• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities in Motion |OT| Is your city in motion?

Pandemic

Cities-in-MotionLogo.jpeg

Basic Information
Developer: Colossal Order
Publisher: Paradox Interactive
Platforms: PC
Genre: Business simulation
Release Date: 22/02/11
Modes: Single-player
Official Boxart:
cim_packshot_2D_esrbe_cd_hires.jpg

Official Website

PC Requirements:
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7
Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard drive space: 2 GB
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800/ATI Radeon HD 3850 or
higher, 512 MB RAM, OpenGL 3.0

Features
• Explore four different cities: Vienna, Helsinki, Berlin and Amsterdam
• Engage in a campaign spread across 12 scenarios, as well as a sandbox mode where all campaign cities are playable
• Realistic 3D graphics with over 100 unique buildings
• Advanced economy simulation including contractor deals, banking, insurance and fluctuating economic trends
• Play through 100 years of transportation history across four eras between 1920 and 2020
• Use the advanced map editor to create your own cities
• Choose between over 30 different vehicles based on real-life models including buses, trams, water buses, helicopters and a subway system with underground view
• Real-time city and traffic simulation as people commute between their homes, workplace and social lives.
•Meet residents’ travel needs as seven different social groups exhibit different passenger behaviours
• Three difficulty levels – easy, medium and hard

Cities in Motion Open Beta - Closes 20th of February

Reviews
• Gamespot - 7.5/10

News
• Cities in Motion Pre-order live! Get DLC for Free
• Cities in Motion Street Date Set - Tram trailer released!

Pandemic

By the way, for anyone wondering. The original release date was 25/02/11, but was today changed to an earlier date which is now 22/02/11.

News about is above.

Very interested, though was it ever figured out if those required specs were minimum or recommended? I'm going to be waiting for a bit if they were minimum. Also, interesting selection of 4 cities, not that the extreme Germanophile in me is complaining or anything.

Ranger X

Bending_Unit_22 said:
Very interested, though was it ever figured out if those required specs were minimum or recommended? I'm going to be waiting for a bit if they were minimum. Also, interesting selection of 4 cities, not that the extreme Germanophile in me is complaining or anything.

Should run pretty fine even if you don't have the latest graphic card. I have an almost old Radeon HD 4860 and the beta runs wonderfully.

After the beta, day one for sure.

I hope some basic vehicle spacing AI is added to the lines. Obviously it shouldn't be perfect (otherwise it'd be boring and real life gets it wrong too), but I don't want to see six buses in a row while the rest of the route remains empty.

i hope there's a proper demo. that beta wouldn't run on my system for some reason (would freeze after 10-15 seconds after starting it up. want to try it out.

Pandemic

Cities in Motion Pre-order live! Get DLC for Free
Hello everyone.

Today we started taking pre-orders for Cities in Motion on GamersGate!
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIM/cities-in-motion
And if you pre-order you will get a Free DLC pack, Design Classics.
Design Classics adds five brand new vehicles to Cities in Motion. Expand the cities
transit capabilities while providing your citizens with new and exciting comute options.

Offical release date Feb 22.

Enjoy

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?520391-Cities-in-Motion-Pre-order-live!-Get-DLC-for-Free

bjaelke

Good work on the OP. Hopefully I'll get a new laptop before the release. Currently struggling to get more than 10 fps in the beta :(

Jintor

Waiting for the Steam version, but day 1 for sure! Hoping the devs take into account beta feedback, especially re: traffic flow problems

Dynoro

Can't wait for the release; a little shocked by the price on Gamersgate though (in a good way) as I was expecting double that

Ranger X

Good news, a Cities In Motion community guy told us (see on their facebook) that they are actually working on the pile-up issue!!

So I suppose there will be a patch down the road where the buses will place themselves properly on the line instead of packing up together.

Dennis

Banned
Pandemic said:
Cities in Motion Pre-order live! Get DLC for Free
Hello everyone.

Today we started taking pre-orders for Cities in Motion on GamersGate!
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIM/cities-in-motion
And if you pre-order you will get a Free DLC pack, Design Classics.
Design Classics adds five brand new vehicles to Cities in Motion. Expand the cities
transit capabilities while providing your citizens with new and exciting comute options.

Offical release date Feb 22.

Enjoy

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?520391-Cities-in-Motion-Pre-order-live!-Get-DLC-for-Free
Pre-ordered

Ranger X said:
Good news, a Cities In Motion community guy told us (see on their facebook) that they are actually working on the pile-up issue!!

So I suppose there will be a patch down the road where the buses will place themselves properly on the line instead of packing up together.

That's good to hear!

Jintor

Yeah, I was getting really angry at my tram network being derailed by some asshole who decided to queue across my tram tracks

zoku88

DMPrince said:
i hope there's a proper demo. that beta wouldn't run on my system for some reason (would freeze after 10-15 seconds after starting it up. want to try it out.
I'm pretty sure that's pretty much the 'proper demo'.

Not sure why it wouldn't be.

EDIT: Also, those min specs are a bit high. I'm playing on a 7700Go and I'm getting a stable framerate.

zoku88 said:
I'm pretty sure that's pretty much the 'proper demo'.

Not sure why it wouldn't be.

EDIT: Also, those min specs are a bit high. I'm playing on a 7700Go and I'm getting a stable framerate.

Although, the open beta is said to finish on the 20th. Surely there'll be an official demo put out to coincide with the release of the game...or swiftly following.

The End

Oh

My

God

This is an exact copy of my 18-million selling architecture/online sim Erection World from Game Dev Story.

Pandemic

Just finished downloading the game (super quick) off STEAM, and it works!

It's the full game with campaign, map editor, all the maps, etc!

Awesomeee, 10 days early.

Pandemic said:
Just finished downloading the game (super quick) off STEAM, and it works!

It's the full game with campaign, map editor, all the maps, etc!

Awesomeee, 10 days early.
they'll realize and stop it ;P happens to other games in the past as well. including where a demo was unlocked as full lol

Pandemic

DMPrince said:
they'll realize and stop it ;P happens to other games in the past as well. including where a demo was unlocked as full lol
Yup, then you can just play it in offline mode.

But get it whilst it's hot. :D

Dennis

Banned
What am I missing here? Four pretty identical screenshots showing.....what?

Is it the tiny maps? LOL

Learn to Crop, noobie

Kabouter

On the official forums, developer and publisher are saying that the version out on steam is not the final version, and it is actually an earlier version than the open beta.

Pandemic

Kabouter said:
On the official forums, developer and publisher are saying that the version out on steam is not the final version, and it is actually an earlier version than the open beta.
Yup, I'm assuming it's true. But nonetheless, it's the full game, 10 days before the official release, and they said they'll release a patch straight after the release which should include the DLC.

:D

Jimrpg

i bought it too!

$20 is a really good launch price. It doesn't look overly long... I think thats the right move. I was thinking of waiting for a price drop on Steam but im happy to give the developer a shot at $20.

it looks really cute so far... the interface is generally good though a bit scattered for some things like buying vehicles and assigning lines.

happy to play a transport tycoon game although that games user friendliness is still king...

this one has a bit of a different feel to it as its located in cities and deals with people rather than goods.

had some bugs already thats caused it to crash out of the tutorial but ill wait till after release to reserve judgement.

Top Bottom