• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2014 |OT| Forget Thanksgiving, Black Friday starts after Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

Only bought a Bluray player for $50 (normally 120), HTTYD 2 for $10, and a new electric razor for $55 (normally $150).

I put off upgrades on my PC and TV until next year.

This year felt kind of disappointing. Last year was all the crazy hype due to walmarts errors but this year most of the stuff was selling for the crazy hype stuff last year. TV market in general continues its price downward spiral so while there was some interesting deals a lot of it was so what.

Game wise I feel it was a terrible year.

The problem with games is that the B2G1 Target sale is a week or so before it, and those prices in general are better AND you are not limited to the titles on sales. So by the time BF rolls around.... I have all my games.

overcast

After all was said and done:
-Alien Isolation, Evil Within, and Dualshock 4 ($29 all together after gift cards)
-Gravity Blu ($4)
-Indiana Jones: Last Crusade + Raiders Blu ($10)
-The Town Blu ($4)
-Django Unchained Blu(Free, they didn't scan it?)
-Theatrythm ($16)
-Criterion Collection: Thief ($15)
-Criterion Collection: Jules and Jim ($15)
-Wii U Pro Controller ($40)
-Star Wars Episodes 4-6 Blu ($30)

I found literally the last Wii U controller at the second Target I tried late tonight. Really happy about that. Successful and very easy Black Friday, I showed up late and didn't wait in any big lines. I'll probably get another Criterion movie cause 15 for one is insane.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
This year felt kind of disappointing. Last year was all the crazy hype due to walmarts errors but this year most of the stuff was selling for the crazy hype stuff last year. TV market in general continues its price downward spiral so while there was some interesting deals a lot of it was so what.

Game wise I feel it was a terrible year.
Way better deals on hard drives, tablets, routers and laptops though.

Fjordson

After all was said and done:
-Alien Isolation, Evil Within, and Dualshock 4 ($29 all together after gift cards)
-Gravity Blu ($4)
-Indiana Jones: Last Crusade + Raiders Blu ($10)
-The Town Blu ($4)
-Django Unchained Blu(Free, they didn't scan it?)
-Theatrythm ($16)
-Criterion Collection: Thief ($15)
-Criterion Collection: Jules and Jim ($15)
-Wii U Pro Controller ($40)
-Star Wars Episodes 4-6 Blu ($30)

I found literally the last Wii U controller at the second Target I tried late tonight. Really happy about that. Successful and very easy Black Friday, I showed up late and didn't wait in any big lines. I'll probably get another Criterion movie cause 15 for one is insane.
Nice haul mang. lol @ Django being free.

And Thief criterion
aqDwC.png
one of their best releases.

Diablos

Snagged two copies of Gravity for $4.

I went to Target, Best Buy, OfficeMax, Walmart... didn't really see anything compelling anywhere. Although I would have to say Target had the best showing. Best Buy was a joke.

The Xbone bundle was nice but I don't want a new console yet and would rather get a PS4 anyway.

kmfdmpig

Did not fixate on shopping, but still took advantage of some deals for things I needed to buy anyway:
Sofa
HTTYD Blu Ray - $10
Toys for daughter (on sale at Target)
Archer C7 Router - $60
Book for sister (used the Amazon coupon)

T Dollarz

42" LG TV - $350
Shadow of Mordor - $25

Ton of blurays:
12 Years A Slave
Noah
Enemy
Prisoners
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
The Princess Bride
The Avengers
Gravity
Godzilla
Gangs of New York
Killing Them Softly

TxdoHawk

Bought a Magic Flight Launch Box for $69.99 shipped. Couldn't say no at that price.

Between that and a $6 three-pack of socks, easily the most I've spent on Black Friday in four or five years. (Technically the MFLB was bought this morning, but it was still listed as a "Black Friday" deal, so I'm counting it.)

Kwixotik

I accidentally had my PS4 shipped to my parents' house. I'm there right now, but leaving tomorrow. The PS4 arrived in town 5 hours ago, but it's not scheduled to be delivered until Monday. That means I won't get it until the next time they come visit me.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I accidentally had my PS4 shipped to my parents' house. I'm there right now, but leaving tomorrow. The PS4 arrived in town 5 hours ago, but it's not scheduled to be delivered until Monday. That means I won't get it until the next time they come visit me.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Why don't they send it to you?

Snagged two copies of Gravity for $4.

I went to Target, Best Buy, OfficeMax, Walmart... didn't really see anything compelling anywhere. Although I would have to say Target had the best showing. Best Buy was a joke.

The Xbone bundle was nice but I don't want a new console yet and would rather get a PS4 anyway.
What? Best Buy was way better than Target plus having Gamers Club made Best Buy even better. They had the best deals on games and movies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I don't want to pay for shipping and I doubt they would either lol. Plus, I have enough school work this week that I doubt I'd get much time with it.

Oh, you will see them in a few weeks? When I read what you wrote, I thought it would be 6 months or more.

Salex_

jadedm17

Nah, haha. I'll see them soon. It's not a big deal, I'm just bad at waiting.
I moved recently and my ps4 broke during the move. It's at the shipping center now. Bonus is I've not had a job since I moved November 1st so I've had a ton of free time. I'm trying to say I feel your pain.

I'm looking at TVs in the low $300 range and I'm not sure what to get. Here's what I'm currently considering.
I've always had bad luck with Samsung but I love my LG. At $9 a year to run I feel like that's a great option. Honestly though for the price, size and brands you'll probably be great with any of those.

benzy

Is this a pretty good deal?

http://www.staples.com/ASUS-TP300LD...Memory-500GB-Storage-Intel-i5/product_1373643

Intel® i5-4210U
6GB memory and 500GB HDD
13.3" LED-backlit high-definition widescreen display featuring flip design for instant transformation into tablet or presentation mode
NVIDIA GT820M Discrete Graphics with 2GB Graphics Memory: Gives you the power to watch your favorite HD videos with crisp imagery, view and edit even the smallest details of your photos and smoothly play today’s modern games.
Built-in high-definition webcam with microphone: Makes it easy to video chat with friends, family or clients.
SD card reader
2 USB 3.0 ports and 1 USB 2.0 port: Transfer digital video, audio and data with ease. Enjoy the USB 3.0 that's ten times faster than USB 2.0, allowing you to save photos, transfer music and open multi-gigabyte video files in a fraction of the time with compatible storage.
Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11bgn + BT) with Bluetooth 4.0
Windows 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom