• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth (WiiWare) - Now up on NA Wiiware, 1000 Points

OnPoint

runnin_blue said:
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/10/castlevania-the-adventure-rebirth-dated-priced-by-famitsu/

You may want to remove that...

TunaLover

Dave Long said:
Srsly. I'm playing OoE right now and I don't see how Shanoa isn't the best animated Castlevania sprite. She's incredibly detailed and fluid.

I'm 24% clear on OoE. When does the backtracking start?

That is an exception, a good Castlevania exception

Culex said:
I'd remove that before you get perma-banned!

Sorry guys I don't spend too much time on the internet. Can somebody please explain to me why it's wrong to link to an image when I clearly stated the source it came from?

obonicus

runnin_blue said:
Sorry guys I don't spend too much time on the internet. Can somebody please explain to me why it's wrong to link to an image when I clearly stated the source it came from?

Scans, linking to sites with scans or telling people how to get scans will get you banned.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
runnin_blue said:
NeoGAF pretty much has a no scanned magazine pages policy.

Edit: Beat by a Junior :( :lol

KevinCow said:
Fast-paced story-driven action titles? What? Not even Fusion could be considered that. Five three-second cutscenes throughout the whole game suddenly makes it story-based?

Magical statues giving you an idea of where to go are better than having the game consist of five different rooms copied and pasted over and over again, no map, no saving, and awful controls.

It's not like you don't still have to explore, what with all the hidden power-ups and the eight zillion different ways to sequence break.

I stick with my first assessment: You are insane.
Samus moves faster in Zero Mission than any other previous title. This simple but core gameplay change has a huge effect on the pacing and overall atmosphere of the game. I consider it to be more of an action game, compared to Metroids 1-3. I must be CrAzY!

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Have you seen Shanoa's OoE animations?

Yup.

And even looking into detail, I can't see how her sprites are most detailed than the ones from Alucard:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/castlevaniaorderofecclesia/sheet/19214

http://www.spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2/cvsotn/sheet/3228

Yes, she has many more animations, some decent (Double jump, while absorbing glyphs) but I can't see the same amount of detail in both sprites.

(Besides, Alucard's double jump animation and the one grabbing his cape while starting to run are pure win, sorry)

radcliff

Foffy said:
Is it just me, or does it seem like there are two different character sprites? One of the characters has purple pants, while the other has white. Could it be lighting from the angle causing that?

There are definitely appears to be different sprites. The sprite on the left hand side looks almost like Prince Adam from He-Man with a red cloth shirt and white pants (and also appears taller). The other sprite (on the right hand side of the scan) seems smaller and has purple pants. Although the quality of the scans may have something to do about that.

Foffy

Banned
radcliff said:
There are definitely appears to be different sprites. The sprite on the left hand side looks almost like Prince Adam from He-Man with a red cloth shirt and white pants (and also appears taller). The other sprite (on the right hand side of the scan) seems smaller and has purple pants. Although the quality of the scans may have something to do about that.

Either the quality, or they're adding some interesting extras.

Soleiyu Belmont, perhaps?

Foffy

Banned
SabinFigaro said:
Maybe a North American release of Rondo of Blood to coincide with the awesomeness? Please?

Didn't Rondo get turned down by Nintendo a few years ago in terms of a VC release outside of Japan?

I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to do something that stupid but good lord don't prove me right.

Guess I'll have to settle with buying Super Castlevania IV. I've been on a Castlevania 3 kick lately and I need more games.

Course Nintendo still wins with that option. Hmm...maybe I can get someone to gift me SCIV in exchange for sexual favors.

Foffy said:
Didn't Rondo get turned down by Nintendo a few years ago in terms of a VC release outside of Japan?

Was that around the time DXC came out? Nintendo also blocked Capcom from releasing Bionic Commando on VC, as I recall. It's possible that they have a blanket policy against allowing VC releases from third parties if they're seen as being used to promote games that aren't on Nintendo platforms.

jjasper

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to do something that stupid but good lord don't prove me right.

They will probably just release the shitty SNES game instead. Oh well maybe one day Konami will start putting out their Genesis and we can get Bloodlines .

Foffy

Banned
Father_Brain said:
Was that around the time DXC came out? Nintendo also blocked Capcom from releasing Bionic Commando on VC, as I recall. It's possible that they have a blanket policy against allowing VC releases from third parties if they're seen as being used to promote games that aren't on Nintendo platforms.

I believe so. Famous 'vania leaker PORTRAITofRUIN mentioned during the development of DXC that Rondo was sent to NoA to be evaluated for a VC release, or something along those lines.

Foffy said:
I believe so. Famous 'vania leaker PORTRAITofRUIN mentioned during the development of DXC that Rondo was sent to NoA to be evaluated for a VC release, or something along those lines.

So, unless there's a Rocket Knight ReBirth coming, we shouldn't count on seeing any games in that series on VC anytime soon. Oh well.

Father_Brain said:

I thought the Bionic Commando ruling was because they finally figured out about the exploding hitler head after 20 years.

Anyway, this game looks boss. More importantly, it sounds boss. Day 0.

Foffy

Banned
Father_Brain said:
So, unless there's a Rocket Knight ReBirth coming, we shouldn't count on seeing any games in that series on VC anytime soon. Oh well.

It could have been banned for the opening scene, with the girl being impaled by a sword and all. Or the dominant Japanese voice acting.

andymcc

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:

Guess I'll have to settle with buying Super Castlevania IV. I've been on a Castlevania 3 kick lately and I need more games.

Course Nintendo still wins with that option. Hmm...maybe I can get someone to gift me SCIV in exchange for sexual favors.

why would you go from the awesomeness that is CVIII to the underwhelming shit-stain of SCIV?

IrishNinja

AgentOtaku said:
Still gotta play Contra Rebirth ....then again, I gotta get my Wii back from Nintendo first =/

honestly, i might be solo here, but while Contra was great, i couldnt figure out why they didnt let you run & gun. having to stand still to fire isnt something i remember from older contra games...weird design choice that made a difficult game trickier than it shoudlve.

that said, hyped for this. i was thinking it was a remake of the GB title as well but yeah, based on the series so far theyre not doing remakes.

IrishNinja

jjasper said:
They will probably just release the shitty SNES game instead. Oh well maybe one day Konami will start putting out their Genesis and we can get Bloodlines .

you best not be talkin' bout Super Castlevania IV.

IrishNinja

andymcc said:
i think he's talking about the SNES Dracula X, but that's still better than SCIV.

i will never understand this.
unless you really, really hate mode 7 levels or think the flicky-whip thing breaks the game, what's not to love about a re-imagining of part 1 with one of the best soundtracks out there?

andymcc

Banned
IrishNinja said:
i will never understand this.
unless you really, really hate mode 7 levels or think the flicky-whip thing breaks the game, what's not to love about a re-imagining of part 1 with one of the best soundtracks out there?

those are two fundamental problems i have with it, yes. i will concede that the soundtrack is awesome, though.

A Twisty Fluken said:
I thought the Bionic Commando ruling was because they finally figured out about the exploding hitler head after 20 years.

I recall someone from Capcom (either Judd or Svensson) saying that the head had nothing to do with it. I can't find the quote, though, but that's not really a plausible rationale for why Nintendo would block it, anyway. It might get an M rating from the ESRB, but it's not 1988 anymore.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
IrishNinja said:
honestly, i might be solo here, but while Contra was great, i couldnt figure out why they didnt let you run & gun. having to stand still to fire isnt something i remember from older contra games...weird design choice that made a difficult game trickier than it shoudlve.
??? Konami did the same thing in RE5... weird.

You can run & gun in Contra Rebirth

IrishNinja

..am i playing it wrong, then? i had a 2nd player, i think we both were using sideways wiimotes or something, both of us were quite sure we were stuck in place whist shooting. please say i played it wrong, the game'd be way better if i can sort this.

ps konami did not do RE5. that was namco.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
IrishNinja said:
..am i playing it wrong, then? i had a 2nd player, i think we both were using sideways wiimotes or something, both of us were quite sure we were stuck in place whist shooting. please say i played it wrong, the game'd be way better if i can sort this.
That's your problem. With the other controllers, you hold the shoulder button to stand still and fire. You have to keep tapping the fire button to r&g when using the remote. For whatever reason they decided not to use the b-button when playing with the remote sideways.

And I think I know who makes Resident Evil. Thank you very much!

ReyVGM

Dave Long said:
Srsly. I'm playing OoE right now and I don't see how Shanoa isn't the best animated Castlevania sprite. She's incredibly detailed and fluid.

I'm 24% clear on OoE. When does the backtracking start?

There's hardly any backtracking in OOE.

Top Bottom