• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PC Release Is In The Works – Rumor

sendit

I can see Sony slowly transitioning to releasing their 1st party games to PC. Right now it feels like they are doing older games but as time goes on the PC versions of their games will begin to launch closer to their console counterparts. Also the new PS studios logo and the phrasing used by Sony explaining why they made it suggest they are moving towards PS exclusives being on PC.

It was going to happen eventually. Too much money out there not to do it.

I agree in a sense that this is going to be a slow transition in to an eventual cloud gaming infrastructure. Hate to say this, but gaming as a service is end game for both Sony and Microsoft (Gamepass). With that said, I think we are a few generations away from that becoming a complete reality.

Last edited:

Voidout

Yep, for whatever reasons Cory BaRLog chose Cory BaLRog as a twitter pseudo (while his twitter @ is Cory Barlog).

So yeah, it's confusing but it's the real guy retweeting the Bloodborne PC announcement. :messenger_winking:

Listen, a moderator told me to not speak if I couldn't give a proof. I won't give any proofs since I don't want to burn my sources and since all those rando twitter people can leak whatever they want without disclosing anything.

I mean, what proofs could I even give ? I've saw contracts, I've saw devs working on the PC port test from my own eyes. I won't disclose the company I work for, that's for certain.

You have the post you quoted (I don't retract a single word) and without saying much, the timing alone should give an indication of what I know.

I also give a lot of details, I don't just tweet cryptic shit I've "heard" from shit sources. If I share something it s because I've seen the receipts from my own eyes.

I could share more about other incoming titles, but I'll wait until Bloodborne eventually get announced. We'll speak about the rest after, once moderation understand I'm not speaking from my ass.
Any info on Sonys PC stance? I want to know if I have to buy a PS5 to play their current and future games.

Neofire

As a consumer that's very odd.
His comment seems straight forward to me, exclusives have purpose and they give the platform purpose.

Everyone is fine with console exclusives going to PC but not Xbox exclusives going to Playstation and vice versa. Yet to see anyone flooding either companies social media accounts for that like the do for games from console - > PC.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Sony is fukin stupid if they let this happened

Another playstation exclusive lost

Nobody gona buy your PS5 dumb if you keep porting your game to PC
Wtf is wrong with you. Why would I now want my fav Sony game on PC in 4k, 60 or more fps and perfect frame pacing?
If Sony can sell their games on PC, that's money too. Maybe millions of sales

Airbus Jr

Banned
Dude, you'd buy a cabbage for $399 if it had the PS logo on it. As long as brand zealots exist, Sony can do whatever they want and rake in the cash. So why shouldn't they? They have you in their pocket.

Nah they dont have me in their pocket sorry

Not everyone here is a brand zealot as you think

I dont think il be getting a PS5 ( If Sony keep porting their game to PC)

Its becoming reduntdant and pointless for me to own both

Same reason why i ignore xbox series x

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Except maybe the people who don't want to spend $1k+ on a gaming PC and continue to buy cheaper consoles. But maybe that audience doesn't exist, millions of sales would say otherwise.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Except maybe the people who don't want to spend $1k+ on a gaming PC and continue to buy cheaper consoles. But maybe that audience doesn't exist, millions of sales would say otherwise.

Trust me the number of people gaming on PS5 will be reduced compared on PS4 knowing more and more ps exclusive game is heading to PC

The effect is not instantanious but the number will slowly regress

Sentenza

your-tears-are-8rx55k.jpg

Voidout

Trust me the number of people gaming on PS5 will be reduced compared on PS4 knowing more and more ps exclusive game is heading to PC

The effect is not instantanious but the number will slowly regress
I don't know why people are memeing you... its true. People acting like ps3 caught up and outsold xbox 360 for no reason. People act like Nintendo can release a console without exclusive games. Sony will not sell 100 million + with games that also go to PC. How long do you think it will take peoplento realize that they can play Halo and God of War on one machine versus being locked out of one or the other?

Sentenza

I don't know why people are memeing you...
Dunno. Maybe because it's something embarrassingly stupid to get angry about?

And let's even assume the concern has any foundation. So fucking what? Sony would sell less Playstations and still make more money selling software on other platforms. Why is that a problem? The PS brand is not going anywhere, regardless.
But even if it was a questionable move and Sony ended up making less money over all, it could still beg for the question: "Why the fuck do you even care?".
You aren't taking a percentage. They can go on just fine without your concern.

Last edited:

Voidout

Dunno. Maybe because it's something embarrassingly stupid to get angry about?

And let's even assume the concern has any foundation. So fucking what? Sony would sell less Playstations and still make more money selling software on other platforms. Why is that a problem? The PS brand is not going anywhere, regardless.
But even if it was a questionable move and Sony ended up making less money over all, it could still beg for the question: "Why the fuck do you even care?".
You aren't taking a percentage. They can go on just fine without your concern.
Cause the video game industry has imploded with AAA games reaching budget ceilings never seen before. Game development is slower, riskier and 3rd party pubs have been releasing less because of this. And even those that do come are monetized to hell. ps is one of the few gaming brands doing alright shit and the ps4 generation let them put out some bangers. People want it to continue with ps5 and porting games to PC may seem questionable as it makes it a no brainer for enthusiasts to ditch the ps5. Games sales aren't shit compared to Ps+ and sales on psn so Sony will take a loss and maybe fund less projects. They make more money off the console space than game sales can even produce.

SUPERGGK

I don't care if they release past gen exclusives to pc after the end of the gen to give them a chance to see what they missed and enticing them to buy the new gen consoles for sequels. But if they put Bloodborne on pc then they must put out a 4k 60fps patch on ps5 too. It's one of my favorite games of all time and I want to experience it with fresh coat of paint. And I strongly believe that you will not see the launch of ps5 games on pc until the end of the gen again. So I don't think that there is any harm to give pc players a taste of the PlayStation exclusives; maybe it will change their minds and they will buy ps5 to play the sequels.

Voidout

I don't care if they release past gen exclusives to pc after the end of the gen to give them a chance to see what they missed and enticing them to buy the new gen consoles for sequels. But if they put Bloodborne on pc then they must put out a 4k 60fps patch on ps5 too. It's one of my favorite games of all time and I want to experience it with fresh coat of paint. And I strongly believe that you will not see the launch of ps5 games on pc until the end of the gen again. So I don't think that there is any harm to give pc players a taste of the PlayStation exclusives; maybe it will change their minds and they will buy ps5 to play the sequels.
I guess we will see

Elog

Since this is a Sony exclusive - the main reason I see for doing this is to drive interest in Bloodborne and then release a successor (sequel or spiritual) on the PS5. That would make an enormous amount of sense. Very similar to HZD - release the PC version to drive interest and then HZD 2 on PS5 as an exclusive.

How long do you think it will take peoplento realize that they can play Halo and God of War on one machine versus being locked out of one or the other?
I'm not sure it matters all that much. Just buying both consoles is still going to be cheaper than getting a decent gaming PC (especially a few years into the generation after there have been some price cuts), and it's much less of a hassle for someone used to console gaming.

Degree

Banned

I think it would be super hilarious if they announce this at the PS5 event. Glorious.

Since this is a Sony exclusive - the main reason I see for doing this is to drive interest in Bloodborne and then release a successor (sequel or spiritual) on the PS5. That would make an enormous amount of sense. Very similar to HZD - release the PC version to drive interest and then HZD 2 on PS5 as an exclusive.

No, Bloodborne 2 is not happening right now. Already confirmed by the developer:

From works on multiple projects all the time. As of right now, the game isn't in development or in line to be in development.

Doesn't sound like its ever going to be released. Its a "one-time" thing, just like
Demon’s Souls.
Maybe we get a "spiritual successor", which is going to be multiplatform, just like "dark souls".

So a 4K60 patch for PS5 is confirmed, right? Sony wouldn't bring this to PC and not port it to the PS5, right?

We can assume that it will be patched for PS5 as well right? Hopefully at launch.

So far, Sony only confirmed a patch for the top 100 currently played games on PS4, BB is not in the top 100 currently played games.

Any info on Sonys PC stance? I want to know if I have to buy a PS5 to play their current and future games.

I think we will see more and more games coming to PC. Its just too expensive to have a game like Dreams being in development for like 5 years and sell not too many copies.

Rien

Jelly Belly
So far, Sony only confirmed a patch for the top 100 currently played games on PS4, BB is not in the top 100 currently played games.

Yes True. But they are going to be working on the game again anyway so why not do a PS5 patch as well. If there was an opportunity it is now I think.

But your probably right and it’s just wishful thinking on my part.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Wtf is wrong with you. Why would I now want my fav Sony game on PC in 4k, 60 or more fps and perfect frame pacing?
If Sony can sell their games on PC, that's money too. Maybe millions of sales

Just make it 4k 60 fps on PS5.

Business side of it doesn't really make sense does it? You might sell another million on PC, with two thirds of it coming when it goes down to a third of the launch price. So not a whole money to be made there (30% cut for Valve, 12% for Epic), and then you consider that means they don't get money from a playstation sale or a subscription. They also devalue the brand.

Unless Bloodborne 2 is coming in the near future, in which case Bloodborn PC port is just good marketing. Which is what's going to happen with Horizon, even though it's going to be very lame to see the forums spammed with PC gamers begging for Horizone 2 port.

Last edited:

Senua

Just make it 4k 60 fps on PS5.

Business side of it doesn't really make sense does it? You might sell another million on PC, with two thirds of it coming when it goes down to a third of the launch price. So not a whole money to be made there (30% cut for Valve, 12% for Epic), and then you consider that means they don't get money from a playstation sale or a subscription. They also devalue the brand.

Unless Bloodborne 2 is coming in the near future, in which case Bloodborn PC port is just good marketing. Which is what's going to happen with Horizon, even though it's going to be very lame to see the forums spammed with PC gamers begging for Horizone 2 port.
"Devalue the brand" LOL

some of you people are so odd, no one worries about shit like "the brand" outside a few gaming forums like this. The money they make from porting these games to PC is a heck of a lot more than they'll make by keeping you weirdos happy :p

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
"Devalue the brand" LOL

some of you people are so odd, no one worries about shit like "the brand" outside a few gaming forums like this. The money they make from porting these games to PC is a heck of a lot more than they'll make by keeping you weirdos happy :p

Tell me how much money they stand to gain, and how much money they stand to lose on hardware and subscriptions while you're at it.

They will make very little money from porting games to PC. You're talking about company that makes billions a year, on gaming.

BTW, personally, the more the merrier. But it just doesn't make much sense business wise does it?

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so any new developments? Sloth Mom make up some more BB claims to tack onto a BLM Twitter thread?

i just want to know what all this hype is based on. did Wario 64 ever break anything in the past?

Senua

Tell me how much money they stand to gain, and how much money they stand to lose on hardware and subscriptions while you're at it.

They will make very little money from porting games to PC. You're talking about company that makes billions a year, on gaming.
Yea they're just doing this for a jolly, you're right. Sony WANTS to lose money, it's been their game all along!

Senua

So you got nothing. If you didn't want to use your critical thinking skills, what was the point?
You got nothing either, thats the thing. Sony clearly see this as a way to make money, otherwise they wouldn't have done it. I personally could not give a shit about that side of it, I just think it's a great thing for consumers..you know...people like US.

Thirty7ven

Banned
i love the logic that the company makes billions, so why would it want to make millions? lol wut

saCdq9izFLw-m744Y-aIpFJLv7mpOVd3JbZl3Y42bT6UxZ0qficatwmkp0EZAPEgn4a82krRgCOv7elSToMcd3lyh-fqTqpTs7otHIPq5pxlU9yyJ2zcfhkvQOl4I1SUbQtO1IwuItUMxrTW8u3Mjn9SUQSN1phKCQg

The meme and your post don't really match in meaning.

To the basic, 3rd grade logic, of more copies sold is better and that's all there is to it, I ask... why not go multiplatform then? PC, Xbox, Switch, Stadia.

You got nothing either, thats the thing. Sony clearly see this as a way to make money, otherwise they wouldn't have done it. I personally could not give a shit about that side of it, I just think it's a great thing for consumers..you know...people like US.

I'm making an argument, all you are doing is labeling yourself a consumer and saying it's good for you. And to that I say, aye, let's do the good thing for consumers and launch these games on every platform.

Last edited:

Senua

The meme and your post don't really match in meaning.

To the basic, 3rd grade logic, of more copies sold is better and that's all there is to it, I ask... why not go multiplatform then? PC, Xbox, Switch, Stadia.
PC is not a direct competior with playstation. MS learned this and now finally Sony. People don't jump from PC to console generally, like they do Xbox to Playstation. Sony want some of those juicy Steam sales, Souls is huge on PC.. it makes sense.

Thirty7ven

Banned
PC is not a direct competior with playstation. MS learned this and now finally Sony. People don't jump from PC to console generally, like they do Xbox to Playstation. Sony want some of those juicy Steam sales, Souls is huge on PC.. it makes sense.

Of course it's a direct competitor to Playstation. It's the reason why Sony launched a PS4 Pro, for example.

Microsoft hasn't learn anything of the sort. What they have learned, finally, is that PC gamers game on windows and it's stupid as fuck not to try and turn PC into an extension of Xbox. That way they can sell services like gamepass on PC and boost their Xbox live numbers too. And they learned this with the Xbox one, I wonder why? Maybe because they sold a lot less hardware than they predicted and Gamepass needs to increase subcription numbers quickly?

Microsoft isn't simply porting games for PC, there's a lot more behind it.

TTOOLL

I can see Sony slowly transitioning to releasing their 1st party games to PC. Right now it feels like they are doing older games but as time goes on the PC versions of their games will begin to launch closer to their console counterparts. Also the new PS studios logo and the phrasing used by Sony explaining why they made it suggest they are moving towards PS exclusives being on PC.

It was going to happen eventually. Too much money out there not to do it.

I can see Sony releasing more and more games for PC, but not close to the console versions, that would weaken your platform. 3 or 4 years later makes more sense.

martino

because you can always port on pc with no compromises because of variable minimum requirements unlike other locked hardware

Last edited:
Top Bottom