• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calling Slayven: Death battle: Darth Vader VS Dr. Doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yes. If you can, read Time Runs Out first to get some of the set up, but you can jump into Secret Wars cold and be fine.

Now, if you want to be crazy, read the entire runs of Avengers and New Avengers by Hickman for the multi year set up for Secret Wars.

Extra crazy? Read Hickman's Fantastic Four and FF run too.

is there a handy list for this stuff like that one for Marvel cosmic?

I've read through the Dragonball Z portion of the Dragonball manga, and seen most episodes of the show. Ignoring the fact that Superman would have no reason to fight him, Clark could just fly through Goku at light speed as he is gathering chi if he really wanted to. Z Warriors don't really have much defense compared to heavy hitters in the DCU.

Pretty much. There was an active thread on all sides on the Goku vs Superman business, and consensus came down to the fact that the Z warriors have very high energy projection but very LOW physical strength compared to the DC/Marvel top tier.

N52 superman (the most current at the time) had a strength level in the quadrillions of tons range, bench pressing the combined weight of the planet for days without stopping.

Modern era superman punched wonder woman from the sun to the earth in seconds.

Golden age superman was so absurd he makes the above examples look downright conservative. That's the one that was sneezing galaxies into oblivion. Good luck there.

None of the Z fighters is going to be able to tank that kind of physical hit.

Combine that with a damage soak so high that he can hang out in suns and black holes without taking damage and it's difficult to see how anyone in DBZ could even damage the guy.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Pretty much. There was an active thread on all sides on the Goku vs Superman business, and consensus came down to the fact that the Z warriors have very high energy projection but very LOW physical strength compared to the DC/Marvel top tier.

N52 superman (the most current at the time) had a strength level in the quadrillions of tons range, bench pressing the combined weight of the planet for days without stopping.

Golden age superman was so absurd he makes the above examples look downright conservative. That's the one that was sneezing galaxies into oblivion. Good luck there.

Combine that with a damage soak so high that he can hang out in suns and black holes without taking damage and it's difficult to see how anyone in DBZ could even damage the guy.

Don't forget that in the original battle, they had to discard everything Pre-Crisis to even give Goku a fighting chance, and he still lost!

DBZ characters have weird durability, they can at the minimum withstand the force of an exploding planet, Frieza survived when he was practically already dead.

Yet they can still by hurt by punches from other characters whose force isnt anywhere near that of an exploding planet.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
DBZ characters have weird durability, they can at the minimum withstand the force of an exploding planet, Frieza survived when he was practically already dead.

Yet they can still by hurt by punches from other characters whose force isnt anywhere near that of an exploding planet.

Usually thats done for comedy and usually from their wives/lovers.

kswiston

is there a handy list for this stuff like that one for Marvel cosmic?

PART 1) Hickman's Fantastic Four

- Dark Reign: Fantastic Four (sort of a prelude. Not super important)
- Fantastic Four 570-588
- FF 1-11
- Fantastic Four 600
- Alternate between Fantastic Four (601-611) and FF (12-23) since they often played off the same events until Hickman's run ended

PART 2) Hickman's Avengers

Hickman's books are only very losely connected until Infinity. They have a little more in the way of cross connections after that, until the Time Runs Out arc where they might as well be a single title. Here is the reading order from the Time Runs Out thread.

- New Avengers #1-3
- Avengers #1-4
- New Avengers #4
- Avengers #5
- New Avengers #5-6
- Avengers #6-13
- New Avengers #7
- Avengers #14-17
- New Avengers #8
- Infinity #1
- Avengers #18
- New Avengers #9
- Infinity #2
- Avengers #19
- New Avengers #10
- Infinity #3
- Avengers #20
- Infinity #4
- Avengers #21
- New Avengers #11
- Infinity #5
- Avengers #22-23
- Infinity #6
- New Avengers #12
- Avengers #24
- New Avengers #13-15
- Avengers #25-28
- New Avengers #16-17
- Avengers #29-34
- New Avengers #18-23
- Avengers #35
- New Avengers #24
- Avengers #36
- New Avengers #25
- Avengers #37
- New Avengers #26
- Avengers #38
- New Avengers #27
- Avengers #39
- New Avengers #28
- Avengers #40
- New Avengers #29
- Avengers #41
- New Avengers #30
- Avengers #42
- New Avengers #31-32
- Avengers #43
- New Avengers #33
- Avengers #44

PART 3) Secret Wars
- Secret Wars 1-8
- If you feel like reading some of the tie ins, you can, but the main book tells the main story.

Most of the first two parts should be up on Marvel Unlimited.

BFR would fuck them up. Superman really just has to punch them to space, and they're dead. Also, the "Kamehameha to the Sun" trick wouldn't work out so good.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
70irw.jpg

a straight to the point Vader has no chance

Don't forget that in the original battle, they had to discard everything Pre-Crisis to even give Goku a fighting chance, and he still lost!

Yep. There's a scan somewhere of modern era superman flying from earth to Jupiter in about 30 seconds, plowing straight through a moon and carving it in half en route to god knows where. Didn't even slow him down.

Why? Because lex luthor got elected president.

Usually thats done for comedy and usually from their wives/lovers.

No im talking about real fights, no DBZ characters has ever displayed the physical strength to shatter a planet in one punch for instance, the biggest feat in the series was SSJ3 Goku blowing a hole out the back King Kai's small little rock and he definitely wasn't holding back. The ki attacks of DBZ characters are orders of magnitude more powerful than their physical attacks.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
PART 1) Hickman's Fantastic Four

- Dark Reign: Fantastic Four (sort of a prelude. Not super important)
- Fantastic Four 570-588
- FF 1-11
- Fantastic Four 600
- Alternate between Fantastic Four (601-611) and FF (12-23) since they often played off the same events until Hickman's run ended

PART 2) Hickman's Avengers

Hickman's books are only very losely connected until Infinity. They have a little more in the way of cross connections after that, until the Time Runs Out arc where they might as well be a single title. Here is the reading order from the Time Runs Out thread.

- New Avengers #1-3
- Avengers #1-4
- New Avengers #4
- Avengers #5
- New Avengers #5-6
- Avengers #6-13
- New Avengers #7
- Avengers #14-17
- New Avengers #8
- Infinity #1
- Avengers #18
- New Avengers #9
- Infinity #2
- Avengers #19
- New Avengers #10
- Infinity #3
- Avengers #20
- Infinity #4
- Avengers #21
- New Avengers #11
- Infinity #5
- Avengers #22-23
- Infinity #6
- New Avengers #12
- Avengers #24
- New Avengers #13-15
- Avengers #25-28
- New Avengers #16-17
- Avengers #29-34
- New Avengers #18-23
- Avengers #35
- New Avengers #24
- Avengers #36
- New Avengers #25
- Avengers #37
- New Avengers #26
- Avengers #38
- New Avengers #27
- Avengers #39
- New Avengers #28
- Avengers #40
- New Avengers #29
- Avengers #41
- New Avengers #30
- Avengers #42
- New Avengers #31-32
- Avengers #43
- New Avengers #33
- Avengers #44

PART 3) Secret Wars
- Secret Wars 1-8
- If you feel like reading some of the tie ins, you can, but the main book tells the main story.

Most of the first two parts should be up on Marvel Unlimited.

Thank you! Really appreciated.

Random Hickman related question, did S.H.I.E.L.D. ever lead anywhere?

Heroman

Banned
No im talking about real fights, no DBZ characters has ever displayed the physical strength to shatter a planet in one punch for instance, the biggest feat in the series was SSJ3 Goku blowing a hole out the back King Kai's small little rock and he definitely wasn't holding back. The ki attacks of DBZ characters are orders of magnitude more powerful than their physical attacks.
Goku punching through king kai planet show great physical attack, that planet is like super dense.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Why is this a thing? Do people really think Vader is ultra powerful? I like Star Wars but he has telekinesis and a plasma sword....like Psylocke, only no boobs or asian/white switcharoo

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
its fun and harmless

Oh I get that, but I didn't know if there were certain people that really thought Darth Vader was this god tier bad ass and would assume he would wreck whoever in his way.

I'd be more interested to know how a Marvel writer would treat Vader as a Marvel universe character and how they would interpret his skill set.
He would probably become more powerful than he could possibly imagine.

Donos

Better fight would be THANOS vs Doom !

From all i read on wikipedia and gaf, Doom is Elite Tier villian with a lot of "skills", gear and prep time.

Sagroth

It's been pretty well established that the only reason is not either the Sorcerer Supreme or the best scientist in the Marvel U is because he divided his attention between the two. As it is, when a competition was held to determine Sorcerer Supreme, he still managed to come in second. In a miniseries, Reed had to grow new brain structures using his stretching powers to counter a serious Doom's intelligence and planning.

Also, Vader's cybernetics are nowhere near as advanced as Doom's armor from a technological standpoint, let alone a magical one. Vader can't even use Force Lightning because it will short his systems out.

Really, it's not even close, and that's not counting the many powerups Doom has gotten over the years.

Dahbomb

Dr Doom is one of those villains that should never actually lose but does because of plot armors/writing and well him being a villain necessitates him losing in general.

I'm sorry but we all knew from the start that Doom was OP as hell and there was no way Vader would even stand a chance.. I really wish screwattack would stop doing those one sided death battles.

McNum

This result seems about right.

I mean, I get the thematic choice of opponents. Villain in armor with cape vs. villain in armor with cape. Vader/Doom sounds like a fun matchup from that. But... no. Doom is just a level of his own. Doom/Superman would be a fairer fight, and even then I'd bet on Doom.

As for the next one. (Resurrection F spoilers)

So, am I the only one noticing that Superman is wearing his New 52 outfit? Could that be the rematch stipulation? Only the most recent incarnations of the characters, meaning significantly weaker New 52 Superman vs. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku? (Yes, the blue haired version is called that. Really!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom