• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2014 |OT| Forget Thanksgiving, Black Friday starts after Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-Det

How late is Target open until tonight anyway? I know Best Buy is open until 1.

They close at 11 tonight. Target, I mean.

I think it might depend on your Target? Just checked the hours online for my local store and it says "Thanksgiving - We will be open from 6:00 PM on Thurs 11/27/14 until 11:00 PM on Fri 11/28/14.", which I take to mean they'll be open all night long. Might be wrong though.

Office Depot/Officemax has the HP Stream 7 for $80. Out of stock for shipping though so you have to check your local store. This is a moot point but people earlier were getting it for $60 because paypal had a targeted $20 off any purchase at Office Depot coupon for some people.

Should have bought it, had it in my cart for $65... hesitated and forgot about it for a bit and by then it was all gone.

Chuck

Still without luck
fturuLr.jpg

This is my thanksgiving dinner. Thanks Black Friday.

we need to get you a new job, huelen

I'm looking for a 1 or 2 TB portable HDD (no external power). Any online deals?

Although the SD card included option was tempting, this was the cheapest 2TB portable HD I could find. I purchase these like candy when they are onsale. I use them as storage for my D800e's RAW files while on vacation. I then sort out the keepers then offload the pictures I want to post process on my NAS and put the RAW files on the portable drive into my storage closet never to be spun up again unless I need to (to consolidate photos from different trips).

http://www.hhgregg.com/toshiba-2tb-3-0-black-portable-hard-drive/item/HDTB220XK3CA

$79.99 2TB Toshiba Canvio Portable HD

Went to a local Target at like 9pm - not many people were there, was able to pop in and grab the Pyrex deal for my lady, and Diablo 3 (PS4) and Mad Men - Final Season, Part 1 for me.

An enjoyable time.

Checked out another shopping center near by with a Best Buy and a Target - total fucking mess. Definitely know the path to go for future Black Fridays.

Here's a great deal for anyone needing some memory for the DSLR:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IF4O9CI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

64GB Compact Flash 800x

I've been using this memory for my D800e and have 6 of them currently (and just ordered 2 more) and have never had a lost file. 800x isn't the fastest these days (1066x is); but, this is still plenty fast to keep my buffer clear unless I fire off an extreme number of brackets in the highest FPS.

LosDaddie

Banned
Took my 1yr old son with me to Target tonight (around 7:45pm). Scored a great haul. My Christmas shopping is nearly done (scored Infamous SS for $21 and Shadows of Mordor for $25 from Amazon earlier today), but I'm going out again tomorrow with family.

Haul:
Edge of Tomorrow bluray $6
Training Dragons bluray $10
Godzilla bluray $9
Disney Infinity PS4 $40
Brave Infinity figure $10
Bunch of clothes for me/family at 40% off.

Ended up spending $185 with a savings of $132. The only item I missed out on was the 29" HDTV for $80, which would've been for our bedroom.

The crowd wasn't bad at all. Actually not much busier than a regular Sat.

Exokell

Banned
Got evga gtx980 sc for 479, iPad mini 2 for 200 and bunch of stuff for family. Feeling good. Just need to get a 4k monitor for cheap

Best Buy's broken website has prevented me from getting the X1 controller I want so no shopping done so far. I took screw shots of all the errors I was getting across the multiple devices and plan on going in on Monday when I am back near a BB to try and get a reduced price.

Anyway, I'm going to head to GameStop/Wal-Mart/Kohls tomorrow to see what I can find. Not expecting much but you never know.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Not a price mistake, it's actually in Walmart's Black Friday ad. I just bought Guardians for 9.96 and the whole family is about to watch it, and it's not even out on Blu-ray for a couple more weeks. Rock on.
Ah great, that makes sense.
I still find it somewhat odd that it's not mentioned anywhere on Vudu's site though.

Bummed about missing HTTYD2 for $10 at BB. Do you guys think Amazon will price match it?
It's on Amazon's deals calendar at the 29th/30th for 9.99, so yes? :p

I saw some people mentioning that the digital HD version of Guardians of the Galaxy with special features is $10 on VUDU. It is also $10 on Amazon at the moment.
Nice.
Mind that if you link Vudu with Disney Movies Anywhere, you also get the movie there and in any other service that is linked as well (iTunes, Google Play).

Roge_NES

Got the Indiana Jones movies for $4 each at Walmart.

Anyone knows who has a good deal on Advanced Warfare for PS4?

Microsoft store has it for $40 but Xbone only.

reKon

Banned
I need to know if should just go with that router or wait for Monday. I've been reading up on good routers to get and I don't know if I necessarily need any AC router..

bodine1231

Can't beat $4.00 Blu rays. Hit up both Walmart and Best Buy and was in and out in 20min,lines moved pretty quick. I may go back for more tomorrow too and get the Bourne movies and hopefully find The Last Crusade.

Timan

Developer
Anyone have any recommendations on earbuds that are on sale? (would like decent set for a long international flight) these apple ones just kill my ears

jimwhat

Walmart has an in-store glitch for the Netgear AC1900 Nighthawk router. Should be priced $200, but it rings up for $89.

Tested it myself and a couple of people at SD are getting the same thing.

Does not show up online, in store only. Enjoy

Edit: SD is saying that many stores are selling out.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Anyone have any recommendations on earbuds that are on sale? (would like decent set for a long international flight) these apple ones just kill my ears
Sol republic jax are pretty good earphones. They are on sale for 29.99$ on Kohl's.

As the above poster said, those Panasonic earphones are amazing for the price. I am using them right now. One of the best rated by Verge under 50 bucks.

reKon

Banned
Nevermind on that Asus Router. I think I'm going to go with the Archer C7 deal on Newegg and pray that it stays as reliable as my WRT54GL, lol... The speed and range is apparently way too good for the price. It only has three stars, but I think it was mainly because of there was a version 1 of product that had issues. V2 seems to work great. I'd rather have the setup/interface of an Asus router, but this is only $60 and will offer much better performance!

Timan

Developer
Thanks for the recommendations, can't go wrong with the Panasonic recommendation since its only 15$ will give it a shot.

jjp14

Banned
I pulled the trigger hard on a Surface Pro 3, type cover, Surface pro 3 dock, and a 4k monitor. Spent about two grand... but, I needed a replacement for my 5 year old aging Macbook Pro...

jjp14

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom