• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother Canada Season 3 |OT| - Premieres Monday, March 23rd at 8:00pm on Global

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parch

Losing comps is one thing. Quitting comps because she's too stupid or lazy to figure it out is another.

Zach's hail mary to get Godfrey on the block was a fine case of desperation futility. I hope those 3 didn't actually think for a second that Sarah was going to fall for it.

UberTag

DOUBLE EVICTION SPOILERS

Zach was evicted by a unanimous 3-0 vote
B won yet another double eviction HOH comp
Nominated Ash and Pili
Ash won her 2nd straight POV comp
I have to presume God was the replacement nominee
Pilar was evicted either by a 2-0 vote or a 1-1 split with B casting the tiebreaker decision

THE FINAL FOUR = Ashleigh, Brittnee, Godfrey and Sarah

No word yet on the results of this week's crucial HOH comp. God has got to stop throwing these or he'll be in trouble. Only Ash, God and Sarah will be competing for this one.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
If Godfrey doesn't start winning, what's his pitch going to be to the jury?

Ashleigh, Sarah, and Britnee have all won more, and they can take credit for some of the bigger moves in the house.

bitter willow
laugh.gif

UberTag

If Godfrey doesn't start winning, what's his pitch going to be to the jury?
Dr. Will is widely considered to be the greatest Big Brother player of all-time.
He has won ZERO competitions across two seasons... he won Big Brother 2 and finished 4th in Big Brother All-Stars.

F4 HOH SPOILER

___Sarah___
Her initial nominations will be Ashleigh and Godfrey.
B will cast the eviction vote barring the POV winner changing things up.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Dr. Will is widely considered to be the greatest Big Brother player of all-time.
He has won ZERO competitions across two seasons... he won one and finished 4th in the second.

Right, but he did a lot of manipulating.

I'm not sure Godfrey could make that case, which is why I made the case that he should be trying to win challenges(if he isn't already).

UberTag

Godfrey: "Sitting with me in the final is an easy 100 grand, yo... I’m just being realistic, man... You just have to sit through the speech and they’ll give you the cash, yo.”

Big-Brother-Canada-3-2015-05-20-19-41-09-337.jpg

Parch

Godfrey will have to sell the Dr. Will strategy hard. Not sure it's enough. It's a valid point that others have played the game better, and I'm thinking there's a bunch of the jury going to vote for friends.

That fill the bottle to get the ball comp was really sneaky. The ball was just big enough to get through the hole so trying to dig it out wasn't possible. Good on Ash for figuring out that it had to be fully filled.

UberTag

Just to catch everyone up, here is how the final week is shaping up...

Sarah has nominated Ashleigh and Godfrey for eviction.
If Ash wins veto, she'll save herself and evict B.
If God wins veto, he'll save himself and evict B.
They have no choice but to make this play because they're convinced Sarah and B will take each other to the end and they would need to win the F3 HOH comp to crack that duo.
Sarah would likely win a Final 2 vote against B quite easily due to the perception in the house that she has masterminded all of B's moves.

If B or Sarah win veto, the noms remain unchanged and B will evict Ash.

In a Final 3 scenario of Ash / God / Sarah, Sarah would need to win the F3 HOH comp in order to face the jury. She would likely bring God with her and would likely still win the game. God and Ash would take each other and that would be a relatively close vote but I suspect Godfrey would outtalk Ash and win BBCAN 3.

In a Final 3 scenario of B / God / Sarah, God would bring B to the jury if he won the final HOH comp and would likely win in convincing fashion. However, I do believe there's an outside chance that B would cut Sarah herself after winning the final HOH competition and take God with her to the end (in much the same way that Jon cut Neda last season). If B made this move, I can envision her getting enough credit to win the game even over Godfrey... but this is the only way I see it happening.

The live feeds will get officially shut down on Saturday afternoon. I believe we will have POV results before they're turned off.

UberTag

F4 POWER OF VETO RESULTS

Ashleigh has won her 3rd straight POV competition.
Brittnee will go up as a replacement nominee and Ash will vote to evict her from the game.

bbcan3-sarah-and-brittnee.jpg
Big-Brother-Canada-3-2015-05-21-16-58-23-256.jpg

The Final 3 =
Ashleigh / Godfrey / Sarah
Sarah will need to win the final HOH competition next Wednesday night to face the jury (likely taking God).
Otherwise, Ash and God will be your Final 2.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I'm spoiler free for the episode now airing.

I'm hoping that Sarah and Brit make final 2. If not, I'm happy with Godfrey winning. I'm fine with ANYONE but Ashleigh winning tbqh. Godfrey did nothing but unlike Ashleigh, he was no one's puppet. So relieved Pilar left last week, having her in final four would have been a Victoria sized mess.

UberTag

Final twist of the season was revealed tonight to remove the possibility of a deadlocked jury vote...

