• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters DLC revealed ($20), November 2015, game sells 2 million

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Eh not too interested in a prequel. Was hoping for more lovecraft stuff, more bergenwyrth and meeting the rune guy etc. Oh well I guess that could still be the case. Looks good regardless. Will wait for more info. Hope for more unique bosses and less reskins/recycled content.

Bloodrage

Banned
Official site updated. http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/bloodborne/theoldhunters/

visual.jpg

sappyday

To me it actually looks like something that could changes some areas of the main campaign. Like Old Yarnham looks like it's in the daylight. Also Vicar is on fire.

Giever

I haven't played BB since I completed the game, so I think I am at the start of NG+. Will I be able to play this DLC in the normal mode or am I stuck on NG+ difficulty?

It's unknown at this point, but if it's like Dark Souls' DLC, you'd have to either have to play it on your NG+ file or start a new character if you wanted to do it on regular NG.

Giever

I think the scenes with existing monsters/area are just to showcase new weapons, not to say "oh look we have Cainhurst v2".

I dunno, it's called The Old Hunters. We very well could be revisiting known areas in the past. Kind of like Oolacile, but with less of a time gap (er, presumably, my understanding of the length of events in Bloodborne is convoluted).

SRTtoZ

Since they're going through the effort of making a brand new retail version I think this is going to be a pretty meaty DLC/expansion. It sucks because I want that retail version but I'm really dying to re-play BB again because this hyped me up. Gotta hold off.

Pejo

Gold Member
I saw a legit magic spell, bow, buzzsaw axe thing, the cover art looks to be holding a small curved blade......Oh yes. This will do.

Sanctuary

Most of the bosses and content looked lifted straight from the main game, but I wonder if they were just to show off new equipment or something.

I just want to know what exactly this is and how it's integrated into the main campaign.

To me it looked like they were showing parts of the expansion and areas and enemies of the main game together. Unless they really did get that lazy...

Well, that's one weapon type down. Hopefully it's not just a reskinned gun for functionality though.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This will probably be pretty poor compared to BB, as the A team are working on DS3

Somebody was bound to be thinking this :/

Breads

Banned
Half of that footage uses awesome color filters on content found in the base game. Can we get that instead of the CA we have now please?

Not sure if I'm excited or not. The weapons look on point but the fact that they're already announcing a special edition worries me. Does this mean that this is the only DLC it's getting? Doesn't seem like they would offer special editions for future DLCs, right? I wonder how much it adds. Still going to support for weapons alone but feel cautiously optimistic about the rest.

Sanctuary

There's also what seems to be a new chain weapon. That doesn't appear to be the threaded cane. There's also a War Pick.

VertPin

The game is definitely going to get a sequel. No doubt about that.

Absolutely CANNOT WAIT FOR THE EXPANSION THIS NOVEMBER!!!!!!!

Top Bottom