• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Didn't they hand wave that away as hallucinations during House of M?

Ha I'm fuzzy on all of it

Just finished both issues of Jem and The Hollograms. That second issue was muuuuuch better than the first. The characters all came into their own super quick. At first I was just reading for Sophie Campbell but now Im actually curious to see how this goes.

Anyone else reading this? Is the cartoon any good? Wasnt expecting to dig this as much as i did but it's very enjoyable.

I think its my favorite comic right now. I'm a total dork for the show since I was a kid though. I got to say hi to the voice actor for Pizzazz at a con I went to last weekend.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't know why that type of information is important to me but it is lol

Anyway, this Inhuman book has grown into a neat little read. The latest issue on MU (issue 7) is great with Maximus and Blackbolt. I love me some Maximus The Mad.

Edit: over on All New X-Men young Jean wants some of that older Cyclops D... that's kinda creepy, even if he said it could never happen.

Absolutely love it and cant wait for #3. Really wish it was ongoing. Jem better stop holding my girl Kimber back. She is the real star of the group. I think the art in both issues has been stellar and totally fits the style they are going for.

We have a few people here reading it.

Aw man I totally forgot it was a limited run. Maybe it could potentially get lumberjaned? I dont know how often that sorta thing happens.

Theres definetely a lot they could do with these characters beyond the battle of the bands plot.

Messi

Aw man I totally forgot it was a limited run. Maybe it could potentially get lumberjaned? I dont know how often that sorta thing happens.

Theres definetely a lot they could do with these characters beyond the battle of the bands plot.

I would love more. Hopefully it sells really well and they can come back to it.

Zombine

Banned
Yo fuck this how-old.net website. I'm 25 years old and this thing keeps telling me that I'm in my late 30s. My age kept going up ever pic I took.
I grabbed a pic from ages ago too when I was like 20 and it said I looked 40

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yo fuck this how old website. I'm 25 years old and this thing keeps telling me that I'm in my late 30s. My age kept going up ever pic I took.

What are you doing here, you're supposed to be banned

Yo fuck this how old website. I'm 25 years old and this thing keeps telling me that I'm in my late 30s. My age kept going up ever pic I took.

it keeps telling me that i'm in my 30s, like i'm some kinda decrepit old man. the ones with my old-ass (like 42 i think) dad place him as like 2 years older. frankly, it's bullshit imo

So comicGAF historians. Who has the definitive Justice league run?

For me it's Morrison but I don't hear it mentioned much these days. We're there any super great run in the 80s or earlier.

I thought maybe Giffen and Demattis but that always felt like some odd tangent series and not the iconic super group

Rhaknar

Lol what? Did I miss something?

Yes, yes you did.

Comics! Really liked Original Sin #1, Watcher's dead body was actually kinda fucked up, and i like the weird ass team that assembles to solve the murder. Great art too, I am intrigued.

Also Loki Agent of Asgard continues to be fantastic, I love this book so much.

Messi

Treated myself to one final Garry Brown Catwoman original art page :D

300415161639yBDV1gD3tF.jpg

fauxtrot

Banned
Y'all shouldn't waste your time on that How Old site and just post your pics here... so we can all judge you.

edit - Zombine, for some reason I thought you were in your late 20s / early 30s like me!

Zombine

Banned
Y'all shouldn't waste your time on that How Old site and just post your pics here... so we can all judge you.

edit - Zombine, for some reason I thought you were in your late 20s / early 30s like me!

Lol I'm 25, but clearly I'm 32-40. Thanks how-old.net.

Rhaknar

I don't need some website to tell me I'm 36, my mirror reminds me every day >_>

Anyone been reading that Hulk book with Doc Samson? I hear it's good?

Just read Multiversity #2. Pretty mixed on it. Lots of symbolism to digest. Need time and many re-reads. One question though, does
Nix represent us, the comic book reader?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Secret Avenger FInale: MODOK gets a
happy ending

Really enjoyed this whole run a lot, and I hope it gets collected as a hardcover. I mean, Kot's a Times Bestseller, so hardcovers are a must.

Rhaknar

Really liked Cyclops #1, it's a neat idea for a solo book and makes total sense for young Scott to want to be with his dad. Also the Starjammers are my jam...

...I'll see myself out :(

Messi

Really liked Cyclops #1, it's a neat idea for a solo book and makes total sense for young Scott to want to be with his dad. Also the Starjammers are my jam...

...I'll see myself out :(

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT COMICS IN THIS THREAD? HOW DARE YOU!

I really liked that series, I didn't keep going when layman took over. No idea if the quality dropped.

Just read Multiversity #2. Pretty mixed on it. Lots of symbolism to digest. Need time and many re-reads. One question though, does
Nix represent us, the comic book reader?
There's no real hard answer. My interpretation was that Ultra Comics in the final issue represented the reader.
19 posts away from my big 10k posts party.
How? I've been on GAF for three years and I just reached 6k posts

frye

Rhaknar

Yoooooooooo

Steve remembers about the incursions and he is pissed. Lol it always comes down to Steve and Tony doesn't it?

I think Booster Gold is the best book I've read this week. And thus far the only good thing to come out of Convergence. Read it, then went back and read the Futures End Booster Gold, and re-read Convergence Booster right after. It's neat seeing all the hooks laid in there.

I'll never understand how the Booster series didn't catch on. It's still so good :(

I have a feeling that DCU Booster is
going to die and New 52 Booster is going to be tagging around DCU Rip Hunter.

Yes, yes you did.

Comics! Really liked Original Sin #1, Watcher's dead body was actually kinda fucked up, and i like the weird ass team that assembles to solve the murder. Great art too, I am intrigued.

Aww man, you shoulda gon for Secret Invasion instead :/

Original SinSSSSS is the least wordt thing about that event btw. Got a legit good Doom story, if memory serves
Shame it starts with the most pants on head stupid Deathclok story ever.

Top Bottom