The final three houseguests (Ashleigh, Godfrey and Sarah) must collectively decide on which juror they would like to evict from the jury (removing their option to decide on the winner).

NYR

Oh look, a twist to ruin and waste someone's time in jury!

I love how the claws came out at the end, people are getting real. God is making a mistake even fighting this, no chance Sarah or Ash will dump the obvious votes for them.

Just dump Jordan or Willow, keep everyone happy.

Aw man I know it's evil ,but I hope it's Willow. She complained all season about not being included in missions and never getting called to the DR . If this happened to her I know her reaction would be so over the top.

NYR

Aw man I know it's evil ,but I hope it's Willow. She complained all season about not being included in missions and never getting called to the DR . If this happened to her I know her reaction would be so over the top.
It would be epic. They should let her shoot off her mouth and THEN tell her she has been removed from Jury.

UberTag

I hope Production trolls Willow on this even if she ISN'T the juror whose vote is getting excluded.

Production vs. Willow has been one of the best feuds this entire season.
Along with Neda vs. Gary. (Zach vs. Peter ended with a whimper.)

NYR

I hope Production trolls Willow on this even if she ISN'T the juror whose vote is getting excluded.

Production vs. Willow has been one of the best feuds this entire season.
Along with Neda vs. Gary. (Zach vs. Peter ended with a whimper.)
Yeah, Zach v Peter was underwhelming, Zach couldn't say shit. Not to say Peter could either, he is a gigantic shit stain on the game so for him to talk smack after his awful gameplay is always hypocritically funny.

Lev

I was really disappointed that Peter spent all the time on the After Show bashing Zach. There was not much time spent asking interesting questions to Zach which would of allowed us to hear Zach's point of view of how he played the game inside the BB house. I found Peter to be extremely petty to do such a thing.

NYR

Tonight's side show was the best. How that Marsha roast didn't make the main show is beyond me.

Sounds like the jury is leaning towards Sara, some bashing on Ash. I think she may only gave two votes.

UberTag

Tonight's side show was the best. How that Marsha roast didn't make the main show is beyond me.

Sounds like the jury is leaning towards Sara, some bashing on Ash. I think she may only gave two votes.
Seems reasonable to assume that if Sarah wins the final HOH competition tomorrow night, she'll win the game.
If either God or Ash pull it out, then it's likely Godfrey will win the season.

UberTag

BIG BROTHER CANADA 3 FINALE SPOILERS

Final HOH Part 1 Winner -
_God_
Final HOH Part 2 Winner -
_Ash_

Seems reasonably likely that those will be your Final 2 regardless of who wins the 3rd and final part. Sarah will likely go out in 3rd place.

I would lean towards a Godfrey win in this scenario but it's by no means a sure thing given a 50:50 gender split jury with Zach being a locked-in vote for Ash and another guy like JP, Kevin or Bobby possibly getting evicted from the jury before the vote.

UberTag

Final HOH Part 3 Winner -
_God_
3rd Place Finisher -
_Ash_

Yeah, I'm baffled. I think God just lost himself the game.
Hopefully he's got one heck of a speech planned and figured it was easier to have Sarah as his opponent.

Yeah I don't see this going well for him. Why on earth would you take Sarah? I was hoping someone other than her winning since it's the most boring outcome, but damn .

UberTag

This Year's Jury Advisor -
BB14 Winner Ian Terry
Jury Vote Excluded -
JP (aka Jordan) - he had voted for Sarah to win - this vote did not count

UberTag

Big Brother Canada Season 3 Winner =
Sarah Hanlon... apparently by a vote of 7-2. God received winner votes from Bobby and Bruno.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Why would we want to see more of JP anyway?
He'd just spend his entire time in the house talking about past seasons of Big Brother again.

I think he had the main narration at the beginning along with Kevin, but he's just so awkward, every time he opens his mouth he just annoys everyone now.

oh yay, showmance stuff

Yado

Uber do you think God would have won against Ash? The jurors didn't seem to perceive his game the way he hoped.

UberTag

Uber do you think God would have won against Ash? The jurors didn't seem to perceive his game the way he hoped.
Probably not. When I ranked the finalists over on Sucks this past weekend, I had him 3rd (this was after B was toast following Ash's POV win). He pinned far too much of his game on winning the jury over at the end (Q&A doesn't matter) when he really needed to start making visible moves in the house to win the jury over sooner.

That being said, I was hopeful that Ashleigh would pull an Amanda Kimmel, God would get some credit for winning the last HOH comp and that vote should have at least been much closer than the 8-2 blowout we wound up with. I believe he would have still lost by a vote of 6-4 (either 6-3 or 5-4 depending on which way JP would have swung).

A Dr. Will approach to the game (he has won 0 competitions across his two seasons) can't win a modern day Big Brother game, IMO.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I thought both Godfrey and Sarah gave pretty good answers during the questions, much better than Jon from last season, and better than the past few BBUS contestants. It helped that nobody was really salty in the jury.

So who do you think are locks from this season to return on All-Stars eventually. Kevin definitely, Britnee definitely, Godfrey and Sarah have a great shot. Nobody else really, unless production wants Zach to return for whatever reason.

UberTag

Sounds about right. Depends on whether BBCAN actually sees an All-Stars season come to fruition down the road which is by no means a guarantee.
Production was also big fans of both Sindy and Johnny given their DR exposure so I wouldn't count out a return opportunity for either of them.

The Godfrey fan in me is actually happy to have him not win tonight if it means he'll have an opportunity to come back and play again without an obvious target on his back.

Lev

It would be cool to see Kevin or JP play the game again. They were playing great games and were unfortunate victims of the twist. I could enjoy seeing Johnny or Risa coming back too.

I think Godfrey should of won but I guess the jury didn't respect Godfrey's social game enough. The twists played less of an impact on his game when compared to Sarah, which I think should of been considered more as a big deal. Oh well. :/

Yado

JP was evicted because of his own stupidity wasn't he? I don't recall a twist being involved. Anyway, he's an annoying little twerp and probably the person I'd like to see again the least.

Parch

Sarah deserved to win. I don't think Godfrey had a chance against either gal. Ashley actually salvaged her coattail rep by winning comps in the last 2 weeks, and she was the finalist that relied the least on luck. Godfrey got saved a few times, and Sarah benefited from twists. But Sarah had a solid strategy and social game. Good win.

A lot of the comps relied on show history knowledge. They have so much free time so they better spend it studying and remembering what happened during the season. They're screwed if they don't. A good memory just might be the most important Big Brother talent.

The jury tiebreaker was an interesting twist. Godfrey trying to make it random was hilarious. Good luck with that buddy. There was no way the girls were going to give up their sure bets so he had to give that up. Making JP the evicted vote was a nice slap in the face for the season's biggest arrogant idiot.

I think the twists really made the season. Of course they're not fair and end up screwing somebody, but I can't imagine how boring this season would be if this game didn't have the twists. BBCAN came up with some creative and interesting ways to shake up the game.

Overall 1 & 2 seasons were better. Too many lame duck people happy to just float and go with the house votes this year. The first two had more interesting and strategic players. Casting is really important in Big Brother. Gotta get competitors, not just floaters.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta get competitors, not just floaters.

It was looking that way early on, with the exception of Pillar. I had high expectations for Willow, she was a huge fan, and looked like one of the stronger women physically, but I think she got too comfortable with a pretty strong alliance early on.

I think the biggest problem is there was one fairly big alliance, while the rest of the house tried to quietly float along. You need two groups competing with one another, with some floaters in the middle for them to fight over.

We got that with the men vs women a bit, but that died right after the men got power, then we got Sarah/Britnee against the others for the final two weeks, but it was too late.

They need to find a way to either have less downtime between veto and voting, or do something else so votes aren't so obvious by the time they come, and we get all those stupid "house votes". Survivor still manages to have some great tribal councils and blindsides.

Parch

When Sindy came back she totally exposed the chop shop but players like Willow and Bobby kept clinging onto it like it was still relevant. They completely failed to make the adjustments.

Godfrey played the perfect under the radar game but when he was asked what big moves he made, he's got nothing. At some point you have to makes some moves to get some strategy cred. Dr. Will threw comps but still had alliances and strategy.

UberTag

When Sindy came back she totally exposed the chop shop but players like Willow and Bobby kept clinging onto it like it was still relevant. They completely failed to make the adjustments.
I beg to differ on Willow. She completely changed her game up the week Bobby was targeted and re-aligned herself well with Sarah. It's just that she got swept up in the triple eviction nonsense that followed and became an unfortunate victim of circumstance.

Parch

I beg to differ on Willow. She completely changed her game up the week Bobby was targeted and re-aligned herself well with Sarah. It's just that she got swept up in the triple eviction nonsense that followed and became an unfortunate victim of circumstance.
Yeah, Willow got the dreaded backdoor. I always thought the backdoor is a major flaw in the game. The player has no chance. But Willow still did nothing and tried to play the Godfrey floater game.

Brittney hating on Willow didn't make a lot of sense to me. It should have been an obvious 3 player alliance. That whole side of the house fighting each other didn't make a lot of sense. Meanwhile the diapers just sat back and let it happen. If it wasn't for the twists, the diapers would have dominated this game.

Lev

JP was evicted because of his own stupidity wasn't he? I don't recall a twist being involved. Anyway, he's an annoying little twerp and probably the person I'd like to see again the least.

Yes, he would of still be on the block but he might of survived that week if Sindy didn't come. Even if the votes were the same and Sarah managed to flip Bobby and Bruno's votes, like Sindy did IIRC, then there would of been a tie and Zach would obviously vote out Godfrey from the house.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Thought it was a pretty enjoyable season and Sarah definitely deserved to win. They did a great job with some pretty elaborate sets for the competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom