• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Book Day! - 12/22/10. Those Presents Are MINE; Ow My Eyes!; A Badge and An Axe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awards! These are things that I give out at the end of each comic week, or when I get around to it. I’ve been told that they mean a lot. You may notice a trend of me liking things that you don't. Heaping helpings of "sorry" and "deal with it" are available at the concession stand. In the corner. Of the building adjacent to this one. Congratulations to all the winners, you've earned it. To the losers: we're still good for Secret Santa, right?

Moment: Watching Lord Death-Man go all GTA in the streets of Japan in Batman, Inc. #02.
Panel: The reason Larfleeze wants a hovercraft in the Green Lantern - Larfleeze Christmas Special. He does have a point.
Quote: "Mr. Unknown is dead. Long live Batman Japan." Bruce Wayne says to Selina Kyle after he's sworn in his first operative in Batman, Inc. #02.
Cover: Superman/Batman #79. Who loves the future? Who loves space? Who loves Superman? Who loves Batman? At least two people on Earth will answer yes to all of the above: me(!) and Fiona Staples who created the cover for Superman/Batman #79.
Pick: Green Lantern - Larfleeze Christmas Special. You see, my head's telling me to go with Morrison's Batman, Inc #02. But my heart, the cockles specifically, tell me to go with the Larfleeze Christmas Special. I won't doubt that it ends up being one of Geoff Johns' greatest of his myriad of additions in the DCU. This was the perfect thing to read just after I wiped the sleep out of my eyes on Christmas morning.

Hope everyone enjoyed their books is having an excellent holiday weekend!

Tom_Cody

1zn742f.jpg

This

Tom_Cody said:

Yeah, I like Superior, I think it's miles better than Nemesis with its grotesque shocking moments (if your ead the book, you will know what I'm refering to). I'm getting more of a Marvel 1985 vibe from this. Definitely one of Millar's better work.
Art is also beautiful.

For as many hack jobs as Millar's turned in lately, I love Superior so far.

Completely different from the Captain Marvel/Shazam! parody that the solits made it sound like. And the dude loves him some Superman. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom