• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Green Party files for Wisconsin recount, audit

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe im wrong but the money collected by Jill Stein doesn't count as campaign contributions so she pockets it lol

if anything people can charge back.

7CDxyqa.gif

This was a waste of time and money from the very beginning.
You are correct.

Risette

A Good Citizen
thinking of all this money wasted is actually depressing

imagine if planned parenthood or the ACLU got ~$7m basically overnight to do something useful instead of some grifter

thinking of all this money wasted is actually depressing

imagine if planned parenthood or the ACLU got ~$7m basically overnight to do something useful instead of some grifter
That won't make me feel better about the election. What about my feelings? How am I going to sleep at night not knowing if the machine counted the votes with such a margin of error across multiple states as to invalidate the previous results? UGH!

Xe4

Banned
I'm shocked, shocked!
Well, not that shocked.

It's no surprise. Any sort of voter fraud big enough to overturn MI or WI votes would have been Watergate-esqe, which, lets be honest, Trump was too stupid to pull off.

It's pretty hard for there to be a miscount of that magnitude either, so it's hardly surprising it turned out as it did. If there was any chance the results would've been different (ie 2000's Florida close) Clinton would've had a recount, but not in the number of states Trump won and how (not) close it was.

Ryzaki009

Honestly who cares? We've had an entire branch of government laughed off as crybabies for the last six years and you know what? Being cry babies worked.

Yep. Not sure why people are acting like being seen as children is a bad point. Republicans have been doing it for the last 8 years and they cleaned house.

Caja 117

Honestly who cares? We've had an entire branch of government laughed off as crybabies for the last six years and you know what? Being cry babies worked.

Yep. Not sure why people are acting like being seen as children is a bad point. Republicans have been doing it for the last 8 years and they cleaned house.

Yup, Let them keep doing it, in this same election we have the loser senator of NC not conceding, Dem have played the nice guy role and at the end they get stomped by the Reps.

Yup, Let them keep doing it, in this same election we have the loser senator of NC not conceding, Dem have played the nice guy role and at the end they get stomped by the Reps.
Might as well stoop to the level of the racists right? If you can't beat them, join them.

Ryzaki009

Might as well stoop to the level of the racists right? If you can't beat them, join them.

Because racism and refusing to work with someone until you get what you want (and more) are the same thing. -_-

Seriously ridiculous. But it keeps working for them so they keep doing it. Meanwhile dems bend over backwards and just get punched in the face. Fool me once as the saying goes...

Yeah, throw at me the racist equivalency card to someone like me that can be target of racism because of the color of my skin.
How does that matter when you are advocating for their tactics? All the more reason why you should not want to stoop to their level.

Kilau

Gold Member
maybe im wrong but the money collected by Jill Stein doesn't count as campaign contributions so she pockets it lol

if anything people can charge back.

The way they set it up sure looks like a campaign donation, $2,700.00 as the max auto donation amount and the next page says they are required by the government to collect employment data.

The way they set it up sure looks like a campaign donation, $2,700.00 as the max auto donation amount and the next page says they are required by the government to collect employment data.

Fuck Jill Stein and fuck everyone who thought Jill Stein was doing anything other than scamming people.

Those millions could have gone toward the Louisiana Senate runoff, but now the Green Party will have more money to spend on Ads that only attack the Democrats because Jill Stein is the kind of scumbag who doesn't give a shit about actual progress.

Dirca

It may have been said already, but I think the CAH stunt this weekend ($100k donated to dig a hole in the ground) was a metaphor for Jill Stein's asinine fundraiser

It may have been said already, but I think the CAH stunt this weekend ($100k donated to dig a hole in the ground) was a metaphor for Jill Stein's asinine fundraiser

I thought so as well.

You can fund us to keep digging a hole. Sure. Why not.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I feel bad for the people who helped fund this, but when the country's about to fall into the hands of a white nationalist and bigot, desperation sets in.

Don't worry folks. If you thought Trump was butthurt before, wait until protests erupt nation wide during his inauguration day.

Don't worry folks. If you thought Trump was butthurt before, wait until protests erupt nation wide during his inauguration day.

I was thinking about this and how he probably can't set foot into a Westcoast city for 4 years, let alone a major city in any blue state without causing a shitshow.

Xe4

Banned
Im not advocating for them to be racist nor anywhere in my post had said that. So, yeah, Im not sure where you get that at.

I think a lot of people are proud to be democrats for the very reason that they don't act like man-babies when things don't go their way. Say what you will about cooperation, that's how politics is supposed to work. You have democrats throw a hissy fit every time they don't get their way, say goodbye to any sort of functioning government at all. I respect the democratic party because they aren't republicans; them acting similar to the Tea Party would really turn me off.

How does that matter when you are advocating for their tactics? All the more reason why you should not want to stoop to their level.

Obstructionism and racism are two different things, and trying to conflate the two is deeply disingenuous.

I don't see any strong motivation NOT to be obstructionist at this point. As said, the GOP shows it works. If our political system has devolved to such a point that that's the only way to win effectively, well...so be it.

I think a lot of people are proud to be democrats for the very reason that they don't act like man-babies when things don't go their way. Say what you will about cooperation, that's how politics is supposed to work. You have democrats throw a hissy fit every time they don't get their way, say goodbye to any sort of functioning government at all. I respect the democratic party because they aren't republicans; them acting similar to the Tea Party would really turn me off.

See, I respect the Democrats (to the extent that I do) because they hold policies that are not self-evidently destructive, delusional, and dangerous. I'm far more concerned with outcomes than I am with tactics.

Arguing about obstructionism and who was mean to who is a luxury that a lot of people in our society can't afford - I'd rather see their concerns addressed first, even if it means playing rough.

That's one of the reasons why I like the party too. The problem, however, is that playing the nice guy all the time doesn't work when the other party realizes that they can just coast by fucking with the system and disenfranchising rather than adapt to appeal to more voters. We've reached the point where it's impossible for the GOP to win PVs without outrageous circumstances but they don't give a fuck.

robochimp

The racists didn't win. Benghazi won, voter ID won, dismantling unions won, emails won, voting to repeal Obamacare 60 million times won, f'ing Anthony Weiner sexting won, gerrymandering won.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I will continue to find it suspect that Stein is behind this recall.

KingBroly

Banned
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803423503978532864

Audit when?

Edit: It also baffles me that he won against all odds but still behaves like a four year old.

Keep in mind that a National Voter/Election Audit would call into question everything and everyone voted for on November 8th.

Personally, I hope he tries to pass anti-voter fraud laws and national ID cards for voting. Then you'll know who doesn't want it and who benefits from it (the answer is all of them).

So I heard a nasty little rumor. Apparently the cost of the Wisconsin Recount is going to cost Stein roughly $3.5 million, assuming she decides to go through with it (If it's that high, she won't). I don't know how legitimate this is, though.

I think the next 4 years are going to be the most interesting 4 years in Politics in US history.

That's one of the reasons why I like the party too. The problem, however, is that playing the nice guy all the time doesn't work when the other party realizes that they can just coast by fucking with the system and disenfranchising rather than adapt to appeal to more voters. We've reached the point where it's impossible for the GOP to win PVs without outrageous circumstances but they don't give a fuck.

Yeah.
Hell just looking at some of the reactions when they aren't even requesting it themselves it feels like Republicans could probably request a recount while winning, just because, and somehow these people would probably "blame" the democrats for it.

Guys, the recount in Michigan CANNOT begin until the original results are certified which they have just been.

This lol.

Edit: It also baffles me that he won against all odds but still behaves like a four year old.

It's damned sad. I thought that, even if nothing else of his utterly disgusting behavior, racism, incompetence, and views got him "ejected" from contention in the election, everyone seeing him act like this on twitter, during the debates, during multiple events, would have. He was a child during the entire process and continues to be and yet people actually voted for him anyway for a position like president...

This is gonna be a long four years.

On the topic of vote recounts:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803421742815412224
Is he saying that the journalists suck/are wrong because they didn't show evidence of fraud not existing to discredit his obviously false claim? I... what? I must be reading that wrong. My brain melted just typing that second sentence.

Yes. He is effectively asking journalists to prove a negative. "Prove that this extraordinary claim that has no evidence to support it DIDN'T happen."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom