• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

sarcoa

For what it's worth I kept track of how many attempts it took me to down each boss. I don't consider myself *great* at these games, but I do well enough to finish them without looking for help (not that it exists before the game is out).

Level 138 strength/skill build on NG+, in the order they occurred. Spoilers on the boss names.

Ludwig, the Holy Blade
: 7

Living Failures
: 13

Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower
: 3

Orphan of Kos
: 42

Laurence, the First Vicar
Still haven't done this solo, but I did provide some assistance to Dawg in co-op.

edit: whoops, mis-remembered the order. fixed.

mstevens

For what it's worth I kept track of how many attempts it took me to down each boss. I don't consider myself *great* at these games, but I do well enough to finish them without looking for help (not that it exists before the game is out).

Level 138 strength/skill build on NG+, in the order they occurred. Spoilers on the boss names.

Ludwig, the Holy Blade

Living Failures

Orphan of Kos

Still haven't done this solo, but I did provide some assistance to Dawg in co-op.

Hey can you answer if the new summon able npcs are actually good enough to be any help with chalice bosses or these new dlc bosses? I'm guessing they just get cut down real quick.

Ludwig, the Holy Blade

Living Failures

Orphan of Kos

Lvl 134 NG+ here.
This pleases me so.

myco666

Skill weapons all have weaknesses and gl fighting chalice dungeon ebriatas when she NEVER gets visceraled. Also which weapon is so great, the threaded cane that doesn't stagger enemies, the blades of mercy that require you to go toe to toe with every boss and get up close, or the burial blade that isn't fast enough, or strong enough to deal enough damage quickly.

Also lets not forget that of the three skill weapons only the threaded cane can use fire/bolt paper.

The bloodtinge builds are insane, saw Someone take down ebriatas just by shooting her in the head with a pistol.

Well you can Visceral Ebrietas in main game and if you are using Skill build you can pretty much melt her Health bar even with low levels where as Str builds have much harder time doing that. I just don't understand why Str builds don't get that Visceral boost. And sure every weapon has a weakness. That is how you balance stuff out. Also you sure can stagger enemies with Cane.

Papers aren't really that useful though and when I can dish out damage over 2000 with BoM, Reiterpallasch or Cane without any buffs I don't really care.

BT builds are OP when it comes to bosses with obvious weakspots that have low defense such as Ebrietas and Amygdala. Both bosses become a joke with high BT and well upgraded gun.

edit.
I'd have to +10 the Evelyn since it's already +9. I know the DLC would still be a challenge with that character, but I'm thinking of using my level 74 skill/arcane character. +6 LHB with fire gems, +7 cane and BoM should be a pretty effective combo. Should still be able to use a new weapon or two I'm going to hope.

Going for that Bow? I am probably picking my Str/Arc build now as I want to dive into DLC immediately. I think I've already used all chunks but luckily the DLC has more of them.

sarcoa

Hey can you answer if the new summon able npcs are actually good enough to be any help with chalice bosses or these new dlc bosses? I'm guessing they just get cut down real quick.
I only found a spot for one (Harriet I think?) shortly before the first boss. I tried summoning her on a couple attempts, but she always died when the boss shifted its phase. Wound up making it through without her. Her sign never appeared again and I never saw another one for the rest of the game.

I have no idea if everyone's experience with NPC's will be like that, but that's what happened in my game.

IrishNinja

here for this

Glorious. WE READY
11420803_1521682111477439_915627558_n.jpg

also here for this

Deku Tree

Any way to make PS4 think it's tuesday? I have 2 more hours to wait, but I have to wake up at 6 AM. :(

You can change the time on your PS4, but I'm sure it's not going to help. I think you have to download a small unlock patch that goes live midnight in your time zone.

Donos

Kinda hate that beating the game just spits you out in NG+ and since I haven't played since I beat the game getting to where I need to be for the DLC is considerably more difficult but at the same time just starting a new character is extremely unappealing to me. :/

Was in the same position but it only takes around 2 hours i think. Beat Father G > BSB > and now i'm back in cathedral ward heading to VA. If you finished with +10 weapons and a good amount of lvl (i have 100) then it's a quick tour. After beating all the chalice bosses, the normal ones are easy.

OneUh8

Anyone going to be playing the DLC in NG+? Is it going to be alot harder than NG?

I will be and I am expecting it to be tough. Hopefully I am leveled enough. I think I am in the 120s. I am more worries on how rusty I will be lol.

Going in tomorrow on NG+ with a quality build. My weapons are Saw Spear, Tonitrus +10 and Ludwig, Burial Blade +8. Let's see how it goes.

Going for that Bow? I am probably picking my Str/Arc build now as I want to dive into DLC immediately. I think I've already used all chunks but luckily the DLC has more of them.
Yeah the Bow and Moonlight Great Sword since I have the required strength stat for it as well. That should hopefully be a pretty fun and balanced build. Seems like there are so many other builds I need to mess around with as well.

Curufinwe

Ludwig, the Holy Blade

Living Failures

Orphan of Kos

I think I'm only level 120 so I might be in for some trouble.

Neoweee

Was in the same position but it only takes around 2 hours i think. Beat Father G > BSB > and now i'm back in cathedral ward heading to VA. If you finished with +10 weapons and a good amount of lvl (i have 100) then it's a quick tour. After beating all the chalice bosses, the normal ones are easy.

Even faster than that, really. Don't even do BSB Old Yharnam. Just buy the the thing that unlocks Cathedral Ward. Easily under an hour. Slightly more (and worht the blood) to do Hemwick.

PigzFly

I've only played half an hour last night and got the old hunters set, but this game has just cemented itself as my favourite video game of all time. Counting the seconds until I can get home and play it some more.

KodaRuss

Crap, didnt realize that this comes out tomorrow. Going to have to figure out how to fit this in between Fallout 4 and Battlefront.

It took me like 30 minutes tor each from the start to Amelia.

You only need to do Father G and Amelia and just past by most enemies. if you know the way is quite fast. Hell I even unlocked the league for that particular character while I was on it too with just a few more minutes.

myco666

Yeah the Bow and Moonlight Great Sword since I have the required strength stat for it as well. That should hopefully be a pretty fun and balanced build. Seems like there are so many other builds I need to mess around with as well.

Haven't really looked that much into what kind of weapons there are but what I've seen I know I want to do more builds. I am going to hit character cap soon though so might have to delete some old ones.

Facism

can't preorder on psn, keeps failing despite having paypal as an authorised source.

Guess i'll just buy it when it releases :)

Fhtagn

Ludwig, the Holy Blade

Living Failures

Orphan of Kos

These numbers are super exciting. I'll probably have an easier time of it at level 160 with 70 VIT, which is good because I want to get through this in a reasonable amount of time this week before I accidentally spoil myself (I covered my screen while quoting this!), but I plan to do it again on NG at much lower level for the real brutality experience.

Haven't really looked that much into what kind of weapons there are but what I've seen I know I want to do more builds. I am going to hit character cap soon though so might have to delete some old ones.
What's the character cap? I think my first three characters I'm not deleting at all. Too many memories.

Donos

Even faster than that, really. Don't even do BSB Old Yharnam. Just buy the the thing that unlocks Cathedral Ward. Easily under an hour. Slightly more (and worht the blood) to do Hemwick.

Damn, forgot that you could buy it. Was running through on memory. Just beat VA (took all my 24 vials but still in one go). I'm ready for 0:00.

Facism

Works well on Amazon, thats how I always charge my PSN Cash.

looking through my wallet settings, i've got it set not to automatically add funds from payment source for preorders. Guess that was the problem.

Still, i'll wait till it's out and just buy it normally. No big deal :) Thanks for your suggestions, though :)

gogosox82

I'm so conflicted on what character to take into the dlc. My main character that I did everything in the game with who is in ng++, my pure skill build who is in ng+ but is kind of a low level (74), or the str build I just made because I wanted to mess around with Logarious' Wheel.

I didn't think I would have to worry about it either. Then I started new character everytime my current character was hitting lvl90.
I'm not much of an online "build" person so I honestly don't see myself making a new character every time I hit level 90.

Rizific

do i need to kill amelia before accessing the dlc? i hade it up to her in my ng+ but ran out of that stuff that interrupts her healing, so i stopped =(

Top Bottom