• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Offseason Thread: All Longhorn Network, All The Time*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan

Banned
He doesn't have that pitch anymore. Loyalty and love for university and all that. I'd suspect recruiting in Seattle won't be as easy as keeping Cal kids.
Probably not, but he'll have a new pitch. Dude can sell.

Sucks for the Cal program mostly.
Indeed. Typical, really.

I don't think we'll get the rest but Shaq is going to end up at Cal or UW
Oh yeah, should've mentioned that. U Dub was always on his list. Well, not like it matters to us where he ends up, as long as it's elsewhere. :/

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Transferees to UCF or Gabberts?

Gabberts. I know he was from Mizzou then transferred to Louisville for like a week, then didn't play this season. He has 3 years to play 3 seasons. So, it isn't like he has many other options if he doesn't like it here.

We did also get a USM recruit QB at the same time, so we're good there for now at least.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm sorry, but as I understand it, it's not signing day yet, and this kid, any kid, could up and change his commitment. He hasn't enrolled early, he hasn't signed an LOI, and is no way "stuck" going to a college yet.

I'm sure Alabama would want the kid, but hey, enforced scholarship limits and all.
Taylor has decommitted and will move on to other pastures, most likely containing far fewer crystal footballs.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Taylor has decommitted and will move on to other pastures, most likely containing far fewer crystal footballs.

How dare Alabama screw this kid over, sending him to a school not named Alabama.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/who_is_doug_nussmeier_heres_a.html

Sounds pretty sure that Nussmeier is the OC.

Though, odd to see other rumours of interviewing Stanford's OC.

Interesting, Nussmeier was Fresno State's OC in 2008. He's the OC they got to replace the departing Jim McElwain.

Lonestar

Apparently, ESPN and others are reporting that Gunner Kiel did NOT show up at LSU. That he's not decommitted.

Cue the WHAT THE FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

mre

Apparently, ESPN and others are reporting that Gunner Kiel did NOT show up at LSU. That he's not decommitted.

LSU fans in meltdown mode, I'm assuming.

Edit: yep.

Lonestar

Already 18 variations of a Tate Forcier Joke, on Tigerdroppings

scaled.php

It cuts out the falling on the floor part, but works as a "Eating Popcorn" gif.

Lonestar

Think we're looking at a possibly Cal situation.

Kiel's brother's leaving Indiana now, going to ND. At the same time this is happening with Gunner.

Totally a Maynerd/Allen Situation.

Fuck, man. Florida can't even oversign if we wanted to. Apparently there are a few top tier talents we are still close on, but we only have like 60 guys on scholarship, early playing time to sell, and only 18 commits to date.

mre

My 5 and 2 year old are now taking turns going down a little slide we have in our living room saying "Roll Tide" as they go down it.

The 5 year old just tossed in a "Boo Auburn."

I'm such a proud parent.

cashman

Banned
My 5 and 2 year old are now taking turns going down a little slide we have in our living room saying "Roll Tide" as they go down it.

The 5 year old just tossed in a "Boo Auburn."

I'm such a proud parent.

Has either one of them said "Fuck Tennessee" yet?

mre

You done good.

I assume they are military rations as well? Of what variety?

Judging from the smell that just wafted across the room, I'm going to assume that the littlest one is full of shit.

The older one is some sort of roast.
Has either one of them said "Fuck Tennessee" yet?
Nope. I'm waiting until the youngest is at least 10 to indoctrinate them against Tennessee. Otherwise, I'm sure they would be saying that.

Lonestar

A little story that I read in Dick Winter's Memoir's, about their day's version of mre's (I think they're called K-Rations), was there was this packet of stuff that made Lemonade. Everyone hated it, so they just threw it out.

What they didn't know, was in that lemonade packet, was 100% of their intake of Vitamin C. None of the rest of the "food" had any Vitamin C.

After going a month in Normandy, everyone started developing cavities. Leading to visits to in-the-field Dentists.

Lets just say, that didn't go too well.

So, hoping they fixed the rationing of vitamins and minerals in the entire mre, and not just in the shitty packet of imitation beef stew.

cdyhybrid

HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Some Long Beach Poly recruits were at the basketball game, and saw us come from 10+ down to beat the Coug Its behind Terrence Ross' 30 points. The building was loud as hell. I bet they enjoyed that.

Sounds like Nick Montana is transferring. Supposedly was looking at the JC Cammy Cam played at.
yeah, don't really mind all that much though. Think it probably locks up both Lindquist and Miles in this class. Both have a chance to compete with D. Brown for the back up spot and would have 3 years of eligibility left after Teeth graduates.
bcondotta
Just talked to Nick Montana's HS coach, Bill Redell, who confirmed what he told LA Times that he expects Montana to transfer from UW.
4 minutes ago

If he goes to that JC I'm guessing it's cause he wants to stay in the Pac 12, will be interesting to see where he ends up for the 2013 season.

Edit- Just had a thought, maybe Montana follows Nuss over to Bama. Sits out next year due to transfer rules and would have two years after that. What's the eligibility/ability situation for Bama QB's?

thefro

He's clearly a head case at this point... wouldn't be surprised if he transfers from Notre Dame too or ends up signing somewhere else completely.

Lonestar

yeah, don't really mind all that much though. Think it probably locks up both Lindquist and Miles in this class. Both have a chance to compete with D. Brown for the back up spot and would have 3 years of eligibility left after Teeth graduates.

If he goes to that JC I'm guessing it's cause he wants to stay in the Pac 12, will be interesting to see where he ends up for the 2013 season.

Edit- Just had a thought, maybe Montana follows Nuss over to Bama. Sits out next year due to transfer rules and would have two years after that. What's the eligibility/ability situation for Bama QB's?

I had remembered that Alabama did try to recruit him back then.

Lets see, McCarron will be a RS Junior this upcoming season, and Phillip Simms will be a RS sophomore. Those are the 2 blue chip QBs.

There's also Phillip Ely, who will be a redshirt freshman next season, and Alabama has a commitment from an incoming hs senior. Then there's the chance of getting Winston to change schools.

Simms could transfer for playing time, McCarron could leave early if he has a breakout season next year, and the 2 other commits are roster fillers (at the moment). So, at the moment, we wouldn't need him, but things can change rapidly.

Cyan

Banned
Dunno how much of this is just fan rage, but apparently Tosh just hopped a plane to Seattle this morning without saying a word to Tedford or his players, all of whom were blindsided by the announcement. The only people he told in advance were a few recruits, including Shaq Thompson. :/ Shades of Ed Orgeron leaving Tenn.

Can't fault the man for taking a 200% pay raise, but that's kind of a shitty way to go out.

Still no official word or reaction from Cal, which lends credence to this being a blindside.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I wish I had something fun to contribute to this thread but I have no idea who we are getting. Supposedly Thomas Sirk and Shaquille Powell are good players and won post season awards for their respective schools. Other than that ?????

3-9 AGAIN! TIME TO CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT

mre

Dunno how much of this is just fan rage, but apparently Tosh just hopped a plane to Seattle this morning without saying a word to Tedford or his players, all of whom were blindsided by the announcement. The only people he told in advance were a few recruits, including Shaq Thompson. :/ Shades of Ed Orgeron leaving Tenn.

Can't fault the man for taking a 200% pay raise, but that's kind of a shitty way to go out.

Still no official word or reaction from Cal, which lends credence to this being a blindside.
Low character. Sorry, man. :(

I wish I had something fun to contribute to this thread but I have no idea who we are getting. Supposedly Thomas Sirk and Shaquille Powell are good players and won post season awards for their respective schools. Other than that ?????

3-9 AGAIN! TIME TO CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT

Oh don't worry, by a month before the season starts, you would have worked yourself into predicting at least an 8 win season...again.

can't wait until tomorrow when we will see who actually showed up for classes and is therefore an actual EE. Notre Dame could still haul Kiel and both Armsteads (the younger and USCer).

mre

Hold on...

NC State's #1 fan doesn't need to get involved here.

If there's one thing that binds those snooty, rich punks at Duke and the hard working, middle class young men and women who attend THE N C State, it's our hatred of all things Carolina.

If there's one thing that binds those snooty, rich punks at Duke and the hard working, middle class young men and women who attend THE N C State, it's our hatred of all things Carolina.

Look, the man was downgrading his team at one little insult, not my fault.

Yeah, I know he is a Duke fan, but its 8 wins. If you don't think you can get to 8 wins, go to the Sun Belt.

Or the Big East, I guess they still have basketball.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

damn right, and we don't need an agent runner to suck and NCSU doest need corrupt tutors to make the tire bowl!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Look, the man was downgrading his team at one little insult, not my fault.

Yeah, I know he is a Duke fan, but its 8 wins. If you don't think you can get to 8 wins, go to the Sun Belt.

Or the Big East, I guess they still have basketball.

Dude, we lost to Richmond for the 3rd time last year and they went 0-8 in the Colonial. Expecting more than 2 wins is pushing the realms of reality

cdyhybrid

Shitty deal for sure, but that's how the game goes now =\ Our CB coach Martin left for UCLA and took four recruits with him a few weeks ago. CFB is a business, etc. etc. Sark said the same thing after Martin left. You either play the game or you get burned.

FWIW, I still think Cal will pull in a monster class. I actually expect Shaq to stay with Cal, since Tosh wasn't even his position coach...but we'll see what happens there, since he says it's 50/50 now. Luckily for you guys, USC has limited scholarships to give out, otherwise his guys would probably all end up there.

Wait a second, didn't Jason Williams parents get a nice no-show job at a pharma company in North Carolina when he committed to Duke?

Who? Sorry, not familiar with Duke football players!

Wait a second, didn't Jason Williams parents get a nice no-show job at a pharma company in North Carolina when he committed to Duke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom