• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calling Slayven: Death battle: Darth Vader VS Dr. Doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
The Panther God once told Doom (paraphrasing): I've seen many different futures and they all end with the earth on fire - all but one. Even though I despise your very existence I can't deny that the one path to peace on this planet is through you.

But they don't let Doom rule the world because he needs to kill several million people to achieve that.

Sagroth

I am wondering if the upcoming match will address the one major weakness of Goku in a match vs Superman:

the Z Fighters' invulnerability is transient. Without spoiling too much, let me just say that the latest movie confirms that a character at Zarbon-level from Namek saga can in fact kill an individual above the level of a Super Saiyan God with a single shot if that individual is caught unaware. Z fighter invulnerability comes from the raising of one's ki level in an instant, something which was only briefly mentioned waaaaaay back when Goku first showed up on Namek. Superman's invulnerability is a nonstop thing.

In terms of sheer destructive output though, the current incarnation of Superman has nothing on Goku. The Z fighters have been planet busters for a while.

lazygecko

Literal decades of Doombot trolling

Uncanny X-Men 145 (1981)

metamessage1-2o8j2p.jpg

Fantastic Four 258 (1983)

Loki: Agent of Asgard (2014)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Foot Dive 2op

seriously though, he'd probably have some shit to counteract the force

he's a much more threatening villain than Apocalypse lol

Slayven

Don't you have to actually be capable of feeling remorse for that to work?
If your brain is jacked up enough not to feel pain or feel pleasure from pain. I am not talking some BDSM type shit, really jacked then yes you can be immune to the stare. But that can be a worse than feeling it

ellis61.jpg

ellis7.jpg

Dr Doom is one of those villains that should never actually lose but does because of plot armors/writing and well him being a villain necessitates him losing in general.
Doom loses because his main enemy is a guy more sociopathic than he is.
Didn't T'Challa do a similar thing but at 13 or 12 ?

That was power arrmor

Slayven

Wakandans are also a lot more gifted and technologically advanced than the Roma people.

Yes, they discovered the atom a hundred years before anyone else, and had repeating crossbows while the rest of the world was trying to work out bronze.

You can hate all you want but right now with Secret Wars everyone has a reason to hyped about Doom.

Yep. Time Runs Out/Secret Wars is fucking amazing. You're going to have a lot more Doom fanboys to deal with, sorry to say.

It's criminal Marvel doesn't own the movie rights to him though, oof.

You can hate all you want but right now with Secret Wars everyone has a reason to hyped about Doom.

I was like eyyyyy secret wars is going to be lame
But 4 made me interested

Ill read just for the showdown of maker vs reed

I'm not surprised but still shocked at how they've overhauled starlord

I prefer the old one

Slayven

As has been said, Dr. Doom is way out of vader's league. there's no situation where this fight would ever be fair...

docbong.jpg

Or

Yes The Master of The World assembled a supervillain team with a baby on it, the baby wasn't even evil or had powers.

Ok, I admit. Half of my knowledge about Doom came from Squirrel Girl related materials.

You should read the Books of Doom

Books_of_Doom_Vol_1_1.jpg

Great character study

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Because Reed is the only man capable of countering every plan Doom has. Also he's extremely jelly of him being married to Sue and having two cool kids.

And man... Doom will have to be very affraid very soon.

Slayven knows what's up

dooms son handing him the l on the way out was the best part of that scene

Can doom beat superman prime?
If he fails, can Richards do it?

Probably. Power stealing/mind switching/time travel shenanigans..I could see it happening.

Current doom is so far past superman prime it's ridiculous though. When you can
break the neck of the Phoenix force avatar with your bare hands
there's not a whole lot that can stop you.

Probably. Power stealing/mind switching/time travel shenanigans..I could see it happening.

Current doom is so far past superman prime it's ridiculous though. When you can
break the neck of the Phoenix force avatar with your bare hands
there's not a whole lot that can stop you.
You left out Doom no selling
The Phoenix Force going all in on him before Doom killed it.
And Doom doing it all casual like. Like it ain't no thing.

I'm not so sure about Doom....

Marv-DrDoomTears.jpg

That's so pitiful and out of character for Doom.

Here's an idea: A single Latverian died in 9/11. Doom easily tracks down Osama bin Laden, kills him...

And replaces him with an Osama bin Laden bot. Because Doom gives no fucks.

This is why bin Laden was buried at sea.

Where's my No Prize?

kewlmyc

I don't see the point of the next death battle. You need 5 other people to go Super Saiyan God, which goes against the rules they established for this series.

Even with Super Saiyan God, Goku would still lose.

Wasn't this one some sort of god or something?

it was the DC 1 million superman prime. essentially a superman that had crossed the ends of the universe, trained under the DC universe God, then came back and meditated in the center of the sun for centuries. Anecdotally he was laughably overpowered but doesn't have a whole lot of feats on panel.

This does give me an opportunity to address this comment though, since i think i was sleeping or not paying attention when it came up.

I am wondering if the upcoming match will address the one major weakness of Goku in a match vs Superman:

the Z Fighters' invulnerability is transient. Without spoiling too much, let me just say that the latest movie confirms that a character at Zarbon-level from Namek saga can in fact kill an individual above the level of a Super Saiyan God with a single shot if that individual is caught unaware. Z fighter invulnerability comes from the raising of one's ki level in an instant, something which was only briefly mentioned waaaaaay back when Goku first showed up on Namek. Superman's invulnerability is a nonstop thing.

In terms of sheer destructive output though, the current incarnation of Superman has nothing on Goku. The Z fighters have been planet busters for a while.

modern incarnations of superman can bust moons and planets with physical strikes alone. We don't know exactly how much stored energy he can channel into heat vision, but I've never seen a practical limit to how much he can store- the best feat I've seen that even attempts to give a number is superman using his body as a solar battery to absorb the "anti-sunlight" powering mageddon- explicitly called out as being enough energy to vaporize "half a galaxy". He absorbs this on top of his default power level with only momentary ill effect- implying a fully charged (say, sundipped) superman is going to be well past this.

But let's address the Z fighters being "planet busters." I'll accept on face value that any of the saiyans should be able to muster a ki blast strong enough to break the planet apart. but how impressive is this when stacking it up next to how durable superman is? (and again, consider that superman's durability is a passive skill that requires no concentration and is always at max).

here we have superman tanking a supernova:

caught in the middle of the impact of new genesis and apokolips- both planets are 60x the size of earth:

We know that a yellow sun gives superman his powers and will charge him if he goes near one. Here we have superman flying straight through Krypton's massive RED sun and crashing into the planet sized Mogo. Depowered, but unscathed.

Here we have superman tanking an explosion rated at fifty times the size of Kepler's supernova- essentially 50 supernovas, and he was at the core. This one didn't even knock him out and his powers were rapidly depleting beforehand.

There's no one in DBZ that has anywhere close to this kind of power output, and none of these things was able to hurt superman either. (The supernova ko'ed him temporarily, with no other physical damage) There's no one with a power output sufficient enough to actually permanently injure superman anywhere in that show.

Trey

I don't see the point of the next death battle. You need 5 other people to go Super Saiyan God, which goes against the rules they established for this series.

Even with Super Saiyan God, Goku would still lose.

it's inherent to Goku now, isn't it? Like, his base form is God form, and him going super saiyan is SSG. So conceivably he can go SSG2, 3, etc with more training, because you know that's what they're going to do.

Roto13

Dr. Doom is currently god king of the entirety of existence, including what remains of the multiverse, sooooo

besada

Banned
Doom steps on his time platform one morning, shoots a certain child pod racer in the back of the head, comes home and has brunch with Valeria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom