• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother Canada Season 4 |OT| - Double Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

POV WINNER -
___Christine___ (this is somewhat of a surprise; apparently it was a prize comp as well)

Nominations will clearly remain the same. Which, honestly, is the most interesting angle for this week as I believe either Loveita or Sharry could go and the actual decision has been bandied around quite a bit today. Loveita's been in "throw in the towel" mode for most of the day which is only reinforcing everyone else in the house to want Sharry gone instead. And she's completely oblivious to this fact. Frankly, I'd have more respect for her if she was working this angle intentionally for this result.

My prediction for this week's boot after watching the first night of feeds on Thursday was a Sharry boot and that appears to be the likely end result.

HOUSE ALLIANCE STRUCTURE

The Third Wheel - Jared / Kelsey / Raul (with satellite alliances w/ Mitchell, Cassandra and the Brothers)

The Other Side of the House - Maddy / Ramsey / Dallas (Dallas seems to be the primary target for most of the house next week)

Cassndra's Rat Pack - Cassandra / Christine (Tim has made alliance overtures to both the above group and Cassandra's group)
The Brains - Mitchell / Joel (will likely pull in Loveita if she stays through the week)
The Brothers - Phil & Nick (looking to keep as many targets in the house as possible; Phil has more BB knowledge; Nick has the better social game

The Wild Cards - Tim / Nikki (Tim is driving this ship; pretty much only bringing Nikki along as an extra vote)

The core battle is between The Third Wheel (Jared / Kelsey / Raul) vs. The Other Side of the House (Maddy / Ramsey / Dallas). The other splinter alliances are obviously working with them this week because they have power and because they swung the vote to save Kelsey last week but they'll shift with the power as needed. The Brothers and Cassandra / Christine are more closely aligned with The Third Wheel than the Brains who will be happy to sit on the sidelines and stay out of the frey and float for now. The Brothers have an interesting dynamic because Phil is more entrenched with The Third Wheel alliance but Nick is trying to showmance Maddy. Nick is the one playing for comps next week so he'll have more say in steering that ship but they're a rather dysfunctional tandem right now.

UberTag

Man, Dallas completely tanking his game and throwing the other side of the house under the bus tonight to the Third Wheel.

That veto isn't getting played but he's completely screwed next week unless he wins HOH.

Dallas and Ramsey are taking turns throwing each other under the bus right now.

UberTag

POV CEREMONY RESULTS

Once again, no surprises. The Power of Veto was not used by Christine.
This is the first time since Big Brother 9 that the POV has not been used through two weeks of the game.

Final nominations remain Loveita & Sharry. Seems likely at this point that Sharry is getting evicted despite Love's superior comp prowess.

Both Tim & Nikki DO get a vote this week. 12 people will be voting. The person staying will need a minimum of 7 votes to stay... or 6 votes plus Jared's tiebreaker.

Parch

Yeah that's a tenth of the overall prize haha.
Having more prize money for comps will also encourage players to actually try instead of throwing comps. There are too many who just want to float and avoid decisions so they can cruise through with no blood on their hands.

Like when the 2 noobs were told they would have to vote. Oh no, now they have to make a decision instead of doing nothing. Sheesh. Voting is the whole point of the game. Stop trying to weasel out of it.

Holmes

I'm in loooove with Nikki and Tim. I also love Mitch and Joel. Really hoping one of those win HOH tonight but I don't think any of them really want it, except Nikki because she wants Raul's blood. But I don't think she can win.

I'm in loooove with Nikki and Tim. I also love Mitch and Joel. Really hoping one of those win HOH tonight but I don't think any of them really want it, except Nikki because she wants Raul's blood. But I don't think she can win.

Tim is great but Nikki was a mistake, she's nothing but trash.

D4pmL7Z.gif
D4pmL7Z.gif
D4pmL7Z.gif
D4pmL7Z.gif

Parch

Tim is clever and good player. Nikki is just a mess. I'd like to see her win HOH just to see how much she freaks out with all that pressure on her. It takes very little to push her buttons to start the meltdown.

UberTag

The gameplan heading into tonight is that pretty much everyone "in the middle" plans to throw HOH... with the exception of the Brothers as they want to ensure Nick stays in contention long enough to ensure Dallas doesn't win. If all of the folks on either side of the current house alliance war (Third Wheel + Dallas vs. Maddy / Ramsey) knock themselves out, it's likely everyone in the middle will do what they can to throw it to Nikki.

There's not a chance in hell someone like Mitch, Joel or Cassandra wants to actively win HOH tonight... and shouldn't unless it's a crapshoot comp.

As of right now, I'm expecting a 3rd straight boring week (gameplay-wise) with almost the entire house (minus Jared) teaming up to boot out Dallas and an unprecedented 3rd straight instance of a veto not being played unless Production introduces a twist of some kind.

Thankfully, these hamsters remain plenty entertaining on the feeds due to their personalities even if the actual Big Brother gameplay has been lacking.

Parch

That's the correct strategy at this point in the game. Throw HOH comps. Loveita and Sharry played the first 2 weeks about as bad as possible.
The "no blood" strategy might be boring, but it's the correct way to survive the first half of the game. The middle-tier fence sitters are more than happy to let the big personality alliances pick off each other while they remain quiet and invisible.

Yado

She's just...not smart. Someone like her needs a puppeteer and there isn't anyone like that in the house.

UberTag

With, quite possibly, the worst HOH nominations of all-time...

NOMINATION SPOILERS -
___Cassandra___ & ___Christine___

HAVE NOTS FOR THE WEEK -
___Cassandra___ & ___Joel___

POV PARTICIPANTS -
Loveita, Cassandra, Christine... AND Dallas, Jared & Ramsey

UberTag

POV WINNER -
___Dallas___

Prior to the veto competition, Dallas had assured the nominees that he intended to use the veto to pull one of them down if he won. Apparently, his candidate of choice is Christine. Whether he follows through on this will largely depend on whether he's able to get a commitment by Loveita to nominate the brothers in her place and NOT Maddy.

Good luck with that. She was originally contemplating putting up Tim as a replacement nom - and given how popular he's proven to be online in such a short time - there would have undoubtedly been mass uproar were that to happen. Production stepped in to put that fire out quick and instead threw together the idea of a mega-alliance featuring all of their pets... Joel, Mitch, the Brothers, Tim and Nikki... and that was pitched to Loveita as a counter-proposal. I'd like to say that someone in the house was clever enough to come up with this but it was entirely Production.

So now Loveita's replacement nom possibilities appear to be Maddy or her arch-nemesis Kelsey. Loveita's such a complete mess of a Big Brother player it's liable to be just about anybody. She plays this game like Chaos Kass plays Survivor.

Qw3DXBd.gif

After chatting with her this evening, Dallas seems to realize this. I don't understand why everyone in this game is being so transparent about their targets with bad players. Now it would seem he doesn't intend to use the veto at all which will leave this a showdown between Cassandra and Christine. Third non-play of a veto to start the game would be unprecedented in modern Big Brother history.

Parch

That was a bizarre episode. Loveita is just a desperate fool at this point. With those noms she basically said... "Here's my back. Go ahead and stab it."
Turning spineless just means everybody else in the house is putting her on their enemy list.

Kelsey is a real bitch isn't she? I'm not too fond of Raul either. Is their boy toy smart enough to dump those two?

Kelsey is hilariously awful, and I can't imagine her boytoy will remain interested as the extent of her lovely attitude becomes apparent. I loved the editors doing an evisceration of her nonsense that she was the one wanting Loveita gone. I also adored Nikki in the bathtub talking about what a horrible person she is, and how she will drag down Jared's game. Kelsey and Raul come across as two catty mean girls who will smile to your face and then shit talk you to whoever's in earshot the moment you're not.

NYR

This season has been terrible. Just a bunch of children playing high school right now. The only redeeming thing is Tim and Nikki, who bring tremendous charisma and character to the show, the rest are a bunch of dudebros or the typical chick you would see in Starbucks wearing Uggs and yoga pants, just completely basic.

Wow, this is awesome.

Holmes

Paige is #4 on the Jokers ratings. lol

I'm really liking Mitch's game right now. He's playing under the illusion of playing all sides (except the Dallas/Maddy side), but he seems to be instead trying to re-focus Jared's attention from Loveita back to Dallas. Dallas and company seem to think Mitch is useless so he just needs to not get caught. Really down that Cassandra seems to be on her way out though. So much potential. :(

UberTag

POV CEREMONY RESULTS

As expected, Dallas did not use the power of veto. We'll be down to 5 girls after this week. Still no veto plays this season.

It "seems" like at this moment that Cassandra is safe and that Christine will be evicted on Thursday. Even the people voting to evict Cass expect her to ultimately stay and feel they don't have the votes. We'll see if anything changes over the course of the week.

This coming week will be business as usual... but the week after that "should" be an Instant Eviction as that is BBCAN tradition heading into an Easter weekend.

UberTag

EVICTION NIGHT 3 SPOILERS

Christine is evicted by a vote of 6-5. Love these narrow votes.
This one was pre-meditated, however. The 5 votes to evict Cassandra came from Dallas, Maddy, Ramsey, Nikki and Tim.
Tim threw an extra vote their way to "give them confidence" they'd have the numbers to take on the Third Wheel next week... whatever that entails.

This week's HOH comp is a paired obstacle course comp. One would initially suspect it to be similar to the one that Sarah and B won last season where they deferred between themselves to select an HOH but that may not be the case this time.

