• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can someone explain John Cena?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
"U don't C me!" What the fuck does that mean anyway?

Got coffee at 7-eleven this morning and my paper cup has that shit all over it.

I watched a bit of WWE Raw last night because I heard The Rock was back and I don't get Cena's appeal at all. Is he supposed to be a bad guy? He sucker-punched The People's Champion!

While I'm at it... The Miz? What the fuck is THAT?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
I watched a bit of WWE Raw last night because I heard The Rock was back and I don't get Cena's appeal at all. Is he supposed to be a bad guy? He sucker-punched The People's Champion!

he does heel tactics but hes the biggest face in the company and kids and girls LOVE him

I think it's sorta like "Can't touch this"? Like, I am so awesome that you can't even see me?

He is so beautiful <3. It's certainly not the worst WWE motto. Sounds like it took more effort than "I'M THE MIZ AND IIIIIIIIIIIIII'M AWESOMMMMMMMMME"

You should've heard the crowd chanting, "CENA SUCKS!" last night. It was glorious.

He admitted to his audience being kids so it probably has something to do with that.

tralfazz

Brandon F said:

Dude, it's not cool making fun of the way the guy chooses to talk...

Nelo Ice

Banned
Confused101 said:
You should've heard the crowd chanting, "CENA SUCKS!" last night. It was glorious. And he admitted to his audience being kids.

the only thing that wouldve made it better is if crowds could still chant "asshole" at that homeless power ranger

Neki

Gary Whitta said:

we need the guy with the miz avatar in here, ASAP.

ocadman

He was in this movie. That's all you need to know.
220px-Fred_the_movie_dvd_cover.jpg

MisterHero

Brandon F said:

ur doin it wrong

it's "U can't C me!"

He used to have a rapper-'gangsta' persona which is where all of that came from.

But yeah I can't wait for Rock to kick his ass

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So do wrestlers regularly have trouble keeping him in their vision angle when in the ring? Is he a ninja?

Is he invisible when he says that line? Cause that would explain it.

If he's not invisible then maybe he's mentally handicapped and, in that case, maybe you should give the guy a break or play along.

Ovid

Gary Whitta said:

The Miz was actually on MTV's The Real World: New York in 2002 or 2003. I remember him always saying he wanted to be a pro wrestler. Now he's the WWE Champion...lol.

Where does the Miz's name come from? Is is short for "The Misery" or something?

I want to watch Wrestlemania but I don't want to pay for it :S. Is it expensive?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
They "pushed" him.

They can make fans like a wrestler "face", dislike "heel", or be relevant in general "push".

Randy Orton was a joke in WCW IIRC, now he's a supastar! Acting like a Snake that took a lot of drugs that changed his skin tone.

SouSouRocket said:

I want to watch Wrestlemania but I don't want to pay for it :S. Is it expensive?
Apparently it's the first three letters of his real last name.

Ovid

SouSouRocket said:

He use to use that name on The Real World.

Nelo Ice

Banned
SouSouRocket said:

his real name is Mike Mizanin

ocadman said:
He was in this movie. That's all you need to know.
220px-Fred_the_movie_dvd_cover.jpg

I love FAED: the movie

It's about these teen girls that bury men in sand and then feed on their skulls while they're still alive...or as they say it "faed" on them. It's all in the picture. Pretty scary stuff.

xero273

DeathNote said:
They "pushed" him.

They can make fans like a wrestler "face", dislike "heel", or be relevant in general "push".

Randy Orton was a joke in WCW IIRC, now he's a supastar! Acting like a Snake that took a lot of drugs that changed his skin tone.

Never knew Orton was in WCW. I like Rock's way of saying "you can't see me" better.

Nelo Ice said:
the only thing that wouldve made it better is if crowds could still chant "asshole" at that homeless power ranger
Do they directly tell the crowds that they can't chant "asshole" anymore? I don't remember the last time I heard it.

And you're right. That would've been great. Freakin' Cena and his "no lose" stipulation in his contract. I kid but doesn't it seem like that sometimes?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Confused101 said:
Do they directly tell the crowds that they can't chant "asshole" anymore? I don't remember the last time I heard it.

And you're right. That would've been great. Freakin' Cena and his "no lose" stipulation in his contract. I kid but doesn't it seem like that sometimes?

no idea i just figure they cant anymore since wwe is PG

C.Dark.DN

Banned
xero273 said:
Never knew Orton was in WCW. I like Rock's way of saying "you can't see me" better.
Apparently I was wrong. But his body still looks like post drug abuse to me. Like Kurt Angle.

Anth0ny

DeathNote said:
They "pushed" him.

Except for Bret Hart. Once he came to Canada that shit went out the window =P

And Stone Cold. He was a complete dick to everyone, including the fans, and he still got cheered.

Fixed1979

Just read a TMZ article about Cena today. Everyone who ragged on that celeb. chef for bailing on the MaW kid should appreciate this. Anyone who's willing to do this can't be such a bad guy.

TMZ said:
WWE's John Cena is about to make a whole bunch of little wishes come true -- because TMZ has learned he's taking 30 kids from Make-A-Wish to WRESTLEMANIA!!!!!!

Reps from M.A.W. tell us 30 kids with "life-threatening medical conditions" from the U.S., Canada, and even Australia will attend Wrestlemania XVII this weekend in Atlanta.

But that's not all -- the kids will be going to a private autograph session with WWE Superstars and Divas ... and afterward, they'll hit a pizza party hosted by Cena!!!

We're told the M.A.W. Foundation also plans to honor John at the party for passing a huge milestone -- 200 wishes granted -- an honor shared by only three other celebs ... Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Hulk Hogan.

Van Owen said:
I can't imagine being in to the WWE when a guy from The Real World is champion and a goof like Cena is a big star.

I dunno, the whole thing is pretty goofy. Hasn't (WWE) wrestling at its core always been ridiculous man-soap operas and guys with strange gimmicks? Half-naked musclemen pulling ridiculous faces and doing choreographed fights/acrobatics doesn't seem silly to begin with? ;P

Kurt Angle would destroy Cena , olympic/ Angle slam B^)

I remember all my little cousins having Cena shirts a couple years back, i said, he's no Stone Cold and they asked who Stone Cold was. lol smh

G-Fex

Fixed1979 said:
Just read a TMZ article about Cena today. Everyone who ragged on that celeb. chef for bailing on the MaW kid should appreciate this. Anyone who's willing to do this can't be such a bad guy.

That's nice of Cena. Can't actually hate the guy for that.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Anth0ny said:
Except for Bret Hart. Once he came to Canada that shit went out the window =P

And Stone Cold. He was a complete dick to everyone, including the fans, and he still got cheered.
You can push an original heel tho. The more times you give them screen time. But they eventually turn all the great ones face cause they see how much people like them despite being heel. And then they turn face heel for fun cause they know they will stay popular.

Some wrestlers just seem like they are written face and shoved down your throat long enough to stick.

MisterHero

SouSouRocket said:
I dunno, the whole thing is pretty goofy. Hasn't (WWE) wrestling at its core always been ridiculous man-soap operas and guys with strange gimmicks? Half-naked musclemen pulling ridiculous faces and doing choreographed fights/acrobatics doesn't seem silly to begin with? ;P
The sport where overmuscled guys in flamboyant costumes beat the crap out of each other has devolved to might-be-juicing guys in brand-name clothing staring at each other in angry respect

is this a fair complaint?

Does it seem likely that The Rock will beat the shit out of Cena at Wrestlemania? If so I can almost see myself ordering it.

Also kinda curious to see the outcome of that Triple-H/Undertaker match, they did a good job hyping that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom