• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Announces Street Fighter x Tekken Live Reality Show "Cross Assault"

AAK

Interesting... because there is a heavy conflict of interest between the majority of the applicants and the coaches themselves.

Plus, how strict is the "physically" fit criteria going to be applied?

Interesting... because there is a heavy conflict of interest between the majority of the applicants and the coaches themselves.

Plus, how strict is the "physically" fit criteria going to be applied?

The coaches just want to make sure that it's not all scrubs.

Like I told NerdJosh, if you can get in an out of a chair without wheezing, you should be fine.
We're not running obstacle courses. Although you should be able to game for long periods of time without getting faint or throwing up or exploding.

AAK

Just going to leave this here.

http://imgur.com/RHlAz

Hope you edit that with the 5 ocntestants at the bottom.

For Aris I beg of you to photoshop this with him on it:

220px-Major_Payne.jpg

In other news, SFxT stream is up on Capcom Unity:

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

AAK

Damn, KOR auditioned for this as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-rAIA6Jd_k

Anakin and KOR are pretty much 2 of the top 5 North American Tekken players. If they can get on it reasonably won't be as unfair if Xian/JWong/Marn/Ricky get into Cross Assault.

But at the same time I do find it weird how Flash/FChamp/Others are applying for Team Tekken when they don't even play the series. Ah well, Let's see what happens.

And if there has to be a girl in each side, so far I assume it'll be StarSlay3r for SF and SuperY4n for TK (Damn what a coincidence both their handles have a numerl replacing the 2nd last letter).

Westlo

But at the same time I do find it weird how Flash/FChamp/Others are applying for Team Tekken when they don't even play the series. Ah well, Let's see what happens.

Probably because they think they have more chance of making that roster (no Wong, Ortiz etc) if the show wants "names".

CPS2

You may as well have SF/Marvel players going for team Tekken, it's still a Capcom game afterall, won't make a huge difference which team they pick, lol.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
And don't worry, we're giving everyone a fair shot. We just don't want scrubs. Or Mike Ross, because he's free. Oops, didn't mean to sound redundant.
It should be a mix:
- Known folks: Because people like to follow their 'stars'
- Unkown folks: To show the upcoming generation of players.

Its going to be a blast thats for sure.

TEAM STREET FIGHTER!

AAK

Probably because they think they have more chance of making that roster (no Wong, Ortiz etc) if the show wants "names".

I kinda thought the whole point of this was to integrate both communities. While the other "Cross the Line" show with Andrea Renee is trying to combine and rile up the casual fans with a bunch of random artwork and picture contests for various prizes, simultaneously "Cross Assault" is the same thing but catered for the hardcore community.

Also, it'll be great to actually have some Tekken talent enter into this game. Guys like Anakin and KOR are insanely talented and it would be awesome to have them enter the scene and provide some competition.

vulva

I just hope it's not a huge circle jerk of already known players all just hanging out. That said, if there's fresh meat in there and there's an opportunity for voting off or anything, I'm sure the fresh meat would just get ripped apart by the known names first. I don't see this going well

AAK

Aris seems to hate tastysteve, so if he were to have any say I'd bet he's out of luck.

Not at all, where'd you get that idea? Quite the opposite. Aris sponsors Tasty Steve quite a few times during the EWGF tournaments. Aris also promoted Tasty Steve's Cross Assault audition on his personal twitter when it first aired.

Kinda personally wanting Chris G to get a shot in this despite never touching Tekken. He has insane talent.

CPS2

I just hope it's not a huge circle jerk of already known players all just hanging out. That said, if there's fresh meat in there and there's an opportunity for voting off or anything, I'm sure the fresh meat would just get ripped apart by the known names first. I don't see this going well

How would the show ideally play out for you then?

Man, choosing teams would be so hard lol, I think this would be the most entertaining:

Valle

Justin Wong - no shit
Sanford Kelly - I wanna see that infighting and salt
Marn - the most electrifying man in esports entertainment
LI Joe - everybody loves him
Ricky Ortiz - fashion icon

Aris

Filipino Champ - shit talker and the king of norcal
Kat Gunn - wins every gaming show ever
Flash Metroid - charisma
Red - talks a lot of shit for someone who's only ever seen in GODS ARC walkthroughs
Zhi - class clown

Top Bottom