• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calling Slayven: Death battle: Darth Vader VS Dr. Doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's used them quite a bit. Decided to create a whole universe filled with people like him. Didn't go very well.

there's also this little story...

Doom16_zps8128fcb0.png

Doom17_zps49bd1408.png

Doom18_zpsdfbf32c5.png

non canon though, sadly.

kswiston

Him not dying against a few celestials in Hickman's Fantastic Four is in continuity and is extremely impressive for someone without a plot device weapon like a cosmic cube or Thor's stupid axe.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
The force after wielding the power cosmic? Would be like eating dog food after Kobe beef.

wait which doom we talking about here, one with all his shit from storage? Because he'd just time platform Vaders ass without much effort. Doom has Molecule man on tap, some of the beyonders power on tap, sorcery from demons, time travel, he ganked a bunch of vibranium from wakanda, another dimensions infinity gauntlet, some stolen Destroyer armor tech ...the list is long .

I don't think he would ignore the force if he were in SW's world he clearly would be able to use it along with his other 421 abilities and technologies and training on top of his insane intellect. Not saying it would become a staple in his arsenal either , but i doubt he would let that remain an unknown to him he would in the very least investigate , master and asses "the force" .

wait which doom we talking about here, one with all his shit from storage? Because he'd just time platform Vaders ass without much effort. Doom has Molecule man on tap, some of the beyonders power on tap, sorcery from demons, time travel, he ganked a bunch of vibranium from wakanda, another dimensions infinity gauntlet, some stolen Destroyer armor tech ...the list is long .

I don't think he would ignore the force if he were in SW's world he clearly would be able to use it along with his other 421 abilities and technologies and training on top of his insane intellect. Not saying it would become a staple in his arsenal either , but i doubt he would let that remain an unknown to him he would in the very least investigate , master and asses "the force" .

the problem is that the force (at least as it pertains to the stuff we've seen Vader do onscreen, and not the EU novels) isn't really much better than what a C tier telepath/telekinetic can pull off. There have to be dozens of those running around manhattan alone, and lightsabers are the literal definition of trash weapons.

if there was value in that power set, doom would have had it already.

kswiston

Does Doom ever use his time platform to bump off people before they are a threat? That seems like something that Doom would consider cowardly. His ego would insist that he best his opponents outright.

EDIT: That reminds me. Marvel continues to state that Doom either invented the time machine or has the only true time machine. However, they have conflicted both of those statements in continuity several times. Drives me crazy. Keep your facts straight editors! :p

zeemumu

the problem is that the force (at least as it pertains to the stuff we've seen Vader do onscreen, and not the EU novels) isn't really much better than what a C tier telepath/telekinetic can pull off. There have to be dozens of those running around manhattan alone.

Vader is pretty limited in the force due to being mostly robot. It can do some crazy stuff that he never uses in the film or EU.

Vader is pretty limited in the force due to being mostly robot. It can do some crazy stuff that he never uses in the film or EU.

I don't read the EU (really..who has the time?) but I have seen all the mainstream films, some of the cartoon, and played through KOTOR 1 and 2.

Nowhere in any of that is there any jedi pulling off anything better than a scrub tier TP/TK gets away with. God help them if they ran into someone legitimate like say, Rachael Grey, Chamber, or Justice.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
the problem is that the force (at least as it pertains to the stuff we've seen Vader do onscreen, and not the EU novels) isn't really much better than what a C tier telepath/telekinetic can pull off. There have to be dozens of those running around manhattan alone, and lightsabers are the literal definition of trash weapons.

i dont think doom would ever need a lightsaber or use one for that matter, was just saying he wouldn't let the force be an unknown to him he would learn and master it if he felt the "Starwars" universe were worth his time to rule. I know he has tons of powers, but i dont think he would already have "the force" i think part of the idea about this fight is they are two separate universes that have never encountered each other. Hence why i said doom would quickly figure out the force if he were in Star Wars land whether he ever intended to use it or not. He took over the world with Purple Man and yet relented for example.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Does Doom ever use his time platform to bump off people before they are a threat? That seems like something that Doom would consider cowardly. His ego would insist that he best his opponents outright.

EDIT: That reminds me. Marvel continues to state that Doom either invented the time machine or has the only true time machine. However, they have conflicted both of those statements in continuity several times. Drives me crazy. Keep your facts straight editors! :p

You just described Kang The Conqueror

Varna

That fight should have lasted 10 second. I don't see any way Vader can damage or defend himself against Doom.

Why would they be doing Goku Vs Superman again? The problem with getting some kind of measure of power out of DBZ characters is that power stopped looking any different after the end of DB. Even weak characters can destroy mountains, planets and move super fast. Going by visuals alone Tien Vs Cell looked way more impressive then Goku Vs Cell for example in terms of power.

Goku in god form didn't do anything new other then fight in space...

You want Marvel to enact proper editorial standards? Bwahhahahahahaha

Anyway, Vic's generally considered to be the only one with a machine capable of enacting changes on the 616 timeline, instead of spawning new timelines with every change.

When Kang goes back to the past, all that means is that in the 616 timeline kang had already gone back to the past, starting from, say, 615 or whatever and writing what happened into 616.

there's also this little story...

non canon though, sadly.

He also had beyonder powers there, tho.

T'Zariah

Banned
i dont think doom would ever need a lightsaber or use one for that matter, was just saying he wouldn't let the force be an unknown to him he would learn and master it if he felt the "Starwars" universe were worth his time to rule. I know he has tons of powers, but i dont think he would already have "the force" i think part of the idea about this fight is they are two separate universes that have never encountered each other. Hence why i said doom would quickly figure out the force if he were in Star Wars land whether he ever intended to use it or not. He took over the world with Purple Man and yet relented for example.

Doom would probably be smart enough to program every Midochlorian in the galaxy to do his bidding.

He turned every person that visited a nation (Wakanda I think?) into a living spy weapon. Everything they saw was recorded, everything they heard? recorded. Felt? Recorded. All through machines small enough to avoid detection, on the nano molecular scale hidden inside their bodies

i missed this one. Doom didn't invent the time machine.

Here's what happens: whenever someone time travels in the marvel universe, the changes they make there (and there are always changes, no matter how minor) cause the timeline to spinter into a separate continuity. So if you were in say, earth 1, time traveled back ten days you would create a separate earth 2 with those changes but the events of earth 1 would remain unaltered.

Doom's time machine is the only one that doesn't do this- it allows the user to change their own timeline. This is how the actual teen xmen ended up in the present day, and why if any of them get killed or injured reality is beyond fucked.

edit: abuse of the thing in Age of Ultron was the straw in the camel's back that "broke time" so to speak.

kswiston

You want Marvel to enact proper editorial standards? Bwahhahahahahaha

Anyway, Vic's generally considered to be the only one with a machine capable of enacting changes on the 616 timeline, instead of spawning new timelines with every change.

When Kang goes back to the past, all that means is that in the 616 timeline kang had already gone back to the past, starting from, say, 615 or whatever and writing what happened into 616.

I think that Bendis destroyed that old rule with his Beast going back for the O5 storyline (unless that was retconned already). Also, I think that S.H.I.E.L.D. retconned the invention of the time platform to be something that Reed's dad did in the 50s.

EDIT: Though now Manmademan is saying that Beast just used Doom's machine. When was that revealed?

I think that Bendis destroyed that old rule with his Beast going back for the O5 storyline (unless that was retconned already). Also, I think that S.H.I.E.L.D. retconned the invention of the time platform to be something that Reed's dad did in the 50s.

EDIT: Though now Manmademan is saying that Beast just used Doom's machine. When was that revealed?

In the issue where he went back in time to get them. Can't remember what issue that was, but it was explicitly mentioned. Beast doesn't have time machines of his own, he used doom's time platform (or stole the design) with some modifications.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Kang cheats. He says he wants to conquer earth at its strongest, but then goes through time stacking everything in his favour (and still ends up losing).

well why wouldn't he? Unless he is somehow handicapping the opponent then he can do whatever he wants with his power too which would be time travel. Kang is from a future where he has already conquered everything anyway.

well why wouldn't he? Unless he is somehow handicapping the opponent then he can do whatever he wants with his power too which would be time travel. Kang is from a future where he has already conquered everything anyway.

The whole kang/immortus thing gives me serious headaches.

I dunno man, i just consider that when a marvel editor receives a bendis script, he just rubber stamps that shit untouched cuz he knows the man is good for 100k+ sales, so no fucks given.

I mean, ultimate end #1 sold 75k. #can'texplainthat.

Oh hey, deadpool's secret secret wars sold 131k. #heartwarming

Merc_

The posts about Superman in this thread just make all the Batman v. Superman stuff even more funny to me. I don't get why they try to drag their fights out into some kind of epic when they should end in less than a second.

I wouldn't be surprised if that also contributes to the endless Goku vs Superman arguments.

That fight should have lasted 10 second. I don't see any way Vader can damage or defend himself against Doom.

Why would they be doing Goku Vs Superman again? The problem with getting some kind of measure of power out of DBZ characters is that power stopped looking any different after the end of DB. Even weak characters can destroy mountains, planets and move super fast. Going by visuals alone Tien Vs Cell looked way more impressive then Goku Vs Cell for example in terms of power.

Goku in god form didn't do anything new other then fight in space...

Unless they fight in space in the frieza movie (if so please tell me in Pm so not to spoil people) goku didn't fight in space in Battle of the Gods either. That was upper Atmosphere earth.

zeemumu

I don't read the EU (really..who has the time?) but I have seen all the mainstream films, some of the cartoon, and played through KOTOR 1 and 2.

Nowhere in any of that is there any jedi pulling off anything better than a scrub tier TP/TK gets away with. God help them if they ran into someone legitimate like say, Rachael Grey, Chamber, or Justice.

Well the Force abilities are pretty broad. If you had enough time to master every aspect of the force you'd have the abilities of pretty much every TP/TK. So altering your physical abilities, seeing the future, hijacking other people's bodies after you've died, etc. With Doom's prep time (and time machine) he'd be ever more unstoppable with the Force.

kswiston

The posts about Superman in this thread just make all the Batman v. Superman stuff even more funny to me. I don't get why they try to drag their fights out into some kind of epic when they should end in less than a second.

I wouldn't be surprised if that also contributes to the endless Goku vs Superman arguments.

Superman vs Batman fights always involve some plot induced stupidity on the part of everyone who isn't Batman.

T'Zariah

Banned
Well the Force abilities are pretty broad. If you had enough time to master every aspect of the force you'd have the abilities of pretty much every TP/TK. So altering your physical abilities, seeing the future, hijacking other people's bodies after you've died, etc. With Doom's prep time (and time machine) he'd be ever more unstoppable with the Force.

All of which Doom can do tenfold.

Doom doesn't need the Force. The Force needs HIM.

Slayven

Occasionally, but not extensively. I used to post on the X-Fan boards in the early 2000s back when they had some relevance. I think they used the same terminology.

I was there around the same time, they used that on the rumbles board. Got annoying fast

All of which Doom can do tenfold.

Doom doesn't need the Force. The Force needs HIM.

Light....Dark....all concept beneath Doom

KHlover

Banned
Of course Doom wins. He's a comic book character with like 50 years worth of power creep who lived through pretty dark times where the idea of a good story to Marvel's writers was "make everyone overpowered". Nothing but another Marvel character or Superman would stand a chance against that, poor Vader never had a chance because his comic books never went off the deep end.

Vic can already do all three of those things.

Lol. As someone already pointed out Doom can do all of that already.

He's also already had the powers of the surfer, Galactus, AND the beyonder.

Any one of those three could wipe out the entire empire in minutes. The force is less than useless compared to the powers present in 616 marvel.

PsychBat!

Banned
Honestly, there hasn't been a staunch defender of Vader in here yet. There's no need to dogpile on a person who likes Vader in here. At least, like I said, not yet.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
amazing to think that with all this, Reed Richards still manages to be so successful in keeping Doom in check

most of the time

Slayven

Force abilities would barely be a blip in comic universes. Think Manmade said theyw ere C/D level I would actually list them lower.

Madame Web and Destiny embarrasses the future reading

Gypsy Moth and Justice embarrasses them on TK

Mastermind I-IV and Mesmero laughs at their mind control.

I love how Doom's time machine is the only one that can change the present because Lee and Kirby did that story before Marvel had any time travel rules. It makes absolutely not sense, even given marvel's incredibly loose laws of reality.

I love how Doom's time machine is the only one that can change the present because Lee and Kirby did that story before Marvel had any time travel rules. It makes absolutely not sense, even given marvel's incredibly loose laws of reality.

Eva bells powers also work this way, though to be fair they manifested after time was "broken". With marvel getting rid of the infinite universes model, I'm going to bet that all time travel will work this way going forward.

kswiston

Eva bells powers also work this way, though to be fair they manifested after time was "broken". With marvel getting rid of the infinite universes model, I'm going to bet that all time travel will work this way going forward.

I'd even say that there was evidence of this being the case in Remender's Uncanny Avengers stuff.

Like we said, Doom is God. There is literally no trace of hyperbole found in that statement.

Well Secret Wars isn't over, I get the feeling that before the end Doom's godhood is going to come crashing down.

Although it would be awesome if they just ended up making him the god of this new universe. Or him and Richards as God and the Devil (which one is which can be up to them). It would be an appropriate way to retire the original hero and villain of the Marvel age.

Well Secret Wars isn't over, I get the feeling that before the end Doom's godhood is going to come crashing down.

Although it would be awesome if they just ended up making him the god of this new universe. Or him and Richards as God and the Devil (which one is which can be up to them). It would be an appropriate way to retire the original hero and villain of the Marvel age.

This is a bad idea and you should FEEL bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom