• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

On Chapter 6. Mainly gameplay spoilers, but some story ones.

Was starting to lose faith after Chapter 5, but the Conjuror sidequest was quite neat.

Also, abused the Mammon Elixir exploit and I feel awesome.

Now that I have the Growth Egg and Obliterate, grinding isn't so bad.

Do we already know the name of said Nemesis?

I think it might be one of the Nemeses that's already out, but it might hold or drop something nice. They didn't say.

~

I don't want to bump the old BDFF thread since people who played it last year are probably in here too, but I decided to look into the situation of Achievement and Bravely Quest DLC rewards. You might remember this from about 14 months ago.
Q. What will happen to my reward items if I start a game from "New Game" instead of the save file where I have saved my reward items?
A. If you start your game from "New Game", the acquired reward items will be deleted along with your play data.
Furthermore, the items you have received once cannot be resent, so items you acquired in the past will not be usable.
Please keep that in mind if you play a game from "New Game".

Well I checked the FAQ now, and the answer is different. You can redownload all your rewards, both Achievement and Quest ones. So if you're a completionist and you think you might have missed something in the original, you can go back.

Zornica

Banned
Mega Core X from Metroid Fusion is kicking my ass at the end of the Fire Temple...
any hint on how to remove his shield?
(In case noone got that, I am talking about the
spiky ball thing you have to defeat before agnes can wake the crystal
)

Shahadan

Mega Core X from Metroid Fusion is kicking my ass at the end of the Fire Temple...
any hint on how to remove his shield?
(In case noone got that, I am talking about the
spiky ball thing you have to defeat before agnes can wake the crystal
)

It removes its shield by itself. Just wait and be sure to default when it does its big atack. Abuse Second and friends summon while shield is off if you wanna make it easier.

Zornica

Banned
It removes its shield by itself. Just wait and be sure to default when it does its big atack. Abuse Second and friends summon while shield is off if you wanna make it easier.

oh I see...
is there any indicator that lets me know when the big black attack might be coming?

demonkaze

A quick question about some Chapter 5 Battles,
do you get anything worthwhile from redoing the Asterix holders battles, I read that chapter 7/8 has useful items/gear to steal but what about these chapters?

Shahadan

oh I see...
is there any indicator that lets me know when the big black attack might be coming?

I don't remember if it does it at regular intervals or not, but I'm quite sure it doesn't do it twice in a row, so you could just Default and wait for it.

Sadist

I got to chapter one and this is what I want from a Square-Enix RPG. And Final Fantasy ever since IX.

Controlling the amount of enemy encounters is the greatest thing in a JRPG ever.

Zornica

Banned
yeah, that's what I figured...
it was pretty easy after I got his pattern down
although the whole quest was pretty brutal...
going from the city through the mines through the caves through the temple relying solely on items for health and mana? I at least expected some kind of bedroom at the temple... but nothing

Rubixcuba

Banned
The amount of backtracking in Chapter 3 is destroying my enjoyment of the game. Having to go from one town to another just to have a few sentences of dialogue with a character is silly.

Labadal

I know this has probably been repeated to death already, but the game is more grim than one would think. Did the
Summoner
Job Quest in chapter 2 and holy crap at the conclusion. Unexpected and freaky.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The amount of backtracking in Chapter 3 is destroying my enjoyment of the game. Having to go from one town to another just to have a few sentences of dialogue with a character is silly.

Hahaha you should enjoy that while you can.

Anyone know when the new nemesis is coming out?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Is the
red mage
quest glitched for me? Blue marker over at florem but I can't find any quest indicators inside florem.

MicH

Just started playing and got the second party member. The friend stuff sounds pretty cool, looking forward to see how it actually works

Shahadan

Lightning resistance will do the trick, iirc. And remedies, of course, since he's so hot even Tiz and Ringabel will succomb to his charm.

Shahadan

Hmm, I only have one lightning resistance item though. Is it possible to buy more?

Iirc Abate Lightning is a lvl2 Summoner talent, if you have that job already. It'll help. It's not mandatory though, I suppose you can still beat him with a good Default strategy.

I got my ass handed the first time too, toggled Lightning Resistance the second time and laughed at his efforts. Was actually surprised it made a noticeable difference.

Rubixcuba

Banned
... Brace yourself.
I've got deeper into Chapter 3. Everything to do with Egil and the sheer amount of times you have to travel from Caldisla, to Grandship and Hartschild again and again is anger inducing.

The story in general so far whilst having had it's moments is pretty standard. Feels a lot like FFXII where I tuned out of the story and just grinder away for the vastly superior gameplay.
Sure hope Agnes gets less annoying too.

Jintor

Mmm, wiped the floor with the fencer and time mage. Feels goodman.

I don't really understand how the atk and phsy defence stats work. I gave Tiz two daggers that were only 5 atk better than his previous ones and it feels like he's doing almost twice as much damage now. That could just be inferior human perception though.

STHX

You can't skip summons? Mgrgrgrgrgrgr...

While there is no option to skip them directly, it will skip the summon animation and go straight to the damage if you play at 2X or 4X the speed (press right on the d-pad in battle, press left to return to normal speed).

Jintor

While there is no option to skip them directly, it will skip the summon animation and go straight to the damage if you play at 2X or 4X the speed (press right on the d-pad in battle, press left to return to normal speed).

sweet, thanks.

Labadal

I was fighting a boss in chapter 2 when the game froze my system. This is a first for me. The situation had me scared, but everything seems ok now.

I can't seem to trigger a quest near Florem. Got the Summoner job, but there's another side quest marker out on the field. The thing is that nothing happens when I walk there. Neither during day or night.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Summoners are high maintenance, but boy, that mob control!

Fritz

I was fighting a boss in chapter 2 when the game froze my system. This is a first for me. The situation had me scared, but everything seems ok now.

I can't seem to trigger a quest near Florem. Got the Summoner job, but there's another side quest marker out on the field. The thing is that nothing happens when I walk there. Neither during day or night.

Keep searching. There is a pretty prominent site there that you have to enter

Fritz

I am at chapter 3 and as far as character development goes I love how
Tiz is practically telling Agnes to shut up. They both seemed kinda bland in the beginning but I really dig Tiz now.
I also thought it was funny how heavily it's hinted at that
Ringabel is Alternis. It's so obvious that I wonder if it's a diversion.

Top Bottom