• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Eden E3 Trailer - Spiritual sequel to Rez on PS3 and Xbox360 [U-CONF]

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Only one word really.
Yes.

Now to hear gameplay impressions from the floor and decide on a platform.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Wow... its like they grab Flow, Flower, Eden, Rez and I don't know what else and made this game! I don't know what game I'm looking at, but it does look awesome, but still remind me to all those games I mention. :lol

farnham

Banned
Azrael said:
Seems likely now that the Wii Hi-Fi thing is true, since that rumor came from the same source which leaked this. Should be a pretty epic Nintendo conference tomorrow. May ironically end up benefiting Move and Kinect once most third-party games start adding a Wii SKU next year.
not gonna happen

Wi Hifi would mean that nobody has any incentive developing for nintendo at all

- no userbase
- still nintendo games that eat up sales
- general dislike-indifference of thirdparties towards anything nintendo

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
it fucking sold me on kinect. the gestures and a game like this fit hand in hand. looks absolutely excellent

Varion

Really can't believe Microsoft didn't show this in their conference. Guess Ubisoft wanted to keep it for their own.

Looked awesome though, I'll admit to being a sucker for pretty colours all over the place. Not sure which version to get, but I'll definitely be getting one of them.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Nuclear Muffin said:
Please tell me that someone uploaded it to Youtube. I missed the live demo :(
This.. just tuned in. Can't believe I missed it.

traveler

Not Wario
Well, crud, this was the only thing I wanted to see at Ubi's conference but I was still eating supper at 8. Figured I could show up 10 minutes late and not have missed anything. Guess I was wrong. Hopefully there's some incoming video soon.

sciplore

Nuclear Muffin said:
Please tell me that someone uploaded it to Youtube. I missed the live demo :(

I want to show it to my sister too, I came in the middle finding it cool but was wondering what the heck he was using until it hit me that it was kinect why the hell microsoft did not showcase the title is beyond me.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I saw Miz playing the game, and while I'm not entirely convinced about Kinect, I'll be buying one with Child of Eden day 1. I've owned every single Miz game and I'm not about to stop now.

dkeane

Very excited for this, hope it'll support Move - that Ubisoft demo with kineckt didn't look very responsive or precise.
Maybe they'll have a regular controller option too.

dkeane said:
Very excited for this, hope it'll support Move - that Ubisoft demo with kineckt didn't look very responsive or precise.

Wow, really? I missed the demo but it sounded like this was the one game that sold the premise of Kinect.

Drag.

:(

Wallach

Oh shit, spiritual Rez successor? I'm th-

Awesome Trailer said:

FCL00.jpg

sciplore

dkeane said:
Maybe they'll have a regular controller option too.

Really? Now I need to see that stream again it looked great when I saw it the first time :/

Some dude is talking about laser tag right now.. so I'm looking at the footage again. Looks like lock on is always on with flicky wave to shoot. Hands in the air like you just don't care for a super bomb thing and clap of the hands to toggle free shoot.

Epcott

Loved the Kinect gameplay. It looked as though he were shooting with his right hand and changing flight directions with is left... sweet.

Didn't care much for the lack of incoming projectiles or challenge. Then again, it's early and hard to tell if this is just a "casual", or if there's an actual shump in there.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
ichinisan said:
Game of the Show right here, even though Metal Gear Solid: Rising has aroused me a lot.
It's close, but Child of Eden is not the game of the show.

I don't see any Bugatti Veyron cop cars.

op_ivy

BenjaminBirdie said:
WOW!!!

Is that really how the Kinect mechanics are going to work?!?

not exactly. we need the ubi conference demo on youtube

StuBurns

Banned
So far, easily game of the show. Tomorrow The Last Guardian has a chance of dethroning it, but I was super impressed by the presentation, and the trailer is beautiful. Miz is God.

Empty

StuBurns said:
So far, easily game of the show. Tomorrow The Last Guardian has a chance of dethroning it, but I was super impressed by the presentation, and the trailer is beautiful. Miz is God.

agreed on all points.

op_ivy

pmj said:
The exact same trailer they showed at the MS conference.

It doesn't look like Rez and it doesn't sound like Rez. I hate the music.

have you played rez?

Mdk7

From the trailer i thought this game was amazing.
After seeing it demoed by Mizuguchi i have NO FUCKING WORDS.
I need it, now.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Does anyone have a link to the video presentation they showed at Ubi-Soft's conference? I missed it.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
This is the first (real) Kinect game that has made me want to buy the hardware. I'm sure there will be a standard pad option but that would be missing out on a huge part of the experience.

Balb

Well, this game definitely ensures that I'll buy either a Move or a Kinect. Not sure which one yet though.

Mœbius

There are no words to describe how I feel right now. Rez is the reason I started loving and making games, just so I could recreate the sensations I felt when experiencing it. Based on the trailer and gameplay glimpsed I'm sure the new project will have no less of an impact on me.

pmj

op_ivy said:
have you played rez?
Of course, and that's why I said it. I haven't seen the gameplay demonstration though, so all I have to go on is the trailer.

I really want this to be good but I hated the trailer.

StuBurns

Banned
pmj said:
Of course, and that's why I said it. I haven't seen the gameplay demonstration though, so all I have to go on is the trailer.

I really want this to be good but I hated the trailer.
Based on the demonstration, that trailer has tiny bits of the game, but all the floaty men touching things is just concept CG.

It is Rez 2, fear not.

op_ivy

BenjaminBirdie said:
Did he demo it with Move or Kinect?

kinect.

sessler just made a great comment

(paraphrasing) "it took a french company, to team with a japanese developer, to get me excited for the american kinect"

:lol

Top Bottom