• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother Canada Season 4 |OT| - Double Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jared is one of my least favourite reality show contestants in a while, and I say this in a season with Scott and Jason on Survivor. Jared is boring, self righteous, snobby, and that stuffed up nose voice drives me CRAZY.

NYR

This episode had such a shitty edit, it was obvious Phil had a shaved head in his DR sessions, zero drama as a result.

Case having that winning gameplay, but I find it hard to see Tim not winning his thing - well liked in jury, and in the house.

NYR

Jared is one of my least favourite reality show contestants in a while, and I say this in a season with Scott and Jason on Survivor. Jared is boring, self righteous, snobby, and that stuffed up nose voice drives me CRAZY.
Jared has some serious emotional issues - it's gonna haunt him over him in his 20s, he's going to look back some of the shit he did in his 20s and feel like an ass.

UberTag

So we're down to our final 6 players... technically 5 'cause the Paqs brothers count as one.

EVICTION NIGHT 9 HOH SPOILERS -
___Kelsey___

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I can't believe the brothers almost nominated themselves tonight. They really are the stupidest players ever.

I can't believe the brothers almost nominated themselves tonight. They really are the stupidest players ever.

I'm not sure I buy that. They just wanted a dramatic moment so they could look righteous and selfless and awesome in front of Canada, and were waiting for Arisa to tell them it was against the rules so they couldn't do it.

Although, I'm not sure they're clever enough to think that up. They are pretty dumb lol.

Parch

They just wanted a dramatic moment so they could look righteous and selfless and awesome in front of Canada, and were waiting for Arisa to tell them it was against the rules so they couldn't do it.
And pissed that Cassandra didn't do what they wanted. Couple of stupid drama queens trying to out drama the princess.

So stupid to save Tim. Cassandra is the worst. I've grown to dislike everybody in this house so the only player that I would slightly like to win this is Joel. If Cassandra or Kelsey win this it would be terrible.

LOL at Jared out the door because he didn't want to get a haircut. What a douche.

Regarding what could happen this week due to who is HOH:

I wonder if Kelsey and the Brothers are savvy enough to realize that there is a chance the Bros go home this week. If Joel wins Veto and uses it, the Bros have to be nominated and WILL be evicted

UberTag

Regarding what could happen this week due to who is HOH:

I wonder if Kelsey and the Brothers are savvy enough to realize that there is a chance the Bros go home this week. If Joel wins Veto and uses it, the Bros have to be nominated and WILL be evicted
That would certainly be an entertaining outcome. Depends on what tomorrow's challenge winds up being, naturally.

NOMINATION SPOILERS -
This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone but Cass and Tim are going up on the block together.

MBison

That would certainly be an entertaining outcome. Depends on what tomorrow's challenge winds up being, naturally.

NOMINATION SPOILERS -
This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone but Cass and Tim are going up on the block together.

Aie well I hope
Cass
can survive.

whelp,
.....Tim......
won veto, I guess
Cass........
is toast.

Interesting spoiler for any Amazing Race fans who also watch BBCAN, there are apparently a couple of BBCAN players on Amazing Race Canada 4 as a team
Emmett and Jillian

NYR

A fitting end to this dumpster fire of a season.
lol yep. I'm sorry to say BBCAN is a flop, there has only been 1 good season in my opinion, and it was the first.

Just a countdown to the US version, which has promised that there were no house guests pre-casted this year, all auditioned.

UberTag

I consider Season 2 of BBCAN to be pretty solid. Season 1 was somewhat tainted for me with Gary's inexcusably late return and Topaz's botched vote (which, admittedly, made for an iconic reality TV moment). Season 3 was pretty bad apart from Godfrey. And I'd be hard-pressed to think of a single good moment from this season (although I do think BBCAN competitions are often more clever and creative than those in the US version).

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I consider Season 2 of BBCAN to be pretty solid. Season 1 was somewhat tainted for me with Gary's inexcusably late return and Topaz's botched vote (which, admittedly, made for an iconic reality TV moment). Season 3 was pretty bad apart from Godfrey. And I'd be hard-pressed to think of a single good moment from this season (although I do think BBCAN competitions are often more clever and creative than those in the US version).

BBCAN2 was great, a ton of fantastic characters.

BBCAN has always been good about creating some light hearted stuff too. Like Joel and Nikki's wedding this season, it's just a shame their twists are almost always stupid.

Ika's decision will always go down as one of the best BB moments ever though, we need more stuff like that.

Parch

Sheesh. They spend the first 15 minutes recapping the double eviction. Then it was... You're a liar! No you're the liar! The drama queen brothers are up to full speed now.

I don't know if this season is as bad as some of the american ones, but it's pretty bad.

The brothers are so full of shit and so hard to watch with their stupidity and their delusional self righteousness. Watching them scream at Tim and Cass like 12-year-old bullies was beyond cringeworthy. I want them to get to the final 2 and lose....by a LOT....and then this trainwreck of a season will be partially redeemed, Like watching Frankie's face when he found out he wasn't in the top 3 of America's favourite player :p

UberTag

LIVE FEED UPDATE - 5/3

Seems like we've had some next-level Big Brother gameplay going on (finally) today and Cass may be talking her way out of getting evicted. Seems like Joel's only campaign play has been to play the pity card and it hasn't been resonating with the rest of the house especially when Cass has outright stated (even in front of Tim) that she will cut him if he's on the block against Kelsey or the Brothers for her own game.

All Joel seems to want to do is talk about self-evicting like a loser. This decision ultimately comes down to Kelsey and she got evicted from this game once under Joel's watch whereas Cass only evicted her boyfriend.

UberTag

http://marshaforhoh.tumblr.com/post/143795974915/jury-house-thoughts-on-the-final-five

Here's the 5 jury members talking about the final five. Thank God this seems to confirm that the Brothers have zero respect and zero chance of winning.
But Phil keeps telling us he's playing the best game since Derrick. How could he possibly be wrong?

Thing is, they're probably at least locked in for Final 3 because Nick is the biggest comp beast left in the house and he's got comp duty next week. Plus, the rest of the house ought to recognize how beatable they are right now, too. Heck, I think everyone still watching wants the brothers around for the vote at the end so Phil can be properly humbled.

Also, unless things change,
Joel will be evicted tomorrow night. Seems like it'll be unanimous now.

Joel's "Campaign" Meeting from Earlier This Evening...
it did not go well

Big-Brother-Canada-4-2016-05-04-15-41-20-520.jpg

Big-Brother-Canada-4-2016-05-04-15-34-59-321.jpg

Big-Brother-canada-4-2016-05-04-15-50-46-627.jpg

UberTag

^
lol

This season might just be saved.
If we get a Cass or Tim blowout jury win against the Brothers, I think it'll have redeemed itself from its unfortunate casting missteps. We've still got a ways to go to get there, however.

Godfrey was one of the best, most entertaining Big Brother contestants around. Shame there weren't any noteworthy players like him this season.

UberTag

Godfrey was one of the best, most entertaining Big Brother contestants around. Shame there weren't any noteworthy players like him this season.
If he doesn't get an invite back for a hypothetical all-stars season, it'll be a crime. I just want to see him and Adel in the house together.

I still can't get over that house meeting Joel had.
He was literally burying himself by citing hypothetical moves he planned to make in the past and would likely make in the future. How the hell do you allow that to happen in Big Brother? It's tough enough smoothing over the damage from stuff you actually do let alone the things you contemplated only to yourself. Cripes.

UberTag

EVICTION NIGHT 10 HOH SPOILERS

I sort of expected this but...
Nick won HOH for the Brothers.
Also, Joel was indeed evicted 2-0. The Paq Bros are locked in for Final 3, veto winner decides who to cut from the others.
Also, not a surprise, but the viewers will get a jury vote in light of Ramsey taking a walk and leaving the jury with an even number of voters.

NYR

EVICTION NIGHT 10 HOH SPOILERS

I sort of expected this but...
Nick won HOH for the Brothers.
Also, Joel was indeed evicted 2-0. The Paq Bros are locked in for Final 3, veto winner decides who to cut from the others.
Also, not a surprise, but the viewers will get a jury vote in light of Ramsey taking a walk and leaving the jury with an even number of voters.
God damn. Someone is going to win via a sweep against
the bros.

UberTag

God damn. Someone is going to win via a sweep against
the bros.
Yep, there's no longer any mystery about that. You can pencil them in for the finale.
All that matters now are the POV comp this week and the final comp at the end.

Presumably, the Brothers like Cass the least and Kelsey the most out of everyone that's left so I would still say Cass is the big underdog right now. The Brothers have won SIX competitions (mainly by Nick) compared to two each for Cass and Tim and Kelsey's single HOH competition victory so they have to be the expected favorites to win any competition.

My gut tells me that Cass leaves on Wednesday (she will unless either her or Tim win veto). Kelsey will win on finale night unless Tim manages to pull out a win in the final 3 HOH competition.

UberTag

POV WINNER -
Nick's dominance in competitions continues unabated... as he has won POV. Which leaves Kelsey with the sole deciding vote on whether Cass or Tim join her and the Brothers in the Final 3.

Seems highly likely that Kelsey wins the season now... which would make her the first "evicted" houseguest to return to the game and WIN a season in North American Big Brother history.
She plans to take Jared on a fun vacation with her winnings. Won't that be swell?

UberTag

The live feeds are now off for the remainder of the season.

Surprise eviction this afternoon means that Cass is likely already en route to the jury house. She was isolating herself from the others prior to the announcement from Arisa.
Tim will need to manage to pull out an improbable win in the final HOH competition against Kelsey and Phil. Otherwise, Kelsey will win Big Brother Canada 4.

NYR

If
Kelsey
wins, I'm done with this show. A
twist
leading to a win is a pure taint.

If Kelsey is in the final 2, I'm sure she won't get Canada's vote at least, as she couldn't even win a vote about her stupid showmance kiss. If she's in the final 2 with the Brothers, I see her getting every other vote with the possible exception of Maddy, who still sounds like she despises her. She will be the worst winner of any version of Big Brother I've seen, and one of the most unlikable, and STILL preferable to watching those dumbass dramaqueen Brothers have their delusions validated.

UberTag

If Kelsey is in the final 2, I'm sure she won't get Canada's vote at least, as she couldn't even win a vote about her stupid showmance kiss. If she's in the final 2 with the Brothers, I see her getting every other vote with the possible exception of Maddy, who still sounds like she despises her. She will be the worst winner of any version of Big Brother I've seen, and one of the most unlikable, and STILL preferable to watching those dumbass dramaqueen Brothers have their delusions validated.
Hopefully Tim manages to win the final HOH competition then. Because absolutely nothing you said is wrong.
That being said, Kelsey or the Brothers winning BBCAN 4 is arguably the outcome this season and the producers deserve.

UberTag

Just a final reminder... tomorrow night's finale kicks off at 7:00pm Eastern / 6:00pm Central. If you tune in at 8 o'clock, you're going to miss out on the first hour.

THE FINAL THREE (OR FOUR)
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0018_Brothers.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0011_KF.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0017_WC1_TD.png

Kelsey Faith - This free-spirited sweetheart is looking to make new friends, and wants to win without getting any blood on her hands.
Nicholas and Philippe Paquette - The outspoken brothers from Ottawa will play as one houseguest, and these charmers plan to do whatever it takes to win.
Tim Dormer - Unique and energetic, Tim's greatest challenge will be keeping himself out of mischief and off the chopping block.

THE JURY
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0013_CS.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0005_JK.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0004_JL.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0003_MP.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0010_MM.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0015_WC3_NG.png
Houseguest_Desk_Zoomed_0000_RM.png

Cassandra Shahinfar - This sassy attention seeker is ready to make the other houseguests do her dirty work - both in the game and in the house.
Jared Kesler - This polite pipeline worker is a brawny sweetheart who will charm the pants off all of the houseguests.
Joel Lefevre - His likable disposition and nerdy attitude will let him fly under the radar until he needs to shift into gear to take the win.
Maddy Pavle - Strong and confidant is how she’ll play the game. She’s fun, she’s witty, and she is not afraid to get dirty.
Mitchell Moffitt - A self-proclaimed ringleader, this successful YouTube personality and scientist will use his social prowess to be a master social strategist.
Nikki Grahame - Adventurous, brave, and loyal, Nikki doesn’t play Big Brother with any sort of strategy in mind, and just enjoys the experience and people while she’s in the house.
Raul Manriquez - Funny and social, Raul is here for the experience. He plans to avoid strategizing and just wants to go with the flow.
PLUS The Final Evicted Houseguest AND Canada's Vote

Click here to vote for who you feel is deserving (or perhaps vote against whom you feel is least deserving) of the Big Brother Canada 4 winner's title!