The pairs that are participating... as per random draw... are...
- Raul / Cassandra
- Kelsey / Ramsey
- Jared / Dallas
- Maddy / Tim
- Phil / Nikki
- Mitch / Joel

WEEK 4 HOH SPOILER

Mitch & Joel won...Mitch deferred to Joel so Joel is the HOH this week

UberTag

Mitch really is playing a great game right now... not sure who Joel will nominate
The choices are clearly either Dallas & Maddy or Kelsey & Raul.

If Joel goes after Dallas & Maddy, it'll result in the more straightforward week and predictable outcome (Dallas leaving unless he wins veto).

If Joel goes after Kelsey & Raul, it'll demonstrate more independent thought on Joel's part but a less clear end result in the vote, the inevitable accusations that he's doing Loveita's dirty work for her and some compelling spin from Mitch, Tim and the Brothers to see how they deflect the heat from the Third Wheel and Cassandra onto Joel.

Suspect this will ultimately come down to a further conversation between Joel and Jared on how amenable he would be to a promise of safety for the week but his allies being squarely targeted. Jared's first conversation with him last night consisted largely of him expressing concern over Loveita steering Joel's HOH.

The choices are clearly either Dallas & Maddy or Kelsey & Raul.

If Joel goes after Dallas & Maddy, it'll result in the more straightforward week and predictable outcome (Dallas leaving unless he wins veto).

If Joel goes after Kelsey & Raul, it'll demonstrate more independent thought on Joel's part but a less clear end result in the vote, the inevitable accusations that he's doing Loveita's dirty work for her and some compelling spin from Mitch, Tim and the Brothers to see how they deflect the heat from the Third Wheel and Cassandra onto Joel.

Suspect this will ultimately come down to a further conversation between Joel and Jared on how amenable he would be to a promise of safety for the week but his allies being squarely targeted. Jared's first conversation with him last night consisted largely of him expressing concern over Loveita steering Joel's HOH.

Honestly... as long as Tim and Nikki are safe I'm fine because they are the best part about this season. I think Joel should go with Kelsey and Raul to split up the Kelsey/Raul/Jared trio... but I feel like they should have go for Jared more than anything but what I do know

also, do the 90 minute episode mean double eviction?

UberTag

Honestly... as long as Tim and Nikki are safe I'm fine because they are the best part about this season. I think Joel should go with Kelsey and Raul to split up the Kelsey/Raul/Jared trio... but I feel like they should have go for Jared more than anything but what I do know

also, do the 90 minute episode mean double eviction?
Tim could still see pawn duty this week. He really played that last vote unnecessarily sloppy and weirded a bunch of folks out as a result.

As for the 90-minute eviction episode, a double or instant is quite likely. They've always thrown that curveball out there for Easter weekend so it is expected.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The casting of Big Brother Canada is usually on point, but the early game gets dominated by a power couple, or "the cool kids" until a twist eventually comes in to help the rejects.

Hopefully something happens soon to shake up the game.

Parch

Out goes the token old person. Might as well since she never had a chance.

I've watched a bit of the feeds and nothing is going on. It's all happy chatting and everybody is buddy buddy. I'm not seeing a lot of conflict going on. Some of the gals are catty but is there any confrontation between the guys at all? The brother twist seems to have only added another useless dudebro in the house.

This is what happens when there isn't enough age diversity. Everybody is there to have fun, get along and play it safe. The show needs characters like Donnie and Evil Dick to break up the 20-something chill and hang out atmosphere.

UberTag

I agree but that seems to be contrary to how the Canadian production staff want Big Brother to go. They want to downplay conflict and tension in the house and want a buddy-buddy "everybody is good friends; aren't Canadians good, upstanding people" house mentality.

They even go so far as to discourage swearing on the live feeds (because Canada is watching) and to cut fights and drama that take place on the feeds from the broadcast show in place of "I took time out of my day to pray with Ramsey today; I learned something about myself" sequences.

It's not what I want from a reality TV series but it's clearly what they want.

UberTag

HAVE NOTS FOR THE WEEK

The Third Wheel, Mitch, Tim... and for the 3rd consecutive week... Cassandra

Parch

One of the things BBCAN has done well in the past is torture these people. Not just tasks and comps, but being a have-not used to make people really miserable. Now Nikki says she really doesn't mind slop? Did they change the recipe? Canadian slop used to be completely disgusting and was always big difference between the US show.

Time to make life more difficult in the house. Make them mean, sore, and miserable. Party central needs a trip to hell.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
One of the things BBCAN has done well in the past is torture these people. Not just tasks and comps, but being a have-not used to make people really miserable. Now Nikki says she really doesn't mind slop? Did they change the recipe? Canadian slop used to be completely disgusting and was always big difference between the US show.

Time to make life more difficult in the house. Make them mean, sore, and miserable. Party central needs a trip to hell.

They're great at giving them booze too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom