• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Edzi

What, like hitting and dodging him...? XD

Forgetting the fact he is much faster and more aggressive, dodging his combos - which reach 5-6 moves each in this phase as opposed to 3 - require different timings, he does way more jump attacks, fires more placenta juice (at different intensities, angles and number), his moves are entirely focused on close range attacks as opposed to the ranged attacks in the first phase.... etc.

I'm not calling you out, I'm just baffled how you could do that; he changes up nearly everything he does.

Never ever ever give him space, since that's when he shoots that crazy ranged attack that hits everywhere. You really do just have to be aggressive and good with your dodge/parry timings.

Never ever ever give him space, since that's when he shoots that crazy ranged attack that hits everywhere. You really do just have to be aggressive and good with your dodge/parry timings.

His weak point is his placenta weapon ironically, focusing your attacks on his weapon stagger him faster or forces him to backstep

What's the fastest and easiest way for me to get

1) Blood Echoes

2) Blood Rocks

in The Old Hunters?

1) Killing the guys on the red river or in the last area killing the
female villagers

2) Go below the
inbreed facility on the fishing Hamlet
right after you unlock the elevator take the right side and you can see another room
with female seashells, the rock is on the wall of the room

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
...Sirens? xD

Do you mean the
winter lanterns? Or the snail-things in the seashells? I mean I guess they are probably female creatures, but nothing I'd call "female villagers" or even "sirens"... <_<

...Sirens? xD

Do you mean the
winter lanterns? Or the snail-things in the seashells? I mean I guess they are probably female creatures, but nothing I'd call "female villagers" or even "sirens"... <_<

Those are the females, the dudes you fight are the males,
you know gotta preserve the race by keeping the female down there with all the food

Korosenai

What's better, Rakuyo or Bowblade. I have 37 Bloodtinge, 27 skill currently.

1) Killing the guys on the red river or in the last area killing the
female villagers

2) Go below the
inbreed facility on the fishing Hamlet
right after you unlock the elevator take the right side and you can see another room
with female seashells, the rock is on the wall of the room

Thank you!

silva1991

What's better, Rakuyo or Bowblade. I have 37 Bloodtinge, 27 skill currently.

Thank you!

To me both are as good, but bowblade charge attack is shir for back stabs tho

most people will probably tell you that rakuya is better because they didn't like the bow in the bowblade.

Was checking out the trophies on PSN last night and I was amazed by how few people have gotten them months after the DLC was released.

Heck I think the Ludwig trophy was still only at like 15% last time I checked it.

Had a hell of a hard time beating Ludwig with my BT build on NG+. I was reminded of how much trouble I had the first time I faced him. That bucking combo got me more times than I can remember. I was also getting destroyed in phase 2.

Laurence on the other hand I have no trouble with. I actually have time to breathe. OoK will probably be a nightmare too. I had trouble with him the first round with this build.

Omg lady Maria is rocking my shit

Tips?

Dont be afraid of her, Maria is a normal Hunter NPC.

You can parry and stagger her with ease, Ludwig sword, Hunter Axe, Blades of Mercy, Kirk Hammer and the pizza cutter are supper effective on her, stay on her back when she does her heavy attacks as much as you can

daedalius

Dont be afraid of her, Maria is a normal Hunter NPC.

You can parry and stagger her with ease, Ludwig sword, Hunter Axe, Blades of Mercy, Kirk Hammer and the pizza cutter are supper effective on her, stay on her back when she does her heavy attacks as much as you can

Switched to pistol and countered a lot, not too bad. Very fast boss fight when you do it right!

Is the moonlight sword worth getting if I've been using Ludwigs sword for the whole game basically?

KRaZyAmmo

Switched to pistol and countered a lot, not too bad. Very fast boss fight when you do it right!

Is the moonlight sword worth getting if I've been using Ludwigs sword for the whole game basically?
It's a fun weapon to use. I like using the whirigig saw a lot more though

taybul

If you're already using Ludwigs then I wouldn't bother since you've probably already invested more in STR/SKL than in ARC.

KevinG

I think I've almost made it to the second boss.

Finished exploring the Research Hall, and now trying to find my way to the big "this is probably a boss" door.

Edit: Also, I've mainly used Ludwig, and it's at +10, and my Axe is at +8. Want to invest in a new weapon, I think my stats are at:
Vit 41
En 32
Str 42
Skl 22
BTng 9
Arc 8

Basically haven't invested in the bottom much, but have been reading that the new weapons utilize those stats.

Hey all, had a build question for the pros here.

So I just started the DLC on regular NG

Current Stats

Stam-30
End - 25
Skill - 50
Str - 14
BT-9

Really I have been using and enjoying the threaded cane at +10, I love the weapon but I'd also like to use the whirlysaw.
Does it make sense to start dumping enough points into stam to wield it (and beyond) as I do see it scales with Skill but not as much as Str obviously.

Really using these two weapons will be a perfect blend for me throughout the rest of the game on this character.

Thanks in advance!

Edzi

So orphan of kos, he seems pretty tough

Tips? Doesn't seem like he is weak to gun stagger

He is absolutely weak to gun parries, just work on the timing. His first form is pretty slow, so just learn his attacks and punish accordingly. In his second form, he gets insanely aggressive, and I found that the best thing to do is to be aggressive yourself. Always stay close to him, and dodge toward his back. Do NOT get greedy or else you will die. You can also parry this form as well. Do not create distance between yourself and OoK or else he'll use his nasty projectile attack that hits everything. When he uses his lightening attack, just run to the entrance since the lightening won't go there.

It's a tough fight, but just keep trying and try to adapt to his attack timings.

Tahnit

Banned
I just finished the living failures fight. OMFG the music was incredible. I have it stuck in my head. So beautiful and powerful.

I just finished the living failures fight. OMFG the music was incredible. I have it stuck in my head. So beautiful and powerful.

Underrated boss fight.
Cosmos attack
is one of the most memorable parts of the game - especially with how the OST kicks in.

Now that I have a few days off due to spring break I'm ready to finally tackle TOH. I platted BB but lost the save file I had right before finishing everything up, so the idea of slogging through buffed enemies in NG+ didn't appeal to me at the time. However coming back to it and starting "anew" after more than 6 months reminded me of what a beast of a game this is. Everything is a little rusty but damn does it feel good to be back. Going to get my reflexes back in some chalice dungeons and maybe farm some insight for a Blood Rock to bring another weapon up to the top, but I can't wait to explore the DLC.

hohoXD123

Finally got around to playing a bit of the DLC and I'm now at the first boss. I reckon I can handle him if not for
his bitch of an attack which involves him charging straight for me with little notice. I can tell when he's going to do it and I've dodged a couple of times, but most of the time I end up dying,
any tips?

Finally got around to playing a bit of the DLC and I'm now at the first boss. I reckon I can handle him if not for
his bitch of an attack which involves him charging straight for me with little notice. I can tell when he's going to do it and I've dodged a couple of times, but most of the time I end up dying,
any tips?
Try dodging left twice when he makes the sound.

leehom

Anyone up for a challenge and helping me out? My alt is a level 20 and I'm stuck.

Can't kill rom.
Can't kill Logarius.
Can't kill amediliagiaajdhjjhajshjas
Can't progress in old hunters expansion.

leehom

Um... that's really low for how far you are? Why aren't you levelling up? Are you upgrading your weapons?

I'm up to rom, killed all the bosses you can up to that point minus amagediliaigasasaesd. Killed pearl, but that took a good minute. I have one weapon at +7. I'm not leveling up because I'm a glutton for punishment.

Caja 117

Parry. That's the solution more times than not in this game.
Using Ebrietas instead of a Pistol made the fight very easy..

I'm know is this part were is like flooded, there are a couple of big monster that I haven't been able to kill them, so Im just running past them.

SDR-UK

Anyone up for a challenge and helping me out? My alt is a level 20 and I'm stuck.

Can't kill rom.
Can't kill Logarius.
Can't kill amediliagiaajdhjjhajshjas
Can't progress in old hunters expansion.

I have a Level 4 that I could help you out with.

Rom is easy as is Amygdala, Logarius is a bit of a tedious process and The Old Hunters can be the same just due to lack of Visceral Damage. If you're up for it though, I'll help.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Has the dlc ever gone on sale in America /Canada?

I keep waiting but I want to give in.

Alright I'm finally returning to Bloodborne to play the Old Hunters content.

Problem is I can't remember shit, and it doesn't help I'm coming directly off Dark Souls II so I have that welded into my muscle memory.

Anyway, I'm in NG+. I believe I was up to the forest, may have even beaten Rom.

Level 107
40 vit, 25 end, 45 str, 30 skill
Ludwig's Holy Blade
Runes: +10% HP, +15% stamina, +10% stamina

I think I basically hit all the soft caps for my stats iirc? I guess from here I may as well just bump str/skill all the way to 50?

I'm basically just looking at everything and trying to refresh my memory here.

Looking at my items now, I'm thinking maybe levelling arcane could be fun. The Old Hunter Bone and Empty Phantasm Shell both seem to be buffs which are always handy and only need 15 arcane. I completely ignored these items when the game was new.

Edit: Can't access the DLC. I'm sure I've bought and installed it.
Don't have internet where I'm living now though so hard the check, it's getting set up on the 19th.
Do you need to be connected to first access it?

I wanted to beat this before DS3 releases :(
Maybe I can take my PS4 to my parents and try to get it working.

Timeaisis

Well, beat it again for reals. I had done the DLC a couple months ago and finished it but never finished the game proper again (I Yahar'gul and Nightmare of Mensis left) so I did that today.

Is The One Reborn like the easiest boss ever? I don't see how you can die to this guy. Just get next to him and go nuts. Also, Gehrman was harder than I was expecting given that I'm at in the 90s. Maybe it's because it's the first time I actually fought him (accidentally submitted the first time lol), but his combos are really hard to read. I know I'm supposed to parry, but I suck at that so I just went with the old LHB transformed. Also, Moon Presence is a giant pushover. I had 5 blood vials left after the Gehrman fight and that's all I needed against him.

Now, the only boss I haven't beaten is Laurence. Dunno if I even want to try, I've heard horror stories.

leehom

Now, the only boss I haven't beaten is Laurence. Dunno if I even want to try, I've heard horror stories.

Lawrence is a beast, literally. This is how me and my friend did it. He used the bow and would shoot him from a distance and aggro him. I would sneak behind and get a few hits in. When I had aggro, I would back up and my friend would shoot arrows again. Rinse and repeat.

Kieli

I can run rings around Orphan's first form (with the parry mechanic, that is).

But once he transforms, he becomes far too erratic. It's hard for me to dodge him then because my reaction times are terrible.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Underrated boss fight.
Cosmos attack
is one of the most memorable parts of the game - especially with how the OST kicks in.

My mouth honestly fell agape when I saw that attack for the first time.
The way they all raise their arms in unison and the sky opens up... I just let the meteors rain down and kill me.
I was literally in awe, haha.

I still have to take down L
aurence
and O
rphan
, but my goodness what a ride. The prospect of going through it again on my other builds to try out all the different weapons is daunting and exciting.

Anyone want to help me beat the last DLC boss?

Losing patience.

I've actually never summoned someone before, so not sure how it works with passwords.

Top Bottom