• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Zocano

I'm confused. How are people playing this already?

Besides reviewers, I mean.

edit: Oh, it's dumb local time/time zone shenanigans? Oh well. I will continue to wait.

Jombie

Going in with a lvl 105 str character. Glad to hear it's challenging; I think the main game is a bit on the easy side.

myco666

I'm not much of an online "build" person so I honestly don't see myself making a new character every time I hit level 90.

Well only online I do is some coop to gain echoes and insight. I just stop before fighting MP and level up to 90 and call it quits for that build. I really just wanted to try bunch of weapons with builds specialized to them and try to get the weapons as early as possible etc. Didn't really feel like going to NG+ with more than one character and I don't really care for Chalices.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So I'm about 3/4 through the game on my first play through. How should I handle this DLC? Should I start playing it right where I am in the game now? Restart and play through entirely fresh? Or complete the game and go through it on NG+?

myco666

So I'm about 3/4 through the game on my first play through. How should I handle this DLC? Should I start playing it right where I am in the game now? Restart and play through entirely fresh? Or complete the game and go through it on NG+?

It is balanced around late game builds so no need to go to NG+ or to start new character.

RiggyRob

Let me regale the DLC OT, as the trials and tribulations of pimmsy continue!...slowly.

Not much progress for the missus today, but she unlocked the gate nearest the lift in Cathedral Ward, got killed by a Kidnapper, found Adella and sent her to the chapel and escaped the Gaol.

She gets horrendously murdered by Kidnappers whenever she fights one, even though I told her the trick about going behind it and doing a visceral attack when it charges up, so for now I've told her to ignore them.

She also successfully killed Henryk, so she's happy that she's on the good path for Eileen, and I saved the video clip of the fight, so I'll upload it to YouTube and post it here later.

I'm excited to see what her reaction is to the DLC when she eventually gets there, she should be confused as fuck since she's got no idea it exists.

Zemm

I guess my ng+ level 75 character has no chance. Hopefully we'll get a kind of idea on what level it's aimed at soon. You'd think it was more on the low scale since it opens quite early in the game.

So I'm level 128(ish) but I haven't exactly been meticulous with how I level up. So I'm not some greatly speced character or anything. I missed the blood rock on my first play through so my LHB is only +9. And I'm not exactly a great player (BB is my first Souls type game).

Anyway, so on NG+ I decided I needed to kill Amelia before tomorrow, and even though I'd been farming levels in Old Yharnam for awhile, Vicar was still handing me my ass. I ended up summoning two people, we killed her without too much trouble. But it still took a long ass time.

Am I going to be just totally fucked in this DLC?

Well only online I do is some coop to gain echoes and insight. I just stop before fighting MP and level up to 90 and call it quits for that build. I really just wanted to try bunch of weapons with builds specialized to them and try to get the weapons as early as possible etc. Didn't really feel like going to NG+ with more than one character and I don't really care for Chalices.
Ah ok, I've been through so many damn chalice dungeons...I fucked up with my current character and made two Lower Pthumeru's instead of a Lower Pthumeru dungeon and a Lower Hintertomb. You have no idea how annoyed I am over that cause I don't want to do two of those fucking things...

Mine will unlock in about 2 hours :)

Really excited for this but I might wait until I'm done with Assassin's Creed Syndicate so that I can dive completely in the DLC.

For what it's worth I kept track of how many attempts it took me to down each boss. I don't consider myself *great* at these games, but I do well enough to finish them without looking for help (not that it exists before the game is out).

Level 138 strength/skill build on NG+, in the order they occurred. Spoilers on the boss names.

Ludwig, the Holy Blade
: 7

Living Failures
: 13

Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower
: 3

Orphan of Kos
: 42

Laurence, the First Vicar
Still haven't done this solo, but I did provide some assistance to Dawg in co-op.

edit: whoops, mis-remembered the order. fixed.

Is the travel to the bosses really far after a death?

myco666

Ah ok, I've been through so many damn chalice dungeons...I fucked up with my current character and made two Lower Pthumeru's instead of a Lower Pthumeru dungeon and a Lower Hintertomb. You have no idea how annoyed I am over that cause I don't want to do two of those fucking things...

Haha oh wow. That must have sucked hard. Aren't the materials even hard to get for those?

DLC unlocked. Time to get destroyed.

gogosox82

So I'm level 128(ish) but I haven't exactly been meticulous with how I level up. So I'm not some greatly speced character or anything. I missed the blood rock on my first play through so my LHB is only +9. And I'm not exactly a great player (BB is my first Souls type game).

Anyway, so on NG+ I decided I needed to kill Amelia before tomorrow, and even though I'd been farming levels in Old Yharnam for awhile, Vicar was still handing me my ass. I ended up summoning two people, we killed her without too much trouble. But it still took a long ass time.

Am I going to be just totally fucked in this DLC?

Maybe. This dlc is probably going to be balanced around you being in the late game. But you can always summon someone for help if it gets too tough.

UnpleasantFlatLangur.gif

Haha oh wow. That must have sucked hard. Aren't the materials even hard to get for those?

DLC unlocked. Time to get destroyed.
Oh it sucked, I don't even know what I have to do to get those materials purchaseable, nor do I even know where to farm the damn things. I think if I make a root Central Pthumeru chalice dungeon I should be able to get more, but man. Have fun getting rekt. I can't even deal with that stuff till late Tuesday if I'm lucky.

Came in here for a release date and surprised to see it comes out tonight!! Or is that tomorrow?
cuz of you damn yanks

Edit: Oh cool, looks like peepz are already playing so it must be out. I know what i'm doing tonight

Played an hour of this DLC last night before going to bed - got up to & had a few cracks at the first boss, and picked up 3 main-hand weapons in the first area. It's really nice so far, loving the aesthetic and level design of the first area and the new enemies are pretty hard as well. Also
fought an npc who was in beast form using the beast claws - shit looks fucking awesome and his moveset was crazy. Seems he had a unique beast roar and a slightly different roll, too
. In Australia btw, so it released 9 hours ago for me

J-Skee

Quick question: trying to acquire the Whistle. Can I summon an NPC & have that count as a "successful co-op" session to get vermin, or do I need to be online?

nyarla

Neo Member
I'm in Australia, with an AU Bloodborne disc, but I play on a US PSN account. Knew I had to buy the DLC from my AU account, so did...but when I logged back in to my US account the PS4 listed no add-ons for Bloodborne. I was sad, thought I'd have to start a new character on my empty AU account.. but nope, load up the game and the DLC is there! I was tricked by the PS4 library with its only-showing-DLC-for-the-current-region ways. Phew! (just posting this in case anyone else does this silly cross-region stuff and isn't sure how it works with DLC.. seems there are no worries..)

myco666

Most regular enemies go down in one hit with my +10 LW and I am level 120. Might be bit overleved for the beginning of the DLC.

Top Bottom