• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom puts out new trailers for Monster Hunter: Moe Moe Desu Uguu~ (browsers)

I'm pretty sure I got the title correct, but my Japanese is a bit rusty.

Anime Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmTxzZFsmb4&feature=youtu.be (somewhat nsfw)

Gameplay Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVIlae7m7_Y

All credit/blame goes to Takao.

What did I just see??? And I'm talking about both trailers!

Not enough "WTF"s in the world!!!
Why are the boobs on the girl in blue blushing?
They're embarrassed to be associated with this mess.

browsers saved?

Anyway, a browser game for a Japanese series for a niche Japanese audience that will never get translated or promoted anywhere else but Japan. Yeah, Monster Hunter is basically dead after this, Capcpom just shot themselves in the foot.

SerTapTap

When I think Monster Hunter the first thing that comes to my mind sure is kawaii waifus. Kind of concerning to see this sort of lack of respect of one of their primary money makers, makes me wonder what they'll do to games to pander too (as if it basically being the Japanese Call of Duty weren't bad enough)

Not gonna lie.
I would play a lot of monster hunter if it looked like that anime trailer.

I admit might be slightly more inclined to play it if everyone didn't look like a freak of nature. Spent 10 minutes trying to make my person not look hideous in MH3U

Orayn

I had assumed/hoped the cuteness would be coming from Felynes and Poogie, but I don't want these human girls. Capcom, take them back. TAKE THEM BACK!

I dislike Monster Hunter

I could play that.

image.php

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
God, this just makes me so sad. The shameless pandering to the otaku market drives me nuts.

ohlawd

but srsly, this game looks like it has better gameplay than most MH clones and it's not even a hunting game

Jawmuncher

Also I have to say

With all these damn cross overs Monster Hunter has had, I'm amazed they haven't thrown resident evil into it. All these crossovers, yet not one with a franchise they own.

The boss in RE6 only kinda counts.

hahahaha wtf

The game looks terrible, and yet the anime trailer is somehow less so despite hitting every otaku pandering cliche in the book.

Also I have to say

With all these damn cross overs Monster Hunter has had, I'm amazed they haven't thrown resident evil into it. All these crossovers, yet not one with a franchise they own.

The boss in RE6 only kinda counts.

Uh, there's also Mega Man crossover material, to be fair, so it's not just with other companies.

L Thammy

hahahaha wtf

The game looks terrible, and yet the anime trailer is somehow less so despite hitting every otaku pandering cliche in the book.

Uh, there's also Mega Man crossover material, to be fair, so it's not just with other companies.

Frontier has Street Fighter and Devil May Cry costumes as well. And going the other way, there are Monster Hunter costumes in Lost Planet, EX Troopers, and Gaist Crusher.

Toxi

Banned
Another thing that bugs me is that the trailer has little of the cutsie charm Monster Hunter does have; the Felynes, the Guildies, the silly animations, "SO TASTY!", etc. It's one of the things that makes it feel very little like its source material.

Kathian

Banned
I am glad Capcom has not taken the success of Monster Hunter 4 to delude themselves into thinking we are no ultimately all doomed.

Top Bottom