• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boardwalk Empire - Season 4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fucking really? God damnnit. :(

What about Margaret?

I know. :(

okzQdVS.gif

Hindle

Banned
We need more Rothstein in S4. Going to be interesting to see his reaction when he realises Nucky set him up.

bremon

We need more Rothstein in S4. Going to be interesting to see his reaction when he realises Nucky set him up.
I definitely like where Season 3 left off and look forward to what this season will bring. Rothstein is such a great character. Hopefully we get a fair amount of Van Alden though, I can't help but laugh at his situation.

- Boston Herald: ‘Empire’ strikes back - HBO’s ‘Boardwalk’ returns stronger 
than ever
Some shows, however, find themselves with age. They dig deeper into their show’s characters and mythology. Welcome to a new round of HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire.”

Grade: A
- Hollywood Chicago: Amazing Ensemble Drives Success of ‘Boardwalk Empire’
Without Cannavale taking up large chunks of the narrative, the writers of “Boardwalk Empire” are free to roam this year and it leads to some fascinating places…yet they don’t yet come together in as satisfying a way as they did for me last year, to start. That’s not to say they won’t. Watching the first four episodes, I feel like I’ve read the first four chapters of a book. I’m not yet sure how the action in chapter three will relate to chapter eight. But I can’t wait to turn the next page.

I just finished watching the reason. Holy shit, I can't believe I took this long to finish the season. Richard is so bad ass and I hate Julian so fucking much. The most contemptible character on the show. I hated that Billie and Owen had to die those grisly deaths.

Helmholtz

I don't watch a lot of shows, but I'm up to date on Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and Boardwalk.

Dare I say...this is the best show on TV? Season 3 was incredible and now Ron Livingston is in 4? BRING IT!
Are we the same person? Those are basically the only shows I watch on a regular basis as well :p.
I also think it might be the best. The writing is just so good and the acting is top notch. I think Breaking Bad might be a little more exciting, but BWE is insanely well done and pretty underrated.

Cake Boss

Banned
TEAM CHICAGOOOO

CAPONE SWAGG

Cant wait, best show on tv right. I thought I will never come back after how season 2 ended but Season 3 was amazing.

Season premiere tonight:
New York Sour

Nucky makes a peace offering to Joe Masseria; Federal Agent Warren Knox arrives in Atlantic City; Gillian seeks custody of her grandson; Eli's son turns to Nucky for advice; Al Capone plans to expand his Chicago business.

I hope this season is better than the third season. Despite that I still look forward to seeing this season as most new tv shows the past years are trash.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Anyone else going to be around to post during the show? I'm hoping to have kids in bed and time to just soak up the new episode and (possibly) post responses as things go along. That was one of my favorite parts of last year's thread...watching the live reactions here.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I probably won't shift over to watching this live every week until Breaking Bad is finished up, but I'll have to see how things go.
Happy to have you here whenever! Enjoy Breaking Bad. I have never seen it... I hope to do a marathon sometime of the whole series.

What was protocol for posting during the show? It's okay to speak openly about things, right? Or spoiler-tag until the end of the broadcast?

Yeah I'll be watching Breaking Bad first.

Happy to have you here whenever! Enjoy Breaking Bad. I have never seen it... I hope to do a marathon sometime of the whole series.

What was protocol for posting during the show? It's okay to speak openly about things, right? Or spoiler-tag until the end of the broadcast?

Once it starts airing on the east coast, you're good to post anything that's aired.

Once it airs, feel free to talk about it. The only stuff that needs to be spoiler tagged is preview discussion and information about things that haven't aired yet.

inm8num2

Anyone else going to be around to post during the show? I'm hoping to have kids in bed and time to just soak up the new episode and (possibly) post responses as things go along. That was one of my favorite parts of last year's thread...watching the live reactions here.

Most of us will probably be watching Dexter.

lol, j/k

nah don't post when I watching the show but I post when the episode done then head on to watch Breaking Bad.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm pumped to watch the new season, though I most likely won't get around to this until tomorrow night. I think Boardwalk Empire will be my Monday anchor until Breaking Bad ends.

Grinchy

Banned
Jesus, i think Dexter may be even more hated on the Internet than Big Bang Theory.

There are very few people who are crazy enough to compare Big Bang Theory to shows that are actually good, so I think that's where some of the frustration comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom