• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calling Slayven: Death battle: Darth Vader VS Dr. Doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom had Susan Richards send out invites to a symposium on how to defeat Reed Richards. And Doom hosted it at the Baxter Building with Reed there. Sure, part of it was Reed's idea to help some the other Reeds, but Doom gets style points for how it was handled.

B9tJE6kIcAALvju.jpg

Slayven

Doom had Susan Richards send out invites to a symposium on how to defeat Reed Richards. And Doom hosted it at the Baxter Building with Reed there. Sure, part of it was Reed's idea to help some the other Reeds, but Doom gets style points for how it was handled.

B9tJE6kIcAALvju.jpg

I like how it turned into a Reed Richards roast hosted by his daughter

ffv2004intlr-5.jpg

How you going to let AIM clown you in your own house, in front of your kids?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh yeah who's that purple Marvel villain. I keep seeing him but his name escapes me. Wasn't he the one who also pioneered pirating audio files as a crime racket?

No, but they are close.
He delivered Valaria, they have an interesting relationship

tm22xiy.jpg

Doom is always there for the kids

tumblr_nchm3rx0t61rsus6so1_500.jpg

I need more of this, this is SaintWalker x Arkillo levels of cuteness

DOOM! & Valeria's relationship gives me the warm fuzzies every time I see it and I love watching Victor put that asshole-ish RICHARDS!! in his rightful place.

On the other hand... Superman VS. Goku again?
I sincerely hope the match gets interrupted when Brainiac & Freiza team up to destroy the earth since those two idiots are too busy fighting each other
and then Superman & Goku have to perform the Fusion dance to become FANBOY WET DREAM and defeat the villains.

T'Zariah

Banned
My favorite Doom story is when he cured The Thing of his "ailment" and he was able to be human and the Thing of the press of a button and turned his former enemy into his ally, if only temporally.

Doom is GOAT.

:lol

On the other hand... Superman VS. Goku again?
I sincerely hope the match gets interrupted when Brainiac & Freiza team up to destroy the earth since those two idiots are too busy fighting each other
and then Superman & Goku have to perform the Fusion dance to become FANBOY WET DREAM and defeat the villains.

its the argument that never dies- despite having only one outcome.

T'Zariah

Banned
So, wait, Manmademen. Screw attack DID post all of those feats, right?

So why the fuck are people still arguing in favor of Goku, then?

o_O

o_O
Fanboyism. Pain and simple. Many people who claim to know Superman and favor Goku in the fight only know the versions of Kal from popular media. The Timm cartoons, recent movies, and such don't really give the full picture on Supes.

Supes vs. SSG Goku.. And MasakoX is doing the voice?!

The match could end with them going out for ice cream tgether for all I care, this is going to be Fucking Amazeballs!

EDIT: Oh, and yeah, Doom wins. Doom ALWAYS Wins. If anyone tells you any different, it was a DoomBot.

(We do not speak of the incident with Squirrel Girl.)

What about this.

Wonder Woman goes through a gauntlet of DBZ characters.

How far does she go?

she's only marginally less powerful than superman is, a much better fighter, and routinely runs around with magical equipment that would one shot kill or immobilize all of them.

I've been trying to think of a Star Wars character that could at least put a small dent in Doom's armor before dying.

The most powerful thing I can think of is an EU Sidious force storm(it destroys the fabric of space-time), it can raze the surface of a planet and wipe out entire star fleets. That aint shit to compared to what Doom's force fields have stood up to.

There are hax abilities like Darth Nihilus crazy ass force drain(he once instantly lifewiped a planet cause it had force users on it) but I can't see Doom's armor not having some magical defense against bullshit like that.

I've been trying to think of a Star Wars character that could at least put a small dent in Doom's armor before dying.

The most powerful thing I can think of is an EU Sidious force storm(it destroys the fabric of space-time), it can raze the surface of a planet and wipe out entire star fleets. That aint shit to compared to what Doom's force fields have stood up to.

There are hax abilities like Darth Nihilus crazy ass force drain(he once instantly lifewiped a planet cause it had force users on it) but I can't see Doom's armor not having some magical defense against bullshit like that.

Doom's armor has magical wards all over it, in addition to a bunch of crazy tech. There's also this:

original.jpg

Do wonder if pre-godhood Vic could tackle Morgan le Fay nowadays.

I don't think he can. they ran across each other not too long ago and it went badly. As a sorceress she was just too OP.

edit: ah, had to look this one up...it's debatable.

During the Dark Reign storyline, Morgan appears in Dark Avengers as the team's first nemesis.[15] She used a spell to peer into the future and witnessed the formation of the Cabal. She somehow traveled into the future with an army of demons.[16] At first, she attempted to kill Doom when he was a child, but then decided to go ahead several decades, so that Doom could fully know why she was going to kill him, choosing after the Skrull invasion and engaged Doom in magical combat. As Doom begins to lose, a HAMMER soldier calls Osborn, and the Dark Avengers arrive to rescue Doom. The Sentry tears off her head, but she subsequently violently reappeared in his place, and took control over the new Spider-Man, who attacked Ares.[17] She is killed again by the new Hawkeye, but she reappears again. She and her demons are seen fighting the Dark Avengers, while Doom and Iron Patriot travel back in time to kill her in her own time.[18] However, when they arrive, after an unsuccessful magical assault on the two men (due to the considerable amount of iron in their armor suits, the one substance her faerie enchantments cannot affect), she reveals to Osborn of her knowledge that Doom plans to betray her and that if they kill her, then it will affect Doom's own lifeline, claiming Doom will fall to his nature and betray Osborn; Doom responds by chanting a spell of a language that even she possesses no knowledge to forcibly send the sorceress into her own enchanted cauldron, despite her screams and pleas. Though Morgan lives, she is sent to 1,000,000 BC where she runs from a tribe of cavemen fighting a Tyrannosaurus. Doctor Doom magically restores Latveria and the revived Dark Avengers head back to America

I think they should've waited to do a Superman Goku rematch until Dragonball Super was halfway through. He's likely going to get more power boosts in it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

o_O

One factor is some of the math comes into question, thing is akira toriyama has done dragonball power levels weird. By the time vegeta showed up in the story, vegeta could easily blow up the earth, by the time they showed up at namek, characters like krillin are like way past vegeta's level when he first showed up, but toriyama didnt bother to show feats above this usually because they were the heroes and dont attempt to blow up any planets.

This leads to being hard to find information on how actually strong they are, especially in later chapters. The last death battle they used things like goku's speed on snake way to determine how fast he was, allll the way at near the beginning of Z, goku is so much more faster and stronger than that now without SSJG, its even made laughable because yamcha, tien, chaotzu and piccolo get there in record time after they die.

With the super saiyan god movies and most likely the TV show coming up which death battle really should have waited before doing this, it seems they go to show small things like beerus and goku having full on conversations aswell as fighting as droplets of water are frozen in the air to show just how fast they were going in battle of gods.

Its funny if you imagine doom does the doom says thing because he thinks its funny and a joke just gone on too long that everyone else thinks is weird

But he's still a fairly competent villain

Sort of a social weirdo who only gets respect because he can kill you

Slayven

Its funny if you imagine doom does the doom says thing because he thinks its funny and a joke just gone on too long that everyone else thinks is weird

But he's still a fairly competent villain

Sort of a social weirdo who only gets respect because he can kill you
ASM50v2_01.jpg

One factor is some of the math comes into question, thing is akira toriyama has done dragonball power levels weird. By the time vegeta showed up in the story, vegeta could easily blow up the earth, by the time they showed up at namek, characters like krillin are like way past vegeta's level when he first showed up, but toriyama didnt bother to show feats above this usually because they were the heroes and dont attempt to blow up any planets.

This leads to being hard to find information on how actually strong they are, especially in later chapters. The last death battle they used things like goku's speed on snake way to determine how fast he was, allll the way at near the beginning of Z, goku is so much more faster and stronger than that now without SSJG, its even made laughable because yamcha, tien, chaotzu and piccolo get there in record time after they die.

With the super saiyan god movies and most likely the TV show coming up which death battle really should have waited before doing this, it seems they go to show small things like beerus and goku having full on conversations aswell as fighting as droplets of water are frozen in the air to show just how fast they were going in battle of gods.

None of this matters. There are already scans in the thread of superman tanking the force of multiple supernovas without so much as a nosebleed, and absorbing enough power to vaporize half the galaxy like its no big deal.

No one is putting out that kind of power in DBZ no matter how much you play with power levels.

And speed? I can easily show you Clark going 740 million miles in 4 minutes...or about 20X light speed. And he's traveled interstellar distances faster than that.

edit: just for shits and giggles I looked up his fastest speed feats: N52 Superman went from earth to pluto and back in about 2 minutes, and All Star Superman went from Earth to Alpha centauri and back- about 8.6 light years- in the time it takes to finish a sentence. Trying to debate "speed" here is futile.

At that level you're so fast that a speed debate is useless.

T'Zariah

Banned
None of this matters. There are already scans in the thread of superman tanking the force of multiple supernovas without so much as a nosebleed, and absorbing enough power to vaporize half the galaxy like its no big deal.

No one is putting out that kind of power in DBZ no matter how much you play with power levels.

And speed? I can easily show you Clark going 740 million miles in 4 minutes...or about 20X light speed. And he's traveled interstellar distances faster than that.

At that level you're so fast that a speed debate is useless.

Well, Speed Force, and Flash, tho.

:p

kswiston

When we talk about DBZ blowing up planets, we mean that they sit there for a moment or two gathering their energy, before releasing a big energy attack. Superman can just fly through planets.

Goku trains at 300-400x gravity to improve his strength and agility. Superman can move planets with his bare hands, and can flight faster than light speed.

Superman is broken in comparison.

hey DBZ finally has a new feat now, Beerus literally tapped his finger on a table and blew apart half a planet(and could've done the whole thing if he wanted to)

won't change much besides saying DBZ guys in that tier are super casual planet busters.

hey DBZ finally has a new feat now, Beerus literally tapped his finger on a table and blew apart half a planet(and could've done the whole thing if he wanted to)

won't change much besides saying DBZ guys in that tier are super casual planet busters.

how interesting! Maybe he's ready to play with the big dogs then.

jla_sm29.jpg

jla_sm30.jpg

jla_sm31.jpg

Superman 1 million- with an assist- moves an entire galaxy that was speeding towards him with force vision. Even if you divide that in half and assume titano is carring half the load, how much force does it take to move half a goddamned galaxy?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
wait so would this fight be in a place where both doom and vader could have the force because if so....Dr Doom just became a JediSith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom