• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces Dead Rising: Chop Til' You Drop for US (Press Release inside)

EDarkness

Willy Wanka said:
Wow that was awful. I think now that the proper sequel has been announced, I may just pass on this altogether.

I'm sure the announcement of Dead Rising 2 isn't going to be doing the Wii version of the first game any favors. Especially since that game isn't going to be released on the Wii in the first place. Makes the creation of Dead Rising Wii all the more puzzling.

EDarkness said:
I'm sure the announcement of Dead Rising 2 isn't going to be doing the Wii version of the first game any favors. Especially since that game isn't going to be released on the Wii in the first place. Makes the creation of Dead Rising Wii all the more puzzling.

DR2 had to have gotten announced only as a face-saving measure for the Dead Rising brand. DR has been getting shit on unmercifully in the press and community boards for months now because of the abomination that is the Wii build.

DR Wii was going to sell like the piece of shit that it is anyways, might as well make sure there's something positive out there so that you can continue the franchise successfully.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
J-Rock said:
[PR pics]
Three people that just got done playing the game are crying blood and begging to be killed.

:lol :lol :lol

I laughed IRL, damn funny! :)

edit: grandLOLjedi, this thread delivers!

EDarkness

happyfunball said:
DR2 had to have gotten announced only as a face-saving measure for the Dead Rising brand. DR has been getting shit on unmercifully in the press and community boards for months now because of the abomination that is the Wii build.

DR Wii was going to sell like the piece of shit that it is anyways, might as well make sure there's something positive out there so that you can continue the franchise successfully.

I can see what you're saying, but you'd think they'd want to get what they could out of the Wii version. Still, whoever thought it was a good idea to use the RE4 engine to make a dead rising game must have been smoking something that day. It's hard to believe they even approved such a thing.

The only thing I worry about honestly is that Capcom the Wii version of Dead Rising will hurt the perception of Wii games in Japan even more than it's been hurt already. In the States there are enough good Wii games coming out for it not to make much of a difference, but in Japan the Wii is pretty much starved for game and these shoddy ports can't be helping the situation. If 3rd parties can't sell games on the Wii in the future, they only have themselves to blame.

yurinka

EDarkness said:
It's like the Lost Planet Colonies being announced as 360/PC exclusive just before the Lost Planet PS3 release.

Not a good schedule IMO. I would wait some months after the release.

But well, at least everyone will have Dead Rising.

Tenbatsu

GCX said:
This got 3/10 in this month's Pelaaja (a Finnish gaming magazine) and also received the "bomb of the month" award. :lol

Wtf Capcom..
3/10 for a Capcom Japan developed game? Wow what is the last Capcom Japan game to get this kind of score? Wonder what scores will IGN/Gamespot/Famitsu give.

Nemesis_

Does anyone else think that this announcement for DR2 was made in order to "combat' the leak of the trailer? I was thinking that, at best, Capcom would announce the game when Dead Rising Wii shipped to Western territories AND the trailer would be included as well (much like BioShock 2 was)

JDSN

Banned
:lol In case you guys missed it:

grandjedi6 said:
NOOOOOOOO :(

289brix.jpg

beje

Banned
Using the RE4 engine was never a good idea in the first place as it was never intended for huge seamless environments so there you have the piss poor performance. The engine is overloaded with just the scenario. I just don't know how did this manage to pass the internal QA control instead of going straight to the bin

tino

Banned
I don't understand the Dead Rising Wii whining in this thread. Take a look at the Wii CPU's clock speed first. What exactly do you expect from it?

I am sure Capcom's suite conversation went like this,

"So RE4 Wii Sold like motherfuckers."
"W-Why, I don't get it."
"Maybe they are mostly new gamers."
"Why don't we throw more zombies at them." *looked around and saw the DR box*
"We can make DR Wii!"
"Great idea!"
"Great idea!!"

edit: I didn't mean to troll, when I make this post I thought I was in the DR2 thread. The titles looked alike.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Dragona Akehi said:
That would be for the port of Dead Rising 2 Wii Edition.
So we have to wait two years to see that joke?

EDarkness said:
I can see what you're saying, but you'd think they'd want to get what they could out of the Wii version.
Well, this is Capcom we're talking about.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
leroy hacker said:
That Capcom wouldn't pick the least suitable of all their HD games to downport to Wii, or that they would (gasp!) make an original title.
Or that they would downport the game efficiently.

tino said:
What exactly do you expect from it?

Almost the same question came from this arrogant and unprofessional Christian Svensson, when he were asked in the "Ask-Capcom"-Section why this game looks like garbage.

It's unbelievable :lol

Captain Chaos said:
HD FANBOYS PLEASE LEAVE

CAPCOM IS GOD AND THEY WONT LET ME DOWN

CHOP TILL YOU DROP FOR THE WIN!

This message brought to you by Captain Chaos, captain of all thing chaotic
which includes his posts

I still kind of hope this'll turn out ok. It probably won't, and I haven't really seen anything about it that'd indicate that, but I'd love a new shooting game on the Wii after RE4 :-/ Oh well, Rogue Trooper's supposed to be out soon.

As for Capcom not making other "real" games if this bombs, I'm sure they're no idiots so if this gets a low metacritic rating, they'll take that into consideration. Also, there're probably going to be enough traditional games this year for publishers to finally be able to see whether the Wii works for them or not, so noone will really make decisions like that, there'll be a lot more information.

comedy bomb said:
This message brought to you by Captain Chaos, captain of all thing chaotic
which includes his posts

shit, Seinfeld better watch out comedy bombs coming.

So, I got a little cheesed off with people coming into a thread and then just slating something THEY'VE NEVER PLAYED.

Captain Chaos said:
shit, Seinfeld better watch out comedy bombs coming.

Don't deflect just because you're getting razzed about your stupid post. You sounded like a douche and some of us called you out on it. Deal with it.

Besides, this game is gonna end up with around a 50-60% ratings average at best at metacritic/ gamerankings. Even the mighty Capcom has to relieve itself of one big shit once in a while you know

comedy bomb said:
Don't deflect just because you're getting razzed about your stupid post. You sounded like a douche and some of us called you out on it. Deal with it.

Besides, this game is gonna end up with around a 50-60% ratings average at best at metacritic/ gamerankings. Even the mighty Capcom has to relieve itself of one big shit once in a while you know

What big shit? RE5?

Dascu

Synless said:
I can not make enough :lol to express my laughter. So waggle determines what's next gen now?
He's referring to the IR control as an improvement over "last gen" dual analog aiming.

Regardless, comparing Dead Rising Wii and RE5... Bad move.

bryehn

Pojo said:
Heaven forbid the game actually turns out to be fun.

I think I'll enjoy it, especially with my DR2 hype in full swing. I love crappy (looking), low-budget PS2 games like Obscure II and Raw Danger and DR:CTYD gives me that vibe.

Though I'd bet that I'll end up just popping in DR on the 360 if it really is terrible.

YAY! One week! For real this time...

edit: GAH! I suck at time!

Captain Chaos said:
answer me this, would you rather play RE5 with nunchuk + wiimote or with dual analogue?

The wiimote aiming is exponentially better than dual analog, but I can't use them on my 360 or ps3. So I'm stuck with old gen controls on next gen visuals or next gen controls on old gen visuals. Stupid Nintendo could have had everything if they had put some power under the hood.

Leon S. Kennedy said:
The wiimote aiming is exponentially better than dual analog, but I can't use them on my 360 or ps3. So I'm stuck with old gen controls on next gen visuals or next gen controls on old gen visuals. Stupid Nintendo could have had everything if they had put some power under the hood.

Just you wait brother, I'm in your camp, take a deep breath and be patient...

Satoru Iwata will blow your mind with WiiHD

I thought eventually Dead Rising Wii would hit a ceiling or something but holy crap the sky's the limit apparently.

I don't even know what to say about that tunneldriving.gif.

Chinner said:
Captain Chaos is fun.

Nah, he tries to hard. I mean, who pulls off the "HAVE YOU GUYS PLAYED IT? NO? YOU CAN'T JUDGE IT!" thing anymore? No one seriously says that without understanding the irony behind it.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Linkzg said:
Nah, he tries to hard. I mean, who pulls off the "HAVE YOU GUYS PLAYED IT? NO? YOU CAN'T JUDGE IT!" thing anymore? No one seriously says that without understanding the irony behind it.

I think he's just trying to be funny...
Please tell me he is just trying to be funny :(

Linkzg said:

Thanks for that, any more pearls of wisdom? - prefrably on topic.

Top Bottom