• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts 30 second Ad leaked, new console called Xbox?

Oddduck

Not sure what to think if they really do decide to call it "Xbox". Sounds confusing. Rebooting console names sounds weird.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I see they are using the Bethesda style "All New Engine" that looks a heck of a lot like the old engine.

I think the first gen (split gen, cross gen games) will all be on the same engines, just modified to heck.

They won't be able to go to an all-new engine until they stop doing titles across 360 and the new system.

Kibbles

I can't believe they are making a big deal showing off this at the Xbox Reveal. Looks like current gen CoD =\

Why do people think it will be called Xbox? The name reveal will be part of the event in 30 Minutes.
Just a placeholder in the ad.

sangreal

Just call it "Xbox" is a bad move. This can't be real.

It's definitely real, but it doesn't at all mean the console is called Xbox (though I think it will be). It's no different than all the other "Xbox" new generation stuff they have put out the last couple of weeks

KingKong

Looks like the Quake 3 engine lives on into the next generation.

john-carmack_171110.jpg

Into

Name: Good, Xbox is a good name, Infinity, Loop and all those rumored ones just sound bad

CoD: Looked really...this gen, not even as good as Gears, Uncharted or anything, i hope that is not the footage that they show, will reflect badly on the console

Xbox is just the brand that's emerged over the years.

More likely than not, 'Xbox' just refers to the fact that it's appearing on the platforms/brand as a whole rather than an ad towards a specific console.

Corsick

The fatigue I have just from playing COD 4 a lot back in the day and looking at that engine in 2013 is gigantic.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What do people think is so difficult about this?

"Yes hello I'd like to buy the new Xbox"
"OK, the Xbox 360 that came out 6 years ago or the new Xbox that came out a week ago?"
"OH GOD I DON'T KNOW I'M SO CONFUSED"

Top Bottom