• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bound (PS4) |OT| Dance the night away

irkutsk12

Neo Member
Hi,

I've got some update on Bound's camera patch.
Unfortunately due to various events we missed our December spot and because of Xmas break at Sony we should exit from FormatQA in the beginning of January. Expect the update around second week of January :(. Sorry for that....
But to leave you with some good hopes for that patch, here's the teaser video that I assembled today:

http://twitter.com/plasticdemo/status/811220997516967936

I think it's worth to wait a bit more :). Also the demo will be released together with that patch!

kanuuna

This has probably been stated over and over, but it's insane how good this looks (playing on a Pro) and sounds. Top notch. Controls feel great, too - I was a tad worried that the elaborate animations might have had an effect on the responsiveness but I was glad to be proven wrong. I only just started playing, but this is great.

irkutsk12

Neo Member
Hi,
Patch 1.03 for Bound will be available on 24th of January for US and EU, on January 25th in Asia, and on January 26th in Japan.

Changelog 1.03

Main features:

• New VR camera options added.
  • Some stability issues addressed.
New features:

• Smooth VR Camera Mode in which the camera is moving together with the character and the player can smoothly rotate it with a right stick, but cannot zoom in and out. This mode is designed for experienced VR users.
  • Alternate VR Camera option is now changed into Stationary 1 and Stationary 2 VR Camera Modes. These are recommended for users looking for a comfortable VR experience.
  • VR Camera Height option - determines if looking up and down impact VR camera height after zooming in and out. Applies only to Stationary 1 and Stationary 2 VR Camera Modes.
  • VR Camera Blinks option - determines if camera cuts are handled with a black blink, which is recommended for comfortable VR experience.
Fixes:
  • Random crashes on Trees and Pearls levels should not occur anymore.
We are always open to feedback - let us know what you think through our Twitter (@plasticdemo) or here on NeoGAF !

KalBalboa

Banned
Hi,
Patch 1.03 for Bound will be available on 24th of January for US and EU, on January 25th in Asia, and on January 26th in Japan.

Changelog 1.03

Main features:

• New VR camera options added.
  • Some stability issues addressed.
New features:

• Smooth VR Camera Mode in which the camera is moving together with the character and the player can smoothly rotate it with a right stick, but cannot zoom in and out. This mode is designed for experienced VR users.
  • Alternate VR Camera option is now changed into Stationary 1 and Stationary 2 VR Camera Modes. These are recommended for users looking for a comfortable VR experience.
  • VR Camera Height option - determines if looking up and down impact VR camera height after zooming in and out. Applies only to Stationary 1 and Stationary 2 VR Camera Modes.
  • VR Camera Blinks option - determines if camera cuts are handled with a black blink, which is recommended for comfortable VR experience.
Fixes:
  • Random crashes on Trees and Pearls levels should not occur anymore.
We are always open to feedback - let us know what you think through our Twitter (@plasticdemo) or here on NeoGAF !

Awesome. I bought Bound a few weeks back but have been waiting on the VR changes I heard were coming down the line.

andylsun

Well that was amazing. Just finished it in VR. The art, animation and music were incredible. I hadn't been spoilt on the story and it took a couple of levels to figure out what was going on.

Now to buy the soundtrack. Did it ever get released on vinyl?

Edit: iam8bit have it up for preorder, looks like that's not happening.

Double Edit: The vinyl is only 10 tracks. Double pass. Off to Itunes I go.

Bought this and last guardian, combined for 33 euro... Good times! I love these sales.
I started up bound for a few minutes and already know that I'm going to love it. Dat piano

Dinjooh

I remember watching a video regarding the way they did their 4k implementation, with sharp edges and up-ressed polygons, and something tells me it was from Digital Foundry, but I can't find it right now

- Does anyone have a link?

lQU8MF7.gif

Oxu5i62.gif

HhCvxoS.gif

tr00per

I took my time with Bound in VR and I'm so glad I did. When the
choice was given
my eyes started to swell up. When the credits rolled and the music played, I had to remove the headset because I was crying too hard to see.

Bravo, Plastic. You've really outdone yourselves.

This game spoke to me in a very profound way. From a design perspective and an emotional one as well. It's not something I think I will ever forget. Such a strong reminder of why I love video games.

If you haven't picked up this game and it interests you at all, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot. Especially if you can play it in VR. I am ready and willing for whatever Plastic does next.

(still hoping for a PSVR version of Datura :p )

Top Bottom