• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother Canada Season 3 |OT| - Premieres Monday, March 23rd at 8:00pm on Global

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

82dbc9_bffc97d7a50048d99a5756abea292127.png
twistos.png
The_Brick_logo.svg
240px-KFC_logo.svg.png

Episodes air on Wednesdays @ 9:00pm, Sundays @ 7:00pm and Mondays @ 8:00pm.
After Dark live house coverage runs daily on Slice from 3:00am Eastern / 12:00am Pacific to 6:00am Eastern / 3:00am Pacific.
Big Brother Canada Side Show airs on Slice every Thursday @ 10:00pm.

Date the houseguests entered the house = Thursday, March 19th {Day 1}
Current Day in the BB Game = The Hamsters Have Been Freed After 70 Days

Official Website
Click Here for Live Feeds - Live Feeds are Down for the Remainder of the Season
Big Brother Canada 3 on WikiPedia
Ongoing Big Brother Canada 3 Feed Summaries @ OnlineBigBrother.com
Big Brother Canada on Twitter
Big Brother Canada 3 Quotes & Spoilers on Twitter
Hamsterwatch on Twitter

Pick your favorite houseguest to root for...

THE WINNER OF BBCAN 3
SH_full_zpsadhpydfp.png

Sarah Hanlon: a free-spirited "hemployee" from Toronto and self-proclaimed grown-up version of Lisa Simpson.

She will receive a grand prize of $100,000 cash, a $25,000 gift card from The Brick and a $10,000 trip courtesy of Twistos.

THE GOD
GM1_full_zpsdgwoifn0.png

Godfrey Mangwiza: a Zimbabwe-born psychology major from Toronto who won’t stop at anything to win the $100,000.

THE JURY
AW_full_zpspwigj7yw.png
BH_full_zps3xjlhgkg.png
BB_full_zpsch0ownmr.png

BI_full_zpsk27epggn.png
KM_full_zpsfhslfy4n.png
PN_full_zps1cbiveeg.png

SN_full_zpsumjc01uo.png
WM_full_zpsuag0wbio.png
ZO_full_zpska3dnvbx.png

Ashleigh Wood: a Calgarian sweetheart from a family of seven siblings who knows how to hold her own in big groups.
Bobby Hlad: this adventure-seeking rock climbing instructor from Oakville lives at home working for the family business.
Brittnee Blair: vivacious and curvaceous, the Calgary native currently works in New York as a plus-size model.
Bruno Ielo: a construction worker and Ottawa’s first-ever houseguest competing for his wife and two sons.
Kevin Martin: this Calgary-born professional poker player will charm the pennies out of everyone's pockets.
Pilar Nemer: this sassy Mexican-born beauty grew up with 10 siblings and knows how to fight for herself.
Sindy Nguyen: if there's one thing to know about this pageant princess, it's that she's "Sindy with an "S"."
Willow MacDonald: this Nova Scotia-born tomboy recently moved to Calgary for work, fun, and plenty of adventure.
Zach Oleynik: an ambitious pre-med student and quarterback for the University of Regina’s football team.

UberTag

Some amusing video game-related notes pertaining to this season's contestants...

Jordan Parhar Pre-Game Interview
If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be and why?

I would take my PlayStation® 4 in with me. She keeps me entertained, she’s easy to turn on, she does anything I want, and she doesn’t get mad me. She’s always there for me. I play a lot of video games.
Also, Bruno Ielo refers to himself in his intro video as a "world class gamer"... whatever that is. I don't know of too many people on GAF that refer to themselves as world class gamers.

Initial vibe from this season's contestants is that the guys all seem to be self-proclaimed fanboys who plan to lie about their occupations and the girls all seem to be pleasant and anti-bullying. Not as many people this year talking about throwing comps pre-season. We'll see how those boasts hold up in the house (today is Day 2).

Only Pilar seems like dead weight based on pre-season interviews... which, given the number of gamers in the house, likely means she'll be carried along as a vote for a long time unless she's insanely annoying. I would predict Sindy as a likely boot for next Wednesday if I'm taking a stab in the dark blind.

Parch

I'll give it a watch.

Age diversity non-existent again. Two people in their 30's, one in their 40's probably destined to be the mother figure, so it's another house full of 20-somethings doing their thing.

That formula does seem to work though. First two seasons of BBCAN were very entertaining. It's virtually impossible that this group can be worse than the last two seasons of BBUS.

Holmes

In!

Not making any judgements on the houseguests until I've watched them for a week or two on the feeds. I want Risha to be the hbic though.

Ashleigh looks like a blonde Rachelle. Pilar looks like Kaitlin. Sarah looks like Nicole. Craig looks like Macklemore.

UberTag

Age diversity non-existent again. Two people in their 30's, one in their 40's probably destined to be the mother figure, so it's another house full of 20-somethings doing their thing.[
The real problem is that the occasional 30 and 40-something person they've been casting hasn't been great.
Almost invariably someone that isn't self-aware and lacks a strong social game.
You could make a bit of an argument for Sarah before she got unraveled by Kenny confiding in her but even she's debatable at a young 32.

That formula does seem to work though. First two seasons of BBCAN were very entertaining. It's virtually impossible that this group can be worse than the last two seasons of BBUS.
No question about that. BBUS has been atrocious since Ian won in 2012.

Here are some shots of the new "steampunk" house this season... it's a bit of an eyesore.

bbca.jpg

bbcb.jpg

bbcc.jpg

bbcd.jpg

bbce.jpg

bbcf.jpg

bbcg.jpg

big-brother-canada-3-house-1246.jpg

big-brother-canada-3-house-12451.jpg

big-brother-canada-3-house-264981.jpg

big-brother-canada-3-house-1132131.jpg

big-brother-canada-3-house-1248.jpg

Some spoilers are out there already about who the first HoH is and who the nominees are.

Waiting for Legend H(eather)'s approval on what contestant I'll blindly worship this season. Ashleigh or Pilar are my guesses. Naeha will be my side bae.

UberTag

Dénouement;156797083 said:
Some spoilers are out there already about who the first HoH is and who the nominees are.
Might as well throw this out there for those who are curious. Frankly, I'm not at all surprised by these.

First HOH Winner -
Everybody (aka House Noms)
On the Block -
___Risha___
and
___Sindy___

Apparently, the POV comp was not shown during last night's live audience taping but will be shown during Monday's premiere episode.
And Canada is voting for the first eviction. I'm not thrilled by that news at all. Canada sucks.

I hope this cast delivers, not really feeling it from impressions so far. However casting has been great for Canada so far for the past two seasons . I'll probably find my people within the week. That house though is hideous. lol

Parch

The real problem is that the occasional 30 and 40-something person they've been casting hasn't been great.
Almost invariably someone that isn't self-aware and lacks a strong social game.
You could make a bit of an argument for Sarah before she got unraveled by Kenny confiding in her but even she's debatable at a young 32.
yup. Token throw-ins destined to be isolated quickly and early evictions. Probably the same thing this year.
I do think because of the after hours coverage they want a same-age group that get along and will be more likely to party and have fun.

UberTag

yup. Token throw-ins destined to be isolated quickly and early evictions. Probably the same thing this year.
I do think because of the after hours coverage they want a same-age group that get along and will be more likely to party and have fun.
It's sound logic. However, there's no reason they can't cast down-to-earth oldsters that enjoy partying with 20-somethings and are veritable night owls.
Would be better than casting fodder that won't even make the jury house.

Both the nominees upset me because
both noms being girls suggests the girls may already not be so tight knit, and Risha and Cindy seem like they would both provide a lot of entertainment.

Is s the same crap as before where it starts on Global and then goes over to the crappy Slice channel for the rest? Or is Slice just there for the after dark stuff now?

UberTag

Is s the same crap as before where it starts on Global and then goes over to the crappy Slice channel for the rest? Or is Slice just there for the after dark stuff now?
Just Slice for After Dark and the Sideshow. Global gets all of the weekly broadcasts now.

Dénouement;156799486 said:
Both the nominees upset me because
both noms being girls suggests the girls may already not be so tight knit, and Risha and Cindy seem like they would both provide a lot of entertainment.
<gasp>
You spelled Sindy's name with a 'C' instead of an 'S'. You are now her sworn enemy for life.

I wouldn't read too much into house dynamics based on the initial noms as they were cast Night 1 based on initial impressions.

UberTag

do they show nudity on the versions that air outside the US?

for a friend
There are always feed leaks but nothing risque get shown during the actual BB Canada episodes.

They certainly weren't shy about showing Allison's handjob of Andrew during last season's feeds.
But typically they'll switch cameras if someone's towel falls off or something.

In case anyone's curious, looks like last season's star player Neda has opened up her own thread on Survivor Sucks and will be passing along commentary on the feeds once they go live. Ian showed up there periodically to share his own observations during last season as well.

Holmes

What happened to Brian Lynch? Too problematic? Is Rob actually gonna do the bare minimum and watch the feeds this year?

UberTag

What happened to Brian Lynch? Too problematic? Is Rob actually gonna do the bare minimum and watch the feeds this year?
In fact it seems like the opposite is happening.
Neither Rob or Mike will be watching the feeds.
He instead is recruiting live feed reporters.

Parch

ET Canada had a preview show for BB3. Just a brief intro of the contestants and a tour of the house. What gaudy nightmare that place is now. They also had hype from past winners. Jon and Neda are a couple now living together.

I know about the some twists, and....
I'm not crazy about Canada deciding on who gets evicted. The survivor aspect of the house voting on nominations is cool, but I'm really hoping they contain the twist to just the first couple weeks, otherwise this will be another boring copy of BBUK.

In fact it seems like the opposite is happening.
Neither Rob or Mike will be watching the feeds.
He instead is recruiting live feed reporters.

That suuucks. Brian was what made the show so informative. Too bad he can't get his off-camera crap together. Hopefully the show will still holdup without him.

GeeDuhb

I am pumped for this to start tomorrow! I will probably try to post here frequently because the site I usually post on has been pretty dead during BBCan the last 2 seasons.

Anyway, another twist spoiler for anyone else interested...
Apparently when they entered the house, it was empty...furniture, personal belongings, etc. were locked away in a vault (which appears to be in the secret room from last season.) They will apparently have to earn/unlock to vault. I also read somewhere that "everything will have a price" this season, so take that for what its worth.

Incidentally, in case anyone wants to relive the best moment from last season, here you go.

My god that was fantastic. Easily the best moment last season.

Also, too bad a VPN is needed for feeds this season. :/ Hoping someone comes up with a free alternative, but I'll bite if necessary.

Apparently Zach made this tweet a little after the first BB Canada ended. I have to admit, as a non-Peter fan this made me giggle.

This is great. Zach is already promising.

Not happy with those noms. I kinda like what little I've seen of Risha, so hopefully she's not booted.

GeeDuhb

BOOOOOO, apparently the feeds are not going live until after the eviction on Wednesday. That sucks...

My god that was fantastic. Easily the best moment last season.

Also, too bad a VPN is needed for feeds this season. :/ Hoping someone comes up with a free alternative, but I'll bite if necessary.

I have been using DotVPN (free version) to watch the interview videos on the Global site and it has worked pretty well so far. Still remains to be seen how it will hold up with the feeds, but that would be my first recommendation.

Dénouement;156797083 said:
Waiting for Legend H(eather)'s approval on what contestant I'll blindly worship this season. Ashleigh or Pilar are my guesses. Naeha will be my side bae.

hihihihih Heather named these three (plus Cindy and Craig) as her favourites. I'm sticking with Pilar.

edit: ugh Ika shredding the letters is so amazing. That and "DOES EVERYONE WANT SOME GOOD FUCKING TV? IS THAT WHAT THEY WANT?" are my highlights for the 2nd season.

iblYlSQsOVqB5H.gif

edit2: and the heather gifs ofc

ibvTMufdnl4RCY.gif

UberTag

I hate that guy.
Is there any word on who is going to be on Side Show this year? I've had enough of Peter and Gary.
Sadly Slice has not had enough of Peter and Gary.
Which is why they're coming back.
And which is ultimately why I will not be watching the Side Show.

TeegsD

So, I heard S1 of Canada BB was great but then S2 was meh. What do, GAF? I need my BB fix and waiting for the mediocrity that is US BB is becoming too great.

I have no hope there will be anything as Ikonic as the letter shredding scene. Based on the interviews, I really like this loony Pillar girl and Brittnee.

So, I heard S1 of Canada BB was great but then S2 was meh. What do, GAF? I need my BB fix and waiting for the mediocrity that is US BB is becoming too great.

Season 2 was great!

Who told you this? S2 was really good.

People say there can already be an All-Stars season for BBCan just with the amount of amazing characters in these first two seasons.

TeegsD

I have no hope there will be anything as Ikonic as the letter shredding scene. Based on the interviews, I really like this loony Pillar girl and Brittnee.

Season 2 was great!

Dénouement;157149262 said:
Who told you this? S2 was really good.

People say there can already be an All-Stars season for BBCan just with the amount of amazing characters in these first two seasons.

Well now I feel like an idiot cause I could've sworn I was reading that while the last season of US BB was going on. hmm, now I kinda wanna watch through S2

I have been using DotVPN (free version) to watch the interview videos on the Global site and it has worked pretty well so far. Still remains to be seen how it will hold up with the feeds, but that would be my first recommendation.

Aren't free VPNs kind of sketchy? That's what I've always been lead to believe, so I'm a bit hesitant to jump in.

Dénouement;157149262 said:

Kassting gets flack during every season of BBUS, but BBCan has shown that they know how to pick excellent people for reality tv. While I certainly don't love all the characters, both seasons have all around strong casts.

UberTag

Kassting gets flack during every season of BBUS, but BBCan has shown that they know how to pick excellent people for reality tv. While I certainly don't love all the characters, both seasons have all around strong casts.
I blame Grodner for BBUS being largely terrible of late moreso than Kassting.
It's a shame that Devin got bounced after two weeks as that guy was reality TV gold.
That season went to complete pot as soon as he got bounced.

Parch

Well now I feel like an idiot cause I could've sworn I was reading that while the last season of US BB was going on. hmm, now I kinda wanna watch through S2
That might have been me. I preferred season 1 over season 2 but they're both good.
The problem with season 1 was the production growing pains. Alisa didn't seem totally comfortable hosting and some of the competitions weren't well thought out and they ended up with cheating controversy. Production did a much better job in season 2.

calder

Huh I guess I'll be watching for a while, one of the contestants is my coworker. Let's see how long he lasts!

calder

Ok I've never watched this show before, but why the hell does this house look like some weird millionaire Dr Who superfan's basement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom