. The fact that Neda, Ika, Sindy, and Bruno were just together in a room plotting to get rid of her ~a week after being all "we vets gotta stick together until at least 6 of them get out" makes me love her even more.

Cass, Kevin, and Dallas are like the "outcast" vets compared to how tight the other five are. Those three are my favourites this season, so hopefully they'll figure things out together.

Holmes

Seems like Karen's pushing for
Dallas
and Demetres already wants
Dillon
up as the target.

Why are we doing spoiler tags btw?

UberTag

I'm not sure we are suppose to use spoiler tags for HOH and POV. Every forum I post on seems to have different rules around that.
Protocol for spoiler tags here is just to tag leaks from episode tapings before they air on Global. Anything from the live feeds you can talk about freely without tags.

Apparently the vets rallied against Cass because Mark, in a last ditch effort to stay, lied to Gary and Ika saying Cass was telling everyone that they're voting to evict him. That explains why she said, "I vote to evict that liar Mark" yesterday.

Demetres has to be one of the most obnoxious people to ever enter a Big Brother house. I have to switch feeds whenever he walks into the room.

Also, Neda and Ika's constant gossiping has already gotten stale. They just sit around and talk about how much they don't like Cass.

This season is off to a pretty rocky start in terms of power and alliances. Drama is still fun, though.

UberTag

Also, Neda and Ika's constant gossiping has already gotten stale. They just sit around and talk about how much they don't like Cass.

This season is off to a pretty rocky start in terms of power and alliances. Drama is still fun, though.
Neda and Ika largely bolstered their popularity as players via being underdogs against the First Five alliance which was loaded with antagonists like Andrew, Kenny and Sabrina. I can't see their popularity persisting through this season if they're a dominant faction running the house and ceaselessly gossiping about how so-and-so is "the next Sabrina". Because they'll just move on to someone else once Cass is gone.

Holmes

Yeah I was just thinking that Neda's not coming off too great this season so far and that might be because she's not going to be the underdog that persevered against all odds.

Anyway I think I'm here for Kevin making out and/or giving a handies to Gary and William under the covers.

This meeting in the HN is actually making me upset. They want to get Dallas out, and laugh about how Cass will be alone after that. Chh....

Neda and Ika largely bolstered their popularity as players via being underdogs against the First Five alliance which was loaded with antagonists like Andrew, Kenny and Sabrina. I can't see their popularity persisting through this season if they're a dominant faction running the house and ceaselessly gossiping about how so-and-so is "the next Sabrina". Because they'll just move on to someone else once Cass is gone.
Agree with you completely. All of my feeds watching friends that loved Neda and/or Ika before are already pretty disappointed in them.

Parch

Will be watching the feeds more because the shows don't show the reality. When that vote was so close I knew there had to be more drama we didn't know about.

Vets immediately have the noobs against noobs. They'll keep Karen around because she's obsessed with getting out more noobs and Dallas. Not surprised Dallas is still an asshole.

Demetre worked himself in with the vets pretty solid now. Maybe that will change, but he seems like the noob with the most sense.

That redhead says "like" every other word. It's painful to watch her struggle to form a coherent sentence.

Good start so far. I hate seasons where everybody is buddy buddy and they want it to be a summer camp. Bring the drama. The first week had plenty.

UberTag

I wasn't a big fan of Gary Glitter in Season 1, but I'm loving the chill, laidback Gary we're getting this time around. He's playing a very shrewd under-the-radar game and making some strong personal connections... but not exclusive/advertised connections... with just about everyone in the house. Anyone that plays the house therapist role and gets everyone else to do the talking to them I'm a big fan of.

Nooooooooo!! Dallas is going to be the replacement nom (Dillon down) and I don't think he's going to be able to flip against Emily. The 6 Alliance + Karen are running this eviction.

They should just let Dallas stay in the house and continue heat against Karen. He isn't targeting any of them rn, while Emily/Dillon will come for their blood if given the chance.

Swass

It's hard to become a 2-time winner when you haven't managed to win once. Let Neda net her first win before talking about a potential second.
As for what the show wants, I remain ever convinced that they'll want Kevin to win until he does. I referred to him as Production Pet back in Season 3 for a reason.

For some reason when I wrote that I was reversing the John and Neda saga of season 2 in my mind.. anyway still pulling for her, interesting that she revealed John cheated on her.. what a dummy. As for production pets, I think a couple of them returning players fill that role.. they are probably going to be very conflicted this entire season.

Koodo

Banned
I've never been on team Neda, but Ika has been amazing so far from an entertainment perspective. She knows this is less about the winning prize and more about how much you'll be able to milk this second chance after the show is over.

UberTag

Nooooooooo!! Dallas is going to be the replacement nom (Dillon down) and I don't think he's going to be able to flip against Emily. The 6 Alliance + Karen are running this eviction.

They should just let Dallas stay in the house and continue heat against Karen. He isn't targeting any of them rn, while Emily/Dillon will come for their blood if given the chance.
Seems highly doubtful that Dallas can swing much of anything right now.
Cass has worked a lot of game trying to influence Ika and Demetres to try and save Dal but I don't believe it'll be enough.
Might be enough to save her own neck next week, though. They're really sketched out by the Menage a Trois BBCAN3 alliance portion of their group.

That trio is so going to strike at Neda as soon as she's exposed. No doubt in my mind about it. Either that or Ika 'cause she's the glue between Neda and Dem.

UberTag

Seems pretty clear-cut that Dallas is getting evicted this Thursday.
It might even be a unanimous 12-0 vote.

What a waste of a returning player spot.
Godfrey wouldn't have wasted a second chance like this.

UberTag

This thread has been quiet for a bit so it's time for a brief update.
Dallas will be getting evicted tomorrow night after he gets nominated as a replacement nominee in tonight's episode post-Dillon veto win.

Cassandra will be the house target next week unless she, Gary, Karen... or - possibly - Jackie win HOH.
There's an outside shot she'd be safe with the French Connection but I don't see either of them winning an HOH barring a crapshoot.
She would likely be nominated with Gary (to take away one of her votes) or with Jackie (who will be serving pawn duty quite a bit I'd imagine).

Yado

I don't care for Mitch but I wonder why they brought back Dallas instead of him. I don't think there were that many fans hoping to see Dallas get another chance.

Tregard

Soothsayer
What a waste of a returning player spot.
Godfrey wouldn't have wasted a second chance like this.

I figured Mitch was a shoe-in. Really surprised.

This is one of those situations where I assume the likes of Mitch and Godfrey were saved for All-Stars proper.

Dallas has been dismal so far, making awful game decisions and referring to himself as "Big Deezy" as often as humanly possible.

UberTag

EVICTION NIGHT 2 SPOILERS

Dallas was evicted by a unanimous 12-0 vote; no surprises here.
Neda won HOH. Cassandra will be her target - just a matter of whether Neda gives her the chance to play for veto or not. She probably will.
I suspect the initial nominees will be Cass and Jackie.

UberTag

lol, Neda's popularity is taking a hit. It's what she deserves.
Her Jokers ranking is in free-fall.
This is what happens when you bring in your personal baggage from outside the house, let an unearned immunity go to your head and gleefully take out Bruno's enemies so you're a sitting duck once jury starts.

Holmes

I still do like Neda but I don't think she's all that. What's her plan? She's literally just making enemies by helping Bruno and he's sitting pretty in the meanwhile. She should not have won this HOH. She should have people like Dre, Ika, Gary in her pocket but now they're targeting her. I don't know where Will stands but I wouldn't be surprised if he's at least sketched out by her considering where Dre stands.

Hopefully Cass stays and Jackie is somehow evicted this week. Dre/William are quickly becoming my favorites.

So I just watched all 5 current episodes and I'm all caught up. Is there anything misleading about the episodes? You know how sometimes they make the mastermind look like someone else, etc.

UberTag

William won the POV competition. Expect noms to remain the same with Cass getting evicted by a unanimous 11-0 vote... although I could see Karen throwing out a dissenting vote to shit disturb. Plus, she just really hates Jackie's guts.

Holmes

I mean Neda is cancelled so it's whatever. She just fell ass backwards to the end in her season because production made it so and still ended up losing to the more entertaining houseguest and getting evicted by her man shield.

