• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada: We're not bloody Australia. Oh yeah pls remove a few Pokéstops kthxbye

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://kotaku.com/sick-of-pokemon-go-local-government-asks-game-to-remov-1784227881

The City of Canada Bay Council have contacted Niantic, developers of Pokémon Go, and asked that two of the three Pokéstops causing all the disturbances in a local park be removed from the game.

“Since the game’s release we have seen a continuous increase in visitors to this small park and the game’s traction does not appear to be slowing down”, a member of the council told Domain.

“There have been a number of concerning instances already including an emergency services vehicle having difficulty reaching an apartment fire due to traffic congestion, traffic accidents, and reports of motorcycles using cycle and footpaths to get around traffic congestion.”

That’s all in addition to the council having to pay for extra rangers and waste disposal to cope with the mess the crowds have been leaving behind.

“We have Pokéstops and gyms throughout our local government area, but the intensity of activity in this small park is cause for concern. For this reason, we are asking that two of the three Pokéstops be removed.”

Below is a notice posted at the park by the council:

Thanks Trudeau.

Stat!

Read the article? Its not Canada - its in Australia - its just a suburb called Canada Bay.

And reading their complaint? A firetruck couldn't reach its destination, it seems like a reasonable one. They're not saying ban all pokestops. Just in this one area.

krae_man

There's thousands of pokestops around where I live.

Where I work has 4 and another 6 within 100m. Hell there's 2 I can reach just sitting at my desk. How could any cause congestion?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Don't even know when something isn't in my own goddamn country.

This is exactly why I have this tag.

Where I work has 4 and another 6 within 100m. Hell there's 2 I can reach just sitting at my desk. How could any cause congestion?

It is not like that everywhere. If these are the only three together in the area, it will make an attractive spot to hang out at.

Maximo

Certain areas have better spawn rates and more rare pokemon, causes people to gather. Rhodes has 3 Pokestops right next to each other you can swipe all three, it also has some of the rarest pokemon there and its in a fairly populated area. Canada Bay no idea what the situation is there but assume its something similar.

The same thing has happened at a tiny park in aberdeen, scotland. The harbour crew have emailed niantic asking the same thing.

But we dont leave a mess, and we are respectful, but theres literally upto 50 people in the quietest area of the city there, all night long. They called the police, and even they said we were being respectful and quiet so did nothing. So now their angle is public urination, which i cant argue against since the only toilets in a 5 mile radius closes at 10pm.

If i were a local resident, id charge 50p for people to use my toilet.

Canada Bay is just part of our stealth marketing campaign, also coming soon:

Territory of the United States
Port of Spain
Isle of Britain
Union of Europe
Lake Stop'n'Poke
GAF airport

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
OP didn't read the OP 😂

My local paper did a story about Pokemon Go. Apparently if you sit on the steps of town hall, you can hit 3 Pokestops at one time.

Top Bottom