This post over on Survivor Sucks made me smile...

Penelope McBagpipe said:
I can honestly say as a big brother fan this is the first time I'm bowing out of the finale. This is an embarrassment for Canada and the big brother franchise as a whole.

The brothers are useless morons who tried to self evict (too bad for that cockblock) and are as interesting as the mole on my left knee.

Kelsey is the most personality void human I've seen on any reality show in the history of man. I could put some cute eyelashes on a turnip and it would be more entertaining to look at.

And Tim. Really. For one he would have been ousted on week two if it was bbus. Because ummm he's not even from the same country. But that's not even the point. He's so fucking magnanimous about his perfection it's vomit inducing. If he doesn't win he'll make it clear that it's because he's kind hearted and chose to throw it.

As soon as Cassandra was evicted tonight I shut the tv off. I hope bbcan is canceled next year for this absolute eye roller of a season. This is the worst season x a million in the history of every country who has ever played.

I officially denounce my Canadian citizenship and am moving to Sierra Leone over this debacle. I hope they have bb over there.

I gagged a little bit during Kelsey's Q and A where she was attributing her success to her innovative strategy of being a super nice person. Or how about the Brothers crowing about their amazing social game that made them not have to lie. This has got to be the most delusional, self-absorbed final 3 of any reality show ever.

I went to the BBCAN website, threw a few votes Tim's way just in case a miracle happens, and was going to hate vote for Kelsey against the Brothers....and I just couldn't bring myself to have any hand in helping her get money or helping Jared get the vacation she'll take him on. Besides, she has no ghost chance in hell of winning Canada's vote.

UberTag

I gagged a little bit during Kelsey's Q and A where she was attributing her success to her innovative strategy of being a super nice person. Or how about the Brothers crowing about their amazing social game that made them not have to lie. This has got to be the most delusional, self-absorbed final 3 of any reality show ever.

I went to the BBCAN website, threw a few votes Tim's way just in case a miracle happens, and was going to hate vote for Kelsey against the Brothers....and I just couldn't bring myself to have any hand in helping her get money or helping Jared get the vacation she'll take him on. Besides, she has no ghost chance in hell of winning Canada's vote.
Most likely scenario has Tim losing the final HOH competition, Kelsey losing Canada's vote (possibly not winning a single part of that HOH comp) and still slaughtering the brothers in the jury vote. Probably by a vote of 7-2... or 6-3.

The final HOH competition is apparently over and
To the shock of noone Tim lost and was evicted. Somewhat surprisingly though, Kelsey won parts 2 and 3 apparently. So she has some ammo to fight against the Bros' comp beast argument. Not that she needs it to beat such weak competition. Gimmick vs gimmick, who will prevail, and can the show survive the most awful ending in franchise history? Methinks BBCAN all stars might be fast tracked for next season. And I don't expect to see many invites from this crop of contestants.

Edit winner spoiler:
THE BROTHERS WON the season. OK, this is a shit-tier season. But I'm not sad to see Kelsey lose, it's not like she's much better. Apparently she only got her 2 Third Wheel votes.

NYR

Do the right thing - do not let an evicted houseguest win. Bros dominated comps, give them the win.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
These three are are giving the most pathetic answers ever, shame the jury had to vote for one of them to win.

Kelsey basically just saying she was at summer camp, and the brothers don't have a real answer for anything.

NYR

lol, Phil giving that dumb ass twin from the US version a run for her money as worst finale answers ever.

UberTag

Man, they won't even do the finale off tape-delay?
And the Brothers won instead of being shredded by the jury? That's even worse.
What a disaster of an outcome.

NYR

lol @ Kelsey blaming Cass for being a dumb bimbo with a shitty speech. Go away evicted recruit.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Man, they won't even do the finale off tape-delay?
And the Brothers won instead of being shredded by the jury? That's even worse.
What a disaster of an outcome.

I mean, both of them kind of got shredded by everyone but Jared and Raul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom