• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN/ORC Poll: Trump 44%, Clinton 39%, Johnson 9%, Stein 3%

Status
Not open for further replies.
(CNN) The bounce is back.

Donald Trump comes out of his convention ahead of Hillary Clinton in the race for the White House, topping her 44% to 39% in a four-way matchup including Gary Johnson (9%) and Jill Stein (3%) and by three points in a two-way head-to-head, 48% to 45%. That latter finding represents a 6-point convention bounce for Trump, which are traditionally measured in two-way matchups.

The new findings mark Trump's best showing in a CNN/ORC Poll against Clinton since September 2015. Trump's new edge rests largely on increased support among independents, 43% of whom said that Trump's convention in Cleveland left them more likely to back him, while 41% were dissuaded. Pre-convention, independents split 34% Clinton to 31% Trump, with sizable numbers behind Johnson (22%) and Stein (10%). Now, 46% say they back Trump, 28% Clinton, 15% Johnson and 4% Stein.

Lots more stats in the article. Here's one of them :

Trump's newfound lead is also boosted by a sharp increase in support from whites without college degrees.

And Cruz took a hit...

Cruz's move, however, appears to have backfired. While 60% of Republican voters had a positive impression of the former presidential candidate before the convention, just 33% have one now.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/25/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-poll/index.html?adkey=bn

jambo

psCWWVS.gif

neat, so we're now in part one of the convention-related polling noise olympics that everyone will now proceed to panic about for the next two months

Zereta

l0K405j6GsSMmCtbO.gif

Non-American going to college in America. Might not be a good idea for me to stick around seeing as I'm literally the enemy of the current frontrunner's cult fanbase (Brown skinned agnostic Indian but wait till I let my facial hair grow)

I know this is just the post-RNC bump but it is alarming that a trainwreck of a convention can lead to this. Hopefully the DNC can come ahead of this e-mail leak thing and do good this week.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I know this is normal, but having just read Michael Moore's latest analysis on why he thinks Trump will win, it's all very depressing.

m3k

earlier today i read the putin ties with trump neogaf thread and thought this is pretty damning and against anything america has been for for the past 50 years... and yet he still carries momentum according to these polls

what a time to be alive

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Kinda surprised that Cruz' and Johnson's numbers suffered that much. Cruz is maybe, the bullshitting theocrat, is simply the wrong person to lead the Republicans-against-Trump bandwagon. But I would have thought that Gary Johnson could be the one benefitting the most from the situation.

Favorability ratings for Trump's wife, Melania, climbed from 27% pre-convention to 43% post-convention, despite news that her Monday night speech contained passages lifted from Michelle Obama's 2008 Democratic convention speech.

Donald-Trump-Confused-Face-2015-Republican-Debate.gif

A bump after the convention? Who would have thought?

On one hand, yes, of course.

On the other hand, it's still a literal fascist with little knowledge/understanding of literally anything running on one of the most hateful major platforms in American history, with a non-zero chance of winning, so I think it's okay to Chicken Little a bit.

WE'RE DOING IT GAFFERS

Gonna feel so good come November being able to say "WE DID IT GAFFERS" if Trump wins.

We're making history bois!!! Lets goooo!!!

DavidDesu

Welp, seems you'll be getting the President you deserve... (If truly the majority of support goes his way then fuck me the IQ of the average American is even worse than I thought) :p

Sorry. I live in the UK, the one with Boris Johnson and Chancellor Sutler, so I can't really talk, but I'm in the part that hopefully will disassociate itself from that ASAP. Scotland.

Probably won't matter when Trump starts the nuclear holocaust and all the UKs nuke subs are located about 30 miles away from where I live...FUCK.

Welp, seems you'll be getting the President you deserve... (If truly the majority of support goes his way then fuck me the IQ of the average American is even worse than I thought) :p

Sorry. I live in the UK, the one with Boris Johnson and Chancellor Sutler, so I can't really talk, but I'm in the part that hopefully will disassociate itself from that ASAP. Scotland.

Probably won't matter when Trump starts the nuclear holocaust and all the UKs nuke subs are located about 30 miles away from where I live...FUCK.
Don't worry. We had faith your country would do the right thing. And you did. You passed Brexit.

Have faith we'll do the right thing. Trump will win with 51% if he needs to. But have faith in us.

We'll not only make "America great again!", we'll "Make the Earth great again."

LETS GO (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

obin_gam

538 updated 19 hours ago have Hillary still in the lead though:

Code:
[B]Electoral votes[/B]
Hillary Clinton 286.5
Donald Trump 251.3
Gary Johnson 0.2

[B]Popular vote[/B]
Hillary Clinton 47.2%
Donald Trump 45.3%
Gary Johnson 6.2%

daxy

This is why you tell literally everybody you know to go out and vote because this time it's quite literally your country's wellbeing on the line as well as the rest of the entire god damn world. Voter apathy and misinformation causes dumb shit like Brexit and losing both houses in mid-term elections. The 'Eh, one vote less isn't going to to matter' attitude is off the table.

Trump is unfit for office can't people realize this?

The Brexit campaign's argument was literally fucking "All these reports/people are saying this is bad? People are tired of facts/experts. Let's take our country back." Also, you guys voted in G-dubs twice.

Jeez, guess the Americans don't care that Trump is racist, has Russian links etc. I honestly believed Clinton would win easily, now I think Trump will win and will forever change my opinion of the average American and not in a good way.

DavidDesu

i feel like it's one national poll that is literally still in fucking july

But Trump is seemingly invincible to attack. The fact he is the Republican nominee proves that. He's a fucking evil idiot but he's gotten this far. Hillary has nothing to hit him with that will actually stick. He's Teflon coated. On the other hand he and the entire Republican outfit including the likes of Fox will absolutely pummel Clinton for the next few months. It's going to be a bloodbath. This will be the messiest campaign we've ever seen. She's too compromised to be able to hit Trump with any authority. Hillary is going to lose

Kathian

Banned
But I don't understand how can these 'statistics' not be in line with statistics at the last election? What is this democracy and campaign you talk of?

How on earth can Trump be winning by focusing on a majority?

Also FYI Dems as an international observer - you have the Spanish speaking vote and the Black vote, but there are other minorities - small but still of importance. No offence but with identity and race such a big thing about this election it's probably best not to have the courting of the Spanish vote as 80% of your campaigning. You got them already.

Dems can't win this unless they start having a serious discussion on immigration control. The government has immigration control; Obama has enforced immigration control. Talking about immigration control does not make you a far right nutter.

Honestly what is the big Dem sell here? Trump is not going to kill Healthcare; more or less their one policy directed at White Americans. You can't expect people to vote against their interest even if you feel the moral action is for them to do so.

Most of the Bush voters are still alive and immigration has not radically changed in 8 years of Obama.

bomma_man

I don't think white people can be trusted with the franchise. They're overly emotional and hysterical. Completely irrational.

Trump is unfit for office can't people realize this?

Some people seriously see that as a plus.

Others seriously believe facts are less important than feelings, and Trump gives them good feelings when he promises and authoritarian regime, war crimes, abandonment of our allies, a disconnect from the world at large, an impossible wall, and the removal of all Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom