• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cap Pikachu Distribution (Sun & Moon, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon)

If I wipe my Moon file will it be possible to get multiple with one per each reset or is it locked to one per game card? How far in would I have to play?

I'd be trading them to my completed "main" Sun game.

That should work, though I think you might have to play through the intro each time to do it.

JoeM86

C'mon, you know what I mean. They are going to distribute Marshadow through freaking Gamestop, for example.

Yes, and?

You know they've been doing online distributions since 2008 right?

I think people continue to forget the point of event distributions...

Remember the days when we either couldn't get an event Pokémon cause it was Japan only and we didn't have the .sav file for it? Or when we had to drive to special, rare three or five day event areas that were hosted by a company with our cartridge in hand in order to get the Pokémon? Those sure were fun times.
/s

Robin64

Even the ones that were at Gamestop ended up having a second chance serial code a few months later.

Robin64

"Ash's Pikachu (Original Cap)" is now live using the code PIKACHU20.

Remember, you can only choose one of these, so choose wisely.

i-Jest

Only being able to get 1 while Japan was able to get all of them is bullshit.

Is it possible to just start a new campaign over and over to get all of them or not?

Whoever makes these decisions needs to check their ego at the door. Playing Pokemon games, and acquiring Pokemon, shouldn't be like some great privilege where western fans should feel fortunate to get the some of what Japan got. It's 2017 and fans outside Japan are still getting half-assed treatment when it comes to some event Pokemon. Hopefully it'll be like the Legendary pokemon Events where people had a second chance to get what they wanted.

Robin64

Started a new game on Sun to get this Pikachu, send it to my main Moon, and then erase the Sun save to get the next Pikachu.

But oh god, what a painful idea this was. The start is such a slog. So many cutscenes, so much talking, and why do I have to battle Hau twice? Each time, Lillie has to remind us that she doesn't really like Pokémon fighting.

KingBroly

Banned
Started a new game on Sun to get this Pikachu, send it to my main Moon, and then erase the Sun save to get the next Pikachu.

But oh god, what a painful idea this was. The start is such a slog. So many cutscenes, so much talking, and why do I have to battle Hau twice? Each time, Lillie has to remind us that she doesn't really like Pokémon fighting.

Couldn't you just send them to Bank and restart?

Joey Ravn

Banned
I was stressing over the movesets of each Pikachu, but then I realized they all have Hardy as their nature.

So Kanto/Johto cap it is.

You can't send them to the Pokébank I assume, right?

Robin64

Couldn't you just send them to Bank and restart?

Bank or Moon, doesn't really matter, but getting to the point where you can pick up the gift is the slog.

I was a few feet away from the Pokecenter and there's a damn Tauros in the way til I go visit the lab. Urrrgghh.

Robin64

lUJ7EqZ.png

One down, many to go.

So we're SOL if we want to game the system to get all the Pikachu variations?

If you only have one version, it's going to be a little tougher. You'll need to nab the event Pikachu, then dump it and everything else you have into Bank, and start an entirely new save for the next Pikachu.

KingBroly

Banned
lUJ7EqZ.png

One down, many to go.

If you only have one version, it's going to be a little tougher. You'll need to nab the event Pikachu, then dump it and everything else you have into Bank, and start an entirely new save for the next Pikachu.

That's what I was asking. It's no big deal to me since I have Bank

Robin64

TPCi must know people will do one of a few methods to get them all, so to not make it just a different code for each one was silly.

Robin64

VtumhJc.png

Just spotted that the ID No. is the date the first episode aired in the US. That's cute.

Can you just Pokegen them?

Well of course, the access to homebrew systems makes the whole thing even easier. You can just delete the Mystery Gift from your save if you want to make it work again, that would probably be the easiest method of all.

KingBroly

Banned
TPCi must know people will do one of a few methods to get them all, so to not make it just a different code for each one was silly.

I couldn't tell you why they're doing it this way.

I'll hold off on restarting until the next code is out, but I'll transfer everything over now

nubbe

Think I will just get the original hat... can't really be bothered to get them all
I really wanted Red's hat

13ruce

Banned
Wait how do i get this do i just start up my moon game and enter the code at mystery gift?

I missed em all well atleast i can grab this one lol.

i-Jest

lUJ7EqZ.png

One down, many to go.

Okay cool, since I've got both versions. Gonna gotta get Pokebank again though.

Robin64

Wait how do i get this do i just start up my moon game and enter the code at mystery gift?

I missed em all well atleast i can grab this one lol.

You haven't missed any, this is the first.

And yeah, just enter the code in the Mystery Gift function at the title screen, then pick up your gift in a Pokemon Center.

Yeah, like hell I'm going to restart my 200+ hour Sun save with all battle items and mega Stones and shit. Game Freak is stupid.

Iron Tail is meh for a Pikachu, and Pikashunium uses Thunderbolt so it's going to be a special sweeper anyway. Might as well just get the Indigo/Johto Pikachu.

Also here's the trailer for the gift: https://youtu.be/_D9FgRBhmWM

Got the original hat version on Sun, and will get Sinnoh on Moon, then transfer them both over via PokeBank to Ultra Sun, and use the original hat one on my first run through that game.

Nice of them to be level 1. Usually these event Pokemon come at level 50 and are unusable in the main story.

Robin64

Got the original hat version on Sun, and will get Sinnoh on Moon, then transfer them both over via PokeBank to Ultra Sun, and use the original hat one on my first run through that game.

Nice of them to be level 1. Usually these event Pokemon come at level 50 and are unusable in the main story.

They're all different level, actually, though not by much.

Original is 1
Hoenn is 6
Sinnoh is 10
Unova is 14
Kalos is 17
Alola is 20

But yeah, your point still stands. Too often we get level 50 and level 100 Pokémon, which are great if you've beaten the game, but not when you're still early on.

They're all different level, actually, though not by much.

Original is 1
Hoenn is 6
Sinnoh is 10
Unova is 14
Kalos is 17
Alola is 20

But yeah, your point still stands. Too often we get level 50 and level 100 Pokémon, which are great if you've beaten the game, but not when you're still early on.
Their levels are based on what season of the anime it is

BlakeofT

I just want the Kanto hat. I have both versions, and would be willing to trade any particular Pikachu on my second game. PM me if you're interested.

Top Bottom