• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red CEO responds to Jason Schreiers bad article

TVexperto

They allow for anyone to get refund if they don't like game or state of the game. Is that the thing you talk about ? They could just ignore everything and no one would get any refunds.

IIRC MS didn't even allow refunds before C77. I know because i wanted to refund Forza7 on PC and "we don't offer refunds" was what support told me.
You’re right I applaud them for that

You mean The Hunt?

Not from the perspective at how it impacts the world state no

I didnt really care about River though
so...a quest can't be good unless it impacts the overall world?

and i'm also not seeing how your level of caring about river affects the quality of that quest as far as being able to assess it. I certainly didn't have to be emotionally attached to river or something to be able to notice that this is a good quest, odd take.

that's pretty nitpicky man. certainly, view that as a more thought out quest experience than average...

anyway, not every good Witcher 3 quest impacted the overall world, not every good RDR mission impacted the overall world nor GTA IV or V. (some of my favorite games) so that's an odd thing to suddenly just hold cyberpunk accountable for....

so my point is, to put it bluntly, we all have knowledge of what other titles are offering as far as quests are concerned...that's the beauty of games, bars are easy to set, and easy to reference from. That being the case, comes off as you being alittle unfair towards the game when you describe quests like the Hunt for example as some throw away forgettable quest lol this is why I always say, if that was a forgettable quest, then definitely send me the games you are playing lol

kids say the Hunt is forgettable then to do the same rinse repeat combat/stealth "quests" in ghosts and AC lol

Last edited:
so...a quest can't be good unless it impacts the overall world?

and i'm also not seeing how your level of caring about river affects the quality of that quest as far as being able to assess it. I certainly didn't have to be emotionally attached to river or something to be able to notice that this is a good quest, odd take.

that's pretty nitpicky man. certainly, view that as a more thought out quest experience than average...

anyway, not every good Witcher 3 quest impacted the overall world, not every good RDR mission impacted the overall world nor GTA IV or V. (some of my favorite games) so that's an odd thing to suddenly just hold cyberpunk accountable for....

so my point is, to put it bluntly, we all have knowledge of what other titles are offering as far as quests are concerned...that's the beauty of games, bars are easy to set, and easy to reference from. That being the case, comes off as you being alittle unfair towards the game when you describe quests like the Hunt for example as some throw away forgettable quest lol this is why I always say, if that was a forgettable quest, then definitely send me the games you are playing lol

kids say the Hunt is forgettable then to do the same rinse repeat combat/stealth "quests" in ghosts and AC lol

Maybe get an understanding on the context of the discussion first before you join in then? I was never talking about how memorable a quest was based on tthe quality of the quest itself.

i.e I listed Delemains quest because of your decision to decide on what to do with delamain and his children

Last edited:

Salz01

Jason is not a journalist. He is a gossip columnist. He just gets people that have some dirt to say for whatever reason, and then makes a clickbait article. His ’sources’ are primarily disgruntled employees that were either let go involuntarily, or left said company and have a bone to pick. Every single company has disgruntled employees and I’m sure they aren’t hard to find. Jason isn’t striving to make this industry better. He finds low hanging narratives, when people are sure to click. If it’s not Jason it’s IGN. If he had any integrity he would verify with said company and get their thoughts about the controversy, and publish that along said article. But he can’t do that because most companies don’t give him the time of day.

Jason is not a journalist. He is a gossip columnist. He just gets people that have some dirt to say for whatever reason, and then makes a clickbait article. His ’sources’ are primarily disgruntled employees that were either let go involuntarily, or left said company and have a bone to pick. Every single company has disgruntled employees and I’m sure they aren’t hard to find. Jason isn’t striving to make this industry better. He finds low hanging narratives, when people are sure to click. If it’s not Jason it’s IGN. If he had any integrity he would verify with said company and get their thoughts about the controversy, and publish that along said article. But he can’t do that because most companies don’t give him the time of day.

If they won't give him the time of day to give their side on his hit pieces, and they don't like what he ends up putting out then that that's on the them, not Jason

Last edited:

GHG

Which is the reason for my post, and reference to Deus Ex. Deus Ex isn't a first person shooter. Deus Ex isn't a role playing game. Deus Ex isn't a stealth game. It's an immersive sim with shooter, RPG, and stealth elements that add to the whole.The hope of its developers was that, in concert, these elements would produce something that was more than the straight sum of its parts. In isolation, each element is actually kind of terrible. Deus Ex is a terrible shooter. Its RPG systems are really bare-bone, bordering on neolithic. It's stealth is rudimentary to say the least. But that the player can chose to operate in any of these systems at their sole discretion is what creates Deus Ex's brand of role play. In this regards, Cyberpunk is the same, and Warren Spector's worst fears for Deus Ex were realised: people are comparing its elements in isolation.

As an RPG, Cyberpunk is actually quite brilliant, but still not good enough to stand up when considering "just an RPG". My V is an ex-corpo. They're a selfish bastard out for eddies, but that has a flip side: they defend their own to the death. Mess with V's friends, and the gloves come off. When completing missions, my V is all business. If you're my assassination target, I'll let everyone but you live. But, offer more eddies to let you live than I was paid to kill you, we're cool - I'll take the eddies, you can skip town. In addition to this, my V has max cool and intelligence stats. I use a pistol when I absolutely have to, but I prefer to go the corpo-rat route and hack from the shadows. As I'm playing Cyberpunk, I'm constantly inventing my story, enacting its elements within the deep world of Night City. Instead of cutscenes telling me what I care about, I can pick and chose, filling out my story and my back story as I want. I get to actually role play, instead of relying on the game to tell me who and what I am.

Cyberpunk is not an "open world game", defined as a player-agnostic systems driven game, but the developers were clear that that was not their intention long before the game came out. What the open game world still offers, though, is immersion and freedom. I can approach missions however I want, owing to the freedom of the open world. Climb a neighboring building and enter from above, hit the water ways and come up through a grate, drive a car through the front fucking doors and go John Wick mode; the open world provides options to extend the mission and gameplay variety. As for immersion, well, in my opinion Night City is simply the most immersive open world I've ever played. GTA hasn't really impressed me since GTA San Andreas. I found Sleeping Dog's Hong Kong to be a dramatically more interesting place to occupy than GTA V's San Andreas, so I might be in the minority here. The context, feeling, and depth that Night City brings to the entire Cyberpunk experience offers tendrils that inform my role play in a way that no other game really has that I can remember. Is it completely necessary? No, so you're definitely right in that element - but again, like Deus Ex, I believe it's more than the straight sum of its parts. Without the open world, Cyberpunk would be dramatically less effecting.

It's not an action adventure game. It's an immersive sim with shooter, rpg, stealth, hacking, and open world elements. The closest straight comparison for my money would be "an open world Bioshock with RPG elements".

The elements that add to the whole are what make immersive sim games immersive sims. If you were to ask any of the individual elements to stand alone they would fail. Where those games succeed is how those various systems interact with one another and the amount of freedom/imagination that affords the player which is often paired with top tier level design.

In Cyberpunk the individual systems are stand-alone and rarely if ever interact with one another, and that just exposes how weak everything is on an individual basis.

Kadayi

Banned
The Cyberpunk Demo is a special case, because the narrator promises all kinds of things people could/will do within the game world and what distinguishes Cyberpunk from others games. "Most advanced A.I, Interaction etc.' It was all bullshit.

It also was from over 2 years ago and had 'Work in Progress' plastered all over it. The game wasn't fully realised at the time. If anything is said it's a statement of intent, not a promissory note.

If they won't give him the time of day to give their side on his hit pieces, and they don't like what he ends up putting out then that that's on the them, not Jason

Given his intent in the articles he previously published about them, why would they give him the time of day? Whatever they say its unlikely that he's going to give them a fair shake versus twist it to suit his needs.

It also was from over 2 years ago and had 'Work in Progress' plastered all over it. The game wasn't fully realised at the time. If anything is said it's a statement of intent, not a promissory note.

Given his intent in the articles he previously published about them, why would they give him the time of day? Whatever they say its unlikely that he's going to give them a fair shake versus twist it to suit his needs.

Well they always refuse to, and now in CDPR's case, they clearly got pissed at what he managed to dig up without their input and felt the need to respond to him instead of keeping their mouth shut like EA, Naughty Dog or the rest of them

If they weren't prepared to keep quiet then they should have just accepted his proporsal in the first place. Now they just look worse because of it

You can understand that CDPR's baffling decision to launch the console ports in that state was the wrong move, and dislike that little weasel Schrier at the same time.

harmny

Banned
He's actually hurting the gaming industry not helping it. Seeing thousands of tweets bashing cdpr because Jason said that the 2018 demo was fake is sad. That demo wasn't fake at all and Jason knows it. He also said that they were blaming QA in the apology video when they clearly weren't and they got thousands of hate tweets about that. same thing about the low salary.

You may think Adams response is bad PR and it is but it also is a genuine response from a head of a studio. If you wonder why other big studios don't talk at all or they just release pr bullshit this is why. Because no matter what you say or do people are going to twist your words and attack you if they want to hurt you.

And for people asking why Adam is talking about 9/10 and 10/10 reviews the reason is he is proud of their game and their team. jason is implying the game is a disaster and when you work for years and years busting your ass making something and then someone tells you your work is a piece of shit imagine how you feel. yes the game might have problems. especially on consoles. but the game is far from a disaster. people are acting as if they bought the 2018 demo and got big rigs over the road racing.

let me tell you if this game was released by EA or Bethesda. and they just acted as if everything was fine and didn't offer no question asked refunds. the game would be available for purchase in the ps store and in the ms store without a warning. What happened to people that bought Anthem? that game was never fixed. or Fallout 76? Or avengers for that matter that game launched in a horrible state too it has dips to 20 all the time.

CDPR created this shitstorm when they admitted that the game was in a bad state and apologized and offered refunds to everyone.

Last edited:
He's actually hurting the gaming industry not helping it. Seeing thousands of tweets bashing cdpr because Jason said that the 2018 demo was fake is sad. That demo wasn't fake at all and Jason knows it. He also said that they were blaming QA in the apology video when they clearly weren't and they got thousands of hate tweets about that. same thing about the low salary.

You may think Adams response is bad PR and it is but it also is a genuine response from a head of a studio. If you wonder why other big studios don't talk at all or they just release pr bullshit this is why. Because no matter what you say or do people are going to twist your words and attack you if they want to hurt you.

And for people asking why Adam is talking about 9/10 and 10/10 reviews the reason is he is proud of their game and their team. jason is implying the game is a disaster and when you work for years and years busting your ass making something and then someone tells you your work is a piece of shit imagine how you feel. yes the game might have problems. especially on consoles. but the game is far from a disaster. people are acting as if they bought the 2018 demo and got big rigs over the road racing

It was fake in the same vein that Anthems E3 demo was fake

Core gameplay was there, but they tacked on a ton of shit that was just a concept and not real to make it look more impressive than was reaslisticly possible

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
It was fake like Anthems E3 demo was fake

Core gameplay was there, but they tacked on a ton of shit that was just a concept and not real

every demo released years before the game launch is fake. you are making a vertical slice that serves as a proof of concept of your game. and cdpr delivered a product that was extremely close to that demo so no one can call that a lie.

and let me quote again the god of war development team talking about the e3 2016 demo a critically acclaimed game that everybody loves.

"everybody is telling me what we did on e3 doesn't scale. we took so much time out of the project to make that awesome. that doesn't scale to a full sized game."
"The scary thing was we showed 10 minutes and 45 seconds or something, and it took a year and a half to get there, and now we have a year and a half left essentially. and we have like 30 hours to make. and you're kind of scratching your head like how is that humanly possible"

does that sound familiar? is sony santa monica a studio with horrible management? did they lie about god of war? or maybe that just how development works.

Last edited:
every demo released years before the game launch is fake. you are making a vertical slice that serves as a proof of concept of your game. and cdpr delivered a product that was extremely close to that demo so no one can call that a lie.

and let me quote again the god of war development team talking about the e3 2016 demo

"everybody is telling me what we did on e3 doesn't scale. we took so much time out of the project to make that awesome. that doesn't scale to a full sized game."
"The scary thing was we showed 10 minutes and 45 seconds or something, and it took a year and a half to get there, and now we have a year and a half left essentially. and we have like 30 hours to make. and you're kind of scratching your head like how is that humanly possible"

does that sound familiar? is sony santa monica a studio with horrible management? did they lie about god of war? or maybe that just how development works.

Did Sony Sony Santa Monica showcase or talk about features that were either just a concept or not even possible in the game?

No, that's the difference

Last edited:

Woggleman

You can love the game like I do and still realize that releasing it on platforms that most people will be playing on in such a terrible was a bad move. I feel that a lot of people are grasping at straws with the actual game design arguments but the base console versions were pretty much unplayable. It runs like a dream on my Series X but most people are still stuck in last gen and a game released for those consoles should be actually playable.

Astorian

And for people asking why Adam is talking about 9/10 and 10/10 reviews the reason is he is proud of their game and their team. jason is implying the game is a disaster and when you work for years and years busting your ass making something and then someone tells you your work is a piece of shit imagine how you feel. yes the game might have problems. especially on consoles. but the game is far from a disaster. people are acting as if they bought the 2018 demo and got big rigs over the road racing.

let me tell you if this game was released by EA or Bethesda. and they just acted as if everything was fine and didn't offer no question asked refunds. the game would be available for purchase in the ps store and in the ms store without a warning. What happened to people that bought Anthem? that game was never fixed. or Fallout 76? Or avengers for that matter that game launched in a horrible state too it has dips to 20 all the time.

CDPR created this shitstorm when they admitted that the game was in a bad state and apologized and offered refunds to everyone.
Wow didn’t know the CEO posts on gaf.

harmny

Banned
Did Sony Sony Santa Monica showcase or talk about features that were either just a concept or not even possible in the final game?

No, that's the difference

what difference? was the demo "fake"? yes. that's the point. that whole "oh that demo took precious development time" "oh systems weren't ready" yeah they never are and yes they always take time from development. it happens in every studio. why is jason bashing cdpr for that?

maybe the problem isn't that the demo is fake but that cdpr in the two years that followed cut and changed some features. and even then almost everything featured in that 48 minutes demo (which is a lot) is possible in the final game so calling that a demo a lie is disingenuous.

but that's a different argument and saying the 2018 demo is fake sounds like every other e3 demo wasn't fake. they all are if they are released years before the launch of the game. although i wouldn't call them fake.

Last edited:
what difference? was the demo "fake"? yes. that's the point. that whole "oh that demo took precious development time" "oh systems weren't ready" yeah they never are and yes they always take time from development. it happens in every studio. why is jason bashing cdpr for that?

maybe the problem isn't that the demo is fake but that cdpr in the two years that followed cut and changed some features. and even then almost everything featured in that 48 minutes demo (which is a lot) is possible in the final game.

but that's a different argument and saying the 2018 demo is fake sounds like every other e3 demo wasn't fake. they all are if they are release years before the launch of the game although i wouldn't call them fake.

It wasn't that they "cut" features

They talked about and showcased features that weren't actually even a thing in the first place, like the reacitivty of the world, full day and night cycle AI, car ambushes, contextual takedowns, hacking, wall hanging and wall bouncing. They just scripted things specfifically for the demo that the developers weren't even working on to impress people.

Compare that to God of War, which was litterally a showcase of what the developers were working on and no bs proof of concepts for the sole purpose of wow factor

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
Damn shame the way CD Project Red has fallen because of their incompetence, I don't think their image will heal any time soon and I have a feeling that they will last no more than 2 to 3 years before we start seeing articles of the company is looking for a buyout.

I haven't been on here since last Friday so I have no idea. Anyways just don't reply if you don't agree with what someone says.
Now I don't have anything to discuss with you on whether you got scammed or whatever but try not to take things personal. Youre telling people to GTFO who you don't agree with which comes across as aggressive and someone that is unhinged.
Poster says PC version is a disaster and I got scammed. I ask him to explain. That's aggressive now? Jesus, you must fold like a deck of cards in the real world. didn't take anything personal until you come with those milquetoast insults. Try not being so soft in the future, it's a pathetic look.

Hudo

and let me quote again the god of war development team talking about the e3 2016 demo a critically acclaimed game that everybody loves.

This. It's with almost every game. People don't seem to understand what E3 is for: It's a big commercial. It's a hype fest to get people interested in your games and platforms. Almost every game shown off at some expo is faked to certain degrees. Base tech might work but I promise you, it's duct taped together and the developers are praying in the background that shit doesn't explode. Games come together during the last months of development.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
It wasn't that they "cut" features

They talked about and showcased features that weren't actually even a thing in the first place, like the reacitivty of the world, full day and night cycle AI, car ambushes, contextual takedowns. They just scripted things specfifically for the demo that the developers weren't even working on to impress people.

Compare that to God of War, which was litterally a showcase of what the developers were working on and no bs proof of concepts for the sole purpose of wowing people.

you got that backwards. it's not that they script things that they are not working on to impress people. they script things as a proof of concept to use as a blueprint for developing the game further. god of war did the same thing. most things make it. some things don't. some things change for design reasons. some things get cut because you don't have the resources and you have priorities.

god of war's demo was 10 minutes. cyberpunk's demo was 48 minutes. you can see a lot more features in a demo that is 5 times longer. maybe cdpr should have released a shorter demo sure but at the end of the day as i said almost everything is in the game so i really don't get how can anyone call that a lie. or maybe they should've released the demo without the narrator.

Last edited:

perkelson

Nah, they put out a meanigless statement knowing the refund policies would not apply and that was their goal. They were thinking the could shift blame to the plattfromholders and wash their hands clean but they thankfully got fucked by this move.

Did see the news on how the head of the studio liked tweets from CDPR fanboys that shit on Sony because they allowed unconditional refunds and pulled the game from PSN?

If you get refused refund by someone say Sony, seller etc. they literally will ask for your copy or digital code and they will refund you.

god of war's demo was 10 minutes. cyberpunk's demo was 48 minutes. you can see a lot more features in a demo that is 5 times longer. maybe cdpr should have released a shorter demo sure but at the end of the day as i said almost everything is in the game so i really don't get how can anyone call that a lie. or maybe they should've released the demo without the narrator.

The 48 min demo comparison is completely retarded because in the released game it is exactly the same sans wall running which got cut.

Wallrunning got cut - "Burn CDPR" !!!
They got in 77 charged jump, double jump and hover, parkour and completely scalable vertical city - :crickets:

State of "fans" discussing cut content.

- "Game is completely lifeless" - ignores literally 100s of quests/events/random events

Last edited:
you got that backwards. it's not that they script things that they are not working on. they script things as a proof of concept to use as a blueprint for developing the game further. god of war did the same thing. most things make it. some things don't. some things change for design reasons. some things get cut because you don't have the resources and you have priorities.

god of war's demo was 10 minutes. cyberpunk's demo was 48 minutes. you can see a lot more features in a demo that is 5 times longer. maybe cdpr should have released a shorter demo sure but at the end of the day as i said almost everything is in the game so i really don't get how can anyone call that a lie.

They should have never have had been scripting those things in the first place because they were never going to be in the game. They existed soley for the demo.

I garuntee the only reason that demo is even in the final game in the first place, outside the abdundence of missing features, is because due the amount of time they spent making the demo, they had to repurporse it for the final game. Like the scripted ambush scene in the demo was moved to the section after the heist

I mean even the narrator outright lied about the AI system in the game

Last edited:

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
If you get refused refund by someone say Sony, seller etc. they literally will ask for your copy or digital code and they will refund you.
They ask? CDPR?

Because I remember a lot of people got their refund refused at the beginning which lead to twitter outrage. I did not see CDPR stepping in back then and I dont think it was ever up to them to meddle in the refund policies of the plattformholders.

Last edited:

The 48 min demo comparison is completely retarded because in the released game it is exactly the same sans wall running which got cut.

Wallrunning got cut - "Burn CDPR" !!!
They got charged jump, double jump and hover, parkour and completely scalable vertical city - :crickets:

State of "fans" discussing cut content.

- "Game is completely lifeless" - ignores literally 100s of quests/events/random events

Missing contextual takedowns

Missing hacking system

Missing ambush system

Missing night and day AI system

The reactivity in the game was completely overblown in the demo

The wall running is just one minor thing out of an abundance of others

perkelson

They ask? CDPR?
Because I remember a lot of people got their refund refused at the beginning which lead to twitter outrage. I did not see CDPR stepping in back then and I dont think it was ever up to them to meddle in the refund policies of the plattfromholders.

Yes you can send them your copy of physical game or code you bought even from third party sites and they will return you money along with transport fee.

But i guess they are evil money grabbing greedy ashholes or sumting just like EA.

perkelson

Missing contextual takedowns

Missing hacking system

Missing ambush system

Missing night and day AI system

The reactivity in the game was completely overblown in the demo

The wall running is just one minor thing out of an abundance of others

Missing hacking system - there is hacking in game, literally what you do 24/7 when you play netrunner
Missing ambush system - the wut ? You literally can sneak up to someone and break their neck
Missing night and day AI system - you mean like that in 77 where time of day decides how many people and cars are on street ?
The reactivity in the game was completely overblown in the demo - And by that you mean what ? Lack of choices because there are plenty and literally 7 different long endings based on those choices.

Missing hacking system - there is hacking in game, literally what you do 24/7 when you play netrunner
Missing ambush system - the wut ? You literally can sneak up to someone and break their neck
Missing night and day AI system - you mean like that in 77 where time of day decides how many people and cars are on street ?
The reactivity in the game was completely overblown in the demo - And by that you mean what ? Lack of choices because there are plenty and literally 7 different long endings based on those choices.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Apparently you've completely forgot what was in the 2018 demo and what they talked about

They showcased the ability to hack into the entire enemy network.

They showcased, what was claimed to be random encounters when they were ambushed when driving

They narrator outright claimed they built an AI system where every NPCs lived their life in a day and night cycle.

Reacitivty, i.e ads tailored to V, random encounters being triggered based on who you've pissed off, the NPCs themeselves being more than objects with poor path finding

The only ending that unlocks based on choices is the hidden one. The rest unlock based on whether you've completed some side quests. None of them besides the hidden one are missable.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
They should have never have had been scripting those things in the first place because they were never going to be in the game. They existed soley for the demo.

I garuntee the only reason that demo is even remotely in the game outside the abdundence of missing features, is because due the amount of time they spent making the demo, they had to repurporse it for the final game. Like the scripted ambush scene in the demo was moved to the section after the heist

I mean the narrator outright lied about the AI system in the game

again you are getting things backwards. they are not scripting things that were never going to be in the game. at that point they planned to include those things in the game. things change. i know you are not going to be fair at this point so i'm done. but there is not an abundance of missing features.

there are contextual takedowns. you can kill and hide a body in one move depending on the context. it's just different from the demo. a more flexible approach instead of having specific animations. clearly a design change.
missing hacking system? well there is definitely a lot of hacking in the game. the network was a design change. but you can jack into a physical access point to get eddies.
missing ambush system. yeah it's missing
missing night and day AI system. there is definitley changes between day and night AI. but random npcs don't have routines that's for sure. it was never showcased just mentioned by the narrator.

wow without those features it sounds like a completely different game! no it doesn't. the demo is extremely close to the retail game.

remember they never wanted to show that demo in public for this very same reason. they did it because people pressured started complaining online nonstop.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/27/17787984/cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-demo-expectations

“This is probably not the same game you’ll see on your screen when we launch”
“Since many of the assets and mechanics in the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 are most likely to be modified, we initially decided to show this gameplay only to media."

"the press and industry professionals at E3 and Gamescom understand that. But CD Projekt Red seems concerned that consumers might not. That’s why the entire 48-minute demo had a “work in progress” watermark in the upper third of the frame.

But that watermark might not be enough of a warning."

i guess they were right. i hope they learnt their lesson. don't give gamers anything until the game is finished.

Last edited:

perkelson

Apparently you've completely forgot what was in the 2018 demo and what they talked about

I know about 2018 demo. It is litearlly the same stuff you play in actual finished game. Somehow you don't know about it which means probably you never even played game in first place. So you are trolling.

And you can do that. It is called "Breach". Moreover enemies usually have 2-3 different networks which are explained in lore as counter measure for hackers.

But you naturally don't know it since you are just trolling.

They showcased, what was claimed to be random encounters when they were ambushed when driving

There are random encounters in game. Moreover no one said that this was "ambush mechanic" like it is some sort of chance based encounter made on system. This shootout is still in the game.

They narrator outright claimed they built an AI system where every NPCs lived their life in a day and night cycle.

There is day and night cycle and amount of traffic and peds depends on it, most of npcs in game don't have routines but some do, same with events.

Reacitivty, i.e ads tailored to V, random encounters being triggered based on who you've pissed off, the NPCs themeselves being more than objects with poor path finding

Right because game doesn't have interactive ads it is somehow broken or something. Random encounters ARE in game.

The only ending that unlocks based on choices is the hidden one. The rest unlock based on whether you've completed some side quests. None of them besides the hidden one are missable.

Lol. Litearlly you don't fucking know what you are talking about. Each sidemission has various different states including failure of certain goals that can remove some ending or add ending choice.

Keep trolling mate.

Fredrik

HINT: There are plenty of choices in game. They are not just ABC type choices like in 99% of other RPGs but like those in Witcher 3 where you never know where you make choices as they come naturally from your actions and reasoning.
When someone says the choices don’t matter, just ask if they got to cuddle with Panam or Judy. I used a guide and it feels like it would’ve been easier to make a fancy 4 course dinner lol

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

What are you talking about - you can’t hack into an enemy network? Isn’t that breach protocol or whatever?

harmny

Banned
The guy is doing an amazing job. He's been in every CP2077 thread, fighting every post, since the game launched. He should be offered a job at CDPR as Neogaf ambassador, or something. I'm serious, he's tireless.

i get paid for every post. i'm tireless like they haters.

Last edited:
again you are getting things backwards. they are not scripting things that were never going to be in the game. at that point they planned to include those things in the game. things change. i know you are not going to be fair at this point so i'm done. but there is not an abundance of missing features.

there are contextual takedowns. you can kill and hide a body in one move depending on the context. it's just different from the demo. a more flexible approach instead of having specific animations. clearly a design change.
missing hacking system? well there is definitely a lot of hacking in the game. the network was a design change. but you can hack into a physical access point.
missing ambush system. yeah it's missing
missing night and day AI system. there is definitley changes between day and night AI. but random npcs don't have routines that's for sure. it was never showcased just mentioned by the narrator.

wow without those features it sounds like a completely different game! no it doesn't. the demo is extremely close to the retail game.

remember they never wanted to show that demo in public for this very same reason. they did it because people pressured started complaining online nonstop.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/27/17787984/cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-demo-expectations

“This is probably not the same game you’ll see on your screen when we launch”
“Since many of the assets and mechanics in the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 are most likely to be modified, we initially decided to show this gameplay only to media."

"the press and industry professionals at E3 and Gamescom understand that. But CD Projekt Red seems concerned that consumers might not. That’s why the entire 48-minute demo had a “work in progress” watermark in the upper third of the frame.

But that watermark might not be enough of a warning."

i guess they were right. i hope they learnt their lesson. don't give gamers anything until the game is finished.

No, i'm not getting it backwards

It's very much obvious alot of the systems were conjured up to impress. I'm sure they would have loved to make those things possible in the game, but they knew it wouldn't have been possible, but they were scripted and showcased in the demo anyway, because they were instructed to make a demo to impress and not to care whether it was realistic.

Hacking into access points for eddies is hardly compareable to what they showed in the demo

The narrator claimed they developed a new AI system where they actually lived their lives follwing a day and night system. Completely different to, "poof" when it turns night. Then there's NPCs with an actual identity who don't even move at all.

Man this bullshit about only wanting to show it to the media lmao

I bet they were absolutely gushing when the media was calling it revolutionary while knowing full well it was just smokes and mirrors

I know about 2018 demo. It is litearlly the same stuff you play in actual finished game. Somehow you don't know about it which means probably you never even played game in first place. So you are trolling.

And you can do that. It is called "Breach". Moreover enemies usually have 2-3 different networks which are explained in lore as counter measure for hackers.

But you naturally don't know it since you are just trolling.
Oh so can you show me how to hack into the network where it shows the entire enemy map in a 3D view then?
There are random encounters in game. Moreover no one said that this was "ambush mechanic" like it is some sort of chance based encounter made on system. This shootout is still in the game.
No there are not. Litterally right after they destroyed the car chasing them in the demo, the narrator talked about random encouters like this. So wrong again

There is day and night cycle and amount of traffic and peds depends on it, most of npcs in game don't have routines but some do, same with events.
Like, none of the NPCs have routines. They either stand still or go poof.

Right because game doesn't have interactive ads it is somehow broken or something. Random encounters ARE in game.
Reactive ads are just another example of features not in the game that I brought up since you've delusionally said the only thing missing was wall handing. No random encounters do not exist.

Lol. Litearlly you don't fucking know what you are talking about. Each sidemission has various different states including failure of certain goals that can remove some ending or add ending choice.

Keep trolling mate.

All you have to do is complete specific side jobs to unlock those endings, unless you're talking about any additional characters who appear in those same endings based on whether you've romanced them or not.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned

It's very much obvious alot of the systems were conjured up to impress. I'm sure they would have loved to make those things possible in the game, but they knew it wouldn't have been possible, but they were scripted and showcased in the demo anyway, because they were instructed to make a demo to impress and not to care whether it was realistic.

yeah you don't really know how game development works. that's fine though. have fun.

Hacking into access points for eddies is hardly compareable to what they showed in the demo

The narrator claimed they developed a new AI system where they actually lived their lives follwing a day and night system. Completely different to, "poof" when it turns night. Then there's NPCs with an actual identity who don't even move at all.

Man this bullshit about only wanting to show it to the media lmao

I bet they were absolutely gushing when the media was calling it revolutionary while knowing full well it was just smokes and mirrors

Oh so can you show me how to hack into the network where it shows the entire enemy map in a 3D view then?

No there are not. Litterally right after they destroyed the car chasing them in the demo, the narrator talked about random encouters like this. So wrong again

Like, none of the NPCs have routines. They either stand still or go poof.

Reactive ads are just another example of features not in the game that I brought up since you've delusionally said the only thing missing was wall handing. No random encounters do not exist.

All you have to do is complete specific side jobs to unlock those endings, unless you're talking about any additional characters who appear in those same endings based on whether you've romanced them or not.

Whoa, whoa. Calm down there, buddy. You sound "unhinged" right now. 😉

Top Bottom