• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calling Slayven: Death battle: Darth Vader VS Dr. Doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

Does Doom even have super powers? He always seemed like an awful villain to me.

Basically he's like Reed Richards in intelligence, he can build stuff like Iron Man (Doom has his suit, Doom bots and the whole thing) but he's also quite the accomplished sorcerer ala Doctor Strange albeit not that good. Still damn talented though.

Also did you know in Star Wars there is a clone trooper with a familiar green color scheme? His name.....what else....Doom!

He has an action figure too.

Does Doom even have super powers? He always seemed like an awful villain to me.

Doom is a top tier sorcerer, debatably the smartest man on his planet, equipped with a suit that makes everything on the death star look like stone age tech.

And this is BEFORE we get into how OP Secret Wars Doom is. He's actually God. Not hyperbole.

This is a bad, bad match.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
On the match:
This was no contest. Doom won from the word "go". He's crazy powerful

On the next episode:
GOD DAMN IT! Now the internet isn't going to shut up about it for 3 months. Superman won then, and he'll win again. Don't forget, even at Super Saiyan God, Goku was still no match for Beerus.

Doom is a top tier sorcerer, debatably the smartest man on his planet, equipped with a suit that makes everything on the death star look like stone age tech.

And this is BEFORE we get into how OP Secret Wars Doom is. He's actually God. Not hyperbole.

This is a bad, bad match.
Doctor Strange was always my least favorite Marvel character. I guess I'm not really a fan of the magic stuff. It just felt like cheating.

Doctor Strange was always my least favorite Marvel character. I guess I'm not really a fan of the magic stuff. It just felt like cheating.

Dooms tech is so high end he doesn't even need it. He builds working time machines from scrap parts. Has an army of Android robots so sophisticated no one can tell them apart from the actual doom.

I came in here expecting Screwattack to be stupid again and have Vader win, good to see it isnt case since it takes minimal research to realize the insane gulf in power between the two

Nether!

Not a great match up, power wise.
Vader is a mid-level telekinetic cyborg with a laser sword.
Doom is Doom.

Savitar

One thing about Doom is he doesn't let sentiment get in his way. Know how Vader became a sad angry person due to Padme dying by his hand and lost a lot of the mystique?

Doom wouldn't be sad and he'd do the killing on purpose to get a mystic suit out of it:
18londj7clxwpjpg.jpg

Like I said, guy knows his magic too.

Doom has Batman prep-time so this isn't really a contest.

Batman on his best day would have prep time comparable to what Doom could accomplish while just sitting down to take a shit.

original.jpg

Doom is so prepped that he has splinters of the true cross embedded in his armor just in case he runs into Dracula on the moon.

He's close to Doctor Strange in his ability to use Magic. His Armor is also comparable to Iron Man's.

Doom's armor makes Iron Man's stuff look like a grade school science fair project.

This "fight" is ridiculously one sided in Doom's favor.

One thing about Doom is he doesn't let sentiment get in his way. Know how Vader became a sad angry person due to Padme dying by his hand and lost a lot of the mystique?

Doom wouldn't be sad and he'd do the killing on purpose to get a mystic suit out of it:
18londj7clxwpjpg.jpg

Like I said, guy knows his magic too.

Doom could fight Vader butt ass naked and drunk and STILL win

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Assuming you can equate the force to Marvel-universe magic, it wouldn't even be a contest. Even without that assumption, if Doom didn't have a specific counter to, say, being force choked, I still find it hard to believe Vader would win based on all the other ways Doom is his superior.

This is coming from someone who has been a Star Wars fanboy since childhood and never been much of a comic reader.

Just out of curiosity, who would you consider a great comic book villain?
My personal favorites are Magneto and Harry's Green Goblin. I prefer tragic figures who havea good story behind them. I never cared for anything I read of Doom.
Edit: don't sleep on Mole Man.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Just out of curiosity, who would you consider a great comic book villain?
Most of them are not good imo. The only couple standout ones would be Holiday from Long Halloween and the cult and the Great Beyond evil thing (i cant remember either of their names) from Swamp Thing.

ElFly

Doom always gets a lot of hype, but the last time I checked, the Accursed Richards was still walking around and raising a family.

T'Zariah

Banned
Doom always gets a lot of hype, but the last time I checked, the Accursed Richards was still walking around and raising a family.

Not even Doom would want to ACTUALLY piss off Richards.

That's just asking for you to take a massive L

ReiGun

On the match:

On the next episode:
GOD DAMN IT! Now the internet isn't going to shut up about it for 3 months. Superman won then, and he'll win again. Don't forget, even at Super Saiyan God, Goku was still no match for Beerus.

They'll find some way for Goku to win. If only to get the fans off their back. I'm guessing Supes'll use Super Flare, rendering him powerless, allowing Goku to get the W.

Assuming you can equate the force to Marvel-universe magic, it wouldn't even be a contest. Even without that assumption, if Doom didn't have a specific counter to, say, being force choked, I still find it hard to believe Vader would win based on all the other ways Doom is his superior.

This is coming from someone who has been a Star Wars fanboy since childhood and never been much of a comic reader.

Doom has resisted mind control, without his protective helmet, through sheer will, I don't think the Force would do much to him.

...So are there any good Doom collections out there that revolve around him? He needs his own series. Where he does Doom things.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
On the match:

On the next episode:

I hope they dont spoil resurrection F too much, ive been on a blackout for it, the only thing ive seen really is a short clip of whiz owning goku and vegeta without even doing shit.

I knew next to nothing about Dr. Doom, but after reading some comments about this on another forum when the fight was announced,
it was obvious Vader was woefully outclassed. I was actually slightly disappointed in the outcome because it was so predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom