• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teletraan1

Banned
No-country-for-old-men-tommy-lee-jones-25069727-450-276.jpg

Put yourself in the shoes of an editor-in-chief. One of your writers comes to you with information from a proven source and that source is Cboat. The information is going to be good but there is that little problem of presentation. Do you present the information unedited or do you provide your own edited translation?

I dont think they report on any of it because its true and they are just paid PR puppets that are afraid to get their access taken away if they were to make this public outside of the controlled PR. It is why nobody asks hard questions or actually reports on anything. They are just the delivery method for game company PR.

What's this I hear about the Stream being related to the livestream of the Gamescom conference?

Isn't it more logical to decipher cboats rumor as streaming your gameplay through Xbox One (as announced by them) wouldn't be available during launch due to issues. The 20% performance hit could also just affect the OS side of the console (so there'll be problems with the aforementioned streaming, overlays), with no affect on game development whatsoever.

Mandoric

Banned
Still don't get truthfact number 1. Why would MS not stream because of unfinished sdks yet have 100 consoles at Gamescom available to press and the public. You'd think it'd be easier to fake no performance issues in a conference than with hand on. Anyone got any ideas on this?

100 consoles, or 100 of those nifty demo stations with the 780s?

What's this I hear about the Stream being related to the livestream of the Gamescom conference?

Isn't it more logical to decipher cboats rumor as streaming your gameplay through Xbox One (as announced by them) wouldn't be available during launch due to issues. The 20% performance hit could also just affect the OS side of the console (so there'll be problems with the aforementioned streaming, overlays), with no affect on game development whatsoever.
That's how I read it too, but I think the most recent news was how they weren't streaming at Gamescom and "live stream" seems more relevant to that.

nib95

Banned
100 consoles, or 100 of those nifty demo stations with the 780s?

This. I want to see an actual Xbox One connected to the games. Same for the PS4. At the very least actual dev kits with actual relevant hardware. None of this GTX 780/680 malarkey.

The Flash

Banned

The general consensus here is that the streaming tidbit is actually about live streaming the Microsoft press event. The build that they have right now at this moment would not look good on screen where as the builds that they are using for the hands on Xbox Ones are probably older and more solid.

mjontrix

I dont think they report on any of it because its true and they are just paid PR puppets that are afraid to get their access taken away if they were to make this public outside of the controlled PR. It is why nobody asks hard questions or actually reports on anything. They are just the delivery method for game company PR.

Bingo.

But cant the same be said for nearly all forms of journalism nowadays?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I dont understand why people have so much trust in MS, that they will buy a Xbox One day one ?

I don't think there is a higher-than-average probability that the RROD fiasco will repeat itself. If anything, Microsoft hopefully learned from it…

I'd have bigger concerns about the software. Manufacturers these days seem to be happy enough if the software on the product they ship is capable enough of downloading patches and nothing else. There will be a PATCHATHON in the first months, and some features will most probably not work at all.

"It's compiling, ship it!"

Bsigg12

This. I want to see an actual Xbox One connected to the games. Same for the PS4. At the very least actual dev kits with actual relevant hardware. None of this GTX 780/680 malarkey.

Phil Spencer in last weeks podcast said "they're running on kit" which to me means dev kits. I can see the XDK being off right now, but the hardware in the devkits would be final so if they have a earlier build of the XDK running these demos, they'll be fine.

nib95

Banned
Phil Spencer in last weeks podcast said "they're running on kit" which to me means dev kits. I can see the XDK being off right now, but the hardware in the devkits would be final so if they have a earlier build of the XDK running these demos, they'll be fine.

Microsoft has a very loose definition of dev kit. For example, how could a set up with a Titan, 680 or 780 be considered a dev kit? Well according to Microsoft it is, despite having completely different hardware, specs and architecture to the actual Xbox One.

Comparatively, when Sony say running on dev kit's they mean the actual January SoCs that are pretty much exactly the same hardware as the retail PS4s minus the regular connection ports, debugging options etc. The final dev kits will probably have more than 8gb GDDR5 (which the Jan 2013 dev kits have) as they'll need some additional ram as buffer for the debugging and tools.

Bsigg12

What time is MS's big gamescom show / party / thing at anyway?

Microsoft shoots first at 10AM BST / 11AM CET / 5AM EST / 2AM PST,
We should be getting press releases and hands on video from media around that time as well. It's unfortunate that they are opting out of a full on European focused press conference, but it's their reputation to further tarnish.

Microsoft has a very loose definition of dev kit. For example, how could a set up with a Titan, 680 or 780 be considered a dev kit, well according to Microsoft it is, despite having completely different hardware and specs to the actual Xbox One.

Comparatively, when Sony say running on dev kit's they mean the actual January SoCs that are basically exactly the same hardware as the retail PS4s minus the regular connection ports, debugging options etc. The final dev kits will probably have more than 8gb GDDR5 (which the Jan 2013 dev kits have) as they'll need some additional ram as buffer for the debugging and tools.

That's a good point. I would be shocked though if any of the playable stations are running anything other than a dev/debug unit.

Also, i just saw your necro revive of the old CBoaT thread :)

I hope cboat has peppered his angus since Microsoft is going to come down hard on him - if the XBone fails I guarantee he's going to be the scapegoat.

Hahahaha, man, I love industry drama as much as the next Gaffer, but this is downright spy novel fantasy. If you think that Microsoft views Cboat as the reason Xbox One is faltering
or that they even really care about him at all
, I'm sorry but... well...that would actually be a pretty baller world to live in. Hahaha.

Too bad we don't. :/

If Xbox One fails, shareholders will be going after executives. Not Neogaf insiders.

Famassu

If it wasn't buttocks, I'd live in denial that MS has secured some Platinum Games game for as long as possible. But it is buttocks, so I'll start my mourning period now. After not giving a shit about Xbox 360 outside of The Real Bayonetta, Tales of Vesperia & Crackdown (and it RROD'ing after just a few months of those) and given the direction MS obviously wants to take their entertainment hub, I don't give a shit about XBone either. Wii U & PS4 it is for me, too bad that isn't enough to experience all of PG's next-gen glory, but meh, that's life.

Yeah that platinum games rumor has been really flimsy up to this point but if buttocks has it - it's real.

Though I am on the record saying that I don't think the PS4 will be in october. I hope i'm wrong, however.

Abominuz

Banned
If it wasn't buttocks, I'd live in denial that MS has secured some Platinum Games game for as long as possible. But it is buttocks, so I'll start my mourning period now. After not giving a shit about Xbox 360 outside of The Real Bayonetta, Tales of Vesperia & Crackdown (and it RROD'ing after just a few months of those) and given the direction MS obviously wants to take their entertainment hub, I don't give a shit about XBone either. Wii U & PS4 it is for me, too bad that isn't enough to experience all of PG's next-gen glory, but meh, that's life.

It is only a JP game so dont mourn.
And maybe after that they will start working on a multi plat title.
I also read here that MS is moneyhatting for JRPG's, but is that confirmed or just Gaffers being overly dramatic ?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Oooh, yes, of course. Still, this is a site were all insiders know each other and talk to each other.

Reiko made the mistake of not talking to them to compare sources. If it came from a fellow Gaffer who set him up, then he would still be posting.

It's probably because I'm drinking to forget how horrible the current episode of Dexter was, but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Yeah that platinum games rumor has been really flimsy up to this point but if buttocks has it - it's real.

Though I am on the record saying that I don't think the PS4 will be in october. I hope i'm wrong, however.

Ban Bet? :p
A GAF member claimed a retail confirmation had gone out for October 21st. He survived muster by Bish in another thread.

Abominuz

Banned
A GAF member claimed a retail confirmation had gone out for October 21st. He survived muster by Bish in another thread.

October for US, i bet we europeans wil get in end november ?
I really hope it will be worldwide, Sony would get unlimited amounts of sweet lovin a la Mclovin from us.

Lucent

I hope so, too. I mean, I could wait til November, but I'd rather get it sooner as long as it doesn't impact the quality of the consoles.

cchum

I would like to think you CBOAT for dem TRUTHFACTS, but alas I know not how.

cwL5Bro.png

Protip: googling buttocks is not wise with safe search off

Boss Man

wow..the reddit thread response to this thread is bananas! a ton of comments are deleted! This is.....((((Glorious))))
Reddit is where people who want to find the center of the Internet go when they're too stupid to find it. It's the most insufferable community I know.

I'm sure MS is extending out to as many Japanese devs as they could, though it's pretty unlikely any notable devs will bite it, though.

Are there any other 'potential' candidates though? Given that Mistwalker is pretty much out of the console game now, and all the bridges burned with previous gen money-hats... don't know if they have many friends left amongst the mercenaries.

The only one of the top of my mind that may accept the funding is probably Grasshopper Manufacturer.

Would love to see an insight into respective company's corporate espionage of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom