• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calling Slayven: Death battle: Darth Vader VS Dr. Doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
AoU was such a non-event.

I wanted to make a thread where anyone interested in Ultron after seeing the Avengers 2 trailer, should read AoU by Bendis.

In nearly every universe, Reeds have been making Dooms turn in to useless vegetables.

True, but 616 tends to be the home of the "prime" versions of all characters. You can look to Galactus here, or even Thanos. Secret wars notes that 616 Thanos is "vastly" more powerful than every other variant.

ReiGun

Superman vs Batman fights always involve some plot induced stupidity on the part of everyone who isn't Batman.

That's the secret of "prep time:" everyone else becomes stupid so Batman can look like a threat.

When he confronts Leaguers in their books, they regard him as an annoyance at best.

Aylinato

That's the secret of "prep time:" everyone else becomes stupid so Batman can look like a threat.

When he confronts Leaguers in their books, they regard him as an annoyance at best.

Except hal jordan who batman beats down just for fun. :p

PsychBat!

Banned
True, but 616 tends to be the home of the "prime" versions of all characters. You can look to Galactus here, or even Thanos. Secret wars notes that 616 Thanos is "vastly" more powerful than every other variant.

It's cuz 616 is where it's at.

If you hang out in 1610, you're a square.

Definitely true. Batman's victories sort of rely on prep time though, can't say the same for Doom. Surprise him coming out of the spa in a towel and your ass is still grass.

The weird thing though is that followed to the logical conclusion batman SHOULD be Doom. Master magic and crazy science, use your resources to use androids, drones, and power suits- but despite the money and intellect beating criminals in the face in his bat themed underoos is his solution for Gotham's crime problems.

Definitely true. Batman's victories sort of rely on prep time though, can't say the same for Doom. Surprise him coming out of the spa in a towel and your ass is still grass.

The weird thing though is that followed to the logical conclusion batman SHOULD be Doom. Master magic and crazy science, use your resources to use androids, drones, and power suits- but despite the money and intellect beating criminals in the face in his bat themed underoos is his solution for Gotham's crime problems.

But then watch people complain endlessly that he's no longer Batman. Ugh.

ReiGun

True. The same could be said for Luthor, though he would never use magic because he can't quantify it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
None of this matters. There are already scans in the thread of superman tanking the force of multiple supernovas without so much as a nosebleed, and absorbing enough power to vaporize half the galaxy like its no big deal.

No one is putting out that kind of power in DBZ no matter how much you play with power levels.

And speed? I can easily show you Clark going 740 million miles in 4 minutes...or about 20X light speed. And he's traveled interstellar distances faster than that.

edit: just for shits and giggles I looked up his fastest speed feats: N52 Superman went from earth to pluto and back in about 2 minutes, and All Star Superman went from Earth to Alpha centauri and back- about 8.6 light years- in the time it takes to finish a sentence. Trying to debate "speed" here is futile.

At that level you're so fast that a speed debate is useless.
The point is though, we dont know how strong and fast they actually are because akira did a bad job of presenting how strong they were or rather, he couldnt because he kept most of the battles on earth, it was said that beerus can just casually destroy solar systems and galaxies, infact that was his job, but that didnt happen because they were on earth and he said he wouldnt harm it right then and there if goku or anyone else defeated him.
there's also this little story...

Doom16_zps8128fcb0.png

Doom17_zps49bd1408.png

Doom18_zpsdfbf32c5.png

non canon though, sadly.

Whats the context of this btw?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
None of this matters. There are already scans in the thread of superman tanking the force of multiple supernovas without so much as a nosebleed, and absorbing enough power to vaporize half the galaxy like its no big deal.

No one is putting out that kind of power in DBZ no matter how much you play with power levels.

And speed? I can easily show you Clark going 740 million miles in 4 minutes...or about 20X light speed. And he's traveled interstellar distances faster than that.

edit: just for shits and giggles I looked up his fastest speed feats: N52 Superman went from earth to pluto and back in about 2 minutes, and All Star Superman went from Earth to Alpha centauri and back- about 8.6 light years- in the time it takes to finish a sentence. Trying to debate "speed" here is futile.

At that level you're so fast that a speed debate is useless.

Let us not forget the time superman flew so fast that he almost ...left the physical plane and went into the great beyond...and the Spectre had to stop him because he's a physical mortal being and shouldn't be there....

Adnor

Banned
amazing to think that with all this, Reed Richards still manages to be so successful in keeping Doom in check

most of the time

Doom may be the second smartest guy in the Marvel Universe, but Reed's the smartest.

And Valeria will be even smarter than them.

He's used them quite a bit. Decided to create a whole universe filled with people like him. Didn't go very well.

For such a smart guy, you'd have thought he might have foreseen the issues with that plan.

I'm team Doom on this one. Given time to come up with a plan, I'm pretty sure he could foil Vader.

The ability to use the force is insignificant compared to the power cosmic then, eh?

By quite a bit.

Even if you were to limit the PC to "just" what surfer can do, as opposed to what Galactus does with the "full" PC it's not in the same ballpark. Surfer is a goddamned monster.

Again, quantifying what we've seen the force do in movies, television, games etc that are considered canon now- no idea what goes on in the expanded universe. But even there it's tough to see any force user exceeding a pissed off Galactus.

Slayven

So uh

Why is Apocalypse a terrible villain?
He is a hypocrite

By quite a bit.

Even if you were to limit the PC to "just" what surfer can do, as opposed to what Galactus does with the "full" PC it's not in the same ballpark. Surfer is a goddamned monster.

Again, quantifying what we've seen the force do in movies, television, games etc that are considered canon now- no idea what goes on in the expanded universe. But even there it's tough to see any force user exceeding a pissed off Galactus.
Pissed of Galactus? I don't think any force user could out perform a pissed off Air Walker

He is a hypocrite

Pissed of Galactus? I don't think any force user could out perform a pissed off Air Walker

well, I've heard of people doing crazy things in the expanded universe, but I can't really be bothered to go cruising through the mess that is wookieepedia trying to find examples.

There might be someone, somewhere that's stronger than surfer is somewhere in the star wars expanded universe (though i seriously doubt this), but there's no one as stupid powerful as a Galactus that gives no fucks.

T'Zariah

Banned
I've been reading some X-men in the last few days.

Lmao, Vader couldn't even beat scrub tier Magneto, let alone the one with FTL reaction times and forcefields.

well, I've heard of people doing crazy things in the expanded universe, but I can't really be bothered to go cruising through the mess that is wookieepedia trying to find examples.

There might be someone, somewhere that's stronger than surfer is somewhere in the star wars expanded universe (though i seriously doubt this), but there's no one as stupid powerful as a Galactus that gives no fucks.

there isn't anyone on the level of Silver Surfer. the biggest feat I read was one Jedi taking down battle cruisers from orbit. that's about it.

I've been reading some X-men in the last few days.

Lmao, Vader couldn't even beat scrub tier Magneto, let alone the one with FTL reaction times and forcefields.

To put this in perspective, consider that the super star destroyer is 2200 meters long ( I just looked this up). about a mile, give or take.

Magneto in his prime levitated an asteroid the size of manhattan- roughly 13 miles- while immobilizing four teams of Xmen at the same time just to trash talk them.

Magneto could take the entire imperial fleet out *by himself*

Slayven

To put this in perspective, consider that the super star destroyer is 2200 meters long ( I just looked this up). about a mile, give or take.

Magneto in his prime levitated an asteroid the size of manhattan- roughly 13 miles- while immobilizing four teams of Xmen at the same time just to trash talk them.

Magneto could take the entire imperial fleet out *by himself*

Magneto joins Longshot, and Colossus as the only people to solo Proteus

T'Zariah

Banned
3PXDgwv.jpg

:lol

For those who don't know the context, Magneto is manipulating the Earth's magnetic field so he can he choose where to put EMPs in certain places for the planet to be without power.

While doing this, he is simultaneously NUKED by the military, and survives

Slayven

3PXDgwv.jpg

:lol

For those who don't know the context, Magneto is manipulating the Earth's magnetic field so he can he choose where to put EMPs in certain places for the planet to be without power.

While doing this, he is simultaneously NUKED by the military, and survives

Best force field in the game, sorry Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom