• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PC Release Is In The Works – Rumor

Senua

Of course it's a direct competitor to Playstation. It's the reason why Sony launched a PS4 Pro, for example.

Microsoft hasn't learn anything of the sort. What they have learned, finally, is that PC gamers game on windows and it's stupid as fuck not to try and turn PC into an extension of Xbox. That way they can sell services like gamepass on PC and boost their Xbox live numbers too. And they learned this with the Xbox one, I wonder why? Maybe because they sold a lot less hardware than they predicted and Gamepass needs to increase subcription numbers quickly?

Microsoft isn't simply porting games for PC, there's a lot more behind it.
Who are these people jumping from PC only to console only? People aren't going to run and jump from being a console owner to PC just because they have some Sony games on them, most people just want the ease of a console and that's that. Sony know this and that's why they are starting to put games on Steam because why not get a few more million sales for old arse games? It's a win win, they are doing this for a reason, it will make them lots of money. It will upset fanboys but they are actually a very vocal minority. Sony doesn't really care about you, they care about the dolla dolla bill ya'lllll.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Who are these people jumping from PC only to console only? People aren't going to run and jump from being a console owner to PC just because they have some Sony games on them, most people just want the ease of a console and that's that. Sony know this and that's why they are starting to put games on Steam because why not get a few more million sales for old arse games? It's a win win, they are doing this for a reason, it will make them lots of money. It will upset fanboys but they are actually a very vocal minority. Sony doesn't really care about you, they care about the dolla dolla bill ya'lllll.

Well hopefully it will be on EPIC store too, not just steam. But fair enough, let's see what happens. It's interesting.

Last edited:

Holammer

Who will port the game? Bluepoint?

Because of how game development works a rough but functional PC version was finished ages ago along with PS4 original, any additional work required is trivial.
Someone is probably hovering the mouse pointer over the publish button as we speak, sweating profusely and waiting for the go signal.

triplejjj

Neo Member
I see this as very plausible, but really don't like how it potentially took from the hype of the PS5 reveal just to generate twitter traffic.

Oh well.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Glad i never played this in 30fps potato quality
lol yes look at this potato quality image /s

2644038-bloodborne3.png

imagine being proud of not playing Bloodborne lol

Last edited:

iNvid02

lol yes look at this potato quality image /s

imagine being proud of not playing Bloodborne lol

imagine being proud of peddling false quality screenshots to prove a point about having played a game, lol. not even the best game of 2015, witcher 3 shat on it

That's a bullshot., that IQ is what it shall finally look like on a good PC!

This is PS4 IQ

I get a headache just glancing at that CA :messenger_face_screaming:

thanks for clearing that up senua, dont even have to respond.

Last edited:

Graciaus

I don't know why people are memeing you... its true. People acting like ps3 caught up and outsold xbox 360 for no reason. People act like Nintendo can release a console without exclusive games. Sony will not sell 100 million + with games that also go to PC. How long do you think it will take peoplento realize that they can play Halo and God of War on one machine versus being locked out of one or the other?
No chance of that happening. Just going off this site alone which is "hardcore" the majority of the people here don't use a PC. Most of the excuses they give as to why they don't are laughable.

Neofire

I don't know why people are memeing you... its true. People acting like ps3 caught up and outsold xbox 360 for no reason. People act like Nintendo can release a console without exclusive games. Sony will not sell 100 million + with games that also go to PC. How long do you think it will take peoplento realize that they can play Halo and God of War on one machine versus being locked out of one or the other?
Very valid point, I see people dismissing your statement but the proof will be in the pudding.

Last a checked MS has corrected the Xbox one's launch woes years ago on top of going pc with most of their exclusives are still playing catch up in all areas. Nintendo's exclusives alone has the switch chugging along like a beast.

Bloodborne is arguably one of the best games of the current generation. It's great to see companies realizing that they're basically sitting on future classics / outstanding masterpieces and releasing them on PC so they can be "preserved" that way. Think about it, in like 10 years time, you'll be able to play this game at 60fps on really cheap run of the mill PC hardware (think NUCs, entry level laptops and so on).

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Me too, but since the rumor started through a random tweet from a random person, I think it would be worth showing another opinion.
Yes who is Wario 64? Has he broken anything ever?

Sloth Mom is obviously a troll. Other “insiders” could just be nodding along to pretend they know something

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
fwiw i looked at Wario64. he got things right about the Valve VR and Overwatch coming to Switch. however here he is predicting Persona 5 and Metroid Prime Trilogy and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past coming to Switch. he made this prediction over a year ago and none of these games have been announced.

imo he sounds like he had a little bit of insider info at one time, but is mostly an always online guy who crawls market websites like BestBuy and Amazon for leaks. probably not as "insider" as he likes to claim.

would love to be proven wrong in this case tho

Voidout

Very valid point, I see people dismissing your statement but the proof will be in the pudding.

Last a checked MS has corrected the Xbox one's launch woes years ago on top of going pc with most of their exclusives are still playing catch up in all areas. Nintendo's exclusives alone has the switch chugging along like a beast.
People really like to forgot why ps4 sold so many units this gen.

fwiw i looked at Wario64. he got things right about the Valve VR and Overwatch coming to Switch. however here he is predicting Persona 5 and Metroid Prime Trilogy and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past coming to Switch. he made this prediction over a year ago and none of these games have been announced.
The Metroid Prime Trilogy rumour is only 2 month old. I just saw that you linked a tweet which is from April 2019. The tweet didn't load before. lol. I thought you were talking about the rumors from two month ago.

A Link to the Past came to the Switch as part of Switch Online.

The only one they were really wrong about was Persona 5, but this isn't their fault. It popped up in the BestBuy Employee Terminal and this is what they reported on.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I mean, it'd make sense with those Bluepoint rumors regarding them remaking something that was was a pretty big deal and "beloved by many."

Saber

Gold Member
Wario has industry sources I believe, he usually doesn’t retweet crap, so I almost take it as a confirmation or close to it.

Ok, cool man. But it needs an official reveal.

Do you know how many "Bloodborne is coming to pc rumor threads" we have? At this point, its better to wait for them to reveal instead of making threads weekly everytime this rumor is up.

As a sidenote I wonder if a possible remaster includes the DLC or new contents.

Top Bottom