• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cap Pikachu Distribution (Sun & Moon, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon)

Robin64

ALL GONE
-------------------------------

Starting on September 19th, The Pokemon Company will begin giving away the special cap Pikachu forms that Japan had earlier in the year. The catch here is, you can only get one of them.

You'll have to visit https://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-news/a-new-movie-and-a-new-pikachu-for-you/ to get a serial code, and then depending on when you use that code dictates which Pikachu you get. These are for Sun and Moon. All are of a Hardy nature and come with a Pikashunium Z.

9/19/17 – 9/25/17: Original cap (Level 1 with Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder, Agility)
9/26/17 – 10/2/17: Hoenn region cap (Level 6 with Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder, Iron Tail)
10/3/17 – 10/9/17: Sinnoh region cap (Level 9 with Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Volt Tackle)
10/10/17 – 10/16/17: Unova region cap (Level 14 with Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Volt Tackle)
10/17/17 – 10/23/17: Kalos region cap (Level 17 with Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Electro Ball)
10/24/17 – 10/30/17: Alola region cap (Level 20 with Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Electro Ball)

Aside from hat differences, they each have a unique moveset too.

Furthermore, if you go and see the upcoming movie you'll get a QR code that lets you get the I Choose You hat Pikachu in Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon.

ashs-pikachu-all-inline-169.png

Phoenixus

Does it say anywhere about each one's individual moveset list? Really want the original cap Pika but not if it has crap moves.

L.O.R.D

I will get all 6 of them.

I think i know why you can only have one of them,maybe because they all share the same ticketID?

If I wipe my Moon file will it be possible to get multiple with one per each reset or is it locked to one per game card? How far in would I have to play?

I'd be trading them to my completed "main" Sun game.

JoeM86

I will get all 6 of them.

I think i know why you can only have one of them,maybe because they all share the same ticketID?

They do.

However in Japan they had the same ID but you could redeem as many as you wanted. It may be different here because they share a code rather than have unique ones

Kyle8497

Wait, so what's the point of redeeming the code for the original Ash hat Pikachu when, "When you attend a showing of Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You!, you will receive a QR code that will grant you a Pikachu wearing the hat that Ash wears in the movie." Doesn't Ash wear his original hat in this movie?

Robin64

Wait, so what's the point of redeeming the code for the original Ash hat Pikachu when, "When you attend a showing of Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You!, you will receive a QR code that will grant you a Pikachu wearing the hat that Ash wears in the movie." Doesn't Ash wear his original hat in this movie?

Nope, it's this.

300px-USUM_Prerelease_I_Choose_You_Cap_Pikachu.png

KingBroly

Banned
Only being able to get 1 while Japan was able to get all of them is bullshit.

Is it possible to just start a new campaign over and over to get all of them or not?

Frost_Ace

I'm fine with getting just one... don't care that much about pikachu in the first place. Will it have the pikashinum z?

Mr-Joker

Banned
Kinda lame that you can only get one, but Sinnoh cap here I come.

Are the code one time use or can you restart your save and use it again?

That's a cool image.

Japan got them all if they spent the equivalent of $80

Still kinda lame as it means that the event was poorly handled on both side, Japan had to spend more money to get them all and the West can only pick one.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is stupid as hell. They finally discover the power of the internet, and then decide to limit the distribution to only one choice per game? I own both Sun and Moon and can't even get all of them? Incredible...

If I wipe my Moon file will it be possible to get multiple with one per each reset or is it locked to one per game card? How far in would I have to play?

I'd be trading them to my completed "main" Sun game.
Guess I'll have to do this with my Sun save. Luckily I stopped playing before finishing the first island. Oh well, I wasn't looking forward to replaying those boring first 2 islands anyway.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I think we're assuming they'll be identical to the Japanese ones, there's no reason they wouldn't be I suppose but you never know. Check out Joe's Pikachu event page here.

Why does the Unova Cap Pikachu not have Electro Ball? That is where Pikachu learnt the move after being wacked into an umbrella by Ducklett.

So would any one that has Iron Tail be the best one to get? That's the only move that you couldn't just teach one of the other Pikachus right?

You want one that knows Iron Tail and Volt Tackle, both move aren't easily obtainable.

The Original cap one just sucks as it has a terrible move set and should be avoided.

RRockman

Banned
I guess it's time to dust things off and start back up the shiny farm cause I actually want to collect all these.

This is gong to suck.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
C'mon, you know what I mean. They are going to distribute Marshadow through freaking Gamestop, for example.

It's almost as if it's to get people to go into a GameStop location!

RRockman

Banned
Also, when they inevitably put walking pokemon in the next two games I'm fairly certain these little buggers will keep their hats on the world map.

Yukinari

Only being able to get 1 while Japan was able to get all of them is bullshit.

Is it possible to just start a new campaign over and over to get all of them or not?

One of the reasons why i dont care about going after event pokemon when it comes to shit like this.

Top Bottom