• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Eden E3 Trailer - Spiritual sequel to Rez on PS3 and Xbox360 [U-CONF]

8bit

Knows the Score
I remember when Rez came to the PS2 thinking that it would have been pretty cool with the Eyetoy, so I guess this is the evolution of that idea.

I thought the music was kind of shitty though. More like Jeff Mills or Surgeon and less like Genki Rockets please.

Wow. MS really should have shown this in their E3 conference. Looks spectacular. Love the title (Child of Eden) and the music too. Anyone know what that track is?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Leviathan1 said:
Wow. MS really should have shown this in their E3 conference. Looks spectacular. Love the title (Child of Eden) and the music too. Anyone know what that track is?
Maybe Sony gonna do it?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Leviathan1 said:

Remix of Genki Rockets' "Star Line". Q Entertainment is a producer of Genki Rockets so I would expect heavy involvement of their music with Child of Eden.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This looks incredible. It will be quite the experience, I for one will be sure to really enjoy it (wink wink).
Loving the music as well. :D

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
This was so great looking. I am the world's biggest rez fan, and this looks so good too. At the end of the video when you see a little butterfly flutter away, my heart melted.

I don't care how much it costs, or where it is released, I will get this game.

BuzzJive

Rez was such an incredible disappointment to me personally (a lot of small things adding up I guess - nothing I can adequately explain). I saw the potential though and I hope this one lives up to it.

Mdk7

Mizuguchi >>>>>> All.
He's my favorite game designer, and i'm so glad he's back.
This game seems astonishing, the one and only reason for me to buy a Kinect.

CTLance

Hrm. I'm torn, honestly. On one hand... REZ. On the other hand... I'm not that interested in the Kinect/Move stuff, I have a Wii for that kind of thing. And honestly, as much as I'm hyped, that trailer leaves me with too many questions.

I'll be taking a wait and see approach on this, I'm afraid.

mello

Finally got past all the 500 errors just to say that I've been replaying this trailer over for the last 10mins.

MIZUGUCHI IN MY FACE! :p

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Rabbitwork said:
yeah, i saw the rez re-hash segment that was 10 seconds of a 2 minute trailer.

i am not hopeful until i see actual gameplay and hear more music. that early 00s trance was not doing it for me.

Hmmm, actually I'm hoping the music sounds kinda similar to that in the rest of the game. Considering the way dance music has trended in the past 5 years... there's no way I'd want to hear any farty electro or lethargic dubstep in the game, would totally not fit.

Still curious as to whether or not I can play w/o motion controls.

soco

looks pretty awesome.

if it only works with move and kinect, i'll just play at a friends place or wait a few months until you can find the controllers in the bargain bin!

see5harp

I don't mind the music, but it does sound dated to me. I don't want it to all be minimal or tech house but for godssakes don't make a game that only appeals to nerds.

Corto

It gives a warm feeling to our heart to see something that appears so good, creative and original using the motion technology... Everything's not lost.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
see5harp said:
I don't mind the music, but it does sound dated to me. I don't want it to all be minimal or tech house but for godssakes don't make a game that only appeals to nerds.

Well, we'll have to see how the music fits into the actual game... The original's soundtrack was timeless, and can totally be listened to on its own outside of any type of dance music trend (since, there aren't nearly enough games with edm in its soundtrack).

Wouldn't mind a bit of mnml/tech house myself though, but it's a niche artsy game from an obscure Japanese developer, who else would this appeal to outside of nerds? :p

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
duckroll said:
Fixed and enhanced the thread title for you.

Thanks, I wouldn't have known it'd be a Rez-like game without the title fix.

Fuck, that trailer was amazing. Might even be good for getting Kinect for (depending on the hardware price of course.)

Watched the trailer properly with the music on. I am very very hyped for this. I may break a cardinal rule and actually Day One something.

Must play Rez HD very loud...

Azrael

Seems likely now that the Wii Hi-Fi thing is true, since that rumor came from the same source which leaked this. Should be a pretty epic Nintendo conference tomorrow. May ironically end up benefiting Move and Kinect once most third-party games start adding a Wii SKU next year.

see5harp

djtiesto said:
Well, we'll have to see how the music fits into the actual game... The original's soundtrack was timeless, and can totally be listened to on its own outside of any type of dance music trend (since, there aren't nearly enough games with edm in its soundtrack).

Wouldn't mind a bit of mnml/tech house myself though, but it's a niche artsy game from an obscure Japanese developer, who else would this appeal to outside of nerds? :p

Timeless? I don't know if I'd go that far. What I'd really want is something a little less etheral and trancey....that to me really isn't timeless. A horn section and some congos wouldn't exactly fit the visuals, but something a little on the edge is what I'm wanting.

edit: okay watching live demo and music fine. I'm in.

Top Bottom