• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities in Motion |OT| Is your city in motion?

Jimrpg

game crashed for me in both the tutorial and the first campaign (berlin)... sigh... i dont play PC games that much... but it seems they crash more than console games....

Jubbly

arbok26 said:
game crashed for me in both the tutorial and the first campaign (berlin)... sigh... i dont play PC games that much... but it seems they crash more than console games....

It's a Paradox game... they crash a lot.

Ranger X said:
Oh my GOD!! we've reached page 4!

*celebrates*

:p

Champaaaaagne!
I love this game, i played for almost 30 hours from the release date. Won the first two campaign missions without metro/underground, now i'm in Vienna during '50 and i finally built my very first metro network.

Hope Paradox make some proper city builder in the future

Bug tip for everyone: If you modify a subway line, you may encounter a bug that keeps some platforms from emptying themselves. The only solution I found was to erase that station and build another one at the same exact spot.

* Also happened to me with a tram.

Pandemic

New patch on the way
Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we have been working hard on a new patch for Cities in Motion. The dev team wants to thank you again for the feedback and the support that you have given us!

So more about things we have been working on:

- Traffic jams
This has been the most addressed issue in Cities in Motion. In the new patch the amount of private cars depends on the difficulty, making the easy level less likely to have so many traffic jams. The jammed cars also disappear more quickly. And in the sandbox you can even customize the amount of the private cars to your liking.

- Economy
We realized that the fluctuating economy is a bit too sudden, so we slowed the fluctuation down a bit.

- Press "U"
We added a shortcut to get to the underground view (nobody admits forgetting it in the first place..)

In addition to these we worked on the bugs we had left. I hope this resolves the issues you have been having with Cities in Motion. Please let us know if you agree!

The patch 1.1.12 is available soon

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?524422-New-patch-on-the-way

Ranger X

Well, sadly they didn't understand what the traffic issue was. I know there was too many cars but the problems is that they should have made them use all the lanes and most importantly, make so the buses stay appart from each others.

Oh well, a patch is better than no patch...

Pandemic

Ranger X said:
Well, sadly they didn't understand what the traffic issue was. I know there was too many cars but the problems is that they should have made them use all the lanes and most importantly, make so the buses stay appart from each others.

Oh well, a patch is better than no patch...
Agreed.. It was annoying seeing a large lane of traffic empty, whilst the other lane was full of vehicles.

Pandemic

Although, just noticed this on the forums,

Someone asked,
The problem may not be the volume of cars, or how fast they disappear. It's second lane usage and intersection blocking that seem to be the biggest issue. Are these impossible to fix?

And the response by a Cities in Motion dev, was,
The second lane usage is unfortunately impossible to fix, so we'll just have to do what we can. I hope the game is still enjoyable for you.

Ranger X

Pandemic said:
Although, just noticed this on the forums,

Someone asked,
The problem may not be the volume of cars, or how fast they disappear. It's second lane usage and intersection blocking that seem to be the biggest issue. Are these impossible to fix?

And the response by a Cities in Motion dev, was,
The second lane usage is unfortunately impossible to fix, so we'll just have to do what we can. I hope the game is still enjoyable for you.

Wierd. I don't see how it's "impossible to fix" but hey, it's their code...

Pandemic

Ranger X said:
Wierd. I don't see how it's "impossible to fix" but hey, it's their code...
Someone asked why it's impossible, and their response was,
It would unfortunately take too much time and effort to program this feature into the game. We just don't have the resources to add a feature this big into the game in a reasonable time. We understand it's a lack in the design and hope that you can still enjoy the game without this feature.

I can't even beat Berlin :(

I built three tramlines down the huge middle lane of Berlin, each terminating at the roundabouts to make natural loops. However, I just cannot run a profit on it, and at later points the platforms get so full of people, my rating drops - I even took out a stupid amount of loans and had about 60 trams running on the line at full capacity and there were still about 70 people at each tram stop getting angry!

What am I doing wrong?

Mesijs

You should raise prices for tickets... and you should underpay all your employees. Don't build too many trams, just let the people wait. Reputation doesn't matter.

Ranger X

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Do you need to download the patch form somewhere or does it automaticly update with steam?

I think Steam should send a message or something (Impulse did to me). And then in the game/library section, you should be able to update somewhere. (at least on Impulse that's how it is, I simply need to go at my library and just like a download I have an option to path the given game)

Mesijs

I wrote the review for Gamer.nl, it's in Dutch: http://www.gamer.nl/review/64533/cities-in-motion

Gave it a 7.

+
Managing public transportation in a city is innovative and worked-out well
Variation in scenarios and challenges

-
Reputation damage does not have an effect in the game
You can often 'cheat' missions in the game

Overall, really liked the game but it does have some severe balancing issues that hold it back

Pandemic

I had to uninstall and re-download Cities in Motion off STEAM as the game wasn't updated to 1.12, and stuck on 1.09..

Ranger X

Well, It's so rare a strategy game is about transportation that it makes Cities In Motion fresh. That's how I can understand the saying it's "Innovative".

this is $10 for the base game and all the dlc on steam. worth it? did they ever fix the bugs people were talking about in here?

140 hours in... so I say BUY. Love the game espeially the super hard first version, before the patch. :) i also made a tutorial to win in amsterdam on the official forum without the patch

graywolf323

I'm on the fence about grabbing it myself

I'll wait and see what tomorrow's daily deals are so I can then budget and decide is this worth $10 to me

pilonv1

Is the DLC worth it? It just seems to be a bunch of extra vehicles, and not having played the main game I can't work out if they're useful.

Is the DLC worth it? It just seems to be a bunch of extra vehicles, and not having played the main game I can't work out if they're useful.

Extra vehicles are extra, nothing more. But maybe after you beat the game you feel the need to have new maps... but the best maps are included in the basic game.

bjaelke

The best maps are user maps available for free on the fan pages. You'll also find fixes/tweaks to make the overall experience better.

pilonv1

I ended up getting the DLC so I could get Japan.

Trying to do Berlin now and I must be missing something. I'm trying to set up a tram line between three spots, and I've got a tram running past them but it's not dropping passengers. Need to look up some help on this.

I know this thread is old as hell but I see this on steam for Mac

I am researching if it can play on my old macbook pro 2.26 GHz Core Duo
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

? I don't know if this would work smoothly or wait until I update to another computer

Ranger X

I know this thread is old as hell but I see this on steam for Mac

I am researching if it can play on my old macbook pro 2.26 GHz Core Duo
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

? I don't know if this would work smoothly or wait until I update to another computer

Don't they give the minimum specs on Steam in the game's description?

Top Bottom