Yado

I think the "others" should save Cass and vote to evict Jackie when Gary/Dre go up as the replacement nom tbh. After this week they won't have the numbers to save anyone who isn't closely aligned with Neda/Bruno/Kevin.

Holmes

Ika/Gary/Dre/Dem/Karen/William would be enough to save Cass and they will realize and consider it after the veto. Probably even follow through with it.

Holmes

Ika would probably need to stop flip flopping between sides and Karen would need to stop being so erratic in order to cement that group. Otherwise they'll all be picked off one by one thanks to Neda targeting Bruno's enemies with reasoning such as "x is like so annoying" or "y is like the new Sabrina".

UberTag

Ika would probably need to stop flip flopping between sides and Karen would need to stop being so erratic in order to cement that group. Otherwise they'll all be picked off one by one thanks to Neda targeting Bruno's enemies with reasoning such as "x is like so annoying" or "y is like the new Sabrina".
You're not wrong. Except they have no one willing to stick their neck out to rally that group. Cass could do it which is why she's being targeted immediately. Ika will tear down everyone in that group as a defence mechanism to inflate their targets and minimize the target on her and Demetres. Karen will flock to the power. William has no impetus to stick his neck out there as he'll be kept around as a vote long after Dre has been evicted. Gary has no social clout to speak of outside of the intel Kevin has fed him which he refuses to use to spin this in a different direction.

They may have the numbers to flip this vote if they wanted to... but they clearly don't want to expose themselves to do it and I doubt that changes by Thursday.

Holmes

When Neda has a DR

tumblr_onkc767bOX1rrt01ro1_400.gif

Yado

I think a half vet half newbie season was a bad idea, especially for the newbies. There's no way any of them can win if they're sitting next to a veteran at the end, the veterans have pregame alliances set up and then the producers decided to give Neda a golden ticket to jury because it's highly unlikely anyone else but her could have won it. There's no way a newbie could have won it since no one knows who they are. The odds are just stacked way too heavily for the vets.

Yeah, having vets is bad enough but golden ticket to jury? wtf

it sucks because some of the newbies like dre have a lot of potential but they got dealt a shitty hand with the gimmicks for this season.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, having vets is bad enough but golden ticket to jury? wtf

it sucks because some of the newbies like dre have a lot of potential but they got dealt a shitty hand with the gimmicks for this season.

Yeah I can't tell if the newbies just don't have the personality of the vets, or if they're just not given the screentime.

I mean it's hard to compete with the likes of Cassandra, Ika, and Gary anyway.

UberTag

b2c15a94fba4.jpg

Backwards Week Explained

Thursday, March 30th
At the end of the live eviction show the houseguests will find out that this shockwave will bend time and space, and that this week will start where a normal week would end - with 2 people on the block. That means it's nomination time, and the house will decide the two nominees who will go up on the block.

Monday, April 3rd
Arisa will host a nomination ceremony in which she will reveal the houseguest’s nominees. Following the nomination ceremony, the houseguests will play for the POV. If the POV is used, the house will vote on the replacement nominee.

Wednesday April 5th
In this episode, the final nominees will be named, and the houseguests (minus the final 2 nominees and the outgoing HOH) will battle for the head of household.

Thursday April 6th
In the conclusion to Backwards Week, the HOH will cast the sole vote to evict at the live eviction.

The houseguests will be informed just prior to the HOH comp that the winner of the comp will have the sole vote to evict in the live eviction show next Thursday
Lock in and get ready for a ride through time! Tune in Monday at 9 ET/PT to find out who the houseguests will nominate.

UberTag

A twist designed to benefit large alliances huh
I know. Isn't it just exciting?

Here's how the nomination votes shook out...

- Bruno / Emily / Jackie / Kevin / Neda = Dre / Gary
- Sindy = Dre / William
- Dillon = Gary / William

Dre = 6 Votes
Gary = 6 Votes
William = 2 Votes

- Dre / Gary / Ika = Dillon / Emily
- Demetres / William = Dillon / Jackie
- Karen = Jackie / Kevin

Dillon = 5 Votes
Emily = 3 Votes
Jackie = 3 Votes
Kevin = 1 Vote

Incidentally, the theme for this season is Everybody Loves Bruno.

POV players are Dre, Gary, Emily, Kevin, Neda and William.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom