• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

The Rakuyo is gonna be a pain to get.

I need help obtaining it.

You can cheese it easily
continue on through the stage and eventually you get to the little ledge opposite the ladder, you can throw a poison arrow to hit the first guy and bring him over to you, and then chip away at him at the edge of the ledge

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
You can cheese it easily
continue on through the stage and eventually you get to the little ledge opposite the ladder, you can throw a poison arrow to hit the first guy and bring him over to you, and then chip away at him at the edge of the ledge

I'll try that then even though I might run into the those shark bastards on surface.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I just realized last night that i have to run through ailing loren again to go get the beast claw. After i kill Laurence for the rune :(

Gonna be ringing bells at that door all night.

Ferr986

How is the coop action with a lvl 150 guy? I mean, I'm sure now there's a lot going on but for example before the DLC how it was?

I always stop around 100, 120 was my highest character yet, but I don't see how I'm gonna stop my Moonlight Sword guy before 150 without doing some huge sacrifice I that don't like.

After a few days of hearing the OST over and over again. I think the Ludwig Boss music (especially second half) is the best Boss Theme that ever graced a game. Holy shit.

myco666

Managed to beat the DLC on NG+ with the Bowblade. It actually is a pretty decent weapon if you use melee + gun and then change to the bow to do some higher damage safely when you find an opening. Cheeses the shit out of bosses like the optional boss in the DLC since you can just shoot away and wait for him come to you and then dash away.

Last DLC boss. Managed to actually even do this on the first try.

Akara

Banned
Managed to beat the DLC on NG+ with the Bowblade. It actually is a pretty decent weapon if you use melee + gun and then change to the bow to do some higher damage safely when you find an opening. Cheeses the shit out of bosses like the optional boss in the DLC since you can just shoot away and wait for him come to you and then dash away.

Last DLC boss. Managed to actually even do this on the first try.

Great job, that hit at 0:28 one hits me in new game + 0 LOL Nice charge attack and viscerals

Stillmatic

Last boss spoiler:
N5gLb2o.png

Rn0Nt2l.gif

myco666

Great job, that hit at 0:28 one hits me in new game + 0 LOL Nice charge attack and viscerals

I eat that move atleast twice on that try which is really weird since I usually can get charge + visceral out of it. Like seriously I just walk into it.

edit.
Stillmatic that must have been a fun moment.

Akara

Banned
I eat that move atleast twice on that try which is really weird since I usually can get charge + visceral out of it. Like seriously I just walk into it.

You're good with bow ;/ I stink with it lol, I'm gonna stick to black sky eye spam in bosses

myco666

OoK is the worst.

I assume you meant the best actually?

You're good with bow ;/ I stink with it lol, I'm gonna stick to black sky eye spam in bosses

Well thank you! I sucked with it at first but then I decided to just stick with it and now it actually feels good. I think that having to do bunch of tries against Ludwig with it at the start of NG+ made me actually learn how that weapon works. Really not liking how it hogs stamina though.

Haha is that good Tool? I am now going through the DLC with my 'Micholash Cage' build to check out all Arcane stuff and probably main the
Kos Parasite
. Had lot of trouble against Ludwig with it since I tried to use A Call Beyond too much and it is super slow. Damage was great though. Got like 1400 if timed correctly.

Akara

Banned
I assume you meant the best actually?

Well thank you! I sucked with it at first but then I decided to just stick with it and now it actually feels good. I think that having to do bunch of tries against Ludwig with it at the start of NG+ made me actually learn how that weapon works. Really not liking how it hogs stamina though.

Haha is that good Tool? I am now going through the DLC with my 'Micholash Cage' build to check out all Arcane stuff and probably main the
Kos Parasite
. Had lot of trouble against Ludwig with it since I tried to use A Call Beyond too much and it is super slow. Damage was great though. Got like 1400 if timed correctly.

It's the soul arrow of this game and does a lot of damage against those weak against it! But bow can do viscerals and does more damage with 1 QS bullet so that's definitely were it's beat. Tools don't require stamina so that's the good part, my 9 endurance is happy LOL

usp84

So i got a gem that has physical attack up 18% but attack down 7%. Whats the difference between physical attack and attack?

It's the soul arrow of this game and does a lot of damage against those weak against it! But bow can do viscerals and does more damage with 1 QS bullet so that's definitely were it's beat. Tools don't require stamina so that's the good part, my 9 endurance is happy LOL

Is there a list of monster somewhere I can see what is weak against arcane?

neoism

so guys why cant i summon the npcs for the watchdog in the defiled chalice? theyre two of them right before, but garyed out... is there a lever to unlock them lol..
lol nm im ....smh

MilkBeard

so guys why cant i summon the npcs for the watchdog in the defiled chalice? theyre two of them right before, but garyed out... is there a lever to unlock them lol..

I never quite figured it out...there is one that I found greyed out, but I found after sitting for a while, I could ring it...a glitch, maybe?

Akara

Banned
Is there a list of monster somewhere I can see what is weak against arcane?

I bought the collector's guide and I think it shows that. I know a lot of enemies in Chalice Dungeons are weak against it, specifically those weird humanoid things.

I never quite figured it out...there is one that I found greyed out, but I found after sitting for a while, I could ring it...a glitch, maybe?

To fix that I had to use silencing bell to silence my beckoning bell, wait it a bit and then it would work.

Stillmatic

Yeah I called it a night after that attempt! I think it was my 5th or 6th attempt on NG+, he has a lot of health. I think I've got the first phase sorted by keeping distance and dodging into him when he comes at me, then 2nd phase he goes bonkers.

It's a good fight though, personally I love the Lu
dwig
, M
aria
and O
oK
fights. Haven't fought optional fella yet.

MrHoot

On to my NG+2 run. Now that i'm superleveled, it's actually quite fun going through these new game plus and kinda speedrun bosses, as if you know them enough and with good +10 gemmed up weapons, you can completely wreck their shit 1 on 1. So i'm gonna do a no-nonsense no-summon on all bosses, and finally get that platinum at the end (just missing the submit ending trophy that I never got)

Razzorn34

Man.... even co-op with 2 others I just keep getting utterly destroyed by NG+
Ludwig
. Usually killed by that damn charge. 0-15 last night. I just can't ever predict what he'll do next. The difficulty jump is real. It also seems like I do next to no damage to him. Soloing him would take all day. Currently 119 10STR 50SKL +9 Burial. Saving my rock for later.

Before this, I only ever used co-op on Paarl and Logarius.

Grexeno

My strategy is to bait his jumping attack and punish that, Dodge everything else. But the second phase is hard for me as well.
The jumping attack is mostly schmuck bait. You try to pull off a backstab but it takes too long and he punishes you.

Ferr986

Man.... even co-op with 2 others I just keep getting utterly destroyed by NG+
Ludwig
. Usually killed by that damn charge. 0-15 last night. I just can't ever predict what he'll do next. The difficulty jump is real. It also seems like I do next to no damage to him. Soloing him would take all day. Currently 119 10STR 50SKL +9 Burial. Saving my rock for later.

Before this, I only ever used co-op on Paarl and Logarius.

If you want to set a GAFHUNT pass I can try to help you.

Grexeno

Then you shouldn't do a backstab? Get a couple of hits in and move away, or use augr of Ebrietas to backstab.
Visceral attacks are basically the only way to quickly get through form one without chugging a ton of vials.

Form two is just a fucking crapshoot though.

Arjen

Visceral attacks are basically the only way to quickly get through form one without chugging a ton of vials.

Form two is just a fucking crapshoot though.

Phase 1 is pretty easy to deal with imho. Most of his attacks are pretty slow and easy to dodge.

Top Bottom