• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cap Pikachu Distribution (Sun & Moon, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon)

Nah that moveset for OG isn't anything special.

The hat is, don't get me wrong, but I want to see what other Pikachus come with.

And as an aside, I know it's Ash's hat, but Pikachu wearing the various hats of the game protagonists would probably skew more players away from choosing mainly the OG, which I feel they probably are here.

Willenium

BbjjFtLIMAAoy-6.jpg

XD Beaten to the punch. This was my first thought as well.

Nah that moveset for OG isn't anything special.

The hat is, don't get me wrong, but I want to see what other Pikachus come with.

And as an aside, I know it's Ash's hat, but Pikachu wearing the various hats of the game protagonists would probably skew more players away from choosing mainly the OG, which I feel they probably are here.
The only interesting move is Iron Tail from Hoenn onwards. That's the only move he can't learn anymore. You would have to go back to RSE or DPPt to teach it Iron Tail through TM. He can learn the rest of the moves already in Sun and Moon.

The Original Cap is now unavailable.

Now, using the code PIKACHU20 will get you the Hoenn Cap Pikachu.

Thanks for the reminder. I honestly forgot and I also forgot that johto and kano both have the same hat. I thought for a minute that I had most one already.

Robin64

While it is an utter slog, I can at least confirm (though there was little doubt) that starting a new save file lets you use the code again. Here I now have two of the damn things. Can't wait to do it again and again, yaaay~!

tzvwU1m.png

Robin64

If it's the Sinnoh Cap Pikachu you were after, this one is now live. Once again, use the code PIKACHU20.

UnCRqbC.png

Time to slog through the intro again!

Andrefpvs

Time to slog through the intro again!

"Whoo, we're in Alola!"
"Isn't Alola great!"
"Welcome to Alola, everything's awesome here!"
"I don't like watching Pokémon fight, but I'll still watch and cheer you on."
"I don't like watching Pokémon fight, but I'll still watch and cheer you on. What, I said the exact same thing yesterday? Nonsense."

At least I can get an extra Ash-Greninja and starter every time I do this, so it's not that bad.

Totally forgot about this until right now. Whoops. Might have gone for Kanto, but I guess instead I'll go for Kalos region. Cap most similar to Red's.

The wait for Kalos is getting harder but at least it's coming up soon...

I'm really fond of how simple that hat is compared to all of Ash's other hats, aside from Red's in Red/Blue/Green.

Robin64

Another week, another cap. This time it's the Unova Cap Pikachu! As usual, use the code PIKACHU20 if you haven't already nabbed or if you're mad like me and can sit through that intro again.

i4apnds.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Another week, another cap. This time it's the Unova Cap Pikachu! As usual, use the code PIKACHU20 if you haven't already nabbed or if you're made like me and can sit through that intro again.

i4apnds.png
45 minutes. It took me 45 minutes to restart the game and get to the first Pokemon Center. Grabbing all these hats is going to be a test of endurance.

Here's hoping the Ultra games are much better paced than these...

Smasher89

45 min is kinda close to what it took to reset for draco meteor jirachis on japanse d/p back in the day, or that was maybe 5 min faster.

45 minutes. It took me 45 minutes to restart the game and get to the first Pokemon Center. Grabbing all these hats is going to be a test of endurance.

Here's hoping the Ultra games are much better paced than these...

I've cut it down to ~35 minutes. You only need to fight three battles (two vs Hau, one vs a trainer), you can run from wild Pokemon encounters, lose against Hau and mash A/B to get through dialogue.

But yeah, it sucks.

Robin64

Another week, another cap, another hour playthrough that makes you wish the next game has less talky shit.

This week is the Kalos Cap Pikachu. Use PIKACHU20 as always to nab it.

ZSBeDxY.png

Robin64

For anyone that's left and cares..

The Alola cap is now live. This is the final one, so if you haven't nabbed any yet, now is the time to get it. PIKACHU20 is the code as always.

p1RtXW9.png

Robin64

Then gotta somehow get to a showing of the movie for the true final one. Yuk.

Edit: Ooh, my nearest cinema has tickets for 11am on Sunday 5th...

i-Jest

Then gotta somehow get to a showing of the movie for the true final one. Yuk.

Edit: Ooh, my nearest cinema has tickets for 11am on Sunday 5th...

I've said this before, but the way this event was handled is plain stupid. I don't know why a standard mystery event couldn't cut it for these Pikachu, especially when Japanese fans got their chance at which ever one interested them without being forced to commit to that one event Pikachu.

This was stupid and I hope fans have let the Pokémon Company, Game Freak, or whomever else know that they should never pull this shit again.

I forgot about that movie Pikachu event code. Gawd, so how does distribution work for that one again?

Robin64

I forgot about that movie Pikachu event code. Gawd, so how does distribution work for that one again?

You go see the movie and get two cards. One is a special TCG Pikachu, and the other has a QR code for use with Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon to get the final cap Plkachu.

(Yes, it's a QR code that doesn't even work with standard Sun or Moon)

i-Jest

You go see the movie and get two cards. One is a special TCG Pikachu, and the other has a QR code for use with Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon to get the final cap Plkachu.

(Yes, it's a QR code that doesn't even work with standard Sun or Moon)

Lol for real? Okay, I'll commit since I've come this far. Can I assume the TCG Pikachu and QR code will be available for as long as theaters will have the movie available to watch?

Top Bottom